PDA

View Full Version : All Big Ben Case topics moved

costanza2k1
03-11-2010, 12:55 PM
In order to keep the front of the forum 'cleaner' Ben topics have been moved here after discussion with other mods.

viewforum.php?f=6 (http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6)

SteelAbility
03-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks. Bookmarked it with the title "Ben's Debacle." :wink:

cruzer8
03-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks. Now I won't be inclined to bother looking at it. :)

feltdizz
03-11-2010, 04:34 PM
In order to keep the front of the forum 'cleaner' Ben topics have been moved here after discussion with other mods.

Our franchise QB is demoted to a Thing Around the NFL?
Not to upset the mods but IMO this is wrong...

I can understand consolidate them but moving them to clean up the board?

Oh well... :Cheers and :Boobs

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2010, 04:38 PM

Our franchise QB is demoted to a Thing Around the NFL?
Not to upset the mods but IMO this is wrong...

I can understand consolidate them but moving them to clean up the board?

Oh well... :Cheers and :Boobs

Consolidating them was a consideration, but if you look at all of the threads over there, combining them all together would have created an unwieldy uber-thread with over 50 pages and climbing. At least now folks can start new Ben-related threads over in that sub-forum as new news comes out, as opposed to it being swallowed up by one gigantic thread.

flippy
03-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Is this the mods way of collectively agreeing Ben is guilty and no longer a Steeler? Is that why he's getting dumped into some random NFL bucket that no one reads?

SteelAbility
03-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Is this the mods way of collectively agreeing Ben is guilty and no longer a Steeler? Is that why he's getting dumped into some random NFL bucket that no one reads?

Nah. I think it's purely practical. Because we all know, practicality is Ben's way. 8)

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2010, 05:19 PM

Please. No one is presuming him guilty or innocent or anything. If you are interested in following the tabloid he-said, she-said stuff, it is still available to you on a sub-forum (maybe some folks will visit there more often now, eh?). If you are interested in talking about free agency, the draft, and you know, actual football, then that is available to you as well here, where it normally is. We are just making the board more user-friendly for those who are interested in either of those options, instead of having to weed through one to find the other. Spring cleaning, if you will.

flippy
03-11-2010, 05:31 PM

Please. No one is presuming him guilty or innocent or anything. If you are interested in following the tabloid he-said, she-said stuff, it is still available to you on a sub-forum (maybe some folks will visit there more often now, eh?). If you are interested in talking about free agency, the draft, and you know, actual football, then that is available to you as well here, where it normally is. We are just making the board more user-friendly for those who are interested in either of those options, instead of having to weed through one to find the other. Spring cleaning, if you will.

i was just kidding

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2010, 06:51 PM

i was just kidding

You forgot the and markers, then! :wink:

flippy
03-12-2010, 08:40 AM

i was just kidding

I totally typed that with a straight face. I hate how intent gets screwed up in written form most of the time :oops:

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2010, 10:09 AM

i was just kidding

I totally typed that with a straight face. I hate how intent gets screwed up in written form most of the time :oops:

With you, it's doubly confusing, though, flip. You may have a straight face, but the clown makeup you are wearing still projects a devious smile. :wink:

pfelix73
03-12-2010, 12:30 PM
By the way, Ruthless, I love that mock draft you have there.... That's what I've been thinking too. Awesome.

:tt1

RuthlessBurgher
03-12-2010, 01:03 PM
By the way, Ruthless, I love that mock draft you have there.... That's what I've been thinking too. Awesome.

Hey, no copies! :lol:

And since some folks tend to ask about comments concerning mock drafts that are posted in signatures that certain people are not able to read, here is the mock that pfelix (and I) like:

1 CB Joe Haden, Florida
2 ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida
3 DE Alex Carrington, Arkansas State
4 OG John Jerry, Mississippi
5 QB John Skelton, Fordham
5(c) SS Myron Rolle, Florida State
5(c) NT Jay Ross, East Carolina
6 RB Joique Bell, Wayne State
7 OLB Adrian Tracy, William and Mary
7(c) TE Brody Eldridge, Oklahoma

Lebsteel
03-12-2010, 08:01 PM

And since some folks tend to ask about comments concerning mock drafts that are posted in signatures that certain people are not able to read, here is the mock that pfelix (and I) like:

1 CB Joe Haden, Florida
The only problem with your mock is it is missing the names Odrick and Lee :wink:

pfelix73
03-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Haden and Spikes in the top 2 rounds would be awesome. And that QB has potential.

I agree, that I too would like to see Haden run a 'slow' 40.

Like the QB and that ECU kid for obvious reasons. He's a good one- watched him play in many games..Value there in round 5 for him.

AngryAsian
03-13-2010, 09:43 AM

1 CB Joe Haden, Florida

No way Haden free falls that far onto our laps. That would be epic.

birtikidis
03-13-2010, 03:23 PM

1 CB Joe Haden, Florida

what would be amazing is how many players HAVE fallen into our laps. ben, heath, Mendy even sweed (as he was projected 1st rounder)...

RuthlessBurgher
03-13-2010, 05:09 PM

1 CB Joe Haden, Florida

If he runs closer to 4.6 than a 4.4 again at his Pro Day this Wednesday like he did at the combine, then I think it is possible. Hopefully, he did not pay attention to Deion's critique of his stance coming out of the blocks.