PDA

View Full Version : More bad news re: Holmes

SteelerNation1
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Friend of a friend of a friend told me Santonio failed another drug test and will be suspended 4 games at the start of next season. That's why we signed El and Battle. Not 100% sure its true so take it for what its worth. This offseason has been awesome so far :wft

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Friend of a friend of a friend told me Santonio failed another drug test and will be suspended 4 games at the start of next season. That's why we signed El and Battle. Not 100% sure its true so take it for what its worth. This offseason has been awesome so far :wft

maybe that will make Santonio more signable when his contract expires? sorry, trying to find a silver lining here...

but i do hope your cousin's brother's niece on your father's side is wrong... :D

Dee Dub
03-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Oh that's why Randle El said he was brought in to be the #3. :wink:

If this is true...Holmes should be traded.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM

to the Bengals or Ravens perhaps?

flippy
03-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Doesn't seem so bad in lieu of the Ben accusation.

As long as Tone is around come playoff time, we're ok.

Shawn
03-09-2010, 04:36 PM

For 4 games? I hope they clarified to ARE.

isonator07
03-09-2010, 04:38 PM
"Playoffs......Playoffs are u kidding me playoffs."

We might not need to worry about playoffs my friend. As much as that pains me to say.

AngryAsian
03-09-2010, 04:54 PM
The Ravens sign Boldin and we have 1 about to retire, 1 whose coming back to play slot and return punts, 1 who can't catch and probably will be gone after this season and 1 who just can't stop rocking the ganj... I'm glad we have Wallace. :P

phillyesq
03-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Any locals hearing anything about this?

Dee Dub
03-09-2010, 05:44 PM

I don’t know…Adam Shefter reported that inside the Steelers FO (ownership in particular), they are extremely upset over Ben’s latest situation. I can imagine they will be livid over a second dirty test on Santonio. Think about it.

Jom112
03-09-2010, 05:45 PM

If this is true, he probably did just move up Mike Browns big board because he'll be cheaper.

But you guys are the ones that did draft him, and he definitely had baggage coming out of college. All teams sign players with questionable ethics. Mike Brown just does it more often than most...

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 05:56 PM

If this is true, he probably did just move up Mike Browns big board because he'll be cheaper.

But you guys are the ones that did draft him, and he definitely had baggage coming out of college. All teams sign players with questionable ethics. Mike Brown just does it more often than most...

hey Jom, i wish you weren't such a damn nice guy...it was so much easier to dislike the Bengals before you came along. :Cheers

Jom112
03-09-2010, 06:00 PM

hey Jom, i wish you weren't such a damn nice guy...it was so much easier to dislike the Bengals before you came along. :Cheers

You can hate the Bengals all you want. I still hate the Steelers... :Beer

Chadman
03-09-2010, 06:01 PM
What's this?

Someone says Santonio did the wrong thing?

GUILTY!!!!

Sack him now & move on- what an embarrassment to the organisation....

:stirpot

Oviedo
03-09-2010, 06:02 PM
This is likely why Goodell wants to extend the season. Players become idiots when they are away from the structure of their teams. See poster children Ben and Santonio.

SteelerNation1
03-09-2010, 06:16 PM
phillyesq,
I am a local dammit! :lol:

Shawn
03-09-2010, 06:36 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":2uue9azn]Oh that's why Randle El said he was brought in to be the #3. :wink:

I don’t know…Adam Shefter reported that inside the Steelers FO (ownership in particular), they are extremely upset over Ben’s latest situation. I can imagine they will be livid over a second dirty test on Santonio. Think about it.[/quote:2uue9azn]

Yeah anything is possible. Everyone knows I'm a Holmes fan but here we can agree...he has an issue. He can't stay off the ganja for any length of time. Amazing. And by now I wouldn't be shocked if the FO is fed up.

Discipline of Steel
03-09-2010, 07:13 PM
What do you all expect from a guy with a name like 'Stonio'?

And for that matter, what do you all expect from a guy with a name like 'Big Ben'?

:P :tt1

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 07:20 PM
What do you all expect from a guy with a name like 'Stonio'?

And for that matter, what do you all expect from a guy with a name like 'Big Ben'?

:P :tt1

who lets Little Ben make way too many decisions for him... :D

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
This is likely why Goodell wants to extend the season. Players become idiots when they are away from the structure of their teams. See poster children Ben and Santonio.

