PDA

View Full Version : ex bills tacke

steeler_george
03-08-2010, 09:58 PM
This FA tackle we just signed, Jonathan Scott (6-foot-6, 318), who started eight games for the Bills in 2009. Does anyone have info on him? Did he start RT or LT? Can he play center too?

What a great day in FA who would of thought.

Clark
Allen
Randle EL
Battle

Great way to add depth to our team.

Lebsteel
03-08-2010, 10:23 PM
This FA tackle we just signed, Jonathan Scott (6-foot-6, 318), who started eight games for the Bills in 2009. Does anyone have info on him? Did he start RT or LT? Can he play center too?

What a great day in FA who would of thought.

Clark
Allen
Randle EL
Battle

Great way to add depth to our team.
I was happy that we signed Battle and Allen. I came out of an evening meeting to find we resigned Clark and Randle El! Wow! What will our WR group look like this year? Ward, Holmes, Wallace are a given, but then it's ARE, Battle, Sweed and Grisham competing for one or two spots.

steeler_george
03-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I am glad we finally got Carter off the roster with Allen, re-signed Clark ( I had feeling that he was going no where), and depth at WR and Special Teams.

I have a feeling this is going to be a key signing. Only if we had more info on this cat, can he play Guard or Center? In the games he played, how did he fair?

From the post-gazette...sorry I double posted this, but want some feed back about him.

Scott (6 feet 6, 318 pounds), who started two games at right tackle and six games at left tackle for the Bills last season, will visit Steelers offices today and is expected to sign a multiyear contract, a move that will reunite him with Sean Kugler, his position coach in Buffalo.

A former fifth-round draft choice of the Detroit Lions in 2006, Scott was a restricted free agent who did not receive a contract tender from the Bills, making him an unrestricted free agent.

Gus
03-09-2010, 01:20 PM
I am glad we finally got Carter off the roster with Allen, re-signed Clark ( I had feeling that he was going no where), and depth at WR and Special Teams.

I have a feeling this is going to be a key signing. Only if we had more info on this cat, can he play Guard or Center? In the games he played, how did he fair?

From the post-gazette...sorry I double posted this, but want some feed back about him.

Scott (6 feet 6, 318 pounds), who started two games at right tackle and six games at left tackle for the Bills last season, will visit Steelers offices today and is expected to sign a multiyear contract, a move that will reunite him with Sean Kugler, his position coach in Buffalo.

A former fifth-round draft choice of the Detroit Lions in 2006, Scott was a restricted free agent who did not receive a contract tender from the Bills, making him an unrestricted free agent.

aha! now, it all makes sense!

aggiebones
03-09-2010, 01:28 PM
He was a highly sought after HS T many years ago.
He did well at Texas, but didn't hit the high note that everyone expected.
Another example of a Texas U kid that doesn't reach potential, mostly due to having so many talented kids around you. He didn't have to do much to be successful. Much like Hills and Sweed. They look good playing with other talent.
Hampton was the hard working talent for most of the top DL playing with him. Shaun Rodgers sponged millions off Hampton's effort.
Sometimes it is best to draft a player from a moderate school because the talent really rises to the top. Its clear that they can take on double teams or handle guys on their own when noone around them is as good.