PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben to Lions for Stafford and the number 2 pick?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Don't get me wrong....Ben has been one of my favorite steelers that has come around in a long time. But this recent incident is embarrising both to the organization and to the fans. I love the way he plays the game....when have you ever seen a houdini like QB get out of the crap he gets out of and lead his team like he does in the final minutes of games?
All that being said I think if the above trade or something like it presented itself the Steelers would at least consider it. I actually wouldn't mind it if charges are filed and this and the other incident drag out for the next 2-4 years. I love ya Ben and hope this crap ends and your our QB but dude take the girl back home and have the video camera going incase she makes something up next time. This is getting old.

Anyways can you imagine the following....We draft McCoy DT then trade up to get Haden CB and have Stafford our future QB. Rather have Matt Ryan though....Actually want Ben on this team just no more incidents and pay them the money they have earned....lets end this mess already.

Shawn
03-21-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm thinking you are hittin' the crack pipe. :lol:

NKySteeler
03-21-2010, 07:37 PM
LoL.... Gotta love everyone publishing thier Christmas "wish" lists This time of year...
(and there is not a good enough laughing/belly-ache smiley for this)

... Uhhh.... No.

Stafford has yet to prove he would be worthy of where you apparently think he deserves.... And drafting McCoy and trading-up to get Haden in the same round is equally ludicrus.... It will/would never never never never never happen.... LoL!

.... God, the off-season really is long, isn't it?................ :lol:

Reality and common sense needs to step-in somewhere with all these crazy posts this time of year, but I doubt it will.... For that reason, it is just pure cheap entertainment.

LoL!

hawaiiansteel
03-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Ben is better than Peyton Manning. :Boobs

We have the best free safety in all of football on our team. :tt1

The Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl this year. :tt2

Do the Lions have a good center they could throw into the trade? :lol:

stlrz d
03-21-2010, 10:05 PM
Seriously...stop.

Ben isn't going anywhere.

Chadman
03-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Chadman would only do this if we could also trade Detroit Larry Foote for the Lions 2nd round pick- just so we could all watch Larry go slowly insane..

AngryAsian
03-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Chadman would only do this if we could also trade Detroit Larry Foote for the Lions 2nd round pick- just so we could all watch Larry go slowly insane..

ROFLMAO!!!!

calmkiller
03-22-2010, 09:01 AM
I would put a Steeler imposed suspension on him. But I would never ever trade him.

papillon
03-22-2010, 09:15 AM
The Steelers won't trade him, but if they have an option that hits his checking account hard that would be my suggestion. If the NFL can step in and apply punishment that is financial in nature then I wish they would do it as well.

I don't see the Steelers trading him or even shopping him around. If he's convicted of a felony then he's certainly won't have any trade value and he'll be serving time. If he's exonerated completely the Steelers will probably suspend him, but not trade him. I don't see a scenario that doesn't have Ben being a Steeler regardless if its in jail or in the NFL.

Pappy

Sugar
03-22-2010, 09:22 AM
Ben is our franchise QB. There is no reason to trade or fine or suspend him.

JTP53609
03-22-2010, 11:02 AM
IF he is found guilty of this assault then yes I would do it, I guess I am in the minority that would rather have a team of good characters (or people that you dont hear about) than a great team full of convicts that is why i hate the cowboys and all the other teams...I have lived my life based on morals, it was what I was taught from my parents..

pfelix73
03-22-2010, 11:46 AM
No way, you all are nuts!

:lol:

Iron Shiek
03-22-2010, 12:16 PM
Dang it! I stayed away from the board for a week or so hoping these kinds of things would stop sprouting up, but to no avail.

Why in the :HeadBanger bloody hell would we trade him?! We are all sick things popping up, but he still has not been convicted of a crime in his life, as far as we know.

Buncha bumshum if you ask me.

RuthlessBurgher
03-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Dang it! I stayed away from the board for a week or so hoping these kinds of things would stop sprouting up, but to no avail.

Why in the :HeadBanger bloody hell would we trade him?! We are all sick things popping up, but he still has not been convicted of a crime in his life, as far as we know.

Buncha bumshum if you ask me.

Bumshum? Is that a clever way of swearing without swearing, such as dadgummit?

Iron Shiek
03-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Yessir! My friends coined that term a couple years back and we always say it now.

ikestops85
03-22-2010, 12:24 PM
IF he is found guilty of this assault then yes I would do it, I guess I am in the minority that would rather have a team of good characters (or people that you dont hear about) than a great team full of convicts that is why i hate the cowboys and all the other teams...I have lived my life based on morals, it was what I was taught from my parents..

