PDA

View Full Version : Ben in trouble again???

steelsnis
03-05-2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-roeth ... l-assault/ (http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-roethlisberger-accused-of-sexual-assault/)

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault by a young woman in Georgia, TMZ has learned.

The alleged incident occurred early this morning at Capital City -- a club in Milledgeville, Georgia.

According to law enforcement sources, the alleged victim -- who has already been interviewed by police -- was treated at a local hospital and released.

We're told in addition to the alleged victim, witnesses are being interviewed -- and one law enforcement source says they will attempt to interview Roethlisberger.

In addition to the Milledgeville Police Dept, we've learned the Georgia Bureau of Investigations is also investigating.

As we previously reported, Roethlisberger is being sued by a Reno woman, Andrea McNulty, who claims the QB sexually assaulted her in 2008.

UPDATE: We're told Roethlisberger has already been interviewed by police. We're also told no formal charges have been filed at this point.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-roeth ... z0hKuIQCc1 (http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-roethlisberger-accused-of-sexual-assault/#ixzz0hKuIQCc1)

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Should we draft a QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelsnis
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
For his sake, this better be a case of a woman trying to cash in on the Andrea McNulty situation.

If it's not...this will get ugly...

Dee Dub
03-05-2010, 04:43 PM
This is not good. :HeadBanger

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 04:46 PM
quit putting yourself in this situation MORON!

Shawn
03-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Why would Ben sexually assault anyone? He will be cleared...another gold digger exposed. But, something I would suggest is Ben stay out of situations...ie keep his dick in his pants until he's done playing lol. Since that isn't realistic...he will always be a target of this sort of manipulation. It will be fine.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Unlike others I'll wait for the whole story before offering an "opinion".

Shawn
03-05-2010, 04:49 PM

My first thought too but dayum do you want the man to be celibate? Should he have women sign wavers before intercourse? Set up video? Only have threesomes with a witness? Hard to stay out of situations when you are a target.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 04:50 PM

Why? That's no fun. :lol:

Dee Dub
03-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Why would Ben sexually assault anyone? He will be cleared...another gold digger exposed. But, something I would suggest is Ben stay out of situations...ie keep his bad word in his pants until he's done playing lol. Since that isn't realistic...he will always be a target of this sort of manipulation. It will be fine.

I hope you are right but we are starting to see a pattern. A first time...ok I can understand this could be B.S.....but a second time that leaves me with.....hmmmmm? And usually if TMZ gets something like this...it usually has some teeth to it.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 04:51 PM

Guess I'm just not the kind of person who goes around calling someone I don't know a moron without knowing all the details of what took place.

If that's no fun then so be it. :D

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Why would Ben sexually assault anyone? He will be cleared...another gold digger exposed. But, something I would suggest is Ben stay out of situations...ie keep his bad word in his pants until he's done playing lol. Since that isn't realistic...he will always be a target of this sort of manipulation. It will be fine.

I hope you are right but we are starting to see a pattern. A first time...ok I can understand this could be B.S.....but a second time that leaves me with.....hmmmmm? And usually if TMZ gets something like this...it usually has some teeth to it.

Oh for God's sake.... :roll:

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 04:54 PM

My first thought too but dayum do you want the man to be celibate? Should he have women sign wavers before intercourse? Set up video? Only have threesomes with a witness? Hard to stay out of situations when you are a target.

Maybe don't just go pick up chicks in clubs for one night stands. How about meeting someone and actually going on dates with them before drilling them.....just a thought. So yeah, I think he is a moron for picking up a chick for a one night stand.

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 04:55 PM

It's not hard to stay out of situations....

it's like PacMan and strip clubs...

just stay away.

I know it sucks but he does need a waiver for chicks or he needs to let his agent set up celebrity dates...

he cannot pick up random chicks at bars anymore...

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 04:56 PM
[quote="stlrz d":11rhfetu]Unlike others I'll wait for the whole story before offering an "opinion".

Guess I'm just not the kind of person who goes around calling someone I don't know a moron without knowing all the details of what took place.

If that's no fun then so be it. :D[/quote:11rhfetu]

They just danced in front of 1000 people and she called the cops. :roll:

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 04:59 PM
[quote=Shawn][quote="stlrz d":1exjuq3s]Unlike others I'll wait for the whole story before offering an "opinion".

If that's no fun then so be it. :D[/quote:1exjuq3s]

They just danced in front of 1000 people and she called the cops. :roll:[/quote:1exjuq3s]

According to what we've seen reported on the internet's version of the national enquirer, it happened AT A CLUB. So what do you think, he pulled her pants down or dress up and banged her right there?

Quit being such a reactionary douche and wait for the story to actually come out.

He probably made out with some chick, she got pissed off about something and saw an opportunity to make it hurt.

Jesus...wtf is wrong with some people? And by some people I mean you and people like you.

