PDA

View Full Version : Cap Question??

NorCal-Steeler
03-09-2010, 12:20 AM
With all the recent signings where does that put us with the cap? Everyone is assuming Sweed is done, how much does cutting him save us. And more important is there a big name vet faceing the axe to make room??

D Rock
03-09-2010, 12:23 AM
The Steelers are currently 19 bajillion dollars under the cap for the 2010 season.

(it's an uncapped year)

NorCal-Steeler
03-09-2010, 12:27 AM
lol , good answer. I was refering to the fact that they are all multi year contracts sooner or later the piper must be paid. But yeah i guess i wiffed that one..

Chadman
03-09-2010, 12:34 AM
When a cap comes back into play, here's betting it sits significantly higher than it did last season in order to accomodate what could turn into a spending spree of sorts..

steelblood
03-09-2010, 10:32 AM
lol , good answer. I was refering to the fact that they are all multi year contracts sooner or later the piper must be paid. But yeah i guess i wiffed that one..

Battle and Allen signed deals that average a little over 1 mil per season. They can be cut at any time without a significant cap hit.

Clarks deal is in the 3.5-4 mil per season area. We don't know about guaranteed money, but I'd assume it is in the 6 million dollar range and would allow the Steelers to cut Clark after two seasons with a moderate cap hit.

Randle El's contract is not public record yet. He proved he was way overpayed in Washington. He is also 30 and has lost a step. I believe he signed for 3 years. I'd hope we got him for 2.5 per season or less, but I fear we may have paid a little more. I'm sure that we didn't give him much guaranteed money. So, he should not be a terrible cap hit either.

The truth here is that we signed 5 guys, but only one was signed to start on this team and his deal was not that large. The other guys are depth guys/special teams players and are paid accordingly.