PDA

View Full Version : Penn State Pro Day

Lebsteel
03-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Some very impressive results at the Nittany Lion Pro Day. I wonder if Lebeau was there?

Odrick 4.93 and Sean Lee ran in the mid 4.5 range.....

All-conference linebacker Sean Lee was timed in the mid 4.5s in the 40-yard dash.

Defensive tackle Jared Odrick also impressed, clocking in at at 4.93 seconds.

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/20505811

hawaiiansteel
03-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Some very impressive results at the Nittany Lion Pro Day. I wonder if Lebeau was there?

All-conference linebacker Sean Lee was timed in the mid 4.5s in the 40-yard dash.

this most likely solidifies Odrick's Round 1 grade and might move Sean Lee into Round 2.

Lebsteel
03-17-2010, 07:47 PM

this most likely solidifies Odrick's Round 1 grade and might move Sean Lee into Round 2.
You are probably correct. Odrick is a lock for Rd. 1, hopefully as a Steeler, and unfortunately Lee will now be the 2nd best ILB prospect. I wanted him in Rd. 3, but we can't afford to take him in Rd. 2 if we would take Odrick. I think we would have to go CB in Rd. 2. Unless, we trade down, pick Odrick and get two second round picks where we go Jackson/Franks/Ghee and then Lee with the other 2nd round pick. :tt1

Lebsteel
03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
If we needed a TE, here might be a good late rounder. Shuler even bettered Dorin Dickerson's stats in the bench press, broad jump, 20 yrd shuttle and 3-cone drill while weighing in at almost 30 lbs. heavier.

Shuler, the son of former Penn State standout and NFL veteran Mickey Shuler (New York Jets, Philadelphia), wasn't particularly productive for the Nittany Lions. He caught only 27 passes over his career for 300 yards and 3 touchdowns.

While his numbers are hardly eye-popping, that might be the way to describe his workout Wednesday.

The 6-4, 251 pounder clocked in at 4.61 seconds in the 40-yard dash, a 37.5" vertical jump and a 10'11 broad jump. He also posted 28 repetitions of the bench press, a time of 4.25 seconds in the short shuttle and a 6.7 seconds in the 3-cone. All would have ranked among the elite results posted by any tight end at the Combine

MeetJoeGreene
03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
I wonder when Quarless will go.

I would also take a flier on AJ Wallace in a late round or UDFA.

He can return as well.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-18-2010, 09:07 AM
That will help Lee. He ran what I thought he would electronicly at the combine. This helps him position himself.

Lebsteel
03-18-2010, 09:10 AM
That will help Lee. He ran what I thought he would electronicly at the combine. This helps him position himself.
What do you think this does to our chances of picking him? I think he goes quicker than our Rd. 3 spot and I don't think we take him in Rd. 2 unless we get someone like Earl Thomas or Joe Haden in Rd. 1.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-18-2010, 10:06 AM
What do you think this does to our chances of picking him? I think he goes quicker than our Rd. 3 spot and I don't think we take him in Rd. 2 unless we get someone like Earl Thomas or Joe Haden in Rd. 1.

I think you could be correct. Lee's solid workout and Spike's poor workout could have Lee & perhaps even Butler leap frog Spikes. If Spikes has no improvement, he might be the one pushed to the Steelers in the 3rd. Lee & Butler both might be off the board when the Steelers pick at their #3 if Butler has a good pro-day. I think a solid Por-day for Butler could get him early 3rd consideration.

The agents are giving their guys bad info. The combine is a showcase but the scouts, GMs, & coaches all use the best times from workouts. They need to be "Apples for Apples" and many players that are scouted are not invited to the combine. There is a reason you see the Brass in the stands with stop watches. Not working out at the combine is like batting with 2 strikes. You can always better yourself at your Pro-day or private workouts. Spikes didn't do alot at the combine. Had a poor Pro day. He has put himself in a bad position because he is falling down teams boards and even though he has another workout or a team could invite him in for a private workout...Some personnell people already have them off their radar. Impressions have been made and teams will focus their resources on other players they need to consider.