PDA

View Full Version : Willie visiting redskins

BigRob
03-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Per Schefter.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I hope someone signs him, so we aren't tempted to.

hawaiiansteel
03-06-2010, 08:40 PM
good luck Willie, Daniel Snyder is the man to see about getting a good contract! maybe he'll overpay for you the way he did with Randle-El.

Redskins | Parker scheduled to visit

Sat, 06 Mar 2010

Mike Vukovcan, of KDKA.com, reports the Washington Redskins are scheduled to meet with unrestricted free-agent RB Willie Parker (Steelers) Monday, March 8.

steelblood
03-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I was thinking Colon when I read this.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 06:42 PM
i wonder if this meeting will be cancelled now that the Chiefs have signed Thomas Jones?

Chiefs | Parker to visit

Tue, 09 Mar 2010
Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are scheduled to meet with unrestricted free-agent RB Willie Parker (Steelers) Thursday, March 11.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
i suspected this might now happen, maybe if he finds no suitors Medium-Fast Willie Parker will rejoin the Steelers again...

Chiefs | Cancel meeting with Parker

Tue, 09 Mar 2010

Updating a previous report, Adam Schefter, of ESPN, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have cancelled their scheduled meeting with unrestricted free-agent RB Willie Parker (Steelers).

calmkiller
03-09-2010, 07:16 PM
The meeting with the Chiefs was canceled because they signed Thomas Jones.

hawaiiansteel
03-09-2010, 07:18 PM

yeah, saw where Thomas Jones signed for 2 years, $5 million...KC got a good deal.

RuthlessBurgher
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM

yeah, saw where Thomas Jones signed for 2 years, $5 million...KC got a good deal.

I'm shocked San Diego did not jump all over Thomas Jones...

proudpittsburgher
03-12-2010, 10:26 AM
good luck Willie, Daniel Snyder is the man to see about getting a good contract! maybe he'll overpay for you the way he did with Randle-El.

Redskins | Parker scheduled to visit

Sat, 06 Mar 2010

Mike Vukovcan, of KDKA.com, reports the Washington Redskins are scheduled to meet with unrestricted free-agent RB Willie Parker (Steelers) Monday, March 8.

ARE had the bank broken for him by the Wash redfaces, and it was just as idiotic then. Wouldn't be suprised if FWP gets a payday out of this. Good for him.

flippy
03-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Put Willie in the right situation and I wouldn't be surprised to see him lead the league in rushing.

Our line and offense just isn't for him any longer.

ramblinjim
03-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Put Willie in the right situation and I wouldn't be surprised to see him lead the league in rushing.

I'm not sure if he has the legs anymore to lead the league but I agree that he'll be a fine back somewhere.

Sugar
03-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Has anyone heard anything more on this one? Any chances we might end up re-signing Willie?

The Man of Steel
03-12-2010, 10:26 PM

I'm pretty sure that Willie's wheels fell off a few seasons back.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07267/820099-66.stm

birtikidis
03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
Has anyone heard anything more on this one? Any chances we might end up re-signing Willie?
The Foreskins signed LJ so.. willie is still on the market

D Rock
03-12-2010, 10:39 PM

did you buy a time machine and name it "situation" - Jersey shore dedication perhaps?

flippy
03-13-2010, 04:44 AM

did you buy a time machine and name it "situation" - Jersey shore dedication perhaps?

Fist pumping.

Seriously though, I think he has relatively low mileage and think if you put a FB in front of him and just keep feeding him the rock, he can come back and play well. Sometimes players just go through a tough patch of being plagued by injury. I think that's what happened to Willie after Tomlin ran him until the wheels fell off.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-13-2010, 10:36 AM

Just think, we could of had Thomas Jones splitting carries with Mendenhall instead of signing Randle El to be our 4th WR. Seems idiotic not to look at that with the year Jones had last year. We will probably sign Willie Parker back for the same money and Jones > Parker.

cruzer8
03-13-2010, 11:35 AM

Just think, we could of had Thomas Jones splitting carries with Mendenhall instead of signing Randle El to be our 4th WR. Seems idiotic not to look at that with the year Jones had last year. We will probably sign Willie Parker back for the same money and Jones > Parker.

You think the Steelers are going to give Parker a 2 year $5 million deal like Jones got? I don't.

The ARE signing was a good one. He brings depth and versatility. And WR's bust more than RBs do. We're better off drafting a RB as a back up if Parker doesn't re-sign.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-13-2010, 11:45 AM

You think the Steelers are going to give Parker a 2 year $5 million deal like Jones got? I don't.

The ARE signing was a good one. He brings depth and versatility. And WR's bust more than RBs do. We're better off drafting a RB as a back up if Parker doesn't re-sign.

I think we need a RB more than a WR so in that context, if it were simply RB or WR I would say we need RB more than WR.

Regarding what Parker would be signed for if he indeed did come back, I have no idea.

cruzer8
03-13-2010, 12:17 PM
I think we need a RB more than a WR so in that context, if it were simply RB or WR I would say we need RB more than WR.

Regarding what Parker would be signed for if he indeed did come back, I have no idea.

I don't disagree that RB is a bit (just a bit) more of a need, but Randle El was a good signing for us, and we can draft a back up RB. It's the easiest position to play out of college.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-14-2010, 10:57 PM
No news from Redskins = FWP still in our plans?

D Rock
03-15-2010, 12:09 AM
If LT and Thomas Jones both got 2 years/5 million, I wouldn't offer SlightlyAboveAverageWillieParker anything more than 2 years/4 million.

80% of the value of Thomas Jones's ability and LT's legacy seems pretty fair to me.

hawaiiansteel
03-15-2010, 02:23 AM
If LT and Thomas Jones both got 2 years/5 million, I wouldn't offer SlightlyAboveAverageWillieParker anything more than 2 years/4 million.

80% of the value of Thomas Jones's ability and LT's legacy seems pretty fair to me.

i would say the number should be closer to 50%, how about 2 years/2.5 million?

the Steelers should re-sign "SlightlyAboveAverageWillieParker" if he could agree to those contract terms...

ANPSTEEL
03-15-2010, 07:54 AM
my problem with the team re-signing SAAWP is that- another change of pace back, is not what they need.

The team needs a flipping power runner to complement Mendenhall.

RuthlessBurgher
03-15-2010, 08:55 AM
my problem with the team re-signing SAAWP is that- another change of pace back, is not what they need.

Cool! A flipping power runner to complement our spinning primary ball carrier! Can Mewelde Moore be a cartwheeling 3rd down back? :lol:

Oviedo
03-15-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm a huge FWP fan and as much as class act as he has been he is not what we need. I just don't think that FWP can make it through a 16 game season and stay healthy anymore.

RB is the most brutalized position in football which is why I think we need to go younger through the draft and look at CJ Spiller, Toby Gearhardt, Ben Tate or LaGarrette Blount. But even that won't be enough. We have to hope Frank "The Tank" Summers can prove to be serviceable. You need to have 3 solid RBs to make it through the season in today's NFL. IMO Moore took a step backwards last year and I question his value given Mendy's ability to catch out of the backfield.

BTW, does Mendy remind anyone else of Chuck Foreman from the Vikings years ago? Good run and catch back. Am I dating myself?

SteelAbility
03-15-2010, 09:48 AM

Cool! A flipping power runner to complement our spinning primary ball carrier! Can Mewelde Moore be a cartwheeling 3rd down back? :lol:

At one point (in the 07 season, I believe) Clark Haggans was our "flying circus" LBer. But that was defense. :P