PDA

View Full Version : Holmes incident way overblown...Holmes Vs. Ben

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-31-2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10090/1046809-455.stm

The lady is obviously trash and is trying to cash in...see prior records above.
Seems like Holmes is getting it bad from fans willing to trade a SB MVP for a 3rd round pick to the crazy media whom is now overblowing it because of the Ben situation.
NO CRIMINAL CHARGES and its not sure if he did anything at all but tell her to get out. She seemed determined to piss him off like she planned it ahead.
I am way more pissed at Ben...he should not of ever put himself in that same situation.
Also Holmes' priors are smoking weed which I hate to say but probably 30-40 % of the NFL does on a regular basis.
Trade Ben? hope not, love his play....But I wouldn't blame the Steelers for letting him go for a good offer.

Shawn
03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
:shock:

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 02:10 PM

Seems like Holmes is getting it bad from fans willing to trade a SB MVP for a 3rd round pick to the crazy media whom is now overblowing it because of the Ben situation.
NO CRIMINAL CHARGES and its not sure if he did anything at all but tell her to get out. She seemed determined to piss him off like she planned it ahead.
I am way more pissed at Ben...he should not of ever put himself in that same situation.
Also Holmes' priors are smoking weed which I hate to say but probably 30-40 % of the NFL does on a regular basis.
Trade Ben? hope not, love his play....But I wouldn't blame the Steelers for letting him go for a good offer.

Ben has never been charged with a crime or convicted of one...Santonio has.

See the difference?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Acussed of rape and sexual assault in a 9 month span (still may be charged) vs what exactly has Holmes been charged with again? See the difference?

Shawn
03-31-2010, 02:18 PM
Yeah Holmes smokes the ganja...he should get life.

SteelAbility
03-31-2010, 02:21 PM
I'd trade Ben for a good offer. The debate now is over what's truly a "good offer."

The Eagles want a top-42 pick for McNabb (and the other team to pick up his last year at 11.2M and his 6.2M bonus). There's a baseline for comparison. I'd say, at this point, Ben is not only better but has more years ahead of him than McNabb so he should be of significantly more value. At a minimum ...

1st (from a team that's likely to finish with a top 10 pick)
3rd (again, from a top-10 pick team)
Key Defensive Player

But I just don't see it happening.

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-31-2010, 02:26 PM
I'd trade Ben for a good offer. The debate now is over what's truly a "good offer."

The Eagles want a top-42 pick for McNabb (and the other team to pick up his last year at 11.2M and his 6.2M bonus). There's a baseline for comparison. I'd say, at this point, Ben is not only better but has more years ahead of him than McNabb so he should be of significantly more value. At a minimum ...

1st (from a team that's likely to finish with a top 10 pick)
3rd (again, from a top-10 pick team)
Key Defensive Player

But I just don't see it happening.

I agree normally something like this would never happen but the Steelers are the one team that could. Its funny we are going thru this cause our ownership stresses moral character more than any other NFL team.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
Acussed of rape and sexual assault in a 9 month span (still may be charged) vs what exactly has Holmes been charged with again? See the difference?

Holmes has been charged with drug procession as well as domestic violence (latter dropped). And he has a civil suit for possibly more violence on a woman. 3 incidents.

hawaiiansteel
03-31-2010, 02:53 PM
why would anyone ever consider getting rid of Santonio, he is a loyal Steeler who always loves to display his Steelers pride -

http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2008/04/steelerdong.jpg

williar
03-31-2010, 03:13 PM
Yeah! And didn't Ben look like a great team leader in his "Drink Like a Champion" attire. That picture of the devil over his "potbelly" looked real athletic on him too, right before the "alleged" assault, huh.......

JAR
03-31-2010, 03:15 PM

Holmes was also accused of assault before. Funny how Holmes second accuser is automatically trash, but Ben's isn't? How do we know this?

hawaiiansteel
03-31-2010, 03:31 PM

Holmes was also accused of assault before. Funny how Holmes second accuser is automatically trash, but Ben's isn't? How do we know this?

Ben's 2nd accuser may very well be trash too, it's just that we don't know anything about her since her name has yet to be released.

however, we do know Santonio's 2nd accuser's name and she does have a criminal record. also, this didn't help Anshonae Mills' image very much -

http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/9/1/91a69fa419400a74f57d482b64936b9f_ashonaemillsperso nalprofile.jpg

williar
03-31-2010, 03:39 PM
For the sake of my beloved steelers and the credibility of this franchise, I truly hope that Ben is innocent and exhonerated....

But as far as so many of you racist, unabashed hypocrits, hoping so bad that Santonio is guilty of anything so you can run him out of town, homers. I'd be willing to pay large amounts of money for a ticket just to see your faces if and when Ben is charged.........

RuthlessBurgher
03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
Yeah! And didn't Ben look like a great team leader in his "Drink Like a Champion" attire. That picture of the devil over his "potbelly" looked real athletic on him too, right before the "alleged" assault, huh.......

Ben has lousy taste in t-shirts. So what? Mike Wallace and Jeff Reed have lousy taste in haircuts. But nothing of that has anything at all to do with what kind of a team leader any of those guys might be.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 04:47 PM
For the sake of my beloved steelers and the credibility of this franchise, I truly hope that Ben is innocent and exhonerated....

But as far as so many of you racist, unabashed hypocrits, hoping so bad that Santonio is guilty of anything so you can run him out of town, homers. I'd be willing to pay large amounts of money for a ticket just to see your faces if and when Ben is charged.........

Say what?? Where does stuff like this come from? So if one is tired of Santonio's off field issues this makes him a racist? I wonder how I can be considered one when I too am black??? Ya gotta love it. :roll:

SteelAbility
03-31-2010, 04:51 PM

Say what?? Where does stuff like this come from? So if one is tired of Santonio's off field issues this makes him a racist? I wonder how I can be considered one when I too am black??? Ya gotta love it. :roll:

Yep gotta love those reckless accusations. Here's the genius logic behind it ...

All men named Steve are angry. The man standing in the middle of the town square is angry. He MUST be named Steve, right? :roll:

Steel Life
03-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Ben issues are more serious, mostly because he is waiting to see if he'll be charged in the 2nd case - if the 2nd had never happened, I'm sure the 1st issue would've simply gone away. However - it's possible that he might "win" both situations & that with some soul-searching & PR work, his reputation can be salvaged - especially if both are PROVEN to be fraudulent.

While much more minor, Santonio made his problems worse by getting on Twitter & taunting some Twits along with encouraging one of them to kill himself. That takes it from something that just "happened" to that of a spoiled athlete who's feels he can get away with bad behavior. And combined with the past infractions, the nature of those infractions & the fact his contract is coming up, this is a recipe for Santonio not being retained. If Ben's contract was coming up as well, then I think there might be more of a possibility of him being let go. But the fact is you don't find a franchise QB every year, however you can find a good WR much more easily.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 06:38 PM
While much more minor, Santonio made his problems worse by getting on Twitter & taunting some Twits along with encouraging one of them to kill himself. That takes it from something that just "happened" to that of a spoiled athlete who's feels he can get away with bad behavior. And combined with the past infractions, the nature of those infractions & the fact his contract is coming up, this is a recipe for Santonio not being retained. If Ben's contract was coming up as well, then I think there might be more of a possibility of him being let go. But the fact is you don't find a franchise QB every year, however you can find a good WR much more easily.

Cha-ching!

Now back to that trade with the Raiders for the 69th pick.. :wink:

hawaiiansteel
03-31-2010, 08:03 PM
[quote="Steel Life":gvhl0y6y]

Cha-ching!

Now back to that trade with the Raiders for the 69th pick.. :wink:[/quote:gvhl0y6y]

i would rather rent Santonio for another year and get a 3rd round compensatory pick in 2012 for him than give him away for a 3rd rounder now...

tell Al Davis that Santonio is really, really fast and that he'll have to up the ante to at least their #39 pick for us to seriously consider this trade.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-31-2010, 10:07 PM

Ben is guilty.......of poor judgement. The rest we will wait and see. As for Santonio, he was charged with posession and was punished for it. As for the rest we shall wait and see as well.

Why is everyone so quick to jump on either of these guys? If Ben is found guilty of either of these charges then I would have no problem seeing him face whatever consequences he has coming. Same with Holmes.

As Steelers fans can't we just hope for the best outcome and worry about the worst only if it happens?

stlrz d
03-31-2010, 10:18 PM

Ben is guilty.......of poor judgement. The rest we will wait and see. As for Santonio, he was charged with posession and was punished for it. As for the rest we shall wait and see as well.

Why is everyone so quick to jump on either of these guys? If Ben is found guilty of either of these charges then I would have no problem seeing him face whatever consequences he has coming. Same with Holmes.

As Steelers fans can't we just hope for the best outcome and worry about the worst only if it happens?

Yeah...live that dream, pal.

:D

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
04-01-2010, 09:04 AM
[quote=SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL]Acussed of rape and sexual assault in a 9 month span (still may be charged) vs what exactly has Holmes been charged with again? See the difference?

Yeah...live that dream, pal.

:D[/quote:17t64ykg]

Come on D...I can dream can't I?

Why is it that as I read most of these threads I can hear the voices in my head screaming "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"? :lol:

frankthetank1
04-01-2010, 10:44 AM

$$$$. i have no idea why so much talk of trading holmes or ben. is pretty stupid and i guess all it takes is to be accused of something. guilty or innocent means nothing any more.

wow holmes was charged for possesion of A blunt. that is the equivelent of jay walking. both misdemenors. he has shown poor judgement no doubt about that but holmes is no criminal. the fact is holmes is pretty easy to replace. there are a ton of wr's that are on the same level as holmes. there are a few qb's on the same level as ben.

RuthlessBurgher
04-01-2010, 12:28 PM
In my sig mock, I have us trading away our 2nd round pick. Since we brought in Navorro Bowman for a visit, and his draft grade is around that area, I am worried about us drafting him there, him screwing up off the field again, and us having to trade him away like Santonio, Ben, and Jeff Reed. So by giving up our 2nd round pick in a trade-up, I am trading him away proactively before we even draft him. Pretty smart, eh? :lol:

Steel Life
04-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Guys - I'm not saying what I said earlier because Santonio got tripped up in a minor legal infraction again, I'm saying it because I'm not sure if he's really "the guy" to take over for Hines. In a thread I started on 2/24 (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10638&hilit=wallace (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10638&hilit=wallace)), I wondered at the time if Santonio really had ascended to true #1 status & if he would even agree to a new contract & if his (& his agent's) would over-value his worth to the team. There's a part of me that sincerely doubts if he's a Steeler through & through like Hines is & thinks he'd like to be somewhere else.

hawaiiansteel
04-01-2010, 06:56 PM
In my sig mock, I have us trading away our 2nd round pick. Since we brought in Navorro Bowman for a visit, and his draft grade is around that area, I am worried about us drafting him there, him screwing up off the field again, and us having to trade him away like Santonio, Ben, and Jeff Reed. So by giving up our 2nd round pick in a trade-up, I am trading him away proactively before we even draft him. Pretty smart, eh? :lol:

Brilliant! :Cheers

i hope some 4-3 team drafts Bowman in Round 2 before we get tempted or that we trade up in Round 2 for someone else.

Navorro Bowman OLB Scouting Report

Projected Draft Position

Height & Weight: 6'1 - 232 lbs.
Ranked #48 on our Top 100 Prospects Board

NFL Combine Results
40-Yard Dash 4.72
Bench press 26
Three-cone drill 6.91
60-yard shuttle 11.52

Navorro Bowman is the best 4-3 outside linebacker prospect in the 2010 draft.

Bowman has great speed for a 232 pound linebacker and is equally effective rushing the passer or dropping into coverage. Bowman has obvious first round talent, but his mile long list of off-the-field incidences might scare some teams away. Through just 33 games, Bowman has tallied 215 tackles, 36 tackles for loss, 8 sacks, broken up 12 passes, intercepted 3 passes, forced 3 fumbles, and even blocked a kick on special teams. He also recovered a fumble earlier this season, which he ran back 91 yards for a touchdown. Bowman is excellent against the run, and rarely misses a tackle if he gets his hands on the ball carrier. He has solid coverage skills, and the speed to turn and run with NFL tight ends and running backs. He will need to work on not biting on play action, because his speed won't save him at the next level.

Bowman has decided to fore go his senior season and declare for the 2010 draft. If a team can look past his run-ins with the law, Bowman could go in the late first round and no later than the early second round.

Navorro Bowman did not have the combine performance he had hoped for. He ran a disappointing 4.72 second 40 yard dash. He looked good during position drills, but his speed and athleticism are a big part of his value. He did improve with a 4.61 at his pro day, which should help him. Bowman is likely to go somewhere in the second round, but may slide to the lower half.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/prof ... ct_id=2096 (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2096)