PDA

View Full Version : Will Allen a Steeler, Per Schefter

BigRob
03-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Per Adam Schefter's Twitter account:

"Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Former Bucs S Will Allen will sign a three-year contract today with the Steelers -- all while S Ryan Clark is in Miami."

JTP53609
03-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I remember that ryan clark was not really known before we got him either, so lets see what happens with this, the FO does know what they are doing

Oviedo
03-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Now get Leigh Bodden and I'll be feeling really good about the off season and I will love the flexibility we will have going into mthe draft.

Shoe
03-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Unlike many people, I'll miss Clark and will always have respect for him. Kinda like I do for guys like Thomas Everett.

Clark sacrificed himself all the time, just leveling people back there. It's not unappreciated, Ryan.

hawaiiansteel
03-08-2010, 02:38 PM
guess the Steelers coaches were doing more than just playing cards at their mountain retreat -

Steelers | W. Allen to sign three-year deal

Mon, 08 Mar 2010

Updating a previous item, Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports via Twitter that free-agent SS Will Allen (Buccaneers) will sign a three-year contract Monday, March 8, with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

JTP53609
03-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Unlike many people, I'll miss Clark and will always have respect for him. Kinda like I do for guys like Thomas Everett.

Clark sacrificed himself all the time, just leveling people back there. It's not unappreciated, Ryan.

Shoe, with all due respect, I disagree, he just wanted to deliver the big hit. There were many games where he could have had an easy interception, but instead he would put his head down and level a receiver, the baltimore games was the case in point for me, the ball hit the top of his helmet when he went in for a hit on mason, I saw him do this alot, he played the hit first and the ball second...he may be a good guy, but he was an average safety in my opinion

Oviedo
03-08-2010, 03:25 PM
guess the Steelers coaches were doing more than just playing cards at their mountain retreat -

Steelers | W. Allen to sign three-year deal

Mon, 08 Mar 2010

Updating a previous item, Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports via Twitter that free-agent SS Will Allen (Buccaneers) will sign a three-year contract Monday, March 8, with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

You would think that the morons who criticize the staff and front office would quit embarassing themselves with disparaging comments.

Oviedo
03-08-2010, 03:29 PM

It's called overplaying your hand. If Clark rreally wanted to stay (not sure the Steelers wanted him) then he should fire his agent.

Anyone who is an agent in the NFL should know you don't play the "negotiate in the newspapers" game with the Steelers. Both Clark and his agent were way too active running their mouths.

I'll be curious what the "best safety in football" signs for now.

pittpete
03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Very surprising Steelers would sign a guy who just got arrested a few weeks back for DUI.
Thought we didnt associate w/ these types of players or is pops too busy in Ireland?

Oviedo
03-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Very surprising Steelers would sign a guy who just got arrested a few weeks back for DUI.
Thought we didnt associate w/ these types of players or is pops too busy in Ireland?

You are mistaking Will Allen the CB for the Miami Dolphins with our Will Allen the Safety formerly of the Tamp Bay Bucs. Need to read the entire story. We still do it the right way.

pittpete
03-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Wow, being from NY, the Allen from NY was my 1st assumption.
I feel much,much better now...

Discipline of Steel
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I am somewhat relieved although Allen is far from a proven player. He is at that transition from special teamer to full time defense. Its possible we struck gold with this player but IMO we still need to invest a solid pick in another safety, given our backups are Ryan Mundy and ... well, Ryan Mundy.

flippy
03-08-2010, 07:26 PM
How good is he? Wonder if Tomlin grabbed another Mewelde from a former team?

NorthCoast
03-08-2010, 07:58 PM

Shoe, with all due respect, I disagree, he just wanted to deliver the big hit. There were many games where he could have had an easy interception, but instead he would put his head down and level a receiver, the baltimore games was the case in point for me, the ball hit the top of his helmet when he went in for a hit on mason, I saw him do this alot, he played the hit first and the ball second...he may be a good guy, but he was an average safety in my opinion

Intimidation was part of Clark's game. Maybe it prevented a few completions over the middle as well...? I am looking at this as a change of equals...we are not gaining anything but we aren't losing either.

Shoe
03-09-2010, 12:30 AM
You are mistaking Will Allen the CB for the Miami Dolphins with our Will Allen the Safety formerly of the Tamp Bay Bucs. Need to read the entire story. We still do it the right way.

Haha... I was not aware that there were two Will Allens! I was under the assumption that it was the Giants Will Allen. Is that Will Allen the Dolphins Will Allen? Or is it the Bucs Will Allen? That's confusing.