PDA

View Full Version : Holmes on TMZ

PSU_dropout43
03-29-2010, 10:25 AM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/29/another-s ... ub-attack/ (http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/29/another-steelers-star-accused-of-nightclub-attack/)

feltdizz
03-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I blame Ohio... :mrgreen:

ANPSTEEL
03-29-2010, 10:34 AM
it would appear this is the reason for the resigning of El- and not the theorized drug suspension.

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2010, 10:35 AM
This supposedly occurs on 3-7-10, and we sign Antwaan Randle El and Arnaz Battle on 3-8-10. Coincidence? Or something more???

Perhaps this is the possible suspension-worthy offense that SN1's source was talking about instead of getting caught with pot again. Hmmm...

papillon
03-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Wow, that would end his tenure as a Steeler, I'm sure. Limas may have another window of opportunity to make an impact on this team. I'm not sure how this would effect the draft. What an idiot, these guys are unbelievable. :evil:

Pappy

BradshawsHairdresser
03-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Wow, that would end his tenure as a Steeler, I'm sure.

I'm not so sure about that...I don't know whether today's Steelers have enough moral fiber to deal with their star players.

What an idiot, these guys are unbelievable. :evil:

Get used to it. We are the new Bengals.

Wonder when we'll have PacMan in for a visit?

Dee Dub
03-29-2010, 11:55 AM
I think it's time to shop Santonio. Enough is enough.

BURGH86STEEL
03-29-2010, 12:00 PM
Two key offensive players appear to be in trouble. I think those two should stay away from bars and night clubs for a while.

steelblood
03-29-2010, 12:02 PM

What the Hell are we going to get for him as he's about to be suspended, I'd bet.

Dee Dub
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM

What the Hell are we going to get for him as he's about to be suspended, I'd bet.

Oh you can bet there are still some teams out there who would be interested in him. There were teams still interested in Pac Man Jones.

Shawn
03-29-2010, 12:20 PM
I have a hard time believing Holmes is going anywhere.

Dee Dub
03-29-2010, 12:25 PM
I have a hard time believing Holmes is going anywhere.

...Yeah...and do you really think he has stopped smokin' weed??

He just came out with a new blount called Almond Smocca.

My Man Samson gets me lifted.

ANPSTEEL
03-29-2010, 12:26 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1tg6zonl]I think it's time to shop Santonio. Enough is enough.

Oh you can bet there are still some teams out there who would be interested in him. There were teams still interested in Pac Man Jones.[/quote:1tg6zonl]

I'm sure the team has it's investigators going over the facts on this case, as they are regarding Ben's situation, in efforts to come up with their own conclusions about guilt or innocence.

While I expect the team to keep Ben on the roster- (even if he is suspended) until the outcome of his case- it would not surprise me all that much if Holmes is involved in a draft-day trade.

As everyone here has already mentioned- they didn't sign a 50 catch p/yr El to a multi-million dollar contract to play the #4 receiver.

This alleged event occurred three weeks ago- the team is planing.

Does anyone have any idea what the second stage of suspension for this type of thing might be? 6 weeks? A season?

Because of the lack of certainty of Holmes availability for the upcoming season- what would his trade value be?

A 2nd or 3rd round pick??

Sugar
03-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Another accusation without a formal charge. I guess I'm not interested until there is a charge of some kind. Other than that we have nothing to talk about, IMO.

papillon
03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
Another accusation without a formal charge. I guess I'm not interested until there is a charge of some kind. Other than that we have nothing to talk about, IMO.

The team doesn't need a conviction or even charges to suspend, release or trade a player they deem detrimental to the team. Santonio could be exonerated, but the Steelers would still be well within their rights to move him in some fashion.

Pappy

D Rock
03-29-2010, 12:31 PM
suspension or not, if the trade involves a long term deal being signed then Holmes is easily worth a 2nd.

El was told he was coming in to play the 3rd WR position. Not instead of Wallace, but behind Wallace.

This is the Steelers chance to save face and show that they still don't tolerate bad behavior, and I would bet quite a pretty penny that take that opportunity.

SteelBucks
03-29-2010, 12:32 PM
It's another civil suit.....

Steelers receiver Santonio Holmes named in lawsuit
Monday, March 29, 2010
By Jonathan D. Silver, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
A woman has sued Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes for allegedly assaulting her March 7 at a nigthclub in Orlando, Fla.

Anshonoe Mills accused Mr. Holmes of throwing a glass at her, striking her below the eyebrow. The complaint said Ms. Mills was cut and temporarily blinded from the liquor in the glass.

Ms. Mills said police did not write a report and claimed the Orlando Police Department pressured her to not press charges.

Mr. Holmes allegedly told Ms. Mills he was a professional football player and "could not get into trouble," the suit said. She claims he offered to give her money, but no details are given in the four-page complaint.