Meanwhile, Jeff Reed is perfectly comfortable being an idiot while the season is still in session. :lol:

DukieBoy
03-09-2010, 07:53 PM

Meanwhile, Jeff Reed is perfectly comfortable being an idiot while the season is still in session. :lol:

Not to mention Matt Spaesse pithing on stuff.

fordfixer
03-09-2010, 07:57 PM
phillyesq,
I am loco dammit! :lol:

Fixed that for you :lol:

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 07:58 PM

if you're gonna print up a poster like that and have Ben and Santonio on it, i think you pretty much have to include Jeff Reed also.

he has earned that right!

SteelerNation1
03-09-2010, 08:36 PM
phillyesq,

After these last few days, you actually nailed it!

spyboots
03-09-2010, 08:41 PM
The receiver missing will be Sweed. Per his agent, Sweed requested a trade or release.

http://twitter.com/insidepghsports

Lebsteel
03-09-2010, 09:01 PM
The receiver missing will be Sweed. Per his agent, Sweed requested a trade or release.

Would he have any trade value? I'm not so sure he would.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 09:05 PM

wonder if anyone would give us a draft choice for Sweed? probably why we haven't just released him outright yet...

Shawn
03-09-2010, 09:19 PM

wonder if anyone would give us a draft choice for Sweed? probably why we haven't just released him outright yet...

No one will give up more than a 7th for a WR with a bad case of the dropsies. But, I would say any interested partner will just wait for his release.

DukieBoy
03-09-2010, 09:25 PM

No one will give up more than a 7th for a WR with a bad case of the dropsies. But, I would say any interested partner will just wait for his release.

Bring Limas to camp, let him compete and show his skills, then decide. Maybe at least he'd show trade value. I hope Tomlin and coaches work with him to motivate him to at least compete here.

feltdizz
03-09-2010, 09:41 PM

Bring Limas to camp, let him compete and show his skills, then decide. Maybe at least he'd show trade value. I hope Tomlin and coaches work with him to motivate him to at least compete here.

Camp and practice isn't Sweed's problem.

I always felt he couldn't do enough to make up for the past. Regardless of how many TD's he catches fans will always talk up his drops.

I really hope he catches on somewhere else and has a good career. I would hate for him to leave the NFL without any success.

It's like Bettis and the fumble... if we lost that game his whole legacy and future changes.

spyboots
03-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Perhaps he feels the fans don't like him or is feeling uncomfortable/embarrassed about past drops. I too hope he can prove himself.

DukieBoy
03-09-2010, 10:17 PM

Camp and practice isn't Sweed's problem.

I always felt he couldn't do enough to make up for the past. Regardless of how many TD's he catches fans will always talk up his drops.

I really hope he catches on somewhere else and has a good career. I would hate for him to leave the NFL without any success.

It's like Bettis and the fumble... if we lost that game his whole legacy and future changes.

Redemption, as a Steeler, might be the sweetest success he could achieve. I'm rooting for him, in any case.

Lebsteel
03-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Holmes has never done drugs per his website (1/30/09 article): :shock: :Blah

“Everybody that knows me knows I have never done drugs,” Holmes said yesterday. “I have never failed a drug test. I just happened to have it in my vehicle at the time. Someone else was driving it.”

http://www.santonioholmes10.com/articles/santonio-traces-speed-to-humble-rabbit-chasing-roots

papillon
03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
phillyesq,

I thought you were an Ohioan? :?

Pappy

Flasteel
03-09-2010, 11:23 PM
I thought it was pretty ridiculous how some on this board were condemning Ben after the initial reports of his latest meltdown came out. At least in that case there were reports. From legitimate media sources, the team, and the police.

This thread is full of people ragging on Holmes based on a story SN1 heard from "a friend of a friend of a friend". :shock: Are you kidding me? Did I miss something more quasi-official?

Just because it fits with the Randle El story doesn't make it true. It may very well wind up being true. But until it at least looks like it might be true...STFU people!

SteelerNation1
03-10-2010, 12:15 AM
I thought it was pretty ridiculous how some on this board were condemning Ben after the initial reports of his latest meltdown came out. At least in that case there were reports. From legitimate media sources, the team, and the police.

This thread is full of people ragging on Holmes based on a story SN1 heard from "a friend of a friend of a friend". :shock: Are you kidding me? Did I miss something more quasi-official?

Just because it fits with the Randle El story doesn't make it true. It may very well wind up being true. But until it at least looks like it might be true...STFU people!