I have also lived my life based on morals ... both good and bad ones :moon :lol:

Right now we can only criticize Ben for being an idiot. Let's face it, I think we all know Ben isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer but to suggest to get rid of him now is very premature.

RuthlessBurgher
03-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Yessir! My friends coined that term a couple years back and we always say it now.

For example, Skee-Lo is a big ol' pile of bumshum because he does not have the cojones to post on this board.

(I know you are reading this, Skee-Lo, you bastage you!) :lol:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/niqueoh/SkeeLoIWish.jpg

Iron Shiek
03-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Haha. I gave up on that fool. I've been hibernating for the winter and haven't seen him much the last couple months to give him crap about it.

frankthetank1
03-22-2010, 01:03 PM

i feel the same way. if ben goes to court and is found guilty i dont see how the steelers could keep him on the team. no one knows ben personally so no one can base an opinion on his character as of now. if he is convicted then he is no better than vick or mike tyson imo. what if he really is a dirt bag? last season's incident was a joke this however is the second acusation in one year!!

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
03-22-2010, 01:57 PM
I know I started this post.... but to address some things that have come up: I would hate it and it would make me sick to trade Ben away. Him and Polamalu have been favorites of mine for years now.
I'm just saying I think the Steelers organization would consider a trade (not necessarly the one I mentioned) if this continues to go sour. WHY? Because the Steelers are one of the few franchises who gives a rip about character and making the organization look bad.
This thing is going to go on for at least 2 years....unless he is not charged and he settles out of court with both girls. Still the media will not let this go for years to come.
Another thing if we did trade Ben...which is unlikely but more likely that what some of you are inclined to believe, we could move on and get some young talent (preference highly on this stuff ending and Ben stays).

Shawn
03-22-2010, 02:23 PM

We are all pleased that you are so moral. But, I can't remember anyone advocating keeping Ben if he is found guilty of a crime. I'm not sure where you got that and why you believe you are in the moral minority.

cruzer8
03-22-2010, 02:51 PM

i feel the same way. if ben goes to court and is found guilty i dont see how the steelers could keep him on the team. no one knows ben personally so no one can base an opinion on his character as of now. if he is convicted then he is no better than vick or mike tyson imo. what if he really is a dirt bag? last season's incident was a joke this however is the second acusation in one year!!

So if I accuse you of something and someone else accusses you of the same thing, even if it isn't true, then there is something to it?

We are all pleased that you are so moral. But, I can't remember anyone advocating keeping Ben if he is found guilty of a crime. I'm not sure where you got that and why you believe you are in the moral minority.

Being found guilty in a court of law doesn't automatically mean he really did it. So yeah, even if he's "found" guilty I'm still for keeping him on the team.

hawaiiansteel
03-22-2010, 03:13 PM

So if I accuse you of something and someone else accusses you of the same thing, even if it isn't true, then there is something to it?

Being found guilty in a court of law doesn't automatically mean he really did it. So yeah, even if he's "found" guilty I'm still for keeping him on the team.

yeah, and just because O.J. was found innocent in a court of law doesn't automatically mean he didn't do it either...the key was he had a good attorney.

Ben will not be found guilty, he has too good of an attorney...

JTP53609
03-22-2010, 03:52 PM

I am not calling you or anyone else on the board out, so take a chill pill, I just know alot of people that I talk to in person "not on the board" have told me that this is the way sports are now, and if he is not guilty than all is good, well i think that roethlisberger has not been "targeted" twice but he has put himself in the position twice at least, and this is what happens, keep partying hard and leaving restaurant bills unpaid because you are big ben, oh and to totally give a make a wish child the cold shoulder really turned me off this guy, i dont care how many autographs and charitable things he has done, but to shun a make a wish child...

you cant accuse me of anything when I am at home with my wife or out to eat with my wife or at the gym with camera's or with my family somewhere, you could probably come up with some kind of accusation at a strip club or at a club with college kids who are much younger than I am.... but that is just my opinion.

cruzer8
03-22-2010, 04:12 PM
you cant accuse me of anything when I am at home with my wife or out to eat with my wife or at the gym with camera's or with my family somewhere, you could probably come up with some kind of accusation at a strip club or at a club with college kids who are much younger than I am.... but that is just my opinion.

It's not up to you to decide how a single, rich, athlete lives his life Chief.

And that make a wish story was all a bunch of crap. Someone here posted something with regards to it all being a bunch of crap. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find it.