:wft

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 05:00 PM
[quote=Shawn]Why would Ben sexually assault anyone? He will be cleared...another gold digger exposed. But, something I would suggest is Ben stay out of situations...ie keep his bad word in his pants until he's done playing lol. Since that isn't realistic...he will always be a target of this sort of manipulation. It will be fine.

Oh for God's sake.... :roll:[/quote:bd5q76kt]

its probably bogus.. but still, Ben needs to lay low until the rape trial is over. He can go out but he should never pick up chicks at bars or be left alone with a drunk chick.

Ben is a target and Lawyers do shady things to get more headlines to show a pattern.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM

It's not hard to stay out of situations....

it's like PacMan and strip clubs...

just stay away.

I know it sucks but he does need a waiver for chicks or he needs to let his agent set up celebrity dates...

he cannot pick up random chicks at bars anymore...

precisely....

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 05:02 PM
[quote=Shawn]Why would Ben sexually assault anyone? He will be cleared...another gold digger exposed. But, something I would suggest is Ben stay out of situations...ie keep his bad word in his pants until he's done playing lol. Since that isn't realistic...he will always be a target of this sort of manipulation. It will be fine.

Oh for God's sake.... :roll:

its probably bogus.. but still, Ben needs to lay low until the rape trial is over. He can go out but he should never pick up chicks at bars or be left alone with a drunk chick.

Ben is a target and Lawyers do shady things to get more headlines to show a pattern.[/quote:3tm26xw2]

I don't disagree with you that he should be on the lookout for this kind of things, but to pass judgment without even knowing all the details is stupid. There is no other word for it and no if's, and's or but's about it...it's stupid.

Dee Dub
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM

Oh for God's sake.... :roll:[/quote:7ku8s2lm]

I am not disbelieving in Ben here, however, I am also not naive to the point that I don’t believe our heroes are human. Just because he is the quarterback of my favorite team doesn’t mean he is perfect. I am willing to wait and see but a second time does make one wonder. If you want to dismiss something like this immediately, and after it has already happened once, which still hasn’t been resolved, all because he plays for your favorite football team, cool.

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
[quote="stlrz d":wp2nw183][quote=Shawn][quote="stlrz d":wp2nw183]Unlike others I'll wait for the whole story before offering an "opinion".

If that's no fun then so be it. :D[/quote:wp2nw183]

They just danced in front of 1000 people and she called the cops. :roll:[/quote:wp2nw183]

According to what we've seen reported on the internet's version of the national enquirer, it happened AT A CLUB. So what do you think, he pulled her pants down or dress up and banged her right there?

Quit being such a reactionary douche and wait for the story to actually come out.

He probably made out with some chick, she got pissed off about something and saw an opportunity to make it hurt.

Jesus...wtf is wrong with some people? And by some people I mean you and people like you.

:wft[/quote:wp2nw183]
you are reacting as well...

while I think it isn't a big deal the story could be WORSE then we think..

regardless, it's a story about a woman involving Ben so people will comment on it.

the first headline may be a lie but it's always the biggest.. the correct headline is tiny and an after thought.

It's time for Ben to stay out the bars and clubs and grow the effe up. Everything is sandlot with this guy... LOL!!!

pittpete
03-05-2010, 05:12 PM
That the price you pay for being famous.
Is it right?
Hell no, but dont put yourself in that position more than once.
NFL rookies are taught this, and veterans should know this.
Ben is only human.
Ben wants to be one of the guys.
Ben needs to realize he's always going to be a target.
Now I know why rich famous athletes get married young.
Start a family Benny boy and cut out the crap so it doesnt affect "My" upcoming season. :wink:

SteelCzar76
03-05-2010, 05:13 PM
As mentioned,...it's difficult to speak on this subject without all of the facts. But i will just say that i hope that for this Kid's sake that this turns out to be shenanigans and this woman was not violated and harmed. Because if not,...dude,... the state of GA puts individuals "UNDER" the pen for rape.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 05:16 PM
[quote="stlrz d":4ha1lbbu][quote=Shawn][quote="stlrz d":4ha1lbbu]Unlike others I'll wait for the whole story before offering an "opinion".

If that's no fun then so be it. :D[/quote:4ha1lbbu]

They just danced in front of 1000 people and she called the cops. :roll:[/quote:4ha1lbbu]

:wft[/quote:4ha1lbbu]

LOL! It's not a dance club you douchebag, I was making a joke. :moon

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 05:18 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1jwmp14t][quote=Shawn]Why would Ben sexually assault anyone? He will be cleared...another gold digger exposed. But, something I would suggest is Ben stay out of situations...ie keep his bad word in his pants until he's done playing lol. Since that isn't realistic...he will always be a target of this sort of manipulation. It will be fine.

