PDA

View Full Version : How the "incident" changes the draft

Shawn
03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
If the Steelers were thinking about taking a chance on any shadey talents in the 2010 draft...those thoughts are long gone. The Steelers could very well be reactive and anyone we have in mocks with a past will not be selected.

birtikidis
03-13-2010, 12:39 PM
you're absolutely right shawn. I think that ARII is pretty embarrassed by all this crap. especially because it's the face of our franchise.

kindlecatsb'ng
03-13-2010, 04:01 PM
you're absolutely right shawn. I think that ARII is pretty embarrassed by all this crap. especially because it's the face of our franchise.

And it happened on his watch...

hawaiiansteel
03-13-2010, 04:15 PM

And it happened on his watch...

maybe Art Rooney II needs to accompany Ben whenever he goes out from now on...

fezziwig
03-13-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't think a 28 year old guy should need a baby sitter. The thing is, the Rooneys should have sat him down and all players and told them the rules and especially to Ben.

Ben should have been told that he will be under the microscope his football playing days and they expect him to carry on like Oppie Taylor. I realize it is tough to keep the halo on 24/7 but to be with college kids is just stupid. Ben has the coin, status and connections to be with major league girls, what a dope.

papillon
03-13-2010, 11:40 PM
I wonder if contracts have monetary ramifications if you can't keep your name off of police blotters and out of the news in a negative fashion? If they don't, I'd start writing them in for every player that signs with the Steelers. With great wealth comes great responsibility and if you can't present yourself in a positive light to the public then find somewhere else to play.

I mean is it really that hard to go out without acting like a jerk?

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
03-14-2010, 12:43 AM
I wonder if contracts have monetary ramifications if you can't keep your name off of police blotters and out of the news in a negative fashion? If they don't, I'd start writing them in for every player that signs with the Steelers. With great wealth comes great responsibility and if you can't present yourself in a positive light to the public then find somewhere else to play.

I mean is it really that hard to go out without acting like a jerk?

Pappy

obviously for Ben that is a very difficult thing to do...

http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/roethlisberger-at-club-m.jpg

stlrz d
03-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Looks like it's about time for this thread to make it's way over to where the other ones are.