Not many are "ragging on" Holmes. Like I've said countless times now, I hope its not true, but the guy who told me is pretty reliable.

SteelerNation1
03-10-2010, 12:16 AM
phillyesq,

Pappy
Meh. In my mind I live dahntahn baby! :moon

feltdizz
03-10-2010, 12:03 PM

some guys like to make sure every post they make is factual, punctuated and doesn't contain the word never, always or use percentages that are 100% accurate.

others don't care, iike to debate the rumors and hot off the presser stories.

if Holmes isn't in trouble we are happy... the thread dies and another one is born.

cruzer8
03-10-2010, 12:54 PM
He absolutely MUST be guilty!

:roll:

drprwnap
03-10-2010, 12:56 PM

Well, my cousin's mother's sister's brother that knows Santonio said it's not true! :D

Come on, friend of a friend of a friend :wft

feltdizz
03-10-2010, 01:43 PM

Well, my cousin's mother's sister's brother that knows Santonio said it's not true! :D

the extra friend is insurance in case the report isn't true..

but if it is true... that extra friend is a good source. LOL!!!

fordfixer
03-11-2010, 01:44 AM
phillyesq,

I know the feeling :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2010, 01:48 AM
phillyesq,

since this is the only thread i see that isn't being spammed by angelinaaii, how do we report this spammer?

hawaiiansteel
03-11-2010, 03:15 AM
phillyesq,

since this is the only thread i see that isn't being spammed by angelinaaii, how do we report this spammer?

i'm very impressed with how quickly that problem was fixed, great job whoever did it! :Clap :Clap :Clap

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2010, 11:13 AM
phillyesq,

Pappy
Meh. In my mind I live dahntahn baby! :moon

Feh. In Ben's mind, he lives in the Playboy mansion! :Boobs

JTP53609
03-11-2010, 12:54 PM

correct me if I'm wrong, but would'nt that be your uncle.......
my uncle is boomer esiason.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-11-2010, 01:18 PM
The players get piss tested in the offseason? I think this story is BS.

feltdizz
03-11-2010, 01:25 PM

When players are tested during the offseason, unless they are in the substance abuse program, it is for performance-enhancing drugs. ...

It makes perfect sense for Holmes to get tested since he was busted for weed.

Jom112
03-11-2010, 01:26 PM

Players do get tested in the offseason. Granted this story is about roids, but same goes for drugs.

The NFL and its players' union have agreed, for the second time in recent weeks, to toughen the league's steroid policy. The new measures triple the number of times a player can be tested for steroids during the offseason, add substances to the league's banned list and allow the league to retest players' urine samples for new designer steroids that may have gone undetected in previous tests, an NFL spokesman said yesterday.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Apr27.html (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A18627-2005Apr27.html)

Especially someone like Holmes who probably already is in the drug testing program for past issues, would probably get tested multiple times in the offseason...

Jigawatts
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
I know SN1 is a degenerate gambler and a face painter, but I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't
post this "rumor" about Holmes unless he trusted the source. Given Holme's past, I'm willing
to give SN1 the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Hopefully the source is wrong, or maybe since there's been no official announcement the
final decision on the suspension hasn't been made, or maybe they're waiting until camp to
make an announcement.

I just hope we can all get back to gambling and face painting soon. This off season is
turning into the Simpsons "Homer At Bat" episode.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Are positive tests not announced until a later date or what?

I wasn't trying to insinuate that the players weren't tested in the offseason, was just asking.

When could we expect this to be announced if indeed true?

Mister Pittsburgh
03-11-2010, 03:38 PM
http://www.santonioholmes10.com/iiilong

BTW...check out the time shown in the image of the ipod touch on the right of the screen on his website.....

4:20 dudes!

RuthlessBurgher
03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I know SN1 is a degenerate gambler and a face painter, but I'm pretty sure that he wouldn't
post this "rumor" about Holmes unless he trusted the source. Given Holme's past, I'm willing
to give SN1 the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Hopefully the source is wrong, or maybe since there's been no official announcement the
final decision on the suspension hasn't been made, or maybe they're waiting until camp to
make an announcement.

I just hope we can all get back to gambling and face painting soon. This off season is
turning into the Simpsons "Homer At Bat" episode.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/extramustard/08/31/to-do-list/puddy-st.jpghttp://dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com/simpsonsgood34.jpg