PDA

View Full Version : Ratbirds' PR man contrasts Flacco, Roethlisberger

hawaiiansteel
03-28-2010, 12:52 AM
so Flacco prefers to spend nights watching TV on his mom's couch, huh? interesting...maybe if he shaved his unibrow he could get a date. :ratsuck

Ravens' PR man contrasts Flacco, Roethlisberger

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 27, 2010

Public relations people usually try to be diplomatic, but the Baltimore Ravens' PR man took a little shot at Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at the annual league meetings this week.

The shot was taken during the media breakfast for AFC coaches, where about 30 members of the media waited to grill Steelers coach Mike Tomlin about Roethlisberger. Only five reporters wanted to talk to Ravens coach John Harbaugh.

Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun reports that Ravens public relations executive Kevin Byrne observed the sparse crowd around Harbaugh's table and made a joke contrasting the personal lives of Roethlisberger and Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.

Said Byrne, "I guess that's what happens when you've got a quarterback who prefers to spend his nights watching TV on his mom's couch."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... lisberger/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/27/ravens-pr-man-contrasts-flacco-roethlisberger/)

Steel Life
03-28-2010, 07:31 AM
Apparently he forgot Ray-Ray's checkered history...not to worry, I'm sure his team of "saints" will provide him an opportunity to eat those words sometime.

anger 82&95
03-28-2010, 08:05 AM
Yes, the moral degenerate wins two super bowls… And incidentally, where’s the focus on his past charitable actions??? Shouldn’t his contributions and financial donations mitigate this perceived lack of morality?
Two quotes which define his altruistic nature: “Roethlisberger is quickly becoming the face of NFL charity work and the league itself.”
“The former University of Miami of Ohio quarterback was honored Thursday with an award by the league and its partners for his community service. He recently made headlines for a series of financial donations to municipal police departments.”

Sugar
03-28-2010, 09:41 AM
Yes, the moral degenerate wins two super bowls… And incidentally, where’s the focus on his past charitable actions??? Shouldn’t his contributions and financial donations mitigate this perceived lack of morality?
Two quotes which define his altruistic nature: “Roethlisberger is quickly becoming the face of NFL charity work and the league itself.”
“The former University of Miami of Ohio quarterback was honored Thursday with an award by the league and its partners for his community service. He recently made headlines for a series of financial donations to municipal police departments.”

Great post! While Ben has not been charged of any wrongdoing, he has indeed been cited by the league and organizations around the country for his charitable work. This man is no thug.

frankthetank1
03-28-2010, 11:32 AM
i will take the qb who frequents bars since he has two sb rings over a stiff douche bag with one eye brow. at least ben has a personality

steelblood
03-28-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't have any problem with the comment. He isn't saying Ben is guilty of anything. He is saying his QB has a more boring private life and thus flies under the radar. Sure, it can be construed as a slight, but it really isn't that bad even if it is.

Ozey74
03-28-2010, 03:47 PM
so Flacco prefers to spend nights watching TV on his mom's couch, huh? interesting...maybe if he shaved his unibrow he could get a date. :ratsuck

http://www.jewornotjew.com/img/people/lewis_skolnick.jpg

http://www.topnews.in/files/images/Joe-Flacco2_0.jpg

hawaiiansteel
03-28-2010, 03:52 PM
no wonder Flacco can't get a date -

http://majorleaguejerk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/joe-flacco-ravens-eyebrows_nc.jpg

SteelAbility
03-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Here's a contrast. Flacco is good. Ben is better. Next item. :tt2

hawaiiansteel
03-28-2010, 05:37 PM

here's another contrast - Ben has two Super Bowl victories, Flacco has none. :tt1 :tt2

plainnasty
03-28-2010, 08:44 PM
Compare their playoff stats

hawaiiansteel
03-28-2010, 11:12 PM
this is a picture of Ravens public relations executive Kevin Byrne, bet he had a hard time getting dates too - looks like a real dweeb. :ratsuck

http://steelershotline.com/byrne.jpeg

MaxAMillion
03-28-2010, 11:42 PM
It doesn't bother me. Plenty of Steeler fans liked to throw stones and players from other teams (Bengals, Ravens) who got into trouble. The truth is that no team has all saints on their roster. People should remember that these guys are really just entertainers. There are good and bad in that group just like in every other profession.

Captain Lemming
03-29-2010, 12:18 AM
Said Byrne, "I guess that's what happens when you've got a quarterback who prefers to spend his nights watching TV on his mom's couch."[/color]

Hmmmm, the same place he spends SUPER SUNDAY every year. :D

SteelAbility
03-29-2010, 08:55 AM

here's another contrast - Ben has two Super Bowl victories, Flacco has none. :tt1 :tt2

Sometimes I reaaly like being one-up'd. :tt2 :wink:

aggiebones
03-29-2010, 10:34 AM

I really thought this was a joke regarding fines he's going to be paying in the near future to the courts. But maybe he did make donations to them.

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Did the Ravens PR guy happen to remember his team just signed a guy who plead guilty to DUI and second degree manslaughter when he killed a guy a year ago this month?

Roethlisberger hasn't even been charged with anything at this point, but it has been proven in a court of law that Stallworth was legally intoxicated when he plowed down a construction worker with his Bentley, killing him, and getting off with 30 days in jail.

Sugar
03-29-2010, 12:21 PM
Did the Ravens PR guy happen to remember his team just signed a guy who plead guilty to DUI and second degree manslaughter when he killed a guy a year ago this month?

Roethlisberger hasn't even been charged with anything at this point, but it has been proven in a court of law that Stallworth was legally intoxicated when he plowed down a construction worker with his Bentley, killing him, and getting off with 30 days in jail.

Hey, hey now. That's not fair. He was clearly referencing the Quarterback's only!! :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
03-29-2010, 01:54 PM

Hey, hey now. That's not fair. He was clearly referencing the Quarterback's only!! :wink:

Well, if we wants to compare QB's, then I'll compare WR's. While Stallworth is out drinking and driving and killing, Santonio Holmes is watching T.V. on his mom's cou...oh, D@MMIT!!!

hawaiiansteel
03-29-2010, 02:53 PM

Well, if we wants to compare QB's, then I'll compare WR's. While Stallworth is out drinking and driving and killing, Santonio Holmes is watching T.V. on his mom's cou...oh, D@MMIT!!!

what was Santonio's Mom's couch doing in that nightclub? :shock:

ikestops85
03-29-2010, 03:11 PM

what was Santonio's Mom's couch doing in that nightclub? :shock:

That's why Santonio was upset. That girl was sitting on his Mama's couch and wouldn't get off!! :twisted:

That would piss me off also. :tt2