:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

fordfixer
04-03-2010, 09:58 AM
No thanks for asking

SteelBucks
04-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Jealous much, Bitches??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

If you're referring to Sunday Ticket, you'll love it. I've had it for 12 years and I don't know what I'd do without it.

isonator07
04-03-2010, 12:03 PM
I agree...its a must have especially if you play fantasy football. You will love it.

NKySteeler
04-03-2010, 12:08 PM
... 'Ya gotta splurge, and get the Superfan package for it as well (actually, I think you have to if you want it in HD, but not positive). The game mix channels are fantastic IMO.

SteelBucks
04-03-2010, 01:37 PM
... 'Ya gotta splurge, and get the Superfan package for it as well (actually, I think you have to if you want it in HD, but not positive). The game mix channels are fantastic IMO.

Yep, you need the Superfan to get ALL the games in HD. It's another way for the NFL to bleed another $99 out of you but I just can't watch games in Standard Def anymore.

SteelerNation1
04-03-2010, 01:55 PM
rpm,
I go to all the home games and last yr I got DirectTv just for the roadies. It is well worth it my man. You'll love it.

rpmpit
04-03-2010, 02:04 PM
NKy, I think I got the Superfan but I'll double check. Thanks!

SN1, WE KNOW you go to all the home games. Thanks for rubbing it in!! :lol: :lol:

fordfixer, come on, you knew I'm just messin'.

fordfixer
04-03-2010, 02:30 PM
NKy, I think I got the Superfan but I'll double check. Thanks!

SN1, WE KNOW you go to all the home games. Thanks for rubbing it in!! :lol: :lol:

fordfixer, come on, you knew I'm just messin'.

I know I have Direct tv for about 9 years now just can't afford the NFL package. I do really like Direct tv. :tt1

BTW nice to see you postlng again :Clap

SteelerNation1
04-03-2010, 08:11 PM

Just haven't mentioned it for a while. :mrgreen:

Shawn
04-03-2010, 08:36 PM

Umm...you mention it in every post. In your sig. :mrgreen: :lol:

Iron Shiek
04-03-2010, 08:53 PM
That sh!t is getting ridiculously expensive though. I love having Directv and really really love the Sunday Ticket...but dam, it goes up alot every year...and you have to get HD, so gotta shell out for the Superfan. It would be like getting a SUV and not having 4 wheel drive on it. Its a must...but dammit all, its gotten pricey.

THis is the first year I'm considering not renewing it.

frankthetank1
04-03-2010, 09:17 PM
there is nothing better than sunday ticket. i use to throw down a ton of money every sunday at a sports bar on booze and food just to watch the steelers every sunday. directv is a lot cheaper. i have an hd receiver but i dont have hd because i really dont notice any difference. i use to get the fox sports package when sports beat was on but since the show ended it isnt worth the extra charge. sports beat was the best show ever. i cant understand why it ended.

NKySteeler
04-03-2010, 10:31 PM
i use to get the fox sports package when sports beat was on but since the show ended it isnt worth the extra charge.

... Same here. I keep the "sports package" only during college football season so as to get a few more games that I may not get elsewhere (I'm a college football addict). Beyond that, I cancel-out for the balance of the year....

SteelerNation1
04-04-2010, 12:02 AM

Well, I could "tweet it, but I wasn't sure who followed SN1 on twitter, so I figured I'd just post it to be safe! :Hater :lol: :lol: :lol:

fordfixer
04-04-2010, 12:23 AM

Well, I could "tweet it, but I wasn't sure who followed SN1 on twitter, so I figured I'd just post it to be safe! :Hater :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm whats a "tweet"? :oops:

AngryAsian
04-04-2010, 02:58 AM

It's what the young do. I, being part of the oldies contingent, can't grasp the concept of being so absorbed that I actually think a lot of people would care what I'm up to during every waking minute..... let me try....

"Okay, I'm squeezing off a really healthy one right now.... plop, plop... Yup!!! Hey!!! Got some corn in this one."
:shock: :shock:

Shawn
04-04-2010, 10:24 AM
AA that was slightly distrubing. :lol:

costanza2k1
04-04-2010, 02:49 PM
That sh!t is getting ridiculously expensive though. I love having Directv and really really love the Sunday Ticket...but dam, it goes up alot every year...and you have to get HD, so gotta shell out for the Superfan. It would be like getting a SUV and not having 4 wheel drive on it. Its a must...but dammit all, its gotten pricey.

Last year a friend of mine turned me on to a retention trick. Right before the season started I called DTV and told them I can longer afford the package and I need to cancel it. Without a blink they gave me the whole thing for 1/2 price. I'm doing that again this year. You should try that this year too, you have to be signed up for automatic renewal for it to work though.

Iron Shiek
04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
yup cos. ive heard that asking to speak with cancellation department will get you some kind of break almost everytime as long as you dont abuse it.

rpmpit
04-05-2010, 08:28 AM

Last year a friend of mine turned me on to a retention trick. Right before the season started I called DTV and told them I can longer afford the package and I need to cancel it. Without a blink they gave me the whole thing for 1/2 price. I'm doing that again this year. You should try that this year too, you have to be signed up for automatic renewal for it to work though.

