PDA

View Full Version : Steelers showing interest in Leigh Bodden

D Rock
03-07-2010, 04:55 PM
In addition to the Texans, the Steelers, Seahawks and Patriots have all expressed some interest in Bodden’s services.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aqm5yA1XVIvIwZTigmNRS99DubYF?slug=nfp-with_hole_at_cb_bodden_to_visit_texans_html-201037&prov=nfp&type=lgns)

I would be happy with this pickup.

hawaiiansteel
03-07-2010, 04:59 PM
unfortunately, Bodden is asking for a lot of money...most likely out of the Steelers price range.

Texans | Bodden to visit

Sun, 07 Mar 2010

John McClain, of The Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans are going to bring free-agent CB Leigh Bodden (Patriots) in for a visit. According to McClain, Bodden wants a lot of money and the Texans may not be willing to commit unless his price comes down.

Oviedo
03-08-2010, 09:13 AM
CBs get lots of money. Just the nature of the beast. Unless the team has determined that Burnett or Lewis can step into a starting role they are going to have to pay the price.

Don't forget that Ike is in the final year of his contract next year. I don't want to see us in the position of trying to replace two CB in 2011 (or 2012 with lockout).

NorthCoast
03-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Leigh Bodden ranked 5th in the league allowing only 50% of completions under his coverage. Meanwhile, Ike Taylor ranked 30th, allowing 58.2% completions (right below Bryant McFadden allowing 57.8% completions).

Keep in mind these stats don't tell you what kind of WRs they were covering.

hawaiiansteel
03-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Leigh Bodden ranked 5th in the league allowing only 50% of completions under his coverage. Meanwhile, Ike Taylor ranked 30th, allowing 58.2% completions (right below Bryant McFadden allowing 57.8% completions).

out of curiousity, do you know where William Gay ranked?

JTP53609
03-08-2010, 08:42 PM

if you take an over or under ranking to that of how much money bill gates has...I would rank gay over...

steelblood
03-08-2010, 08:46 PM
I think our FA spending spree is over. Maybe we'll add one more lower tier player. A RB perhaps.

NW Steeler
03-08-2010, 08:53 PM
The only upgrade so far is Allen in place of Carter. What else has been done to improve the team? They need some starting help in the secondary in a bad way.

hawaiiansteel
03-08-2010, 08:57 PM
The only upgrade so far is Allen in place of Carter. What else has been done to improve the team? They need some starting help in the secondary in a bad way.

yes, but by re-signing Clark we have now freed up an early draft choice that can be used to draft a CB to challenge for the spot opposite Ike.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-08-2010, 09:41 PM
If they somehow signed Bodden to play opposite Ike, I would soil my shorts in glee. I am not holding my breath though.

hawaiiansteel
03-08-2010, 09:49 PM
If they somehow signed Bodden to play opposite Ike, I would soil my shorts in glee. I am not holding my breath though.

the rumor mill has Bodden re-signing with the Patriots.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-08-2010, 09:53 PM

the rumor mill has Bodden re-signing with the Patriots.

:loser

D Rock
03-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I have a friend who played football at Duquesne, he said that Bodden hated being at Duquesne.

The Steelers and Duquesne are different animals, but still...he very well might not want to come back here any time soon.

NorthCoast
03-08-2010, 11:11 PM

William Gay allowed 67.6% of passes completed in his coverage, ranking him 57th in the league.

hawaiiansteel
03-08-2010, 11:15 PM

William Gay allowed 67.6% of passes completed in his coverage, ranking him 57th in the league.

so William Gay allowed over two-thirds of all passes into his area to be completed, huh? i have no idea why some posters on here think we need to draft a CB... :roll:

stlrz d
03-08-2010, 11:35 PM

Or the cushion they were allowing at the snap of the ball.

papillon
03-08-2010, 11:40 PM

Agreed 100%, but what they have done is bolstered the depth chart and put people on the team that can play while a draft class matures and improves. As you know the Steelers don't like to start rookies unless absolutely necessary. These signings add depth and provide enough starting help while rookies learn and prove themselves.

Pappy

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 12:07 AM

Agreed 100%, but what they have done is bolstered the depth chart and put people on the team that can play while a draft class matures and improves. As you know the Steelers don't like to start rookies unless absolutely necessary. These signings add depth and provide enough starting help while rookies learn and prove themselves.

Pappy

today was a good day for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Steeler Nation! :Cheers

two safeties, two WRs and an OT/OG were added today and special teams improved at the same time... :tt2 :tt2

Chadman
03-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Well, Chadman said that the Steelers wouldn't be big players in FA.

said Clark was gone after Allen signed.

Said ARE wouldn't be brought in, weeks ago.

Wrong on all accounts.

Chadman doubts the Steelers will sign Bodden.

Expect his signing tomorrow.

D Rock
03-09-2010, 12:52 AM
reports are he has re-signed with New England