PDA

View Full Version : Interesting….

Dee Dub
03-10-2010, 12:12 PM
"A picture taken of Roethlisberger -- wearing a shirt emblazoned with the devil on the night he was accused of sexually assaulting a 20-year old college student last week in Milledgeville, Ga. -- spoke a thousand words."

"It was in stark contrast to the image Roethlisberger portrayed upon joining the Steelers as the No. 11 pick in the 2004 draft -- one of a humble young man from a good Midwestern family who points skyward after touchdown passes as a way of honoring his maker."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 70708.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_670708.html)

Jom112
03-10-2010, 12:18 PM
This story reminds me of Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic.

Remember how he came out of High School as this super religious kid? Then a couple of years later he got a Cheerleader pregnant and was getting sued for Child support?

Not the same as just wearing a T-Shirt, but what might be true coming into a professional career, changes when you have tons of girls and money being thrown at you...

feltdizz
03-10-2010, 12:34 PM

Remember how he came out of High School as this super religious kid? Then a couple of years later he got a Cheerleader pregnant and was getting sued for Child support?

Not the same as just wearing a T-Shirt, but what might be true coming into a professional career, changes when you have tons of girls and money being thrown at you...

Like B.I.G. said... More Money, More Problems
Life is funny like that... a game you love turns into a game worth billions and it comes with a ton of pressure and temptation.

That life isn't as easy as we think.

cruzer8
03-10-2010, 12:56 PM
Wow. Isnt' there a thread on his friggin' shirt already???

Dee Dub
03-10-2010, 01:07 PM

Yes...but I found it interesting to read what Harris said and thought it deserves it's own thread. It isnt anything to get all upset about. Worked up over...ya know. :wink:

feltdizz
03-10-2010, 01:23 PM

Yes...but I found it interesting to read what Harris said and thought it deserves it's own thread. It isnt anything to get all upset about. Worked up over...ya know. :wink:

cruzer likes to go around the Ben threads reminding people he doesn't care.

kinda like the crazy ex who keeps showing up at the club or dinner in slippers talking about how she is so over you...

I'm joking cruzer :Cheers

Djfan
03-10-2010, 01:26 PM
kinda like the crazy ex who keeps showing up at the club or dinner in slippers talking about how she is so over you...

Sounds like experience talking here .....

feltdizz
03-10-2010, 01:40 PM

Sounds like experience talking here .....

nope...

but I went to college with a guy who looked for the prettiest girl with the lowest self esteem every time we went out. These chicks would always cheat, always lie, always cry, always show up unannounced at 3AM...

and when word got out about them hooking up there was always 5 to 6 guys who had similar experiences.

McNutty had crazy written all over her face.

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2010, 02:15 PM
I believe the ritual of Ben pointing to the sky after TD passes has to do with his dead mother.

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 02:43 PM
I believe the ritual of Ben pointing to the sky after TD passes has to do with his dead mother.
Then, why is he pointing to the sky? He believes she is somewhere, right? Never mind, it is a rhetorical question (for most, I guess).

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Then, why is he pointing to the sky? He believes she is somewhere, right? Never mind, it is a rhetorical question (for most, I guess).

I'm not saying he's not a Christian...after all, he was disciplined by the league for writing "PFJ" (Play For Jesus) on his cleats as a rookie.

Dee Dub
03-10-2010, 02:54 PM

:Clap

birtikidis
03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
who gives a rats arse. stop being so damn bitchy. he has the right to wear whatever the hell he wants.

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 03:13 PM
who gives a rats arse. stop being so damn bitchy. he has the right to wear whatever the hell he wants.
Ah....young man, it is sadly MUCH more than just wearing a shirt.....or maybe he had a PFJ undershirt on? Who knows? I get your point...

birtikidis
03-10-2010, 03:15 PM
Ah....young man, it is sadly MUCH more than just wearing a shirt.....or maybe he had a PFJ undershirt on? Who knows? I get your point...
just to bible pounding holier than thou hypocrites.

Dee Dub
03-10-2010, 03:17 PM

I do!

I think the point here is that Ben is a confused young man. And seeing how his off seasons have gone I think this is a cause for concern. I know if I were paying him $102 million I’d be very concerned. But throw that out the window…if you wear “PFJ” on the field and then wear Satan on your shirt on nights out I see a very troubled person who needs some help.

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Like B.I.G. said... More Money, More Problems
Life is funny like that... a game you love turns into a game worth billions and it comes with a ton of pressure and temptation.

That life isn't as easy as we think.

I would be more than willing to give it a shot, dating Natalie Gulbis can't be that hard.

birtikidis
03-10-2010, 03:20 PM

I do!

I think the point here is that Ben is a confused young man. And seeing how his off seasons have gone I think this is a cause for concern. I know if I were paying him $102 million I’d be very concerned. But throw that out the window…if you wear “PFJ” on the field and then wear Satan on your shirt on nights out I see a very troubled person who needs some help.
the point is Dee is this is a football forum not the place to preach your ideals which many people don't give a crap about. this isn't the forum for it and it shouldn't be the forum for it. and don't give me that crap about not reading it if i don't like it. get it the F out of here!

Shawn
03-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I guess I'm just not sure of the point of this whole shirt thing. Is it the belief of some that Ben used to be a good Christian kid but now he is caught up in his own ego and fame? That he has poor taste in clothing? What is the fixation with the shirt?

And let me state something I said in the Tiger thread. There are alot of poor ugly men who boast about being loyal to their wives. I have seen these guys judge those who get caught literally/figuratively with their pants down. On another board I believe a judgemental member called Tiger a piece of ish...sub human. These guys do not have the access or temptation that guys like Ben and Tiger have. They do not have 10's wanting to have orgies with them. I am loyal to my wife...but I'm not a chick magnet either. I would like to think that I could be loyal to my wife in any situation but I'm sure glad I don't have to find out. I'm not tempted beyond what I can stand.