Oh for God's sake.... :roll:[/quote:1jwmp14t]

I am not disbelieving in Ben here, however, I am also not naive to the point that I don’t believe our heroes are human. Just because he is the quarterback of my favorite team doesn’t mean he is perfect. I am willing to wait and see but a second time does make one wonder. If you want to dismiss something like this immediately, and after it has already happened once, which still hasn’t been resolved, all because he plays for your favorite football team, cool.[/quote:1jwmp14t]

I agree... while I want to believe Ben is innocent and a target it's getting old hearing about this guy every off season. He needs to get a freaking hobby.

Like PacMan.. Ben likes the bars and the clubs.. I've heard a few stories about Ben and they weren't too good. Nothing major but they said he was prone to a.ssholish behavior. Maybe it's time for Ben to get a PacMan bodyguard or something to that effect.

First it was the helmet, now it's the women.. it's like he can't have a quiet offseason or keep it clean. I'm talking about the drama of it all not the actual events.. not sure if they are even true but the headlines do not help the rape charge at all.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 05:20 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1mkc55lf][quote=Shawn]Why would Ben sexually assault anyone? He will be cleared...another gold digger exposed. But, something I would suggest is Ben stay out of situations...ie keep his bad word in his pants until he's done playing lol. Since that isn't realistic...he will always be a target of this sort of manipulation. It will be fine.

Oh for God's sake.... :roll:[/quote:1mkc55lf]

I am not disbelieving in Ben here, however, I am also not naive to the point that I don’t believe our heroes are human. Just because he is the quarterback of my favorite team doesn’t mean he is perfect. I am willing to wait and see but a second time does make one wonder. If you want to dismiss something like this immediately, and after it has already happened once, which still hasn’t been resolved, all because he plays for your favorite football team, cool.[/quote:1mkc55lf]

I didn't dismiss it. I said I would wait for all the facts to come out instead of just spouting off. I do that for any player on any team. I'm not a reactionary bozo like some people tend to be.

None of us were there. None of us has a clue as to what really happened.

Hell, he could have been walking through the club and rubbed up against the chick in the crowd as he was making his way to another part of the club. She falls down, looks up, sees who it is and $$$ pop into her head.

Or he could have bent her over the rail of the dance floor and forced himself on her.

No one here knows. So to start calling the guy a moron or saying that we're seeing a pattern is stupid. Period.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 05:21 PM
You're like a MB stalker. Every time I post you are there 2 posts behind me taking the opposing opinion or trying to discredit me! LOL!

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 05:23 PM

My comment had nothing to do with dancing or what type of club it is you buffoon. It was regarding the fact that it happened AT A CLUB. Not in some motel. Not in some alley. Not in a car. It happened IN A CLUB.

Get it?

Or should I type slower?

hawaiiansteel
no one should pass any judgements until we get more information, we are all supposedly innocent until proven guilty.

having said that, Big Ben should think about getting himself a steady girlfriend...

Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault, again

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010 3:49 PM ET

As if this first day of the 2010 league year wasn't sufficiently hectic, one of the more ugly situations from the 2009 league year suddenly has migrated back onto the front burner.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault. Again.

TMZ reports that the alleged incident allegedly occurred (allegedly) early Friday in Milledgeville, Georgia, a town that when you say it sounds a little like "Allegedville."

The alleged victim and witnesses are being interviewed, and police have interviewed Roethlisberger.

Per TMZ, no charges have been filed yet.

Even if he's cleared, the fact that Big Ben would put himself in position to be on the wrong end of these allegations given everything he has experienced in Nevada makes us think that, yes, he really is as dumb as he looks.

And if you don't know what we're talking about regarding Nevada, we're glad that you have emerged from your coma. Please type "Roethlisberger" and "sexual" in the search box and you'll quickly be up to speed.

The difference this time around is that the alleged victim didn't wait a year to make the claim. She didn't even wait a day.

feltdizz
Is it right?
Ben is only human.
Start a family Benny boy and cut out the crap so it doesnt affect "My" upcoming season. :wink:

exactly... when you are a $100 million dollar man you cannot be one of us as well...

pay for play Ben... you can't have the one and done's right now.

Dee Dub
03-05-2010, 05:24 PM
First of all guys....IT IS NOT RAPE! It is sexual assault. There is a huge difference.

Here is the latest...

Posted Mar 5th 2010 4:00PM by TMZ Staff

Ben Roethlisberger Sexual Assault

The woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told police the whole thing went down inside the women's restroom of a Georgia nightclub.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the woman told cops she was inside the restroom of Capital City nightclub when the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback entered and allegedly assaulted her.

We're told Roethlisberger has still not been charged with a crime.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0hL7ANr1C

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 05:25 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":2jeegiy5]

My comment had nothing to do with dancing or what type of club it is you buffoon. It was regarding the fact that it happened AT A CLUB. Not in some motel. Not in some alley. Not in a car. It happened IN A CLUB.

Get it?

