PDA

View Full Version : all time favorite games

JTP53609
03-24-2010, 01:38 PM
I need to take a break from offseason stuff , so I ask what is your favorite regular season/postseason game from the 90's, and your favorite home regular season game from the 2000's (I am guessing everyones favorite playoff game would be SB XLIII)

90's
my favorite regular season game was the 1997 December home game against the Broncos, the Steelers won 37-24 (I believe, going on memory) Kordell probably had his best regular season game as a pro, we lost to the broncos weeks later in the afc championship. (1997 was one of the most enjoyable years I had watching the Steelers, every game that year was awesome, that saturday late season matchup in N.E. was aweseom too)
my favorite postseason game was the hail mary game, we beat the colts on a sunday defensive dominated game, willie williams still gets all the credit for tripping up the colt running back on a third down play late in the fourth qtr.

2000's
my favorite regular season game was the Dallas game in December 2008, my hatred for the cowboys is high, but it was through the roof on that December day, the way we won was the best part too, coming back from 10 points down in the fourth qtr and tearing the playoff lives from the cowboys was sweet.

hawaiiansteel
03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
i'll have to think about the regular-season game but yes, Super Bowl XLIII was the greatest and by far the most thrilling post-season game I've ever watched...both the first half and the end of the game had really good endings! :D

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0902/nfl.james.harrison.run/images/15.new.1.jpghttp://community.post-gazette.com/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.07.08.32/freed_5F00_holmescatch.jpg_2D00_500x400.jpg

NW Steeler
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah, SB XLIII is probably tops for me, it was a heart stopper just like many of our other games that year. But the playoff game comeback against the Stains with Tommy Gun at the helm back in 200? was as thrilling as they get. What a comeback!

hawaiiansteel
03-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Yeah, SB XLIII is probably tops for me, it was a heart stopper just like many of our other games that year. But the playoff game comeback against the Stains with Tommy Gun at the helm back in 200? was as thrilling as they get. What a comeback!

yes, that was definitely one of the greatest playoff games ever...wasn't Bruce Arians the Offensive Coordinator for the Browns that day?

2003: Pittsburgh Steelers 36 Cleveland Browns 33

Going in to the day's first wild card showdown between the Browns and Steelers, not much was expected between QBs Kelly Holcomb and Tommy Maddox. However, the two turned in two of the best performances in playoff history with Maddox passing for 367 yards and 3 TDs (perhaps inspired by his XFL MVP!) and Holcomb passing for 429 yards and 3 TDs (perhaps inspired the Browns didn't trot out Tim Couch). The difference turned out to be a Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala TD with just under a minute left.

NW Steeler
03-24-2010, 07:00 PM
Yes, BA was the OC.

fordfixer
03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
The next one the Steelers play in, then all of them after that

Doogie36
03-25-2010, 06:42 AM
I dont remember the year or if we even won but my favorite game was the Oakland Raiders vs the STEELERS when Mark Bruener caught the ball and refused to go down. I just remember him fighting his A$$ off for those extra yards and right then and there I was PROUD to be a STEELER FAN. That one play one showed what HARD WORD and DEDICATION can achieve and it's something worth showing to motivate people. I wish I had the video of that play. Anyone else remember it?????

JTP53609
03-25-2010, 07:32 AM
I dont remember the year or if we even won but my favorite game was the Oakland Raiders vs the STEELERS when Mark Bruener caught the ball and refused to go down. I just remember him fighting his A$$ off for those extra yards and right then and there I was PROUD to be a STEELER FAN. That one play one showed what HARD WORD and DEDICATION can achieve and it's something worth showing to motivate people. I wish I had the video of that play. Anyone else remember it?????

nice call, and I do remember it, it was at 3 rivers and it was during the 2000 season, it was when we ended the year on a hot streak and just missed the playoffs at 9-7, the only thing you are wrong about is that it was not bruener it was dan kreider, I remember thinking who is this guy he is awesome...

RuthlessBurgher
03-25-2010, 09:32 AM

nice call, and I do remember it, it was at 3 rivers and it was during the 2000 season, it was when we ended the year on a hot streak and just missed the playoffs at 9-7, the only thing you are wrong about is that it was not bruener it was dan kreider, I remember thinking who is this guy he is awesome...

There was a Bruener play like that. I believe he caught the ball at the 5, was hit, spun out of it, plowed over another guy around the 3, and then carried a 3rd guy as he dove into the end zone.

JTP53609
03-25-2010, 10:27 AM

There was a Bruener play like that. I believe he caught the ball at the 5, was hit, spun out of it, plowed over another guy around the 3, and then carried a 3rd guy as he dove into the end zone.

I vaguely remember that, I forget against who it was and when it happened though (unlike me, now its killing me to try remember) was it the titan game on that monday night in home in 2001?

ramblinjim
03-25-2010, 11:24 AM
The 2005 season, the game against the Bears where it was muddy and snowing and Jerome Bettis seemed to get a shot of the Bettis from 1998, had a stellar game and ran over Brian Urlacher for the touchdown, that was a great game to watch.

The 2004 season, regular season game against the Patriots and we throttled them at Heinz field to end their win streak. That was a fun game to watch too because Tom Brady just looked confused. Of course the playoff game we had against them later that year will be one of the worst Steelers games........

There was a game in the 90's where Dave Klingler was the Quarterback of the Bengals and the Steelers had ten sacks. Maybe it was the '92 or '93 season. They just destroyed Klingler that game, he was never the same.