PDA

View Full Version : Steelers interested in bringing Hank Fraley back?

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Rams will take a look at Hank Fraley, Steelers might also

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2010

The Browns cut center Hank Fraley last week. Now, he'll get a look-see from the St. Louis Rams. Agent Ralph Cindrich said via his Twitter account that the visit to Missouri will occur today.

In a subsequent tweet, Cindrich says that the Steelers have called to express interest in Fraley, but that no visit has been scheduled yet.

The ten-year veteran spent six seasons in Philly before being traded to Cleveland in 2006.

A full-time starter with the Browns for his first three seasons there (due in large part to the first-day-of-training-camp LeCharles Bentley injury), Fraley started only four games in 2009.

Though "shocked" by his release from the Browns, Fraley clearly wasn't the future at the position, given the use of a 2009 first-round pick on Alex Mack.

In St. Louis, Fraley likely would back up Jason Brown, a big-money free-agent acquisition in 2009. Fraley also could fill in at other positions on the offensive line.

phillyesq
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
This doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. The Steelers released Stapelton, and they still have Hartwig, Legursky, Foster, Urbik, and Essex at RG/C. Fraley doesn't seem like an upgrade over any of those guys.

Shawn
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
At his age he isn't.

calmkiller
03-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Bring him back? Don't ever remember him being here in the first place. Slightly confused....

He isn't an upgrade as far as I can tell. Pass.

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Bring him back? Don't ever remember him being here in the first place. Slightly confused....

He isn't an upgrade as far as I can tell. Pass.

Could former Browns center Hank Fraley return to Pittsburgh?
By Tony Grossi
March 11, 2010,

CLEVELAND -- Here's a rarity -- the Steelers expressing interest in a lineman released by the Browns.

Agent Ralph Cindrich wrote on his Twitter account that the Steelers have called about Hank Fraley, who was cut by the Browns last week. Cindrich said there is no visit planned as yet.

Fraley would love to end up in Pittsburgh, where his NFL career started. After playing left tackle at Robert Morris College, Fraley was groomed in one week as a center to increase his NFL marketability. The Steelers signed him as an undrafted free agent. He played all four exhibition games but was released at the final cut.

He immediately was signed by Philadelphia, for whom he started at center for several years before joining the Browns.

calmkiller
03-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Hell, Never knew that.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Never knew that as well. How was his overall career? Don't follow much stains football.

NorthCoast
03-11-2010, 10:38 PM
uhh, no thanks to an old center with surgically repaired knees....

Doogie36
03-12-2010, 02:10 AM
Ok just a few questions.

Doest Mike Tomlin and coaching staff sit around and talk a lot??? Watch a lot of film and also talk to our own players??? I believe Mike Tomlin was texting Ryan Clark daily wasnt he while he was traveling to Miami????? I know many of us watch HARD KNOCKS on HBO.....what i notice is all the sitting around these coaches and players do....there is a lot of study time and class room time. Dont you guys think this happens in the off season with at least the coaches?????

Ok with that being said.......imagine this and tell me if maybe this is why we are looking at Fraley.

RING RING: Hey Coach!
TOMLIN: Hey Casey can you come up here a second?
HAMTPON: Sure coach it might take me awhile but i'll stop on up after i eat these big macs.
TOMLIN: Cool, I gotta text RYAN anyway.

KNOCK KNOCK: Hey coach its me
TOMLIN: Come in SNACK ATTACK and have a seat.
Hampton: Whats up coach
TOMLIN: Hey FRALEY came available and we watched some tape on him and he looks like he held you in check last year. What's your take on him????
Hampton: Well coach that guy was really hard to beat and for being smaller then me he sure has some strength and can get off the ball quick.
TOMLIN: Well you face Hartwig in camp and from what you remember who do you think is better?
Hampton: Well ya know i'd honestly say Fraley is slightly better coach and would be an upgrade.
TOMLIN: Thanks Big man and congrats on the big money....Now show up to camp in shape this year.....
Hampton: Come on coach you know I hate doing that crap.......LOL

Ok a bit crazy I know....but we see these guys twice a year, EVERY YEAR.......I think its very possible that our own players could easily tell if FRALEY is an UPGRADE at the Center position........afterall didnt we have Stapleton pencilled in at center in camp last year and now he's gone?? Arent we always saying we need a center?????? Call me crazy!!!!!!!! Oh and we do have a new line coach as well..........maybe just maybe our line coach is saying...hey i want a center.............

Again if I'm sitting here thinking of this stuff, I'm sure our coaching staff is doing the same thing....SINCE it is their job!!!!!!!!!!! We can't pay 20 MILLION DOLLARS at EVERY POSITION but we can still upgrade or add depth cheaper.

I'm loving what our team is doing..........Tomlin and crew are shaking stuff up......Bringing in EL removes the possibility of a sophmore slump for Wallace. His head doesnt have time to get BIG.....he has competition NOW. I look at this as a GOOD thing for HIM as a player and for us as a team.....................

My take!

Chadman
03-12-2010, 02:25 AM
ummmm....okey dokey... :D

Shawn
03-12-2010, 03:59 AM
Doogie did you miss a dose or two? :)