Or should I type slower?[/quote:2jeegiy5]

Your so smart stlrz d. It happened in the womens restroom.

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
First of all guys....IT IS NOT RAPE! It is sexual assault. There is a huge difference.

Here is the latest...

The woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told police the whole thing went down inside the women's restroom of a Georgia nightclub.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ the woman told cops she was inside the restroom of Capital City nightclub when the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback entered and allegedly assaulted her.

again, the key word here is Big Ben "allegedly" took Little Ben out of his pants...

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 05:28 PM

Here is the latest...

Yes there is a huge difference and I was shocked to see the headline for NBC Sports to say that he was accused of rape for a 2nd time.

So now we have her side of the story...could be legit, could be complete BS or could be a combination of the two. Could be a set up...she lures him into the can for some "private time" and then drops the hammer.

Or it could be any of a number of scenarios.

I'll wait to hear the whole story.

Dee Dub
03-05-2010, 05:28 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3nf4urup][quote="Dee Dub":3nf4urup][quote=Shawn]Why would Ben sexually assault anyone? He will be cleared...another gold digger exposed. But, something I would suggest is Ben stay out of situations...ie keep his bad word in his pants until he's done playing lol. Since that isn't realistic...he will always be a target of this sort of manipulation. It will be fine.

Oh for God's sake.... :roll:[/quote:3nf4urup]

I am not disbelieving in Ben here, however, I am also not naive to the point that I don’t believe our heroes are human. Just because he is the quarterback of my favorite team doesn’t mean he is perfect. I am willing to wait and see but a second time does make one wonder. If you want to dismiss something like this immediately, and after it has already happened once, which still hasn’t been resolved, all because he plays for your favorite football team, cool.[/quote:3nf4urup]

I didn't dismiss it. I said I would wait for all the facts to come out instead of just spouting off. I do that for any player on any team. I'm not a reactionary bozo like some people tend to be.

None of us were there. None of us has a clue as to what really happened.

Hell, he could have been walking through the club and rubbed up against the chick in the crowd as he was making his way to another part of the club. She falls down, looks up, sees who it is and $$$ pop into her head.

Or he could have bent her over the rail of the dance floor and forced himself on her.

No one here knows. So to start calling the guy a moron or saying that we're seeing a pattern is stupid. Period.[/quote:3nf4urup]

I agree with that. I wasnt the one who called him a moron. Let me ask you this...what did you think or say after PacMan got in trouble for the second time? Did you not at least go..............hmmmmmmm??? That's all I am saying.

And by the way...it is being reported that Ben went into the ladies room at this club and he isnt being accused of just rubbing up against a woman.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 05:29 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3n78hehe][quote="Mister Pittsburgh":3n78hehe]

Get it?

Or should I type slower?[/quote:3n78hehe]

Your so smart stlrz d. It happened in the womens restroom.[/quote:3n78hehe]

And you're so smart to post that AFTER that info comes out. :roll:

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 05:30 PM
no one should pass any judgements until we get more information, we are all supposedly innocent until proven guilty.

having said that, Big Ben should think about getting himself a steady girlfriend...

Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault, again

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010 3:49 PM ET

As if this first day of the 2010 league year wasn't sufficiently hectic, one of the more ugly situations from the 2009 league year suddenly has migrated back onto the front burner.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault. Again.

TMZ reports that the alleged incident allegedly occurred (allegedly) early Friday in Milledgeville, Georgia, a town that when you say it sounds a little like "Allegedville."

The alleged victim and witnesses are being interviewed, and police have interviewed Roethlisberger.

Per TMZ, no charges have been filed yet.

Even if he's cleared, the fact that Big Ben would put himself in position to be on the wrong end of these allegations given everything he has experienced in Nevada makes us think that, yes, he really is as dumb as he looks.

And if you don't know what we're talking about regarding Nevada, we're glad that you have emerged from your coma. Please type "Roethlisberger" and "sexual" in the search box and you'll quickly be up to speed.

The difference this time around is that the alleged victim didn't wait a year to make the claim. She didn't even wait a day.

This is why we react...

Do the facts ever emerge in a rape charge?

It's always 2 stories and the truth...

but reacting to Ben's stupidity is justified...

it's like Holmes hanging out with weed heads... even if clean it's stupid.

Dee Dub
03-05-2010, 05:30 PM
again, the key word here is Big Ben "allegedly" took Little Ben out of his pants...

What is he doing at a night club when he still has a case against him pending?? That to me is not very smart.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 05:33 PM
I agree with that. I wasnt the one who called him a moron. Let me ask you this...what did you think or say after PacMan got in trouble for the second time? Did you not at least go..............hmmmmmmm??? That's all I am saying.

And by the way...it is being reported that Ben went into the ladies room at this club and he isnt being accused of just rubbing up against a woman.