Wow, that is awesome. I don't think I'll try it this season, cause its my first. But good to know for next year. Thanks, Bro!!!

rpmpit
04-05-2010, 08:31 AM
It's what the young do. I, being part of the oldies contingent, can't grasp the concept of being so absorbed that I actually think a lot of people would care what I'm up to during every waking minute..... let me try....

"Okay, I'm squeezing off a really healthy one right now.... plop, plop... Yup!!! Hey!!! Got some corn in this one."

The real healthy ones are the single plop variety. Less out per movement, but more often throughout the day. You should know that!!

RuthlessBurgher
04-05-2010, 10:43 AM

I thought you pooped egg rolls. I've never had an egg roll with corn in it! :shock: :lol:

SteelAbility
04-05-2010, 11:05 AM
Uhh, how do say this politely? Ok ... well ... if you're going call us all b*tches, you have to buy us all shots beforehand. ;) Haven't you heard? It's the new unwritten rule of the Steeler lifestyle. :moon

ikestops85
04-05-2010, 11:53 AM

That is correct. I've been doing it for the last 4 or 5 years and I get it for half price and they have been throwing in SuperFan for free. I can't even imagine what it would be like not to be able to watch the Steelers every week.

This package is awesome!! :tt1 :tt1

RuthlessBurgher
04-05-2010, 11:54 AM
Uhh, how do say this politely? Ok ... well ... if you're going call us all b*tches, you have to buy us all shots beforehand. ;) Haven't you heard? It's the new unwritten rule of the Steeler lifestyle. :moon

Then we'd all throw the shot glasses back at rpmpit's face. That's unwritten rule #2 of the Steeler lifestyle. :Cheers :Beer

rpmpit
04-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Then we'd all throw the shot glasses back at rpmpit's face. That's unwritten rule #2 of the Steeler lifestyle. :Cheers :Beer

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NC Steeler Fan
04-05-2010, 01:00 PM
I have had Sunday Ticket for at least five years now.

I cannot imagine life without it.

I'll have to try that "cancellation" bit too this year. It's still a lot cheaper than going to a bar...

SteelAbility
04-05-2010, 03:27 PM

I'm on board with that. :Cheers

fordfixer
04-05-2010, 06:58 PM

Sorry I asked :shock: But thanks AA

RussBII
04-06-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm buying a house (if all goes well) so I can _FINALLY_ get a damned satellite dish myself.

How much does all this cost? I checked out the DirectTV website. NFL Sunday ticket is like 315? Plus 99 bucks to watch the games in HD? (I can't NOT do HD, i mean, c'mon).

That's silly expensive in my mind. I could sorta justify it by saying i won't go to the bar, but I'll still buy beer and food for home...

I wonder if i can whine about the cost the first time, then use the retention trick after that? I WILL have NFL Sunday Ticket with HD this year, if i have to sell my car, so be it.

RuthlessBurgher
04-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Sunday Ticket plus Superfan costs $414 now? D@mn!

For comparison's sake, I think my season ticket for the first year at Heinz Field cost $410 (it's up to $690 now, though).

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
04-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm buying a house (if all goes well) so I can _FINALLY_ get a damned satellite dish myself.

How much does all this cost? I checked out the DirectTV website. NFL Sunday ticket is like 315? Plus 99 bucks to watch the games in HD? (I can't NOT do HD, i mean, c'mon).

That's silly expensive in my mind. I could sorta justify it by saying i won't go to the bar, but I'll still buy beer and food for home...

I wonder if i can whine about the cost the first time, then use the retention trick after that? I WILL have NFL Sunday Ticket with HD this year, if i have to sell my car, so be it.

10 year ticket / directv customer and I can't even remember what tv was like before. You don't have to pay for the ticket all at once, it's spread out over 4-5 months. The bonus you get with the switch is the best tv service there is hands down. The guide alone is worth the switch. The HD is awesome with real 1080p movies on demand, the best sports packages you can find, nfl network without the extrea fees, when you call directv you can actually speak with a person. Simply the best IMO

RussBII
04-06-2010, 12:18 PM

10 year ticket / directv customer and I can't even remember what tv was like before. You don't have to pay for the ticket all at once, it's spread out over 4-5 months. The bonus you get with the switch is the best tv service there is hands down. The guide alone is worth the switch. The HD is awesome with real 1080p movies on demand, the best sports packages you can find, nfl network without the extrea fees, when you call directv you can actually speak with a person. Simply the best IMO

That ringing testimonial makes me feel a bit better. I'm just worried about hemorrhaging money. Is there a set up fee? What about the hardware?

ikestops85
04-06-2010, 12:27 PM

After you get the equipment installed talk to a customer service representative and ask them about the Sunday ticket. They will quote you the price which is when you moan and say something like "Wow, that would be nice to have but I can't afford that right now. Is there something you or your supervisor can do for me? They are authorized to give you so much in discounts. Things like 6 months of HBO for free. Don't take the movie channels or the local sports packages but tell them you would rather get a deal on the Sunday Ticket and throw in SuperFan for free. It's worked for me and my son everytime.

