PDA

View Full Version : Ben speaks

JAR
03-10-2010, 06:09 PM
He denies intercourse, said there was consensual sexual contact and after wards she fell and hit her head. KDKA investigative reporter just reported this, as soon as there is a link, I'll post it.

JAR
03-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh and the accuser's sorority sisters have all taken down their myspace and FB pages. Hmmm, wanna bet someone had pictures of the accuser being a little sleezebag?

Dee Dub
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
What??? If this is true then Ben is a real idiot. In light of his pending civil suit and for him to go into a club and put himself in this position is hard to stomach. Again if this is true...then in my opinion Ben has a real big problem.

phillyesq
03-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Oh and the accuser's sorority sisters have all taken down their myspace and FB pages. Hmmm, wanna bet someone had pictures of the accuser being a little sleezebag?

They may have been taken down, but a good forensic computer guy should be able to find those very easily.

JAR
03-10-2010, 06:17 PM
What??? If this is true then Ben is a real idiot. In light of his pending civil suit and for him to go into a club and put himself in this position is hard to stomach. Again if this is true...then in my opinion Ben has a real big problem.

So it may have been a hug and Ben is a criminal in your mind?

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2010, 06:18 PM
He denies intercourse, said there was consensual sexual contact and after wards she fell and hit her head. KDKA investigative reporter just reported this, as soon as there is a link, I'll post it.

you never like to see or hear the word "head" in a sexual assault case... :Binky

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Yes, definitely. She fell and hit her head? :roll: Hmmm.....If this is true, we can only hope that the Steeler brass have sat him down and had a "discussion" with him.

JAR
03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
There are new details today in the sexual assault allegations that Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is facing in Georgia.

The 20-year-old woman making the accusations may have reportedly dropped out of school, according to TMZ.com.

Also, TMZ reported early Wednesday morning that members of her sorority at Georgia College and State University have been asked to remove their Facebook pages and Twitter accounts.

The women have also reportedly been asked to stop wearing the sorority's letters on their clothing until further notice, the TMZ report said.

Roethlisberger has not been charged, and his attorney Ed Garland said in an interview on Tuesday that he predicts the quarterback will emerge from the accusations unscathed.

"We intend to finish this case in a way that neither his liberty nor his future is damaged," Garland said.

http://kdka.com/steelers/Roethlisberger ... 50749.html (http://kdka.com/steelers/Roethlisberger.accuser.sorority.2.1550749.html)

RussBII
03-10-2010, 06:21 PM
He denies intercourse, said there was consensual sexual contact and after wards she fell and hit her head.

Does that strike anyone else as odd? I mean it's totally possible, just odd.

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 06:23 PM

JAR, is that what you really think he meant by sexual contact? I didn't think so. We'll wait and see, maybe it was only a hug, but I think Hawaiian 's emoticon is probably more accurate.

Chadman
03-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Maybe she fell & hit her head because she was drunk?

:stirpot

Dee Dub
03-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Come on man...some sexual contact isnt a hug..and I upset that Ben would ever put himself in this type of situation for a second time. And quite frankly..I see a problem here.

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 06:28 PM

Could very well be the reason. But if it is true that Ben is admitting to consentual sexual contact, then he is already guilty of incredibly bad judgment to accept that kind of "offer" from a young girl in a bar.

JAR
03-10-2010, 06:29 PM

JAR, is that what you really think he meant by sexual contact? I didn't think so. We'll wait and see, maybe it was only a hug, but I think Hawaiian 's emoticon is probably more accurate.

An unwanted hug could be considered sexual assault, as could a simple pat on the butt. We don't know what happened and the people condemning Ben before any fact has even surfaced is just BS. Should Ben be in jail for playing tonsil hockey in a bar?

snarky
03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
This business about her hitting her head is, for me, the most concerning thing so far.

JAR
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

So customers are responsible for the under agers not drinking?

snarky
03-10-2010, 08:03 PM
VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

Customers are responsible for not giving alcoholic beverages that are in their control to people under age.

Say a couple takes their children into a restaurant and orders a bottle fo wine. Should the waiter be responsible for serving minors if the parents pour some wine for their kids?

If a bartender served a beer to Ben and Ben then passed the beer to an under age person, who served the beer illegally? Certainly not the bartender.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-10-2010, 08:06 PM
VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

if ben rented the VIP room, yes.

pictures without that wristband could go a long way in bens favor.

Shawn
03-10-2010, 08:07 PM
VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

Customers are responsible for not giving alcoholic beverages that are in their control to people under age.

Say a couple takes their children into a restaurant and orders a bottle fo wine. Should the waiter be responsible for serving minors if the parents pour some wine for their kids?

If a bartender served a beer to Ben and Ben then passed the beer to an under age person, who served the beer illegally? Certainly not the bartender.

Actually parents are allowed to serve their children alcohol.

Two-thirds of states in the U.S. permit people under the age of 21 to drink alcohol under certain conditions, such as under the supervision of their parents or guardians.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/YouthI ... 04048.html (http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/YouthIssues/20071112204048.html)

Shawn
03-10-2010, 08:10 PM
they should subpoena her and her witnesses cell phone records to see if they texted each other and were searching stuff out on the internet about Ben...could come up with a scenario where they came up with the whole thing through texting.

Good thought.

snarky
03-10-2010, 08:13 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":uou20tub]VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

pictures without that wristband could go a long way in bens favor.[/quote:uou20tub]

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the wristbands would be for people who were of age to drink. My experience with these types of places is that they card everyone and if you are old enough to drink you get a wristband.