I waited until the whole story came out. That's what I did. I don't jump to conclusions. I know you weren't the one with the moron comment. You came up with the "pattern" idea. Just as foolish.

And yes...info is coming out. That info wasn't out when I posted what I did.

Jesus Christ...we're having a ****ing discussion and info is coming out DURING the discussion. I wasn't claiming to know what happened...I was only trying to point out that it could be any number of things that actually happened...just as I did above now that the bathroom info has surfaced.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 05:33 PM

Yeah...the pattern is he is rich, famous and single.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":1dricje2]quit putting yourself in this situation MORON!

Maybe don't just go pick up chicks in clubs for one night stands. How about meeting someone and actually going on dates with them before drilling them.....just a thought. So yeah, I think he is a moron for picking up a chick for a one night stand.[/quote:1dricje2]

Even if he went on typical dates...what is to keep her from crying rape?

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 05:34 PM
[quote="stlrz d":3mur04sr][quote="Mister Pittsburgh":3mur04sr]

Get it?

Or should I type slower?[/quote:3mur04sr]

Your so smart stlrz d. It happened in the womens restroom.[/quote:3mur04sr]

Dammit... this guy is a phucking MORON!!!

I can't defend him on this... even if he is innocent.

and I dare anyone to blame BA for our offense sputtering.. it's clear Ben is a gifted fool. LOL!!

Iron Shiek
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Is it right?
Ben is only human.

Ha...then he'll just be the Tiger Woods 2.0

None of us were there...its pointless to even worry about the ramifications of this in terms of our favorite football team. Until something formal is charged...I don't really care what people say about the situation.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Bah...you guys go ahead and run with this...have fun.

Just keep in mind that passing judgment without knowing all the info only serves to make you look foolish and reactionary...and nothing more.

Dee Dub
03-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Folks...this is just the beginning. This is going to be huge whether it is true or not. Wait till ESPN, NFL.com, CNNSI, Foxsports.com, etc. get this.

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 05:38 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":xh3n2lb9]

I waited until the whole story came out. That's what I did. I don't jump to conclusions. I know you weren't the one with the moron comment. You came up with the "pattern" idea. Just as foolish.

And yes...info is coming out. That info wasn't out when I posted what I did.

Jesus Christ...we're having a bad word discussion and info is coming out DURING the discussion. I wasn't claiming to know what happened...I was only trying to point out that it could be any number of things that actually happened...just as I did above now that the bathroom info has surfaced.[/quote:xh3n2lb9]

dude.... I know what you mean but c'mon...

Ben messed up or put himself in the position to be alleged...

don't get mad at people for commenting on Ben's problem...

get mad at little Ben. That guy is a horny little devil. The pattern we are seeing is one that really is disturbing...

people who are alleged rapist tend to keep putting themselves in positions where they are alleged.

if that makes sense

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Bah...you guys go ahead and run with this...have fun.

Just keep in mind that passing judgment without knowing all the info only serves to make you look foolish and reactionary...and nothing more.

it's not fun... that is why people are PO'ed...

you are mad too... just at the wrong people/person.

It's not like we made up the story before it broke.... Ben did this to himself...

Shawn
03-05-2010, 05:42 PM

Here is the latest...

So let me get this straight. Ben dragged this woman by the hair into the restroom in a crowded club? If not...why would she enter a restroom with him? Was he waiting in a woman's stall crouched on the toilet? If she went into the restroom under her own will then she knew what it was about. She didn't go in there to read poetry.

With that said, I agree that clubs are not the place to meet women. But, this could happen in any situation where he might date.

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 05:44 PM

What is he doing at a night club when he still has a case against him pending?? That to me is not very smart.

i agree with you there, if there is one thing Ben certainly is guilty of is using very poor judgement!

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
She probably asked if he wanted a BJ and he fell for it..

he pulled it out and she screamed in horror.

Anyway you flip it Ben is a dumb mother#######

he better say he thought it was the mens room...

Shawn, this could happen on a date but this is why Ben shouldn't date the local skank from roadhouse bar and grill....

go back to the golf chick or find some chick with money to date...

when you have a rape charge you should be as isolated as possible...

Dee Dub
03-05-2010, 05:50 PM

Here is the latest...

So let me get this straight. Ben dragged this woman by the hair into the restroom in a crowded club? If not...why would she enter a restroom with him? Was he waiting in a woman's stall crouched on the toilet? If she went into the restroom under her own will then she knew what it was about. She didn't go in there to read poetry.

With that said, I agree that clubs are not the place to meet women. But, this could happen in any situation where he might date.

It says she was already in the bathroom and then Ben came in.

SteelBucks
03-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Here we go again....another offseason and more drama around Ben. I know he's young and should be allowed to have a life but I wish he would stop putting himself in these situations. :HeadBanger

Shawn
03-05-2010, 05:54 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1saooaky]First of all guys....IT IS NOT RAPE! It is sexual assault. There is a huge difference.

