PDA

View Full Version : Fact - The girl is a liar

flippy
03-09-2010, 04:11 PM
She was underage in a night club. If she lied to get in, wouldn't it also seem reasonable that she would also lie about what Ben did to her?

Little lies turn into bigger lies all the time.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 04:14 PM
She was underage in a night club. If she lied to get in, wouldn't it also seem reasonable that she would also lie about what Ben did to her?

i believe one only needed to be 18 years old to get into the bar.

brothervad
03-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Flippy,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the bar answered that one in an article in the Post Gazette. Underage folks frequently intermingle in the club...They have to wear a wristband to be served alcohol.

So I am not saying she didn't drink, but she did not necessarily lie about her age.

Even though the legal age for drinking is 21, underage students also head for the half-dozen bars and clubs located within two blocks of the campus to listen to music and socialize. The establishments have bouncers who check identifications at the door, and wristbands are placed on those 21 and older so the bartenders know which customers can be served.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10066/104 ... z0hiEkbJDG (http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10066/1040958-66.stm#ixzz0hiEkbJDG)

SteelBucks
03-09-2010, 04:34 PM

Many campus bars/clubs are 18 and over. They just can't be served alcohol.

SteelAbility
03-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Bummer. Is there another theory? :P

Chadman
03-09-2010, 06:03 PM
So Flippy says she's a liar & we poo-poo him.

But she says Ben diddled her & we believe her?

:stirpot

Chadman has had more experience with Flippy than her...his opinion stands higher... :D

MeetJoeGreene
03-09-2010, 06:21 PM
As part of her medical testing, they hopefully collected blood samples - which can be analyzed for content of alc and drugs.

Iron Shiek
03-09-2010, 06:25 PM
As part of her medical testing, they hopefully collected blood samples - which can be analyzed for content of alc and drugs.

yeah lets hope so. but its shocking that the police chief didn't know whether said testing was conducted as of monday.

snarky
03-09-2010, 06:32 PM
OK, so what does everybody think will happen if it comes out that she was drunk but that Ben bought her the alcohol. I really don't like to speculate but this particular scenario has been on my mind because I can see it leading quickly to a long suspension for Ben. I don't think the league would hesitate on something like that.

SteelAbility
03-09-2010, 06:33 PM

Chadman has had more experience with Flippy than her...his opinion stands higher... :D

flippy wrote:

How is that poo-poo-ing? Flippy assumed she had to have lied to get in. The responder showed that that conclusion was not necessarily right by citing the bar's rules.

Even if she lied to get in, that doesn't necessarily mean she lied about sexual assault. NOTE: I am only making a LOGICAL argument here. Not saying she was right about sexual assault.

Logic has to do with WHAT NECESSARILY FOLLOWS FROM WHAT. The conclusion does not necessarily follow from the premise.

ikestops85
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Are you saying Chadman has more experience diddling Flippy?? :shock:

Not that there is anything wrong with that :lol:

Chadman
03-09-2010, 06:40 PM

flippy wrote:

How is that poo-poo-ing? Flippy assumed she had to have lied to get in. The responder showed that that conclusion was not necessarily right by citing the bar's rules.

Even if she lied to get in, that doesn't necessarily mean she lied about sexual assault. NOTE: I am only making a LOGICAL argument here. Not saying she was right about sexual assault.

Logic has to do with WHAT NECESSARILY FOLLOWS FROM WHAT. The conclusion does not necessarily follow from the premise.

Don't get your panties in a bunch- tongue firmly placed in cheek on this one..

Chadman
03-09-2010, 06:41 PM

Are you saying Chadman has more experience diddling Flippy?? :shock:

Not that there is anything wrong with that :lol:

Flippy & Chadman go way back.... :D

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2010, 07:23 PM

flippy wrote:

Don't get your panties in a bunch- tongue firmly placed in cheek on this one..

Perhaps Ben firmly implanted his tongue in her cheek, and she preferred that his tongue remained firmly implanted in his own cheek. :wink:

flippy
03-10-2010, 03:04 AM
Doh, I missed the wristband thingee. Whatever happened to bars being bars and only allowing in people over 21?

Anyone know if the girl was drinking? Or do underage kids not drink in bars when they get into them these days?

Northern_Blitz
03-10-2010, 10:51 AM

If the police were investigating Flippy's allegations, I would be more inclined to belive them. I think most of us don't believe that Ben raped this girl...but the fact that police are investigating it, and haven't dropped the case after an initial investigation does lend some credibility to her story. If they do find that his DNA matches something that was on/in her, that will lend more credibility to her story. Neither thing proves guilt, but I know I was hoping for something that proved innocence (I know you don't have to "prove" innocence in court, but it would be nice to be able to).

I also think alot of fans (while realizing that Ben hasn't been convicted of anything LEGALLY wrong) are starting to believe that he does things that they see as MORALLY wrong. This is similar to Tiger Woods, IMO. He didn't do anything against the law, but I think he's a jack ass for cheating on his wife.