PDA

View Full Version : Steelers and Chargers Possible Trade Partners?

Dee Dub
03-26-2010, 06:50 PM
I heard Wednesday on the radio (XX1090-San Diego the Lee Hacksaw Hamilton show), that the Chargers are very much interested in drafting RB Ryan Matthews of Fresno Sate in the first round. Problem is, as reported by Hamilton, the Patriots are also very much interested in Matthews and brought him in yesterday for a personal work out. The Patriots draft at 22 and the Chargers at 28.

If the Chargers really want this guy and want to make sure he doesnt go at 22 and maybe even earlier to Houston at 20 well then the Steelers could be a perfect trade partner . We could have them over a barrel and get a 3rd rounder this year or maybe even their first rounder next year.

Would you do it??

steelerkeylargo
03-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Maybe if the Steelers main targets are gone. I might....but I would want their second round pick and maybe send our fourth back their way!

Lebsteel
03-26-2010, 07:09 PM
I heard Wednesday on the radio (XX1090-San Diego the Lee Hacksaw Hamilton show), that the Chargers are very much interested in drafting RB Ryan Matthews of Fresno Sate in the first round. Problem is, as reported by Hamilton, the Patriots are also very much interested in Matthews and brought him in yesterday for a personal work out. The Patriots draft at 22 and the Chargers at 28.

If the Chargers really want this guy and want to make sure he doesnt go at 22 and maybe even earlier to Houston at 20 well then the Steelers could be a perfect trade partner . We could have them over a barrel and get a 3rd rounder this year or maybe even their first rounder next year.

Would you do it??
Only if they gave us their 2nd round pick (#60) valued at 300 pts. The jump from 28 to 18 is worth 240 pts.

Discipline of Steel
03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
i dont see the point of accumulating more draft picks when we really dont have a lot of holes to fill. Prefer better players to provide quality competition at key positions like CB, DL, OL, RB.

Steel Life
03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Do it providing the price is right...the real value in every draft is based in rounds 2-4 & if we can stockpile picks for future use, or maneuverability to get the players we want now then by all means.

hawaiiansteel
03-26-2010, 07:23 PM
yes, if the Chargers were willing to trade their 1st and 2nd for our pick at #18...

AND the player(s) the Steelers had really wanted to select had been picked already before it was our turn at #18.

ikestops85
03-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I doubt this will happen since the Chargers swapped 2nd round picks with the Seahawks in the Whitehurst deal. That would mean they would be giving up their 1st and 2nd rounder (number 40 overall) for our 1st rounder. That would be great if they would go for it but I think their GM would be run out of town.

NJ-STEELER
03-26-2010, 08:00 PM
maybe their #1 next year

if bobby beathard was still there

hawaiiansteel
03-26-2010, 08:08 PM
I doubt this will happen since the Chargers swapped 2nd round picks with the Seahawks in the Whitehurst deal. That would mean they would be giving up their 1st and 2nd rounder (number 40 overall) for our 1st rounder. That would be great if they would go for it but I think their GM would be run out of town.

you are absolutely correct, we would have to swap our 1st, 3rd and 4th for San Diego's 1st and 2nd in this case.

Steel Life
03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
I think the Chargers have picks to spare because of the Cromartie trade with the Jets gives them extra 3rd rounders (3 total) that they can use to maneuver around this draft. That & the fact they're a lot like us in that they don't have a lot of holes as a playoff caliber team. They have seven picks this year...do they think it's more important to find a replacement for LT or find spots for 7 rookies?

SteelCrazy
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM
i dont see the point of accumulating more draft picks when we really dont have a lot of holes to fill. Prefer better players to provide quality competition at key positions like CB, DL, OL, RB.

I agree with you....If anything we need to move down in the first, not up just so we get an extra 2nd or whatever. We have 10 picks already, so what is the point.

We need quality, not quantity........

Shawn
03-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I would do it unless a freak fell to 18. Their first and second? Maybe be able to grab Wilson and Odrick? Yeah I would have to do it.