Here is the latest...

It says she was already in the bathroom and then Ben came in.[/quote:1saooaky]

Oh so Ben decided to go into a public restroom in a crowded night club to rape an unsuspecting victim. Gotcha. Was he wearing a ski mask? This is absurd.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-05-2010, 05:57 PM
i have a bad feeling about this one.

i'm just stunned ben can be this freaking dumb.

TCB
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Even if nothing comes of this, his reputation will take another gigantic hit.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 06:02 PM
Seriously? He is a young man and he goes out. This could happen in McDonalds guys. He could be out for a Big Mac and some girl claim this BS. Do you want him to hole up in his house for the next 10 years? Quit being reactionary to your own anxieties and use some common sense. While night clubs are not optimal...I know Ben isn't the only Steeler to go to one. Should all Steeler players have a no strip club, dance club clause? I do not have a "bad feeling" about this one. I do not believe he raped anyone. I believe we have ourselves another opportunistic gold digging liar who seen an opportunity and took it. Hopefully, next week if he decides to grab a blizzard at DQ he doesn't get accused again because you guys will lose your minds.

JAR
03-05-2010, 06:05 PM
No charges filed, TMZ making the accusations. More BS!

fezziwig
03-05-2010, 06:05 PM
You never know if the girls a gold digger and set up Ben or does Ben have a problem buying chicks dinner first ? Despite what has actually happened, Bens a dope for allowing himself to be in these positions and especially with another case looming over him.

I thought the first case seemd as if the girl was telling the truth and then I would bounce back and think no, " the girl has too much past to be telling the truth. " Now I'm starting to think Ben is guilty on both.

If Ben is guilty, I hope the Rooneys toss him off the team. The Eagles can have him.

pittpete
03-05-2010, 06:08 PM
Dont know the story, and dont care, but
if you were half in the bag, had a hot girl hanging all over ya and she wanted to take care of ya in the bathroom what are the chances you'd tell her no.
You'd probably think you were king Sh-t,or blow ya load before ya even reached the bathroom.
Peoeple do stupid things while drinking.
Bad judgement call or not, if Ben continues to put himself in these types of situations then we can expect more of the same.
I honestly wdont care about Bens personal life, but if it affects the STEELERS then its wrong.
Otherwise this crap happens in every bar and club probably every night around the country.

JAR
03-05-2010, 06:10 PM
False sexual assault accusations should get you 10, that would put an end to the BS.

TMZ has learned Roethlisberger spent some time at the Velvet Elvis in Georgia last night -- before heading over to the Capital City Club ... where the Steelers QB allegedly sexually assaulted a young woman in the bathroom.

According to people at the Velvet Elvis, Ben was very friendly inside his establishment -- even taking pictures with fans. We're also told Ben was "not inappropriate at all" -- though we're told Ben did have one beer while inside.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-roeth ... z0hLHw8Sta (http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-roethlisberger-devil-t-shirt-photo-pictures-accused-sexual-assault/#ixzz0hLHw8Sta)

Shawn
03-05-2010, 06:12 PM
You never know if the girls a gold digger and set up Ben or does Ben have a problem buying chicks dinner first ? Despite what has actually happened, Bens a dope for allowing himself to be in these positions and especially with another case looming over him.

I thought the first case seemd as if the girl was telling the truth and then I would bounce back and think no, " the girl has too much past to be telling the truth. " Now I'm starting to think Ben is guilty on both.

If Ben is guilty, I hope the Rooneys toss him off the team. The Eagles can have him.

You guys crack me up. So now Ben is a serial rapist? He was never accused of sexual assault in HS or college...but as soon as he hits the big time he gets a taste for rape? Yeah that makes sense guys. You people are giving me chest pain.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 06:14 PM
False sexual assault accusations should get you 10, that would put an end to the BS.

TMZ has learned Roethlisberger spent some time at the Velvet Elvis in Georgia last night -- before heading over to the Capital City Club ... where the Steelers QB allegedly sexually assaulted a young woman in the bathroom.

According to people at the Velvet Elvis, Ben was very friendly inside his establishment -- even taking pictures with fans. We're also told Ben was "not inappropriate at all" -- though we're told Ben did have one beer while inside.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-roeth ... z0hLHw8Sta (http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/05/ben-roethlisberger-devil-t-shirt-photo-pictures-accused-sexual-assault/#ixzz0hLHw8Sta)

Come on Jar...that's what serial rapists do. They try to seem all nicey nice...sign a few autographs...have one beer then forceably rape a woman in a stall. Get with the chicken little program son. :lol:

JAR
03-05-2010, 06:16 PM

Come on Jar...that's what serial rapists do. They try to seem all nicey nice...sign a few autographs...have one beer then forceably rape a woman in a stall. Get with the chicken little program son. :lol:

I know Shawn, but it's tough believing Ben is the Bundy of rape.

