PDA

View Full Version : ESPN wants Steelers at Ravens to open season

plainnasty
03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Ravens could host Steelers on opening Monday
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 10, 2010 8:15 PM ET
Get ready for the Ed Garland Bowl.

According to a tweet from radio station WNST, ESPN's Ron Jaworski says that his network has requested Steelers-Ravens for their opening Monday Night Football doubleheader next year. The game would be played in Baltimore.

The Steelers and Ravens have played a handful of classics over the last two years, but they have traditionally come late in the season.

Of course, requesting the game and getting the game isn't the same thing.

Depending on what happens next in Ben Roethlisberger's legal case, the league may not want to showcase a team led by Big Ben or Dennis Dixon on opening weekend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ng-monday/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/10/ravens-could-host-steelers-on-opening-monday/)

I think that it is BS that since the Ravens requested not to play primetime in Pittsburgh, the league had the Steelers play in Baltimore primetime last year and may do it again this year.

SteelerNation1
03-10-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm still thinking Steelers @ Saints to open the season. That is, of course, if Ben gets cleared

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm still thinking Steelers @ Saints to open the season. That is, of course, if Ben gets cleared

this recent allegation could hurt the Steelers' chances to be in the opening season game.

do the networks want to deal with Ben's possible drama or maybe worse yet, the chance of Dennis Dixon starting at QB for us?

SteelerNation1
03-10-2010, 10:13 PM

this recent allegation could hurt the Steelers' chances to be in the opening season game.

do the networks want to deal with Ben's possible drama or maybe worse yet, the chance of Dennis Dixon starting at QB for us?
I hear that. To be honest, I don't want to play that opener against NO. Since they've been playing that thur night opener, I think the home team (defending champ) is unbeaten.

Jigawatts
03-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Is Baltimore still afraid to come to Pittsburgh for a prime time game?

SteelerNation1
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
Is Baltimore still afraid to come to Pittsburgh for a prime time game?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Northern_Blitz
03-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Maybe they like the Big Ben, Lewis lawyer tie in.

Sadly, Ben should try to talk to Ray about ressurecting his image when this is all done. Seems like it's only Steeler fans that remember that Ray might have killed someone.

SteelerNation1
03-11-2010, 12:18 AM
Maybe they like the Big Ben, Lewis lawyer tie in.

Sadly, Ben should try to talk to Ray about ressurecting his image when this is all done. Seems like it's only Steeler fans that remember that Ray killed 2 people.

Fixed that for you! :wink:

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2010, 11:15 AM

The last time we played in Baltimore, Dennis Dixon started for us...and the game went into OT.

Iron Shiek
03-11-2010, 01:28 PM

On the contrary. Ben's issues would make it MORE likely for the Steelers to play in a primetime game. People, including fringe fans and non-football fans will want to see how he bounces back. And I can already see ESPN's coverage dominated by off-field Ben news.

I bet we do get on some form feature game (whether it be Thursday or Monday).

NW Steeler
03-11-2010, 01:35 PM

I'd be willing to bet the opener will be Saints v. Vikes, especially if Favre comes back. I could see Rats/Steelers on ESPN though. Who cares where we play those jerkoffs, it is going to be a war no matter where it is played.