PDA

View Full Version : Steelers bringing in Larry Foote on Monday!

Dee Dub
03-12-2010, 05:42 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10071/1042342-100.stm

steelblood
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, don't love this idea. But, oh well. He was effective.

Shawn
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
It would be a great pick up.

Shawn
03-12-2010, 05:53 PM

Why not? Depth who knows our system.

Lebsteel
03-12-2010, 05:57 PM
If we sign Foote, I can't see us going ILB i.e. Spoon or McClain in Rd. 1. Unless they plan on releasing Farrior and using Fox/Foote to fill in until Spoon/McClain are ready. The only positions of need that they haven't brought in a free agent is CB and DL, so far.

Shawn
03-12-2010, 05:59 PM
If we sign Foote, I can't see us going ILB i.e. Spoon or McClain in Rd. 1. Unless they plan on releasing Farrior and using Fox/Foote to fill in until Spoon/McClain are ready. The only positions of need that they haven't brought in a free agent is CB and DL, so far.

Agreed...I'm really not sure who they will pick between Odrick and Spoon. But, I fairly confident it will be one of those two if they are on the board and Haden doesn't drop.

steelblood
03-12-2010, 06:02 PM

If the signing bonus is small, I'm ok with it. I just think that as Foote ages, he is really going to struggle vs the pass (even on non passing downs).

However, I was one who stood up and said we will miss Foote and that Timmons struggles vs the run. Maybe I was right! No, that can't be it. My wife has assured me that won't happen again.

Lebsteel
03-12-2010, 06:29 PM

If the signing bonus is small, I'm ok with it. I just think that as Foote ages, he is really going to struggle vs the pass (even on non passing downs).

However, I was one who stood up and said we will miss Foote and that Timmons struggles vs the run. Maybe I was right! No, that can't be it. My wife has assured me that won't happen again.
Hey, my wife tells me that all the time also. Hmmmm.....maybe it has something to do with our location.

costanza2k1
03-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Man I get pumped up when we bring back a former player. I don't care if they contribute or not, just the fact that they're back gets me all riled up. When Chad Brown came back and got a sack I was going nuts at home. Hope this works out, in this case I think Foote can bring some much needed depth to our LBs core. The ability to slide Timmons to the outside and have him or Fox fill in is $.

calmkiller
03-12-2010, 06:47 PM
I approve of this message. With this signing we could keep 5 ILB because of Timmons ability to move outside. So if we were to draft a rookie like Spoon or McClain they could sit and play ST this year and learn from Foote and Farrior. IE Troy and his rookie season. We keep OLB that only play ST so why can't that be an ILB this season?

LordVile
03-12-2010, 07:04 PM
sounds good to me. bring back the ol' 5150 line up, old man Farrior better lay it down with vigor this year, and start teachin the yungins.

birtikidis
03-12-2010, 07:06 PM
I approve of this message. With this signing we could keep 5 ILB because of Timmons ability to move outside. So if we were to draft a rookie like Spoon or McClain they could sit and play ST this year and learn from Foote and Farrior. IE Troy and his rookie season. We keep OLB that only play ST so why can't that be an ILB this season?
it would also allow us to use foote to give farrior breaks. farrior comes out timmons slides over foote plays in timmons spot.
IMO foote wouldn't start for us. at least i wouldn't start him..

NW Steeler
03-12-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't feel that it changes our need to draft an ILB this year. If not Spoon or McClain in the first, then hopefully Spikes in the second. Foote serves as depth along with Fox, which is great, but we need a future stud for that position.

SteelCrazy
03-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Dont want him..........He'd rather be in Arizona............

Dee Dub
03-12-2010, 07:24 PM

Agreed...I'm really not sure who they will pick between Odrick and Spoon. But, I fairly confident it will be one of those two if they are on the board and Haden doesn't drop.

Agreed...but regardless of what happens to Haden..I think it is going to be one of those to anyways. But I really think it is going to be Weatherspoon. Too me he is a difference maker who I think is going to blow up in the NFL.

NW Steeler
03-12-2010, 07:53 PM
:Agree

MaxAMillion
03-12-2010, 08:16 PM

That means everything will be set for Pounceyman to come on board.

hawaiiansteel
03-12-2010, 08:52 PM

That means everything will be set for Pounceyman to come on board.

fine with me, i just hope Pounceyman comes on board in the second round and not in the first.

Shawn
03-12-2010, 09:22 PM

Agreed...but regardless of what happens to Haden..I think it is going to be one of those to anyways. But I really think it is going to be Weatherspoon. Too me he is a difference maker who I think is going to blow up in the NFL.

I think both will be studs. If I had my choice...I would probably take Odrick. I think Odrick=Spoon and I think Fox could be a stud. I would like to get younger this year on the DL. But, I must admit...that it's appealing to pick up Spoon. Just for the fact that the first time he plays like a puncy...we can call him Spoontang. :D