PDA

View Full Version : The Pittsburgh Steelers Find Themselves Trapped In a Gold Mi

fordfixer
04-04-2010, 12:27 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers Find Themselves Trapped In a Gold Mine
N R by
N R
Member Written on April 03, 2010
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3729 ... -gold-mine (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/372964-the-pittsburgh-steelers-find-themselves-trapped-in-a-gold-mine)

The Pittsburgh Steelers have flouted 2 Super Bowl Championships the past 5 years. And they deserved both of them. We watched as Big Ben rocketed a ball to Santonio Holmes in the corner of the endzone for a TD. And we thought things were going great.

But recent events have caused fans, like me, to rethink the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yes, they are a great team, and will remain the a threat in their division. But don't great football teams comprise of players who genuinely care about the game? Shouldn't they respect the game? Unfortunately, Ben Roethilsberger has not done so by exhibiting unacceptable behavior. As NY Daily News writer Gary Myers puts it, "Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl hero Ben Roethlisberger [and Santonio Holmes] is now in hot water".

Roethlisberger has been accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old college student in Milledgeville, Ga. The supposed assualt took place March 5. Authorities are still investigating the situation but no decision has been made whether Roethlisberger will be charged. In addition, Roethilsberger chose to stay away from the beginning of the Steelers' offseason conditioning program last week, which is peculiar since he has an impressive attendance record at these workouts.

And it's not the first time this quarterback has created bad off-the-field headlines. Roethlisberger is facing a lawsuit filed last year by a hotel worker in Nevada claiming he raped her. He was also arrested in 2008 for possession of marijuana. Common man!

All in all, I still like the Steelers. They are the most decorated franchise in history. And I will still cheer for them at Heinz field in sub-zero temperatures. But I just ask them to behave like the champions they really are.

Shawn
04-04-2010, 12:40 AM
When was Ben in possession of MJ? And he stays away from the practices because he was told to do so.

hawaiiansteel
04-04-2010, 02:04 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers Find Themselves Trapped In a Gold Mine
N R by
N R
Member Written on April 03, 2010
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3729 ... -gold-mine (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/372964-the-pittsburgh-steelers-find-themselves-trapped-in-a-gold-mine)

The Pittsburgh Steelers have flouted 2 Super Bowl Championships the past 5 years. And they deserved both of them. We watched as Big Ben rocketed a ball to Santonio Holmes in the corner of the endzone for a TD. And we thought things were going great.

But recent events have caused fans, like me, to rethink the Pittsburgh Steelers. Yes, they are a great team, and will remain the a threat in their division. But don't great football teams comprise of players who genuinely care about the game? Shouldn't they respect the game? Unfortunately, Ben Roethilsberger has not done so by exhibiting unacceptable behavior. As NY Daily News writer Gary Myers puts it, "Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl hero Ben Roethlisberger [and Santonio Holmes] is now in hot water".

Roethlisberger has been accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year-old college student in Milledgeville, Ga. The supposed assualt took place March 5. Authorities are still investigating the situation but no decision has been made whether Roethlisberger will be charged. In addition, Roethilsberger chose to stay away from the beginning of the Steelers' offseason conditioning program last week, which is peculiar since he has an impressive attendance record at these workouts.

And it's not the first time this quarterback has created bad off-the-field headlines. Roethlisberger is facing a lawsuit filed last year by a hotel worker in Nevada claiming he raped her. He was also arrested in 2008 for possession of marijuana. Common man!

All in all, I still like the Steelers. They are the most decorated franchise in history. And I will still cheer for them at Heinz field in sub-zero temperatures. But I just ask them to behave like the champions they really are.

Ben was never arrested in 2008 or any other year for possession of marijuana. C'Mon Man!

http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs259.snc1/10623_156097579101_156086759101_2728917_1544187_n. jpg

Discipline of Steel
04-04-2010, 02:08 AM
When was Ben in possession of MJ? And he stays away from the practices because he was told to do so.

This article presents nothing new except now making things up.

AngryAsian
04-04-2010, 02:48 AM
Maybe the guy was confusing Stonio's bust?

hawaiiansteel
04-04-2010, 03:02 AM
Maybe the guy was confusing Stonio's bust?

i'm sure he did, maybe it's because they look so much alike? :wft

Steelers' Santonio Holmes sidelined by marijuana charge
Saturday, October 25, 2008

By Jonathan D. Silver and Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes, who has been dogged by a variety of legal troubles in recent years, will not play in tomorrow's home game against the New York Giants because of his latest scrape with the law.