Jigawatts
04-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I noticed recently that Direct Tv has really been hammering our airwaves advertising the fact
that they offer FSN Pittsburgh while Time Warner doesn't. I didn't think anything of this,
because I have the sports pack and wouldn't have realized if they added it to our local
coverage, but I've been asking around and the few people that I've talked to now have
FSN Pittsburgh in addition to FSN Ohio with no additional charge.

I'm not canceling the sports pack (specially with the Stanley Cup playoffs looming) until
I know for sure FSN Pittsburgh is part of my coverage, but I'm glad that Direct Tv finally
wised up and realized how many Pittsburgh sports fans are in the Youngstown area and
they could use FSN Pittsburgh to steal customers.

Also glad I'll be saving 13 bones a month once I know for sure this is not just a promotion. :Beer

RussBII
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
So I've been thinking about this more and more. How often does the weather really effect your signal? That's what all the cable fanboys say...

Jigawatts
04-07-2010, 12:19 PM
So I've been thinking about this more and more. How often does the weather really effect your signal? That's what all the cable fanboys say...

It probably depends on how well it's installed, but weather is almost a non-factor. Never
went out at all last winter with all that snow we had, and when it rains, it pretty much has
to be a monsoon to take out the signal. I really can't recall the last time the signal went
out, but it's rare, and when it does go out, it's usually just for a few minutes until the storm
passes.

RussBII
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM

It probably depends on how well it's installed, but weather is almost a non-factor. Never
went out at all last winter with all that snow we had, and when it rains, it pretty much has
to be a monsoon to take out the signal. I really can't recall the last time the signal went
out, but it's rare, and when it does go out, it's usually just for a few minutes until the storm
passes.

That's what I kind of assumed. We get few monsoons (the occasional hurricane tho) here in NC.. Thanks much for the info.

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2010, 01:44 PM

When we moved into our new house two summers ago, the house already had a DirecTV dish, so instead of keeping the cable we had in our old house, we decided to switch to the satellite. For us, it sucked out loud. Any type of weather (wind, rain, snow) would screw with the signal. I would try to record games on the DVR, and often times I would get part of the first quarter, then it would go black, then come back in the 3rd quarter for a few minutes, then the game would be over. I got fed up with that real quick. We must have had a half dozen different DirecTV technicians come to mess with the dish and the connections and everything in the few months that we had it, but they could not fix it. We got out of our contract, and have been back to cable since then. If it worked, I would actually prefer it to my cable (the choices and price was better than what I have now), but it just wouldn't work for us no matter what they did, so that just plain sucked. So many other people sing its praises, though.

RussBII
04-07-2010, 02:06 PM

When we moved into our new house two summers ago, the house already had a DirecTV dish, so instead of keeping the cable we had in our old house, we decided to switch to the satellite. For us, it sucked out loud. Any type of weather (wind, rain, snow) would screw with the signal. I would try to record games on the DVR, and often times I would get part of the first quarter, then it would go black, then come back in the 3rd quarter for a few minutes, then the game would be over. I got fed up with that real quick. We must have had a half dozen different DirecTV technicians come to mess with the dish and the connections and everything in the few months that we had it, but they could not fix it. We got out of our contract, and have been back to cable since then. If it worked, I would actually prefer it to my cable (the choices and price was better than what I have now), but it just wouldn't work for us no matter what they did, so that just plain sucked. So many other people sing its praises, though.

What part of the country are you in? What type of weather do you see?

fordfixer
04-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I lost my signal last night during a snow storm first time all year

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2010, 02:34 PM

Northeast PA. Our signal went out with only minor wind, rain, or snow. There had to have been something majorly wrong with our dish or hook-up, because no one I have talked to have had problems on the scale that we did.

fordfixer
04-07-2010, 06:50 PM

Northeast PA. Our signal went out with only minor wind, rain, or snow. There had to have been something majorly wrong with our dish or hook-up, because no one I have talked to have had problems on the scale that we did.

how was your dish mounted? To the house or on a pole?

RuthlessBurgher
04-07-2010, 09:12 PM

how was your dish mounted? To the house or on a pole?

http://index.hu/cikkepek/0608/kult/.gdata/a1_house2.jpg

fordfixer
04-08-2010, 01:43 AM
O.k. I take it was mounted to the house :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
04-08-2010, 09:22 AM

Yup. If it were mounted to a pole, the picture I could have chosen would have likely have been inappropriate for the board. Not so much the pole itself, but who would have been shown dancing around it. :wink:

:Boobs

fordfixer
04-08-2010, 07:42 PM

Yup. If it were mounted to a pole, the picture I could have chosen would have likely have been inappropriate for the board. Not so much the pole itself, but who would have been shown dancing around it. :wink:

:Boobs
Ummmm I'm just not sure how to respond to that :lol: :lol: