PDA

View Full Version : Santonio to the Raiders for the 69th pick?

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 01:11 PM
If I were the Raiders I’d try it. Get McNabb for their second round pick, Santonio for their 3rd round pick, and then draft C. J . Spillar with their number 1.

fahgettaboudit????

Why not.

Shawn
03-31-2010, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't trade Holmes for a second round pick let alone a third.

WoodleyofTroy
03-31-2010, 01:47 PM
We used the 25th pick overall on him, and his value has gone up since.

:wft

Lebsteel
03-31-2010, 01:49 PM
I would definitely take a 2nd round pick and would probably take the 69th pick (early third round). If we don't plan on signing him next year (who knows?) then we should at least get something and if we can get a 2nd rounder then go for it!

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 01:51 PM
I would definitely take a 2nd round pick and would probably take the 69th pick (early third round). If we don't plan on signing him next year (who knows?) then we should at least get something and if we can get a 2nd rounder then go for it!

Ahhhhhhhhhh...somebody who sees the big picture. :D

SteelBucks
03-31-2010, 01:53 PM

:Agree

SteelBucks
03-31-2010, 01:58 PM

:Agree

Trading Holmes immediately makes WR a position of need. Ward has a couple of years left and, sorry all, I'm not excited about the signings of Randle El and Battle.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 02:07 PM
I see a couple of things here. In the Steelers offense we have seen the ceiling on Holmes. I see Mike Wallace as having more upside. I think personally he will be better than Holmes. And I do not see the most recent off-field incident with Holmes as his last.

That's just me.

SteelAbility
03-31-2010, 02:12 PM

Only if signing him has been written off though and I don't see that just yet. He's invaluable to the offense right now and has been money in the playoffs. I just can't see the off-field problems overcoming that at this point.

Shawn
03-31-2010, 02:15 PM
I see a couple of things here. In the Steelers offense we have seen the ceiling on Holmes. I see Mike Wallace as having more upside. I think personally he will be better than Holmes. And I do not see the most recent off-field incident with Holmes as his last.

That's just me.

First Ward is about done. Wallace and Holmes will be our #1 and #2. As for Holmes...well the Steelers will re-sign him and include behavior clauses. This most recent incident is a bunch of nonsense...overreaction. Holmes's nonsense is more annoying than anything of substance.

Shawn
03-31-2010, 02:16 PM

Only if signing him has been written off though and I don't see that just yet. He's invaluable to the offense right now and has been money in the playoffs. I just can't see the off-field problems overcoming that at this point.

Ahhhhhhhhh...somebody who sees the big picture. :D

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 02:19 PM

..as he pulls down his Ohio State Buckeyes glasses... :wink:

I'd trade him and then take a flyer on a guy like Arrelious Benn in round two. But that's just me.

Shawn
03-31-2010, 02:20 PM
[quote=Lebsteel]I would definitely take a 2nd round pick and would probably take the 69th pick (early third round). If we don't plan on signing him next year (who knows?) then we should at least get something and if we can get a 2nd rounder then go for it!

I'd trade him and then take a flyer on a guy like Arrelious Benn in round two. But that's just me.[/quote:1i9gzad6]

Yeah well I assure you...that's just you.

SteelBucks
03-31-2010, 02:21 PM
[quote=Lebsteel]I would definitely take a 2nd round pick and would probably take the 69th pick (early third round). If we don't plan on signing him next year (who knows?) then we should at least get something and if we can get a 2nd rounder then go for it!

I'd trade him and then take a flyer on a guy like Arrelious Benn in round two. But that's just me.[/quote:rsd8i4vr]

I'd take the guy that has proven to be a solid NFL receiver. We once took a flyer on a guy named Limas Sweed in the second round.....that hasn't worked out too well.

Shawn
03-31-2010, 02:28 PM
Taking the unproven Benn over the proven Holmes= not smart.

Oviedo
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM

I think "moronic" is a more appropriate term.

Dump Holmes because some drunk bimbo is trying to extort some money. Case closed with no charges. Yea, I think moronic covers it.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 02:32 PM

Uhhhhhh but I am not replacing Santonio with Benn. I’m replacing Santonio with Mike Wallace.

SteelBucks
03-31-2010, 02:35 PM

Uhhhhhh but I am not replacing Santonio with Benn. I’m replacing Santonio with Mike Wallace.

You can word it anyway you like, it still doesn't make sense.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 02:35 PM

Dump Holmes because some drunk bimbo is trying to extort some money. Case closed with no charges. Yea, I think moronic covers it.

So you really think that’s why I’d trade him? Wow…..how about the fact that the Steelers are probably not going to resign him, the fact that he has had 3 off field incidents that have embarrased the team, and his on field me first antics have started to become too noticable?? Oh and the fact that they do have a viable replacement for him curently…Mike Wallace.

Oviedo
03-31-2010, 02:37 PM

The problem is you are taking a #3 receiver from last season and jumping him up to #1. You have no idea how Wallace would do in that situation because the match ups he gets will be completely different. Last season, Wallace getting the the third coverage while Hines and Santonio got one and two.

Also just because Wallace had a decent season it is unlikely Benn comes in and does anything. Remember WR is one of the biggest "bust" positions in the transition from college to the NFL.

Your proposal doesn't make any sense. Even if Holmes leaves via free agency we are likely to get a 3rd Round Comp Pick for him anyway. So why have leave early.

Shawn
03-31-2010, 02:39 PM

I was trying to be civil but yeah moronic covers it. :D

Shawn
03-31-2010, 02:40 PM

Ahhh...now I get it. Ok now the trade sounds great.

:shock:

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 02:42 PM

The problem is you are taking a #3 receiver from last season and jumping him up to #1. You have no idea how Wallace would do in that situation because the match ups he gets will be completely different. Last season, Wallace getting the the third coverage while Hines and Santonio got one and two.

Also just because Wallace had a decent season it is unlikely Benn comes in and does anything. Remember WR is one of the biggest "bust" positions in the transition from college to the NFL.

Your proposal doesn't make any sense. Even if Holmes leaves via free agency we are likely to get a 3rd Round Comp Pick for him anyway. So why have leave early.

Number 1??? Santonio didnt have the most receptions last year. Nor did he have the most TD receptions. How is he considered the number 1??

RuthlessBurgher
03-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Ben wants to be traded for the 69th pick.

Santonio wants to be traded for a 4th round pick (the 20th pick in that round).

:wink:

hawaiiansteel
03-31-2010, 02:44 PM
how about we do this instead -

we keep Santonio Holmes for this upcoming season and win the Super Bowl... :tt2 :tt1

http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/santonio-holmes-d4e33b810ba18fb7_large.jpg

Oviedo
03-31-2010, 02:50 PM

we keep Santonio Holmes for this upcoming season and win the Super Bowl... :tt2 :tt1

http://media.cleveland.com/plain-dealer/photo/santonio-holmes-d4e33b810ba18fb7_large.jpg

Wow!! Now that is thinking outside the box. Not sure many others would have considered that approach :wink:

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM

Wow!! Now that is thinking outside the box. Not sure many others would have considered that approach :wink:

Yeah I would have loved that too..problem is...Santonio just got himself involved with his 3rd off season/off the field incident that has brought embarrassment to the team.

Maybe we just wait for number 4 or number 5???

Oviedo
03-31-2010, 02:55 PM

Why don't we trade Woodley too? We might not be able to resign him either because he might be too expensive if we let him get any better.

Same with Mendy, another couple 1000 yards seasons will jack up his price. Let's trade him too.

Let's get rid of Jeff Reed too. He is just a kicker and he has gotten bad press. Trade him for a 6th round pick and we'll just draft someone. We need to do it quick because we probably won't resign him either.

calmkiller
03-31-2010, 03:15 PM

Considering we have signed 5 FA this year I am not sure we would get a 3rd rounder for him. You have to be balanced in the losses vs gains. True we didn't bring in any big names this year, but we brought in more than we ever do. So I don't know how that would effect a comp pick.

RuthlessBurgher
03-31-2010, 03:23 PM

Considering we have signed 5 FA this year I am not sure we would get a 3rd rounder for him. You have to be balanced in the losses vs gains. True we didn't bring in any big names this year, but we brought in more than we ever do. So I don't know how that would effect a comp pick.

Holmes would be a free agent next season. The free agents we signed this offseason wouldn't impact whether or not we got a comp pick for Holmes.

WoodleyofTroy
03-31-2010, 03:43 PM
So basically you would like to trade Holmes for a Bruce Davis, Anthony Smith, Willie Reid, Kraig Urbik, or Keenan Lewis?

That's just brilliant.

Our third round track record is horrible. Yet you want to give away one of our 1st round talents.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 04:06 PM

Why don't we trade Woodley too? We might not be able to resign him either because he might be too expensive if we let him get any better.

Same with Mendy, another couple 1000 yards seasons will jack up his price. Let's trade him too.

Let's get rid of Jeff Reed too. He is just a kicker and he has gotten bad press. Trade him for a 6th round pick and we'll just draft someone. We need to do it quick because we probably won't resign him either.

You think I want to just trade players? Not so. Just ones who have made it a habit of embarrassing the Steelers by getting in trouble and breaking the law.

Oh...and yes I'd be in favor of your suggestion on Reed too. :wink:

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
So basically you would like to trade Holmes for a Bruce Davis, Anthony Smith, Willie Reid, Kraig Urbik, or Keenan Lewis?

That's just brilliant.

Our third round track record is horrible. Yet you want to give away one of our 1st round talents.

Unfortunately because Holmes has now had 3 off field issues...yes I would like to do that.

Believe when I say this....I would love to get a higher pick but I do not think any team would give much higher than the 69th overall pick. Not now at least.

Lebsteel
03-31-2010, 04:16 PM

Hey, I got an idea! Let's draft C.J. Spiller and everything will be just great! :lol:

Seriously, the ONLY reason I would trade Holmes right now, is IF we don't plan on giving him a big contract. The front office knows who they will pursue with big dollars and who they won't. IF they have tagged Holmes as someone they will give big $ to in order to keep him, then I would not trade him. For me, his off the field stuff is troubling, but not a reason for a trade, not yet anyways.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 04:33 PM

That's just brilliant.

No..I had more in mind like these Steeler 3rd rounders…

Mike Wallace
Max Starks
Joey Porter
Hines Ward
Mike Vrabel
Jason Gildon
Andre Hastings
Joel Steed
Ernie Mills

By the way the 69th overall pick is the 5th pick in the 3rd round. And if you can get me one higher than that for a 3rd time offender please by all means do.

RuthlessBurgher
03-31-2010, 04:38 PM

That's just brilliant.

Mike Wallace
Max Starks
Joey Porter
Hines Ward
Mike Vrabel
Jason Gildon
Andre Hastings
Joel Steed
Ernie Mills

By the way the 69th overall pick is the 7th pick in the 3rd round. And if you can get me one higher than that for a 3rd time offender please by all means do.

You are talking about the Raiders here, though. They'd probably be willing to part with the 8th pick. :wink:

flippy
03-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Santonio's good for a playoff TD in every game he's played. Let's try and get another SuperBowl with him no matter what we decide to do the following season.

We're hit or miss after the 1st round in the draft typically.

We've got a better shot at winning the SuperBowl this year with Tone than we do in making a great pick at 69.

WoodleyofTroy
03-31-2010, 04:41 PM

That's just brilliant.

Mike Wallace
Max Starks
Joey Porter
Hines Ward
Mike Vrabel
Jason Gildon
Andre Hastings
Joel Steed
Ernie Mills

By the way the 69th overall pick is the 7th pick in the 3rd round. And if you can get me one higher than that for a 3rd time offender please by all means do.

This draft is one of the worst I've seen depth wise. Any other year you got at least 10-15 players who are legit 1st round candidates that would go in the top of the 2nd round. I can't name five now.

You had to go all the way back to Ernie Mills and Andre Hastings to make your case.
That's not exactly reassuring.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 04:52 PM

That's just brilliant.

Mike Wallace
Max Starks
Joey Porter
Hines Ward
Mike Vrabel
Jason Gildon
Andre Hastings
Joel Steed
Ernie Mills

This draft is one of the worst I've seen depth wise. Any other year you got at least 10-15 players who are legit 1st round candidates that would go in the top of the 2nd round. I can't name five now.

You had to go all the way back to Ernie Mills and Andre Hastings to make your case.