Steelhere10
03-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I live about 35 min away from Milledgeville and the rumors was floating around work today, i started to post this but the last time i posted about seeing Ben out late at the local clubs ( with my own eyes ) i got flamed for it.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-05-2010, 06:19 PM
i certainly hope i am wrong, but going/following a girl you just met into the womens restroom is pretty damn stupid when you have the kind of action he carries. doesn't make you a rapist however.

he losing millions over this one endorsement wise.

JAR
03-05-2010, 06:20 PM
I live about 35 min away from Milledgeville and the rumors was floating around work today, i started to post this but the last time i posted about seeing Ben out late at the local clubs ( with my own eyes ) i got flamed for it.

I'm in my late 40's and can still be seen out late in local clubs. Ben, going to clubs is nothing but NORMAL.

SS Laser
03-05-2010, 06:21 PM
What ever happened to the good old days were women would just bait a celeb into banging and then have there baby($$$)!

Ben needs someone with him to watch out for this kind of stuff. Yes have a witness at all times! I mean that. I don't care if the guy helps push so Ben does not hurt himself. LOL.

SteelBucks
03-05-2010, 06:28 PM

You guys crack me up. So now Ben is a serial rapist? He was never accused of sexual assault in HS or college...but as soon as he hits the big time he gets a taste for rape? Yeah that makes sense guys. You people are giving me chest pain.

Ben's offseasons are giving me chest pain.

Steelhere10
03-05-2010, 06:30 PM

I'm in my late 40's and can still be seen out late in local clubs. Ben, going to clubs is nothing but NORMAL.It was late Friday night coming off a trip to Denver to play the Bengals on a short week. That is the game where the offense stunk up the joint. But to his credit it was half of the offense minus Ward, Holmes , Miller etc.

JAR
03-05-2010, 06:35 PM
The police aren't even confirming what TMZ is reporting. Now TMZ is saying the 'event' didn't happen in the women's restroom, but in a hallway in the club.

JAR
03-05-2010, 06:37 PM
The police department said that his name never came up until TMZ contacted them, and that he is not currently a suspect. Te police report just names a 240 pound white guy with brown hair.

JAR
03-05-2010, 06:39 PM

I'm in my late 40's and can still be seen out late in local clubs. Ben, going to clubs is nothing but NORMAL.It was late Friday night coming off a trip to Denver to play the Bengals on a short week. That is the game where the offense stunk up the joint. But to his credit it was half of the offense minus Ward, Holmes , Miller etc.

I have a hard time believing ben was all the way down in Georgia the Friday before a game.

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 06:43 PM
What ever happened to the good old days were women would just bait a celeb into banging and then have there baby($$$)!

Ben needs someone with him to watch out for this kind of stuff. Yes have a witness at all times! I mean that. I don't care if the guy helps push so Ben does not hurt himself. LOL.

Ben supposedly was with Willie Colon...

Roethlisberger's rep denies wrongdoing

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 5, 2010

Ben Roethlisberger is in the news once again for a sexual assault accusation.

And once again, he is denying any wrongdoing.

Roethlisberger's representatives have denied the allegations involved in TMZ's report after being contacted by PFT Friday.

They did not comment as to whether Roethlisberger was in fact accused of sexual assault, just that the allegations were untrue and the events in question did not happen.

TMZ reported that Roethlisberger is accused of sexual assault.

The Milledgeville, Georgia Police Dept. has confirmed they are investigating a sexual assault that took place Friday, but would not revealed the name of the accused.

UPDATE: Brooks from Sports By Brooks reports Steelers offensive lineman Willie Colon was with Roethlisberger Friday night. Colon is not accused of any wrongdoing.

UPDATE II: There are conflicting reports as to whether Roethlisberger has been interviewed by police. Roethlisberger owns a home on Lake Oconee, Georgia.

NJ-STEELER
03-05-2010, 06:46 PM
oh my!!!! some of the comments on here

felt, 1st of all, he doesn't have a "rape charge" on him at this moment. no charges have ever been brought up in the mcnutty case. its a civil matter. THE LAW decided there was never a rape/sexual assault committed

2. we dont know the details what happened in the bathroom. i could be wrong but i believe that grabbing her but/boob would also constitute sexual assault charges. so until we hear the details, calling it a "rape" seems a bit too much at this time

SteelBucks
03-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Well according to Ben's agent, he said that it is his understanding that the charges have been dismissed. The police though are said to be still investigating.

Well this should be another fun filled few months.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 06:54 PM
i certainly hope i am wrong, but going/following a girl you just met into the womens restroom is pretty damn stupid when you have the kind of action he carries. doesn't make you a rapist however.

Do you know he even entered the restroom?

steelblood
03-05-2010, 06:54 PM
When my kids hear about this or see it on the sports web sites, what am I supposed to say to them? They are 8 and 10 for Christ's sake. Hell, the younger one doesn't even know about the birds and the bees.

