PDA

View Full Version : Bowling Green QB Tyler Sheehan?

PSU_dropout43
03-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Wexell -

5th-round QB they're looking at: Tyler Sheehan, Bowling Green. Was on ESPN Classic the other night. He really helped Barnes' success

hawaiiansteel
03-20-2010, 02:37 PM
Wexell -

5th-round QB they're looking at: Tyler Sheehan, Bowling Green. Was on ESPN Classic the other night. He really helped Barnes' success

let's hope he turns out better than Omar Jacobs -

NFL Draft Scout
Latest News

03/18/2010 - Scouts from 14 NFL teams were at Doyt Perry Stadium Tuesday afternoon for BG's football Pro Day. Fifteen former Falcons, including standout receiver Freddie Barnes, quarterback Tyler Sheehan and safety P.J. Mahone, participated in the event. Originally scheduled to take place in the Perry Field House, the event was moved outside to the comfortable, yet windy, weather. "We were supposed to be inside, so I didn't think I'd have to deal with the wind," Sheehan said. "I've been throwing in the wind for five years now, so it's not too bad."

Sheehan, who completed one of the finest quarterbacking seasons in school history in 2009, throwing for a school-record 4,051 yards and 27 touchdowns, said he drew a lot of interest from the Cincinnati Bengals and Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers have had several Mid-American Conference quarterbacks on their team the past five seasons with Ben Roethlisberger (Miami), Byron Leftwich (Marshall), Charlie Batch (Eastern Michigan) and Omar Jacobs (BGSU) all having had stints with the team.

Chadman
03-20-2010, 09:14 PM
No earlier than Round 6.....would rather get Leftwich back & have Dixon fall back to #3.

Herewegosteelers!
03-20-2010, 10:03 PM
I hope they don't waste another pick on a QB that won't make the team. If so, trade the pick and move up.

RuthlessBurgher
03-20-2010, 11:31 PM
The mid-round QB prospect I like is John Skelton from Fordham. 6'5" 241 lbs., great arm strength.

hawaiiansteel
03-21-2010, 12:22 AM
The mid-round QB prospect I like is John Skelton from Fordham. 6'5" 241 lbs., great arm strength.

unfortunately, John Skelton may never make it to Day 3.

if Skelton's there when we select in Rd. 4 however, the question becomes "would we rather have a good, young developmental QB like Skelton, or do we bring the experienced Leftwich back and let him battle it out with Dixon for the #2 and #3 QB positions?

buckeyehoppy
03-23-2010, 01:26 AM

unfortunately, John Skelton may never make it to Day 3.

if Skelton's there when we select in Rd. 4 however, the question becomes "would we rather have a good, young developmental QB like Skelton, or do we bring the experienced Leftwich back and let him battle it out with Dixon for the #2 and #3 QB positions?

The overall strength of the QB crop this year is a joke.

Sh!t, man... if Stull was hanging around in the 5th, I'd grab him. Half of the QBs rated north of him ran gimmick offenses in college.

I can see what the attraction is with Skelton. He has good measurables. But look who he played against. He played against Ivy Leaguers. That doesn't necessarily make him another Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I was high on Pike and LeFevour for a while, too. Sux to be them, though, that they either had poor or non-existent combines.

I like the prospect of drafting someone who can push Benjamin. Problem is, that player simply doesn't exist in this draft.