I think Dizz stumbled upon the real issue here. Ben's choice of women...younger, not famous, likely very little money. It's almost like Ben is intimidated by more successful women. I'll tell you something...if I could have my choice of some hot girl on the street or Jessica Alba...I know who I'm going after. Ben has access to beautiful, rich and famous women but likes to involve himself with women who will "worship" him. Women he feels superior to. I believe Ben's "ego" is like everyone elses...false grandiosity covering underlying insecurities. And this is definitely biting Ben in the arse. It's something he might want to think about and work on.

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2010, 03:23 PM

I do!

It reminded me more of the old game show "Joker's Wild"

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2010/03/0305_ben_groupclub_ex_tmz_01.jpg

http://www.gameshowutopia.net/tjw/devil3.JPG

I don't believe Jack Barry or Bill Cullen were satanists.

birtikidis
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM
you really think that ben is intimidated by successful women? didn't he date a pretty successful golfer? or was she a tennis player?

Dee Dub
03-10-2010, 03:24 PM

I do!

the point is Dee is this is a football forum not the place to preach your ideals which many people don't give a crap about. this isn't the forum for it and it shouldn't be the forum for it. and don't give me that crap about not reading it if i don't like it. get it the F out of here!

No that's ok...I respect your opinion and I'll chill on it. Didnt mean for you to get upset about it. When these things are being written about by Steeler beat writers I thought it should be discussed.

Shawn
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
you really think that ben is intimidated by successful women? didn't he date a pretty successful golfer? or was she a tennis player?

Did he? How long did that last? Has he dated another famous woman since?

RuthlessBurgher
03-10-2010, 03:28 PM

Golfer Natalie Gulbis and actress Missy Peregrym. Not sure how long either relationship lasted.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81861394.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5484DC546700B39B477 D1C1874F8B516FE64AFBAA1D2824582F

http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2009-03/45373170.jpg

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2010, 03:29 PM
I guess I'm just not sure of the point of this whole shirt thing. Is it the belief of some that Ben used to be a good Christian kid but now he is caught up in his own ego and fame? That he has poor taste in clothing? What is the fixation with the shirt?

And let me state something I said in the Tiger thread. There are alot of poor ugly men who boast about being loyal to their wives. I have seen these guys judge those who get caught literally/figuratively with their pants down. On another board I believe a judgemental member called Tiger a piece of ish...sub human. These guys do not have the access or temptation that guys like Ben and Tiger have. They do not have 10's wanting to have orgies with them. I am loyal to my wife...but I'm not a chick magnet either. I would like to think that I could be loyal to my wife in any situation but I'm sure glad I don't have to find out. I'm not tempted beyond what I can stand.

I think Dizz stumbled upon the real issue here. Ben's choice of women...younger, not famous, likely very little money. It's almost like Ben is intimidated by more successful women. I'll tell you something...if I could have my choice of some hot girl on the street or Jessica Alba...I know who I'm going after. Ben has access to beautiful, rich and famous women but likes to involve himself with women who will "worship" him. Women he feels superior to. I believe Ben's "ego" is like everyone elses...false grandiosity covering underlying insecurities. And this is definitely biting Ben in the arse. It's something he might want to think about and work on.

Ben should only go out with women who are rich and famous themselves. He dated Natalie Gulbis once, she didn't sue him for anything afterwards and she's a heckuva lot better looking than that McNulty wench.

birtikidis
03-10-2010, 03:32 PM
[quote=birtikidis]who gives a rats arse. stop being so damn bitchy. he has the right to wear whatever the hell he wants.

I do!

No that's ok...I respect your opinion and I'll chill on it. Didnt mean for you to get upset about it. When these things are being written about by Steeler beat writers I thought it should be discussed.[/quote:gj838det]
you know Dee... it's hard for me to articulate what ticks me off in this. I think the original article was very immature and had no basis in any important factual information. it's mud slinging by someone who has an agenda and doesn't give a crap about anything but their agenda.
why paint the guy as being a bad person because of a shirt?
what is the point in debating the guys religion?

I'm only slightly annoyed that you posted it. and honestly I have nothing against you, and have said many times that I like to read your posts (even when i rib you a little about trade ideas). I respect your opinion on religion and that you are not afraid to take a stance. I just don't think this is the place for it. too many emotions and opinions come into play.

birtikidis
03-10-2010, 03:33 PM

Ben should only go out with women who are rich and famous themselves. He dated Natalie Gulbis once, she didn't sue him for anything afterwards and she's a heckuva lot better looking than that McNulty wench.
hear hear!

Shawn
03-10-2010, 03:36 PM

Agreed. A nice long term relationship with a famous gal would be the way to go.

hawaiiansteel
03-10-2010, 03:40 PM

Agreed. A nice long term relationship with a famous gal would be the way to go.

I agree as well. I'm gonna start looking for one right away... :Boobs

Lebsteel
03-10-2010, 04:07 PM
just to bible pounding holier than thou hypocrites.
Yea, those are not good people either....but that is not the point here as I understand it. Take a look at the bigger picture. You are young and I fully realize that I may have taken the same stance as you when I was college age. I am not trying to be patronizing, just realistic, so please take it for that. I fully understand where Dub is coming from and I think the big picture is and should be discussed here when it deals with our franchise QB.

JAR
03-10-2010, 04:10 PM

Golfer Natalie Gulbis and actress Missy Peregrym. Not sure how long either relationship lasted.

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81861394.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5484DC546700B39B477 D1C1874F8B516FE64AFBAA1D2824582F

http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2009-03/45373170.jpg

yes, Ben should have been a real role model like brady, he should have knocked Natalie up then dumped her.