So get off your high, judgmental horse and live your life the way you choose to. And let others do the same.

JTP53609
03-22-2010, 08:55 PM

It's not up to you to decide how a single, rich, athlete lives his life Chief.

And that make a wish story was all a bunch of crap. Someone here posted something with regards to it all being a bunch of crap. I'm sure if you do a search you'll find it.

So get off your high, judgmental horse and live your life the way you choose to. And let others do the same.

okay chief.....your right how dare I give my opinion on a message board, what was I thinking....let me get back on my horse now :Blah
you give Steeler fans a bad name, not because I disagree with you on this topic (no big deal, I disagree with alot of people on this), but you often say very dumb things, I'm sure if you do a search you'll find it.

stlrz d
03-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I think he made a pretty good point...it's not up to you to decide how Ben lives his life.

ps - I'm sick of all the holier-than-thou, judgmental types as well. ;)

Sugar
03-22-2010, 09:10 PM

It's hard to be found guilty when you haven't even been charged with anything.

It's good to live a morally upstanding life. That's not at issue here.

JTP53609
03-22-2010, 09:27 PM
I think he made a pretty good point...it's not up to you to decide how Ben lives his life.

i could care less how ben lives his life too, I am just giving my opinion on the freaking post, I really dont care what your opinion is either whether it is of me or him. If your sick of the "holier-than-thou judgement", than dont read it, it was the first time I ever said anything about how I have lived a good life led by morals, if that makes you upset to read, than you must get upset and on edge alot..

stlrz d
03-23-2010, 07:23 AM

i could care less how ben lives his life too, I am just giving my opinion on the freaking post, I really dont care what your opinion is either whether it is of me or him. If your sick of the "holier-than-thou judgement", than dont read it, it was the first time I ever said anything about how I have lived a good life led by morals, if that makes you upset to read, than you must get upset and on edge alot..

The holier-than-thou opinions are so pervasive they are impossible to miss. And I wasn't singling you out. There are plenty of folks preaching from the safety of their working-class lives.

The amount of money and fame these guys have brings on temptations of catastrophic proportions that many people couldn't even BEGIN to imagine. I've seen Packers players come into a bar (when I was working) and be instantly mobbed by DOZENS of women...each! You just can't understand it until you see it. And even then it's hard to understand exactly what's going on.

feltdizz
03-23-2010, 10:35 AM

:tt2 Ride or Die :tt1

:wft

feltdizz
03-23-2010, 10:44 AM
[quote="stlrz d":3jcr98kp]I think he made a pretty good point...it's not up to you to decide how Ben lives his life.

The holier-than-thou opinions are so pervasive they are impossible to miss. And I wasn't singling you out. There are plenty of folks preaching from the safety of their working-class lives.

The amount of money and fame these guys have brings on temptations of catastrophic proportions that many people couldn't even BEGIN to imagine. I've seen Packers players come into a bar (when I was working) and be instantly mobbed by DOZENS of women...each! You just can't understand it until you see it. And even then it's hard to understand exactly what's going on.[/quote:3jcr98kp]

What's to understand? Everyone knows football players get p#### thrown at them.
How many of these guys in GB had sexual assault accusations for quickies in the bar bathroom?

PS: please don't cuss me out for not agreeing with you!

RuthlessBurgher
03-23-2010, 10:57 AM
How many of these guys in GB had sexual assault accusations for quickies in the bar bathroom?

If I recall correctly, former Packer TE Mark Chmura was charged with sexual assault against an underage babysitter.

feltdizz
03-23-2010, 11:20 AM

If I recall correctly, former Packer TE Mark Chmura was charged with sexual assault against an underage babysitter.

Not in a bar bathroom.... so it makes no sense. :stirpot

JTP53609
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
well I am sure many athletes go to the bar and get mobbed by many women, some have better judgement than others though, I am willing to bet that if I saw a Steeler at a bar and there were a bunch of gorgeous woman around him it would not be an uncommon site, or something they are not used to,
I am guessing that woman do not mob ben like you made mention of the packers players, because he had sex with mcnulty and she looks like she got beat with an ugly stick.

feltdizz
03-23-2010, 01:13 PM
well I am sure many athletes go to the bar and get mobbed by many women, some have better judgement than others though, I am willing to bet that if I saw a Steeler at a bar and there were a bunch of gorgeous woman around him it would not be an uncommon site, or something they are not used to,
I am guessing that woman do not mob ben like you made mention of the packers players, because he had sex with mcnulty and she looks like she got beat with an ugly stick.

I have seen "church girls" who claimed they don't do unpure things do a complete 180 when talking about Steeler players....

listing off the names of players, what clubs they go to each night... all the way down to their favorite drink.

cruzer8
03-23-2010, 02:02 PM

So the stories of him being mobbed by hotties in GA are false then?

JTP53609
03-23-2010, 02:44 PM

well chief, I am pretty sure I heard from a number of sources he had people "recruit" woman (or young ladies, some may of been 18) from the place he was at, so he actually sent his mob out, he gets the mcnulties flocking his way and that is just to fix televisions

cruzer8
03-23-2010, 04:14 PM

well chief, I am pretty sure I heard from a number of sources he had people "recruit" woman (or young ladies, some may of been 18) from the place he was at, so he actually sent his mob out, he gets the mcnulties flocking his way and that is just to fix televisions

I think you need to re-read the stories, sport. They all say he was mobbed everywhere he went. That's the case with all these guys as soon as they're recognized as professional athletes with lots of money. Looks don't matter. It's all about the cash.

C.R.E.A.M. get the money...dolla dolla bill y'all.

SteelCrazy
03-23-2010, 05:02 PM
R

I have seen "church girls" who claimed they don't do unpure things do a complete 180 when talking about Steeler players....

listing off the names of players, what clubs they go to each night... all the way down to their favorite drink.

I have had church girls do things to me that they swore to God they never would....

BTW...why does this thread still have legs? Oh yea...cause all the other god Ben threads were moved to BFE

JTP53609
03-23-2010, 08:29 PM

I think you need to re-read the stories, sport. They all say he was mobbed everywhere he went. That's the case with all these guys as soon as they're recognized as professional athletes with lots of money. Looks don't matter. It's all about the cash.

okay dude, your a genius, we should all be as smart as you, whatever you heard has to be the story because you have all the info

stlrz d
03-23-2010, 10:18 PM

okay dude, your a genius, we should all be as smart as you, whatever you heard has to be the story because you have all the info

Whoa dude, what's your problem? Why are you taking this so personally?

When this news first came out there were stories all over the net stating that Ben was being mobbed everywhere he went...even as he was walking down the street from one club to another.

Starlifter
03-24-2010, 01:06 AM
back to the topic of the post. ridiculous idea i'm afraid. having said that, I'd love to see Ben shopped around just for the sheer enjoyment of watching the bungles, stains and rats all make a play for him. Trust me, if those teams thought they had a legitimate shot at Ben over the QB's they have now - they'd be all in. All those fans who trash him repeatedly would be creaming their jeans at the thought of Ben at the helm.

Then of course the Steelers would announce Ben is here to stay - treating cincy, stain and rat fans like a 2 am fat chick booty call - telling them to get the F out, there's a towel by the door.
:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

JTP53609
03-24-2010, 09:26 AM
no problem on my end, i just find it funny and kind of sickening the way people treat athletes and celebreties, I dont know, I have never really been into the whole "oh my gosh look over there its ...", perhaps because my uncle is Boomer Esiason or perhaps because I see them as every day humans

RuthlessBurgher
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
back to the topic of the post. ridiculous idea i'm afraid. having said that, I'd love to see Ben shopped around just for the sheer enjoyment of watching the bungles, stains and rats all make a play for him. Trust me, if those teams thought they had a legitimate shot at Ben over the QB's they have now - they'd be all in. All those fans who trash him repeatedly would be creaming their jeans at the thought of Ben at the helm.

Then of course the Steelers would announce Ben is here to stay - treating cincy, stain and rat fans like a 2 am fat chick booty call - telling them to get the F out, there's a towel by the door.
:tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1 :tt1

All you AFC North bee-yotches...take my shots!!! :lol:

JTP53609
03-24-2010, 11:04 AM
you know the steelers would not even think about trading him to any division rival, but you also know that al davis would give us at least 2 first round picks for him...relax, im not saying they woud or do it or think of doing it, im just saying

RuthlessBurgher
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
you know the steelers would not even think about trading him to any division rival, but you also know that al davis would give us at least 2 first round picks for him...relax, im not saying they woud or do it or think of doing it, im just saying

Did Ben run a sub-4.4 40 or something? :lol:

http://thisrecording.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/610x.jpg

JTP53609
03-24-2010, 12:24 PM

Did Ben run a sub-4.4 40 or something? :lol:

http://thisrecording.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/610x.jpg

haha, no but if the numbers are fudged than Al will believe anything...