If it was the other way around a pair of scissors would substitute for a fake ID.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-10-2010, 08:22 PM
that may be right.

i'm starting to feel a little better about the whole thing.

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Here's what really happened...

While watching the Pitt basketball game at the bar, the reception on the TV goes out briefly and Ben gets ticked off, but this girl comes over and switches around some cables, fixing the TV. Ben gets turned on by this, and the two of them spend a lot of time together from 11:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. in the VIP room. Ultimately, he tells her that he loves her and wants to get married and have kids, and she agrees. Just as they were about to commence in the baby-making process right there in the bar bathroom, she blurts out "but we aren't getting them baptized." This causes Ben to flip out, so he takes her cell phone and throws it against the wall, hitting an innocent paper towel dispenser in the process. Shards of broken phone and paper towel dispenser hit her in the head, injuring her. Ben storms out, telling her that he'd rather go take a leak outside in a bush than in the same bathroom with her. Then Ben sneaks into Santonio's car, take a few doobies, and drives off helmetless on a Hayabusa. The end. :wink:

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
they should subpoena her and her witnesses cell phone records to see if they texted each other and were searching stuff out on the internet about Ben...could come up with a scenario where they came up with the whole thing through texting.
They had to have been using their cell phones to look up his height and weight for sure. As we all know his exact height and weight from Steelers.com was listed on the police report. I could see them guessing 6'5" but there is no way he tips the scales at 241 right now. That doesn't mean they made it all up, but they had to have researched or googled his weight, probably using a cell phone.

BATMAN
03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
I heard on the NFL channel and maybe I heard it wrong: Ben said they had no intercourse and only unconstimated sex. What does that mean, unconstimated sex ? Does that mean she blew and he let go on her clothing ?

The channel also said the Rooney's are in dismay over this. Also if the Rooneys find out he's guilty or maybe if this happens again, he is off the team. NFL channel made that sound like they got that information from a Steeler mole.

I tell you guys, " we might be looking for a new quarterback if this crap doesn't flush pretty quickly. "

JAR
03-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
By Moriah Balingit, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

An attorney for Ben Roethlisberger said Tuesday his firm has assembled a team of investigators to gather information about sexual assault allegations that have been raised by a 20-year-old college student.

But Attorney Edward T.M. Garland said he believes that Mr. Roethlisberger "is absolutely innocent of criminal misconduct."

"The fans and the people that believe in him should be patient. ... The truth will come out," he said Tuesday in a telephone interview. "The investigating authorities are acting in a responsible matter thus far and I believe they are taking their role very seriously."

Nonetheless, he has his own investigators -- some of whom are former law enforcement officials and some of whom are lawyers -- interviewing witnesses and "studying circumstances."

"Any good lawyer needs to look at every fact, every witness and every circumstance to render proper and good legal advice for anyone he represents," he said.

Meanwhile, the woman in the case has hired attorneys David Walbert and Lee Parks of the firm Parks, Chesin & Walbert in Atlanta. They released a statement Tuesday asking the media "to respect her privacy, keep her name out of the press and allow the family space and time to heal."

They said their client "has done the right thing and reported this matter to police. She has been, and will be, available to the authorities to assist them in the criminal investigation."

The woman, a student at Georgia College & State University, told police early Friday morning that Mr. Roethlisberger, 28, sexually assaulted her at a nightclub near the college campus in Milledgeville, Ga. Police at the scene interviewed Mr. Roethlisberger and members of his party and permitted them to leave.

The woman was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was treated and released.

The Post-Gazette does not name accusers in sexual assault cases.

Though Mr. Garland said he had "confidence in the process," he added that, generally speaking, law enforcement can be hasty in bringing charges without merit when the accused is a celebrity. Mr. Garland has represented celebrities before in criminal matters, including Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis, who was accused in 2000 of a double murder in Atlanta. Mr. Lewis pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice and testified against two co-defendants who were later acquitted.

"It's very dangerous for someone of a celebrity status to have even inference of impropriety," he said.

"It's easier for some investigator to bring the charge than it is to simply dismiss it because they might be accused of being influenced by the celebrity status."

"Therefore, sometimes they proceed with cases that simply should have been closed without merit in order to avoid the claim that the case was dismissed because the person was famous, rich, had a fancy attorney."

Mr. Garland declined to say what his firm's investigation entailed, saying only that his investigators were interviewing witnesses.

"I hope they're not following in (law enforcement's) footsteps, but are ahead of them," he said, when asked if the investigators he had hired would be interviewing the same witnesses police did.

And he added that the fact that his client is a high-profile athlete might make witnesses unreliable.

"Witnesses come out of the woodwork ... they are motivated by a desire to get in front of the camera," he said. "Evidence is therefore very unreliable."

He said Mr. Roethlisberger was not in Georgia on Tuesday, but would not say where he was or when he might be interviewed by police.

Milledgeville police Chief Woodrow W. Blue Jr. said at a news conference Monday that Mr. Roethlisberger and seven other witnesses will be interviewed in the next two to three days. Chief Blue also said police planned to obtain DNA samples as part of their investigation.

Mr. Garland declined to comment on specifics of the police investigation.

"We are cooperating with law enforcement's investigation," he said.

Also Tuesday, KDKA-TV reported that Mr. Roethlisberger was accompanied by two police officers -- a Coraopolis police officer and a Pennsylvania state trooper stationed at the Washington barracks -- early Friday morning. The Pennsylvania State Police confirmed Tuesday that a trooper had been working for Mr. Roethlisberger as a personal assistant, but said that police in Milledgeville had not contacted them to interview the trooper, KDKA reported.

Read more: http://post-gazette.com/pg/10069/104153 ... z0hpDWewoD (http://post-gazette.com/pg/10069/1041537-66.stm#ixzz0hpDWewoD)

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 08:56 PM
I heard on the NFL channel and maybe I heard it wrong: Ben said they had no intercourse and only unconstimated sex. What does that mean, unconstimated sex ? Does that mean she blew and he let go on her clothing ?

The channel also said the Rooney's are in dismay over this. Also if the Rooneys find out he's guilty or maybe if this happens again, he is off the team. NFL channel made that sound like they got that information from a Steeler mole.

I tell you guys, " we might be looking for a new quarterback if this crap doesn't flush pretty quickly. "
It is consummate, which in the sexual usage applies to the first time a married couple has intercourse as in "consummating the marriage." Not really an appropriate term in Ben's case.

BATMAN
03-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Thank you. I know what it means, just not how to spell it obviously. Anyway, what if Ben does know the true meaning, what could he mean by saying that ?

Shawn
03-10-2010, 09:07 PM

Unconsummated sex would merely mean sex that wasn't completed so I'm not sure that Ben used proper wording. I would think that unconsummated sex in this instance would refer to intercourse but were interupted before climax. How can you start sex but not finish...without intercourse? The only other possibility is if he meant they agreed to have sex...went to the bathroom but didn't go through with it. Making out...went to the bathroom to go at it and got interrupted? That seems more feasible.

feltdizz
03-10-2010, 09:12 PM

If a hug is sexual assault I have committed some horrendous acts in my lifetime. Like thousands..

I'm curious how this chick fell... at 20 years of age and bar hopping with Ben this is not good at all.

ghettoscott
03-10-2010, 09:14 PM
thanks for posting. I have been living off this website for the last few days....

feltdizz
03-10-2010, 09:16 PM

Unconsummated sex would merely mean sex that wasn't completed so I'm not sure that Ben used proper wording. I would think that unconsummated sex in this instance would refer to intercourse but were interupted before climax. How can you start sex but not finish...without intercourse? The only other possibility is if he meant they agreed to have sex...went to the bathroom but didn't go through with it. Making out...went to the bathroom to go at it and got interrupted? That seems more feasible.

could someone walking in cause Ben to do the "b#$$# get off me, I don't know you!" push?

This could make her feel used and abused. She probably has the DNA and bruises to prove it too. The hitting of the head is really bad.

Like I have been saying, regardless of guilt Ben is an idiot for having public unconsummated sex with a 20 year old in a small town bar. I think unless he pays he is done.

stlrz d
03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":1g26lk9w]VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the wristbands would be for people who were of age to drink. My experience with these types of places is that they card everyone and if you are old enough to drink you get a wristband.

If it was the other way around a pair of scissors would substitute for a fake ID.[/quote:1g26lk9w]

I read a story that said wristbands are on the underaged patrons.

About 8 years ago I was in Peachtree City, GA for a seminar. We went to a bar in Buckhead that allowed people under 21 in the bar. They wore the wristbands.

~~~

I find it interesting that people here are so ready to believe her story but Ben's story is all BS.

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 09:24 PM
[quote=JAR][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":1opy6815]VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

If it was the other way around a pair of scissors would substitute for a fake ID.[/quote:1opy6815]

About 8 years ago I was in Peachtree City, GA for a seminar. We went to a bar in Buckhead that allowed people under 21 in the bar. They wore the wristbands.

~~~

I find it interesting that people here are so ready to believe her story but Ben's story is all BS.[/quote:1opy6815]
Those of legal drinking age should be wearing the wristband. It is a quick way to be ID'd by the bartender and tells them that they have been checked at the door and are legal.

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2010, 09:38 PM
the investigators don't have to bother asking Willie Colon any questions, he doesn't know anything... :roll:

Agent: Colon didn't witness alleged assault

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 10, 2010

The agent for Steelers tackle Willie Colon says his client was with Ben Roethlisberger last week, but not at the time when the quarterback admittedly engaged in "sexual conduct" with the woman alleging he assaulted her.

"Willie, although he was in the building, had no knowledge of the incident and his name
should not be brought up about this incident again," Linta said. "The first knowledge he had was when he was stopped when leaving the place to be asked some questions."

It's unclear if Colon will be interviewed again by police.

eniparadoxgma
03-10-2010, 09:50 PM

While watching the Pitt basketball game at the bar, the reception on the TV goes out briefly and Ben gets ticked off, but this girl comes over and switches around some cables, fixing the TV. Ben gets turned on by this, and the two of them spend a lot of time together from 11:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. in the VIP room. Ultimately, he tells her that he loves her and wants to get married and have kids, and she agrees. Just as they were about to commence in the baby-making process right there in the bar bathroom, she blurts out "but we aren't getting them baptized." This causes Ben to flip out, so he takes her cell phone and throws it against the wall, hitting an innocent paper towel dispenser in the process. Shards of broken phone and paper towel dispenser hit her in the head, injuring her. Ben storms out, telling her that he'd rather go take a leak outside in a bush than in the same bathroom with her. Then Ben sneaks into Santonio's car, take a few doobies, and drives off helmetless on a Hayabusa. The end. :wink:

:Bow :Beer :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

StarSpangledSteeler
03-10-2010, 09:58 PM

That's exactly what i was thinking/hoping. Blood tests could prove she was drunk. You know Ben's lawyers will try to defame her character. He can probably win this, but the head bump thing can't be a positive detail.

StarSpangledSteeler
03-10-2010, 10:00 PM
This business about her hitting her head is, for me, the most concerning thing so far.

there aren't too many other reasons for going to a bar other than drinking.

True, but my point is that if she is claiming assault, then the fact that she apparently has evidence of an injury to the head is not a good thing.

agreed.

stlrz d
03-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Those of legal drinking age should be wearing the wristband. It is a quick way to be ID'd by the bartender and tells them that they have been checked at the door and are legal.

I think it would work either way.

At any rate, for all the years I tended bar I always checked anyone I suspected of being under 21...even if there were guys working the door.

snarky
03-10-2010, 10:31 PM
This is completely off topic but sorta funny

There was a bar in Montreal that had some sort of "Drink until you pee" thing going. You paid $5 to get in and they gave you a wristband. You had to have your wristband cut in order to get back to the bathrooms.

stlrz d
03-10-2010, 10:37 PM
This is completely off topic but sorta funny

There was a bar in Montreal that had some sort of "Drink until you pee" thing going. You paid $5 to get in and they gave you a wristband. You had to have your wristband cut in order to get back to the bathrooms.

I've worked at places that did that kind of thing.

Also, drinks are free but every time someone goes to the bathroom they go up .25 or .50. Talk about pressure...both bladder AND peer! :lol:

NC Steeler Fan
03-10-2010, 10:47 PM
I can see the new painting hanging a Heinz Field now...

The hand of God (Rooney) reaching down through the clouds to banish Ben (Adam) and
some bar fly (Eve) from the Garden of Eden (Heinz Field). Sigh...

Sorry, but no matter what he did or didn't do with this girl, just hanging out at a local bar with a bunch of women while the sexual assault, rape, whatever, case pending proves to me he is a brainless dumbasc off the field, period.

And, he's hired moron bodyguards if they'd let him get intimate with some strange
at a bar under those circumstances.

Glad I don't have kids who would be wearing his jersey...

papillon
03-10-2010, 11:10 PM
The accusation is SEXUAL ASSAULT, not ASSAULT.

So, unless he 'forced' her and in the process she hurt her head, the bump on the head should be incidental.

So, let's say she has a bump or scratch on her head (Ben's got to think along those lines if he claims she fell), how do you prove that the wound is a result of the sexual assault?

Ben's lawyers comments about 'sexual manipulation' makes more sense here-

Ben most likely recieved a BJ from said unnamed accuser. If Ben had repeatedly supplied her with drinks, can that be 'sexual manipulation'? Or did he promise her a life less ordinary? If no blood alcohol test was performed on her (remember Woodrow Blue said he had no idea if it had), can they prove she was drunk? Probably not. If Ben offered her the world in exchange for 'relations', can that be proven?

Starting to wonder now if she just never consented to swallowing... :D

You mean there are women that don't swallow? :?

Pappy

papillon
03-10-2010, 11:20 PM
[quote=JAR][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":fohtchy5]VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

If it was the other way around a pair of scissors would substitute for a fake ID.[/quote:fohtchy5]

~~~

I find it interesting that people here are so ready to believe her story but Ben's story is all BS.[/quote:fohtchy5]

stlrz d, Ben has admitted having some type of sexual contact with her, just not intercourse. He's guilty of bad judgment at best and sexual assault at worst, either way, it's bad judgment. If she has a knot on her head, regardless of how she obtained it, it won't be good for Ben, because, she's already said that he assaulted her.

I don't believe either side of this story at this point and I do believe that Ben has exercised poor judgment (again).

Pappy

papillon
03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
the investigators don't have to bother asking Willie Colon any questions, he doesn't know anything... :roll:

The agent for Steelers tackle Willie Colon says his client was with Ben Roethlisberger last week, but not at the time when the quarterback admittedly engaged in "sexual conduct" with the woman alleging he assaulted her.

"Willie, although he was in the building, had no knowledge of the incident and his name
should not be brought up about this incident again," Linta said. "The first knowledge he had was when he was stopped when leaving the place to be asked some questions."

I don't blame him for wanting to stay out of the whole ordeal. He was there having a good time and now he could get embroiled in controversy. I'd pull out my best Sergeant Schultz imitation..."I know nothing!"

:D

Pappy

feltdizz
03-10-2010, 11:29 PM

I don't blame him for wanting to stay out of the whole ordeal. He was there having a good time and now he could get embroiled in controversy. I'd pull out my best Sergeant Schultz imitation..."I know nothing!"

Pappy
:Cheers to you

You can't cosign what you didn't see.

papillon
03-10-2010, 11:34 PM

Pappy
:Cheers to you

You can't cosign what you didn't see.

He probably called or texted his agent and the agent said, "stay the hell out of the whole thing, regardless of your feelings for Ben".

Pappy

Shawn
03-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah with the facts we have right now...I'm with Pappy it's time to settle. As soon as there are marks and admission of sexual contact...a case becomes alot more complicated to defend.

stlrz d
03-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Yeah with the facts we have right now...I'm with Pappy it's time to settle. As soon as there are marks and admission of sexual contact...a case becomes alot more complicated to defend.

Do you really think he made his statement without the ok from his attorneys?

papillon
03-11-2010, 12:08 AM

He said it whether his attorney vetted it or not doesn't matter. He's admitted publicly that there was sexual contact, but no intercourse. That could be a hug, a kiss, a feel, digital penetration, oral sex or a host of other sexual activities that don't involve the vagina. If this woman happens to have some type of contusion on her head and after alleging sexual assault and Ben admitting one of the acts listed above, I'd say he has some splainin to do.

Pappy

stlrz d
03-11-2010, 12:16 AM

He said it whether his attorney vetted it or not doesn't matter. He's admitted publicly that there was sexual contact, but no intercourse. That could be a hug, a kiss, a feel, digital penetration, oral sex or a host of other sexual activities that don't involve the vagina. If this woman happens to have some type of contusion on her head and after alleging sexual assault and Ben admitting one of the acts listed above, I'd say he has some splainin to do.

Pappy

Big shot lawyers don't get to be big shot lawyers by making foolish mistakes.

There's a reason his attorneys gave him the ok to do this. It'll come out soon enough.

papillon
03-11-2010, 12:19 AM
[quote=Shawn]Yeah with the facts we have right now...I'm with Pappy it's time to settle. As soon as there are marks and admission of sexual contact...a case becomes alot more complicated to defend.

Pappy

Big shot lawyers don't get to be big shot lawyers by making foolish mistakes.

There's a reason his attorneys gave him the ok to do this. It'll come out soon enough.[/quote:2civoj3u]

I hope you're right and Ben didn't do anything untoward. What this really sounds like is the old Bill Clinton line..."I didn't have sexual relations with that woman...Ms. Lewinsky" and then he proceeds to try and convince the American people that dropping baby batter on her dress isn't sex.

Pappy

phillyesq
03-11-2010, 12:26 AM
As a disclaimer, I should first say that I've never handled a criminal case, and never plan to.

The information we have is very incomplete. What we know is that some sort of non-intercourse sexual act occurred. Whether or not there was consent before anything started, the girl clearly had regrets afterward. This will become a he-said she-said. Further complicating matters will be the rules regarding character evidence. If Ben trys to claim good character, it opens the door to a whole host of issues, including the McNulty case. There are also rules in some jurisdiction (no idea what the law is in GA) limiting the type of character evidence that can be introduced against a victim of an alleged sexual assault. For example, if there is evidence that the girl is promiscuous, that can't be introduced. To the extent that the rules allow you to attack the credibility of a victim of an alleged assault, doing so is a dangerous tactic. You risk alienating the jury if you beat up on the victim, especially if you beat up on a 20 year old southern belle in GA.

Bottom line, Ben may be completely innocent. Even if he is, rolling the dice with a jury will be a very risky proposition. He is already racking up huge legal fees, especially with the investigators his lawyer is sending out. He needs to hope that his lawyer can prevent charges from being brought. If he can settle the matter and make it go away, he needs to do that asap.

BradshawsHairdresser
03-11-2010, 12:30 AM
http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisbe ... 52133.html (http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberger.allegations.2.1552133.html)

Doesn't sound good.

NJ-STEELER
03-11-2010, 12:32 AM
the no intercourse is great news for ben if it's true.

jerking the photos surely means she was drinking.

and or pictures of her hanging all over other guys.

c'mon sorority girls would never do that :P

NJ-STEELER
03-11-2010, 12:46 AM
[quote=JAR][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":1801n865]VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

If it was the other way around a pair of scissors would substitute for a fake ID.[/quote:1801n865]

~~~

I find it interesting that people here are so ready to believe her story but Ben's story is all BS.[/quote:1801n865]

i've seen it both ways.

when the underagers ahve the wristbands, the bar keeps their driver's licenses. if they come back with a band not intact, they dont get their license back

NJ-STEELER
03-11-2010, 12:53 AM

So, unless he 'forced' her and in the process she hurt her head, the bump on the head should be incidental.

So, let's say she has a bump or scratch on her head (Ben's got to think along those lines if he claims she fell), how do you prove that the wound is a result of the sexual assault?

Ben most likely recieved a BJ from said unnamed accuser. If Ben had repeatedly supplied her with drinks, can that be 'sexual manipulation'? Or did he promise her a life less ordinary? If no blood alcohol test was performed on her (remember Woodrow Blue said he had no idea if it had), can they prove she was drunk? Probably not. If Ben offered her the world in exchange for 'relations', can that be proven?

Pappy

yes, they're called wives

papillon
03-11-2010, 01:02 AM

Pappy

Now, that's funny right there and I don't care who ya are. :Bow :Bow

Pappy

Starlifter
03-11-2010, 01:15 AM
I don't know what happened, i wasn't there and I'm gonna let the police sort it out. All I know is last year I got a speeding ticket. Since then I have to say i'm keeping it under 65. That's just to save me a couple hundred bucks. If I was falsely accused of sexual assault, I'm pretty sure I would turn into the greatest PS3 or XBOX player in the world. That our QB is admittedly drinking and mixing it up with chicks under 21 is troubling....

Starlifter
03-11-2010, 01:20 AM
does anyone else find it hypocritical that the post doesn't name accusers in sexual harassment cases - but has no issues naming the accused?

Chadman
03-11-2010, 01:21 AM

Pappy

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2010, 01:33 AM

Pappy

:Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap :Clap

the reason why brides smile so much at their own weddings is because they know that is the last time they will ever need to swallow again... :D

SteelAbility
03-11-2010, 08:54 AM

Sounds like a good idea to help get at the bottom of things.

SteelAbility
03-11-2010, 08:58 AM
[quote=JAR][quote="Eddie Spaghetti":4klb25oz]VIP room.

bottles can be sent in.

If it was the other way around a pair of scissors would substitute for a fake ID.[/quote:4klb25oz]

~~~

I find it interesting that people here are so ready to believe her story but Ben's story is all BS.[/quote:4klb25oz]

The truth of the matter is that this is he-said/she-said right now and both stories seem credible on the surface.

JAR
03-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Ben sure wants to defend himself in both of these cases. I feel that if there was any wrong doing Ben Ben in either one he would just say here's 500K now go away. A payoff would make him look guilty though, but it would all be over and soon forgotten.

Why is Ben fighting so hard to prove his innocence? Is it because he is? A payoff by a multimillionaire would be so much easier.

ANPSTEEL
03-11-2010, 10:28 AM

:Bow :Beer :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

:Bow :Bow :Bow

:lol: :lol:

that, my friend, is priceless.

nicely done.

Jooser
03-11-2010, 10:31 AM
More from NFL.com

Report: Roethlisberger told police he didn't have sex with accuser

NFL.com Wire Reports

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger told Milledgeville, Ga., police and people in his party that he didn't have intercourse with the 20-year-old woman who has accused him of sexual assault, Pittsburgh television station KDKA reported Wednesday, citing sources.

According to KDKA, Roethlisberger admitted last Friday -- the day of the alleged incident -- to having contact with the woman at the Capital City nightclub, but he said it wasn't consummated. Afterward, the woman slipped and fell, injuring her head, Roethelisberger told police, according to sources.

The woman went to a local hospital, where she was treated and released, Deputy Police Chief Richard Malone said last weekend.

Authorities are still investigating the matter, and Roethlisberger hasn't been charged. He's cooperating with authorities, and police have said they expect to interview the quarterback again in the next several days. Police plan to take a DNA sample from Roethlisberger, but KDKA reported that the quarterback's attorney, Ed Garland, hasn't agreed to it.

Garland has said Roethlisberger is innocent of any crime and that no sexual assault occurred. Two Atlanta-based attorneys for the woman who accused Roethlisberger have said that she did the right thing and asked for her family's privacy.

Steelers offensive tackle Willie Colon was with Roethlisberger at the nightclub, but he didn't witness anything, his agent said Wednesday. Joe Linta told The Associated Press that Colon was on the dance floor and not close by when Roethlisberger allegedly sexually assaulted the woman.

"Willie, although he was in the building, had no knowledge of the incident, and his name should not be brought up about this incident again," Linta said. "The first knowledge he had was when he was stopped when leaving the place to be asked some questions."

Colon was part of a group of Roethlisberger's friends who went to Milledgeville to celebrate the quarterback's 28th birthday.

Two off-duty Pennsylvania law enforcement officers also were with Roethlisberger, but they didn't see anything inappropriate, according to a lawyer for one of the men.

Pennsylvania attorney Michael Santicola represents Anthony Barravecchio, an officer on the force in the Pittsburgh suburb of Coraopolis, but he said Pennsylvania Trooper Ed Joyner also is a longtime friend. Santicola, who's based in western Pennsylvania, said both officers are cooperating fully with the investigation.
Alarming development
Ben Roethlisberger isn't guilty of a crime, but a lot can't be ignored since he has been down this road before with accusations, Vic Carucci writes.
More ...

"They saw nothing inappropriate, no criminal activity and no inappropriate contact or behavior," said Santicola, who added that Barravecchio was "completely sober" during the evening.

Santicola also said the officers don't remember meeting Roethlisberger's accuser.

"If they did meet the woman, they have no memory of it," Santicola said. "This was a crowded bar with people everywhere."

Roethlisberger, who owns a home about 30 miles north of Milledgeville on Lake Oconee, also is being sued by a woman who claims that he raped her in 2008 at a hotel-casino in Lake Tahoe -- an allegation he strongly denies. It is a civil matter as no criminal charges were filed.

flippy
03-11-2010, 10:42 AM
If she hit her head and got hurt and Ben knew about it (during the un-consumated sexual act), why didn't he or someone in his party help her?

That's the oddest part to me and makes me think there must have been some wrong done here.

Most people would have tried to help if no wrong was done.

Ghost
03-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I was listening to Roger Cossack (legal analyst for ESPN) the other day and he said in his entire career (35 to 40 years) that Ben's lawyer was one of the top 5 he'd ever met. He also specifically mentioned Garland's firm as having as good a team of investigators as any law firm in the entire country. Ben is certainly in good hands.

Shawn
03-11-2010, 11:03 AM
If she hit her head and got hurt and Ben knew about it (during the un-consumated sexual act), why didn't he or someone in his party help her?

That's the oddest part to me and makes me think there must have been some wrong done here.

Ehh that isn't so odd to me. I mean if the girl fell hit her head and lost consciousness then you have a point. If she were bleeding profusely from the head I would also agree. But, likely she had a little bump on the noggin' and a bruise to her ego. If she is alert, able to ambulate and not bleeding profusely there is little the public can do for this girl.

I speculate that one of two things happened...she performed oral sex in the bathroom...he said something ignorant or ignored her afterwards. That coupled with the bump to the head...which he possibly ignored pissed her off. She decided well I'll show Mr Big Shot. Or, she knew what she was doing...lured him into the bathroom to "collect DNA" and shot off to the hospital. Who knows...the bump on the head could have been her doing...purposeful to show some more physical evidence. It wouldn't be the first time in human history that a woman has harmed herself to frame a man.

What I do know...is this girl didn't go to the bathroom with Ben to have a quilting party. She knew the deal. If you go into a bathroom with a man under your own free will that suggests a certain amount of permission. If it was indeed oral sex. Did Ben hold a gun to her head? Did he drag the "poor girl" into the BR and beat her until she performed services? I need more information but none of this is adding up to a sexual assault in my mind.

plainnasty
03-11-2010, 11:23 AM

My understanding is that Ben's statements where made to the police officer on the night of the incident.

Jom112
03-11-2010, 11:32 AM

That is very odd, especially considering Willie Colon's comments that he knew nothing occurred until the Cops showed up to the bar later to question Ben.

If I was just in the bathroom of a bar and a girl that was giving me head a minute ago, who fell and hit her head, I would probably say something to someone. Although it probably is smart of Colon to just stay out of it.

BTW, I think I'm going to be tickets to the next Steelers/Bengals game in Heinz field, so I can hold up a sign that reads "Wave a Yellow Flag if you think Ben did it".

Too soon? :lol:

phillyesq
03-11-2010, 12:14 PM

That is very odd, especially considering Willie Colon's comments that he knew nothing occurred until the Cops showed up to the bar later to question Ben.

If I was just in the bathroom of a bar and a girl that was giving me head a minute ago, who fell and hit her head, I would probably say something to someone. Although it probably is smart of Colon to just stay out of it.

BTW, I think I'm going to be tickets to the next Steelers/Bengals game in Heinz field, so I can hold up a sign that reads "Wave a Yellow Flag if you think Ben did it".

I hate to do it, but I have to give you credit there. Well played sir.

feltdizz
03-11-2010, 12:19 PM

If I'm Willie Colon I go Sammy Sosa on this... "I don't know english, I don't know nothing"

When any guy is accused of sexual assault 2 times (I know, I know... no charges filed yet)
but when a guy is accused 2 times of sexual wrong doing I don't see how anyone can defend him regardless of the facts. Even if he is innocent in both cases, the fact he is getting a BJ or Hand J in a public bathroom while under a cloud of suspicion is proof enough the guy is reckless.

That goes for any guy.... add 100 million and fame into the scenario and it's a wrap.

feltdizz
03-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Ben sure wants to defend himself in both of these cases. I feel that if there was any wrong doing Ben Ben in either one he would just say here's 500K now go away. A payoff would make him look guilty though, but it would all be over and soon forgotten.

Why is Ben fighting so hard to prove his innocence? Is it because he is? A payoff by a multimillionaire would be so much easier.

Unfortunately...Ben is head strong. Ben would rather fight for his innocence then admit questionable behavior. Does Ben think what he did was OK? I don't think it is...

This case brings the McNulty case back from the dead...

snarky
03-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Credit where it's due, that was damn funny. I'm waiting to see a "Why don't the Steelers have cheerleaders" joke somewhere.

SteelAbility
03-11-2010, 02:40 PM

Unfortunately...Ben is head strong. Ben would rather fight for his innocence then admit questionable behavior. Does Ben think what he did was OK? I don't think it is...

Exactly. But since we question Ben's judgment we're just Ben haters. :roll:

The truth is that both incidences are strengthening each other in the public opinion. Since public opinion ultimately ripples over to juries (being made up of the public) this does not bode well at all.

Shawn
03-11-2010, 03:13 PM

The truth is that both incidences are strengthening each other in the public opinion. Since public opinion ultimately ripples over to juries (being made up of the public) this does not bode well at all.

I haven't read anyone call those who think he had a lapse of judgement haters. I do think the chicken littles who jumped to conclusions of guilt and promoted death by electric chair are haters. Or at the very least they are reactive and emotional.

I wanted more facts before I judged anything. Being at a bar with friends/bodyguards some of who are police officers isn't in itself showing poor judgement. Going into a restroom for a quicky...is certainly poor judgement. It's borderline moronic considering pending litigation. But, again I am not sure he is guilty of a crime. I will again wait for the facts until I judge.

Northern_Blitz
03-11-2010, 03:50 PM

Credit where it's due, that was damn funny. I'm waiting to see a "Why don't the Steelers have cheerleaders" joke somewhere.

If the DNA matches, I'll be making / waiting for the "Ben still doesn't wear a helmet" jokes.

SteelAbility
03-11-2010, 05:31 PM

I haven't read anyone call those who think he had a lapse of judgement haters. I do think the chicken littles who jumped to conclusions of guilt and promoted death by electric chair are haters. Or at the very least they are reactive and emotional.

I wanted more facts before I judged anything. Being at a bar with friends/bodyguards some of who are police officers isn't in itself showing poor judgement. Going into a restroom for a quicky...is certainly poor judgement. It's borderline moronic considering pending litigation. But, again I am not sure he is guilty of a crime. I will again wait for the facts until I judge.

Ok, well, haters is probably a strong word. Stand corrected. However, there has been a very negative tone towards those who have questioned Ben's judgment by some.

Yeah, I tried to make that point to no apparent avail. Glad someone else in here has some sense of reason.

Shawn
03-11-2010, 05:50 PM

Ok, well, haters is probably a strong word. Stand corrected. However, there has been a very negative tone towards those who have questioned Ben's judgment by some.

Yeah, I tried to make that point to no apparent avail. Glad someone else in here has some sense of reason.

I don't know of anyone defending that action. Several of us were saying we don't know the details. Lets hear the details before rushing to judgement.

feltdizz
03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I like rushing to judgment. This is the second time... there is nothing wrong with discussing judgment when its a second time.

I questioned Ben in the first accusation as well because it's a Hotel employee. You would think after Kobe athletes would learn. Does a guy really think he can bang a hotel employee when he makes millions and just go back to sleep? How many people on this board have gone to a hotel, post office, restaurant or movie theatre and knocked off an employee?

When a Steeler does some stupid sh#t I ask questions and speculate..as the facts come out I adjust my speculations.

Telling people to wait on the facts is like telling people to wait for the draft and stop throwing up mock drafts.

Shawn
03-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I like rushing to judgment. This is the second time... there is nothing wrong with discussing judgment when its a second time.

Obviously...to the liking to rush to judgement comment

I questioned Ben in the first accusation as well because it's a Hotel employee. You would think after Kobe athletes would learn. Does a guy really think he can bang a hotel employee when he makes millions and just go back to sleep? How many people on this board have gone to a hotel, post office, restaurant or movie theatre and knocked off an employee?

Kobe was married...Ben wasn't. And in my single days...I would have seen no issue with going to any of those places to find a woman. Maybe I'm just a pervert.

Telling people to wait on the facts is like telling people to wait for the draft and stop throwing up mock drafts.

Telling people to wait on facts is the adult thing to do. To do what many are doing...judging without fact is something tabloids do. It's certainly not fan like. It's definitely not masculine. Y'all sound like a bunch of gossipy hens to me.

feltdizz
03-11-2010, 07:51 PM

Kobe was married...Ben wasn't. And in my single days...I would have seen no issue with going to any of those places to find a woman. Maybe I'm just a pervert.

Telling people to wait on facts is the adult thing to do. To do what many are doing...judging without fact is something tabloids do. It's certainly not fan like. It's definitely not masculine. Y'all sound like a bunch of gossipy hens to me.

It's a comment board, You are on here too you know? :HeadBanger

The adult things to do? That one is too easy....

kindlecatsb'ng
03-11-2010, 08:05 PM
"Telling people to wait on facts is the adult thing to do. To do what many are doing...judging without fact is something tabloids do. It's certainly not fan like. It's definitely not masculine. Y'all sound like a bunch of gossipy hens to me."

:Blah :stirpot You made a funny here when it has been more of the banty roosters on here with a lot of opinions with this Ben thing than us Steeler hens!

(PS: Before you say it, I ackowledge my previous posts earlier this week on said topic.)

Shawn
03-11-2010, 08:12 PM

I'm not saying a "comment board" is juvenille. I'm saying gossiping like women is. Generally, men wait for facts about situations...well at least the men I know and hang out with.

Shawn
03-11-2010, 08:13 PM
"Telling people to wait on facts is the adult thing to do. To do what many are doing...judging without fact is something tabloids do. It's certainly not fan like. It's definitely not masculine. Y'all sound like a bunch of gossipy hens to me."

:Blah :stirpot You made a funny here when it has been more of the banty roosters on here with a lot of opinions with this Ben thing than us Steeler hens!

(PS: Before you say it, I ackowledge my previous posts earlier this week on said topic.)

Actually, the female fans have been a little more level headed about this situation.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-11-2010, 09:52 PM
people on the internet telling other people on the internet how to act will never not be funny.

eniparadoxgma
03-11-2010, 10:49 PM
people on the internet telling other people on the internet how to act will never not be funny.

An oldie but a goodie:

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/6083/dutycalls.png (http://img52.imageshack.us/i/dutycalls.png/)

NJ-STEELER
03-11-2010, 11:03 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Two off-duty Pennsylvania law enforcement officers were with Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger at the Georgia nightclub where a woman accused him of sexual assault, and the two men didn't see anything inappropriate, an attorney for one of them said Wednesday.

Channel 11 News reporter Alan Jennings interviewed attorney Michael Santicola, who is representing Anthony Barravecchio, an officer on the force in the Pittsburgh suburb of Coraopolis.

Barravecchio and State Police Trooper Ed Joyner were among eight people with Roethlisberger celebrating his birthday at the Milledgeville, Ga., club where the alleged sexual assault took place.

Sources close to the investigation told Jennings that Roethlisberger told police his accuser -time Super Bowl winner.
fell and hit her head in the club. According to the source, Roethlisberger said what occurred was consensual but it was not intercourse.

Jennings later learned that the accuser appeared to be heavily intoxicated, but Roethlisberger reportedly didn't buy or give her a single drink.

Jennings was told the woman, a 20-year-old Georgia college student, bought her own drinks and that her apparent intoxication may have caused her to fall.

According to Channel 11 sources, not a single witness said the accuser asked for help.

"Honestly, this is not lining up with someone who has been sexually assaulted," said Santicola.

Police did question Roethlisberger about the night in question last week, but never asked to talk to any member of his eight-person entourage, Jennings said.

Barravecchio's lawyer told Jennings on camera that his client told him, "I do know unequivocally that no criminal activity took place from Tony's perspective and everything else we know that absolutely these allegations are not true."

Santicola told Jennings his client has not been questioned by Georgia authorities, which is a red flag, in his opinion. If his client is asked to give a statement, he said it would be given freely.

"From a criminal defense stand point it certainly seems like a weak case to me. I do not believe this is the kind of case that would have any chance of success," Santicola said.

feltdizz
03-12-2010, 12:26 AM

I'm not saying a "comment board" is juvenille. I'm saying gossiping like women is. Generally, men wait for facts about situations...well at least the men I know and hang out with.

seriously?