Pittsburgh police on Thursday afternoon pulled over Mr. Holmes' sport utility vehicle near Mellon Arena and found three marijuana-filled cigars.

Mr. Holmes told the officers that he had smoked marijuana in the vehicle the day before, according to a police affidavit.

Officers charged Mr. Holmes, 24, of Ohio Township, with a misdemeanor count of prohibited acts, in this case having a small amount of marijuana. Mr. Holmes did not seem impaired, so officers let him go. They are charging him through the mail by summons.

Coach Mike Tomlin yesterday said Mr. Holmes, a third-year receiver who is second on the team with 22 catches and 360 yards receiving, will be listed as inactive for the game.

He declined to say if Mr. Holmes had been suspended by the team or docked a game's pay.

"At this point we've chosen to name him as inactive," Mr. Tomlin said after yesterday's practice, which Mr. Holmes did not attend. "His situation has created somewhat of a distraction and we want to minimize that as much as we can and remain focused on the task at hand."

Mr. Tomlin met with Mr. Holmes earlier yesterday and told him he will not be allowed on the sidelines at Heinz Field and to report back to work Monday.

Mr. Holmes will be replaced in the starting lineup by Nate Washington, who has touchdown catches of 48 and 50 yards the past two games.

Mr. Holmes spoke briefly at his front door with a reporter and declined comment.

"It's unfortunate that the situation happened like that," receiver Hines Ward said. "We as a team have to move on. Coach Tomlin dealt with this issue. For us, we've got to play the New York Giants."

An NFL spokesman said the matter is being reviewed under the league's substance abuse policy.

Police stopped Mr. Holmes after being told at a 3 p.m. roll call that a late-model SUV with an out-of-state license plate might be driving through the Hill District with a "large amount of narcotics." The information pertained to an ongoing investigation.

An hour later, officers Thomas Gorecki and John Kusenko pulled over Mr. Holmes' black SUV with Florida license plates for an "investigatory stop" at Centre Avenue and Mario Lemieux Place because it matched the general description from roll call.

Zone 2 Cmdr. George Trosky said neither Mr. Holmes nor his vehicle were related to the narcotics investigation.

"It's completely unrelated," Cmdr. Trosky said. "You know what, it was just his bad luck."

Mr. Holmes did not have his driver's license but handed over his registration and insurance paperwork. Officers said they smelled marijuana in the SUV. Officer Kusenko asked Mr. Holmes if he had been smoking marijuana in the SUV that day.

"No," Mr. Holmes told officers, according to the affidavit, "but yesterday I was."

Police said Mr. Holmes told them he had marijuana in the vehicle. He pointed out two marijuana-filled cigars, known as "blunts," in a vehicle compartment. Officers recovered a third blunt from a pack of cigars in the center console.

In June 2006, Mr. Holmes was arrested in Ohio on domestic violence charges, which were later dismissed after the judge was assured by Mr. Holmes' lawyers that their client was participating in ongoing counseling offered through the NFL.

Mr. Holmes also was arrested in Miami Beach, Fla., for disorderly conduct during a Memorial Day weekend crackdown by local authorities in 2006. That charge was later dropped in exchange for a $250 donation to the Police Officers Assistance Trust Fund.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08299/922794-66.stm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200810/20081025pdholmes_160.jpghttp://www.clevelandleader.com/files/ben_roethlisberger-11643.jpg

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Like Arnold Schwarzenneger and Danny Devito!

fordfixer
04-04-2010, 05:27 PM

Twins :lol:

snarky
04-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Why does he call Ben a 'common man'?

hawaiiansteel
04-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Why does he call Ben a 'common man'?

i think he meant it as "Come on Man!"

SteelAbility
04-05-2010, 08:16 AM

Yes, but which one is Arnold and which one is Danny? :P

rpmpit
04-05-2010, 08:18 AM

Twins :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Those pics aren't a good comparison. That was right after Ben cut off his dreads :P

SteelAbility
04-05-2010, 11:01 AM
This article was written on April 3rd? Two days late if you ask me. :lol: