PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap - Ben Roethlisberger traded for McNabb!

Chucktownsteeler
03-31-2010, 09:42 PM
FROM ALLSPORTS.COM:
MCNABB/ROETHLISBERGER: TRADE OF THE CENTURY?
Amanda Hughinkisz, Philadelphia
31 March 2010— In what’s being dubbed as the “trade of the century” (never mind that the century is a mere 10 years old), Pennsylvania’s NFL teams swapped their superstar, yet controversial quarterbacks in a blockbuster deal that will keep the blogosphere buzzing for months.
In a hastily convened press conference, Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie, on a podium immersed with Eagle green, announced the imminent arrival of Big Ben Roethlisberger. The Eagles dealt McNabb and a 2nd round pick to their westerly neighbor in exchange for the two-time Super Bowl winning QB. Analysts were quick to debate which Pennsylvania powerhouse got the better end of the bargain.
“Clearly this is a grand slam for the Eagles organization” opined Roger McLake, of the Allentown Gazette. The Eagles family will always be grateful for Donovan’s character, effort, and gritty determination, but face it. There is just not going to be a ring in our future with #5 at the helm.”
Others expressed a polar opposite view. Timothy Cali, of the Washington PA Weekly Tribune, commented, “I don’t think people realize what a win this is for the Steelers and the Rooney family. This is a quarterback who has suffered at least four concussions, has a slate of ugly legal issues hanging over his head, and is slated to earn $15M this year. When you throw in a 2d round draft pick, it must have seemed like a no-brainer to the organization.”
If nothing else, the trade stands as a testament to the Rooney family’s fanatical sense of character and sportsmanship. Although Ben’s legal quagmires are yet to be resolved, the organization made a clear statement that they would not tolerate the slightest hint of impropriety.
Reactions were mixed throughout Steeler nation. “Chuck”, a local firefighter from Charleston SC, said “good riddance to bad rubbish.” “Lake”, a local financial planner, said “as long as it doesn’t affect Bruce, I’m OK with it.” “Hoosier”, a local reprobate and man-about-town, could not be interviewed because his caustic sarcasm made the interviewer cry.
Roethlisberger himself seemed stunned and perplexed at the news. “I knew when Mr Rooney summoned me for that meeting, and I threw up on him, there could be consequences. But hell, G threw up on his boss and things turned out OK.”
In other news the Steelers denied rumors they would be trading offensive coordinator Bruce Arians for a remastered CD of “Led Zeppelin IV” and a 6-pack of Iron City.

Shawn
03-31-2010, 09:45 PM
Not even close to funny.

ramblinjim
03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Well there are times I would trade Arians for a remastered CD of Led Zeppelin IV

Shawn
03-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Well there are times I would trade Arians for a remastered CD of Led Zeppelin IV

Shoot there are times I would trade Arians for a pack of Bubble Yum and a Hot Pocket.

Discipline of Steel
03-31-2010, 10:07 PM
The last time i ate a Hot Pocket, I later came to the conclusion that Hot Pockets are not good for me.

Wolfhound45
03-31-2010, 10:09 PM

Shoot there are times I would trade Arians for a pack of Bubble Yum and a Hot Pocket.

Meh. Not sure I would go along with that trade. What flavor of Bubble Yum? If grape, then maybe. Also, I would have to demand a ham and cheese Hot Pocket.

stlrz d
03-31-2010, 10:23 PM
[youtube:2tpoom46]-xlN_ltZ3Ug[/youtube:2tpoom46]

kaydee
03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
Geesh, don't be scaring me like that. I about had a heart attack! I actually believed it until I got to the part about Ben throwing up on Rooney. :lol:

WoodleyofTroy
03-31-2010, 11:45 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj273/brl131psu/midgetdancing2.gif

Shawn
03-31-2010, 11:50 PM

Meh. Not sure I would go along with that trade. What flavor of Bubble Yum? If grape, then maybe. Also, I would have to demand a ham and cheese Hot Pocket.

Yeah the ham and cheese are da bomb. I like the meatball as well. And no they can't be good for you. :D

SanAntonioSteelerFan
04-01-2010, 01:26 AM
http://www.graceinthekitchen.com/images/Cholula_Original%20_Hotsauce_4pack.jpg

All Hot Pockets and Lean Pockets (especially) are better when swimming in Cholula sauce!

Ghetto might be the only one here who knows this stuff, but if you see some, try it on everything! It's like Tabasco, but a bit tastier/less chemical-reaction-taste, if you know what I mean.

Geez, sory, that's big up there ^^, sorry I wish I could resize it.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2010, 02:09 AM

All Hot Pockets and Lean Pockets (especially) are better when swimming in Cholula sauce!

Ghetto might be the only one here who knows this stuff, but if you see some, try it on everything! It's like Tabasco, but a bit tastier/less chemical-reaction-taste, if you know what I mean.

i love the stuff, and i do put it on virtually everything. my wife gets ticked off at me because i won't even try her food first, i just start putting the Cholula sauce on it.

:Cheers

Shawn
04-01-2010, 02:36 AM
Cholula is good but I buy El Yucateco in bulk. :D

stlrz d
04-01-2010, 07:56 AM

Yeah the ham and cheese are da bomb. I like the meatball as well. And no they can't be good for you. :D

*sings* flush pocket!

:lol:

SteelAbility
04-01-2010, 08:06 AM
You seem like a good candidate to be a writer for the Onion. (http://www.theonion.com/) :P

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2010, 09:05 AM
You couldn't have waited two-and-a-half more hours to post? They don't count as April Fool's Day posts when they are posted on the evening of March 31st.

BradshawsHairdresser
04-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Geesh, don't be scaring me like that. I about had a heart attack! I actually believed it until I got to the part about Ben throwing up on Rooney. :lol:

You haven't seen that photo of Rooney partying it up with Ben? You know, the one where they each have a college co-ed hanging off one arm? The one where Rooney is wearing a t-shirt with a picture of the devil and the words, "Drink Like a Six-Time Champion"?

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2010, 09:33 AM

You haven't seen that photo of Rooney partying it up with Ben? You know, the one where they each have a college co-ed hanging off one arm? The one where Rooney is wearing a t-shirt with a picture of the devil and the words, "Drink Like a Six-Time Champion"?

If Ben were the QB in the 1930's, and he won a couple of championships back then, I bet that the Chief would have been out drinking with the boys...

http://www.steelergridiron.com/history/images/art_rooney_jpg.jpg

SteelAbility
04-01-2010, 11:29 AM

Wasn't that when Rooney bought drinks for everyone and said, "All you bitches take my shots?" Ben learned from the Greatest!!! ;) :P

Dee Dub
04-01-2010, 11:36 AM

I like the hot pocket idea. Like the old Piston Vinnie Johnson he would heat up fast...like a microwave.

Jigawatts
04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
I didn't have time to skim through all the posts. Are you serious? Ben traded for McNabb? Well,
at least I know that we'll at least make it to the AFC championship and lose.

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2010, 01:44 PM
I didn't have time to skim through all the posts. Are you serious? Ben traded for McNabb? Well,

We could fire the overpaid janitor and bring back the chin! No one else knows more about losing AFC Championships! :P

Jigawatts
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM

We could fire the overpaid janitor and bring back the chin! No one else knows more about losing AFC Championships! :P

You mean this guy?

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/2/5/27/daveflorentin/f_0527cowhersm_55556cc.jpg

I don't think so.

http://www.changetowin.org/connect/images/i-support-my-janitor.jpg

ghettoscott
04-01-2010, 02:29 PM

Ghetto might be the only one here who knows this stuff, but if you see some, try it on everything!

:Agree :Beer

birtikidis
04-01-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't think a hot pocket would work in our offense. honestly I wouldn't want to see players and or coaches running off the field (as Joe Pa did) just so they can take a crap...
maybe a gift card to Chipotle or Qdoba?
I do like the idea of bubble gum though. I don't know where Tomlin gets his gum, but it could help lessen our finances if we get the gum from another team.

SteelAbility
04-01-2010, 03:33 PM

I believe Ben has done that ... metaphorically. :wink:

ANPSTEEL
04-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Cholula is the best!

Rather than eat a hot pocket- I just throw them in the toilet - saving myself the discomfort and time.
~whoever created hot pockets should be hung~

as should the idiot campaign manager working for McCain that decided unleashing Palin on the unsuspecting US was a good idea.

(how did you like that transition- food -> sh*tty food -> sh*t)