Earlier today, a post that apparently refers to the suit appeared on Mr. Holmes' Twitter account. It reads: "Before anyone decides to state unknown fact, please do research 1st. In the end it makes you look like the fool!"

The suit was filed Wednesday in the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. It accused Mr. Holmes of battery, assault and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

Ms. Mills said she was in the club's VIP area with three college friends and sat on the arm of a couch when Mr. Holmes told her to "get up," according to the suit.

She refused. Mr. Holmes yelled and waved his arms, the suit said. Ms. Mills grabbed Mr. Holmes' hand "in self-defense to prevent him from hitting her or touching her," the suit said.

Mr. Holmes yanked his hand away; the two argued, prompting other patrons to step between the two.

Then, the suit claims, Mr. Holmes threw his glass at Ms. Mills.

Also named as a defendant is J.J. Whispers Group Inc., which runs the nightclub, called Rain. The company is accused of negligence for failing to protect Ms. Mills.

In that section of the suit, Mr. Holmes is described as "intoxicated, quarrelsome and arrogant..."

Club employees did nothing to intervene, the suit claims, and "refused to reprimand or remove defendant Holmes based on his celebrity status."

Orlando police Sgt. Barbara Jones today confirmed that a victim statement from Ms. Mills exists, but she did not know the status of the case or whether a police report would be generated from the incident.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said the team was looking into the allegations.

"We just found out today. We're gathering information and have no further comment at this time," he said.

Read more: http://post-gazette.com/pg/10088/104652 ... z0jaGR424Z (http://post-gazette.com/pg/10088/1046527-100.stm#ixzz0jaGR424Z)

frankthetank1
03-29-2010, 01:05 PM

oh but shopping ben is out of the question? it doesnt matter about what the investigation brings with holmes but ben is innocent til proven guilty (which he should be)? i think it is way too premature to shop holmes just as it is with ben.

the woman claims the orlando pd pressured her not to file charges??? please why the hell would the orlando pd be looking out for holmes? he isnt even from orlando he is from bell glade which is hours away.

cruzer8
03-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Something stinks with this one too.

flippy
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM
TO is still available.

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2010, 01:34 PM
TO is still available.

I hope this was sarcasm. Off-season drama is bad enough. Don't need in-season drama as well.

feltdizz
03-29-2010, 01:38 PM

oh but shopping ben is out of the question? it doesnt matter about what the investigation brings with holmes but ben is innocent til proven guilty (which he should be)? i think it is way too premature to shop holmes just as it is with ben.

the woman claims the orlando pd pressured her not to file charges??? please why the hell would the orlando pd be looking out for holmes? he isnt even from orlando he is from bell glade which is hours away.

:Clap

SteelerNation1
03-29-2010, 02:23 PM
This supposedly occurs on 3-7-10, and we sign Antwaan Randle El and Arnaz Battle on 3-8-10. Coincidence? Or something more???

Perhaps this is the possible suspension-worthy offense that SN1's source was talking about instead of getting caught with pot again. Hmmm...
RB,
As soon as I heard this, that's what I was thinking.

Lebsteel
03-29-2010, 02:23 PM

The team doesn't need a conviction or even charges to suspend, release or trade a player they deem detrimental to the team. Santonio could be exonerated, but the Steelers would still be well within their rights to move him in some fashion.

Pappy
If we hadn't signed El and Battle and didn't have Sweed still in the mix, I'd wouldn't think much of this incident since no charges were filed. HOWEVER, with the three WRs named above and Ward and Wallace, something must be up. Maybe we don't see any way to sign Holmes next year, so we trade him and a 4th Rd. pick to the Lions for their 2nd round pick? Then we trade our new 2nd round pick plus our 3rd rounder with Philly for their #24 pick. With 18 we take Earl Thomas and with 24 we take Jared Odrick. Huh? That would be cool and well worth it, but probably wouldn't happen...

Ghost
03-29-2010, 02:26 PM
Emotional distress = money grab. Plain and simple.

Have to also love when there is a big consipracy between the police and the nightclub to help the professional player..... :roll:

williar
03-29-2010, 02:32 PM

Isn't this so typical of HYPOCRIT steeler fan...Can't wait to run Santonio out of town for some b.s..... But damn you and your mother for even thinking Ben might be reprimanded.
Telling........

Dee Dub
03-29-2010, 02:53 PM

Absolutely! Why??...how about the fact Ben has never been charged or convicted of a crime. Can you say that about Santonio? Think about it.

williar
03-29-2010, 03:08 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1tuanoua]I think it's time to shop Santonio. Enough is enough.

Absolutely! Why??...how about the fact Ben has never been charged or convicted of a crime. Can you say that about Santonio? Think about it.[/quote:1tuanoua]

Yeah....You keep thinking that... We'll see who is playing where in due time.