How about Mike Wallace last year?? Again if you can get me higher than the 69th overall for Santonio by all means please do. Dont think you'll have much luck with that now.

WoodleyofTroy
03-31-2010, 05:01 PM
What about him? That's not going to happen every year. You can even go to the 2nd round and I'd still wouldn't do it. Sweed, Colclough, McFadden, Zo Jackson, Randle El.

And much luck with that now? Stop acting like he committed murder.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-31-2010, 05:09 PM
somebody needs to find a nice little church league basketball team to follow.

retarded thread.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 05:10 PM
What about him? That's not going to happen every year. You can even go to the 2nd round and I'd still wouldn't do it. Sweed, Colclough, McFadden, Zo Jackson, Randle El.

See I think this team would be fine with a receiving core of Hines, Wallace, Randle El, and Heath Miller for one year.

I do not think it would be fine if Santonio gets in trouble one more time.

WoodleyofTroy
03-31-2010, 05:13 PM

See I think this team would be fine with a receiving core of Hines, Wallace, Randle El, and Heath Miller for one year.

Okay there is nothing wrong with having that opinion.

This was about giving him up for a 3rd round pick. Which is retarded.

ikestops85
03-31-2010, 05:46 PM

That's just brilliant.

Mike Wallace
Max Starks
Joey Porter
Hines Ward
Mike Vrabel
Jason Gildon
Andre Hastings
Joel Steed
Ernie Mills

All the analysts that I've heard say just the opposite. Most of them are saying this is the deepest draft they have ever seen with very little difference between the end of round 1 through round 3. That's why I would love for us to either package some later picks or trade down in the 1st and get another rd 2 or 3 pick.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 06:09 PM

Okay there is nothing wrong with having that opinion.

This was about giving him up for a 3rd round pick. Which is retarded.

I dont see it as that. We are more than likely not going to resign him and I dont think as a compensatory pick the Steelers would get anything higher than the 69th pick. Think about that. A third round compensatory pick is in the low 90's.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-31-2010, 06:14 PM
I completely agree that if the Steelers don't plan on investing in Holmes long term, I would trade him, but only if the price was right. Seattle has 2 first round picks.....they need a WR, and they are in the NFC. If they would trade one of their firsts (6th and 14th) for Holmes I would do it in a heartbeat. Lots of old dudes to replace in the coming years.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 06:24 PM
I completely agree that if the Steelers don't plan on investing in Holmes long term, I would trade him, but only if the price was right. Seattle has 2 first round picks.....they need a WR, and they are in the NFC. If they would trade one of their firsts (6th and 14th) for Holmes I would do it in a heartbeat. Lots of old dudes to replace in the coming years.

I would love that however I doubt very seriously if we could get a second rounder let alone a first round pick. We are talking about a me first player who after his 3rd negative off field incident twits a fan and tells him to go kill himself.

Not good.

WoodleyofTroy
03-31-2010, 06:38 PM
I'm beginning to think that you were that fan.

Dee Dub
03-31-2010, 06:47 PM
I'm beginning to think that you were that fan.

Why because I want better for my Steelers? I'm tired of his act. If you condone his behavior then cool...I dont.

stlrz d
03-31-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm not reading all 4 pages of this so if this has been said already then I apologize:

How about no?

Dee Dub
04-02-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm not reading all 4 pages of this so if this has been said already then I apologize:

How about no?

There is no way the Steelers are going to resign this clown. And there is no way the Steelers will ever get anything even close to the 69th pick back as compensation.

So I say....how about yes?!

Sugar
04-02-2010, 03:42 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3mzypkgh]I'm not reading all 4 pages of this so if this has been said already then I apologize:

How about no?

There is no way the Steelers are going to resign this clown. And there is no way the Steelers will ever get anything even close to the 69th pick back as compensation.

So I say....how about yes?![/quote:3mzypkgh]

No way? Really? Are you really Art II?

The Steelers may or may not resign the guy. I doubt any of us on this board have that knowledge. Heck, the FO might not even know right now.

Sugar
04-02-2010, 03:43 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3jz5oypc]I'm not reading all 4 pages of this so if this has been said already then I apologize:

How about no?

So I say....how about yes?![/quote:3jz5oypc]