I'm not making any judgments regarding ben or his choices until more is revealed. But, these news outlets will run anything and Florio straight hates Ben (he made some stupid as he looks statement). Geez Florio, have you looked in the mirror?

steelblood
03-05-2010, 06:56 PM
Well according to Ben's agent, he said that it is his understanding that the charges have been dismissed. The police though are said to be still investigating.

What charges? You have to be charged with something in order for them to be dismissed. Ben has not been formally charged. His agent is either stupid or horribly paraphrased by you.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 06:57 PM

felt, 1st of all, he doesn't have a "rape charge" on him at this moment. no charges have ever been brought up in the mcnutty case. its a civil matter. THE LAW decided there was never a rape/sexual assault committed

2. we dont know the details what happened in the bathroom. i could be wrong but i believe that grabbing her but/boob would also constitute sexual assault charges. so until we hear the details, calling it a "rape" seems a bit too much at this time

And it's possible that he didn't go into a restroom, dance with the girl, kiss the girl etc. And by the sound of it...this girl claimed some guy matching Ben's description raped her? With all the hub bub surrounding Ben she didn't know she was serial raped by a sicko like Ben Roethlisberger? :lol:

Shawn
03-05-2010, 06:58 PM
When my kids hear about this or see it on the sports web sites, what am I supposed to say to them? They are 8 and 10 for Christ's sake. Hell, the younger one doesn't even know about the birds and the bees.

I'm not making any judgments regarding ben or his choices until more is revealed. But, these news outlets will run anything and Florio straight hates Ben (he made some stupid as he looks statement). Geez Florio, have you looked in the mirror?

http://www1.k9webprotection.com/

Check it out.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-05-2010, 06:58 PM

nope, just what i've read here.

i do know ben must be an idiot to let something like this happen again.

NJ-STEELER
03-05-2010, 07:01 PM

And it's possible that he didn't go into a restroom, dance with the girl, kiss the girl etc. And by the sound of it...this girl claimed some guy matching Ben's description raped her? With all the hub bub surrounding Ben she didn't know she was serial raped by a sicko like Ben Roethlisberger? :lol:

word is ben lost it after this was played at the bar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvCUWzecGo

SteelBucks
03-05-2010, 07:02 PM

What charges? You have to be charged with something in order for them to be dismissed. Ben has not been formally charged. His agent is either stupid or horribly paraphrased by you.

Just regurgitating what was said on the radio. Man are people sensitive.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 07:04 PM
http://kdka.com/steelers/Ben.Roethlisberger.report.2.1540489.html

Woman Reportedly Accuses Roethlisberger Of Assault
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ?

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger has reportedly been accused of another sexual assault.

The report posted on entertainment news website TMZ alleges that a young woman in Georgia accused Ben Roethlisberger of assaulting her early this morning.

According to TMZ, she claims the incident happened at Capital City, a night club, in Milledgeville, Georgia.

KDKA-TV's David Highfield spoke to a police spokesperson who says they are not releasing the name of the person who she claims assaulted her.

"The police was approached by a complaintant stating that she had been sexually assaulted by a white male in Capital City.

"She was taken to Oconee Regional Medical Center and they contacted our detective division," a police spokesperson said.

Highfield: "Did she name Ben Roethlisberger?"

Police spokesman: "To my knowledge no, I can't confirm that."

Highfield: "Have you interviewed anyone else other than this woman?"

Police spokesman: "There have been witnesses interviewed as well."

Highfield: "What's the next step in this investigation?"

Police spokesman: "They have called in the Georgia Department of Investigation – the GBI."

Highfield: "And why is that – is that a normal procedure?"

Police spokesman: "At times, cases of this nature, they will."

Last year, a woman in Reno, Nevada, an employee at Harrah's Casino in Lake Tahoe, accused Roethlisberger of sexually assaulting while he was there for a golf tournament.

No police charges were ever filed in that case but McNulty has filed a civil lawsuit.

Roethlisberger vehemently denied those allegations.

The Baldwin Bulletin, a newspaper in Milledgeville, is reporting police briefly spoke to Roethlisberger after the incident but will not interview him until Monday at the earliest.

Late this afternoon, KDKA received the following statement from Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner:

"Last night, Ben and his friends met a group of women and everyone mingled together throughout the evening. We have spoken to law enforcement. Based on information currently available, an allegation was made against Ben, which appeared to be dismissed after a preliminary investigation last night. Obviously, given the prior accusation against Ben, we are skeptical of motive, but we will continue to cooperate with everyone involved."

The Steelers say they're gathering information on the report, but will have no further information at this time.

JAR
03-05-2010, 07:05 PM
The woman said she was assaulted by a white male at the same bar Ben was at. The police have not nor has the woman named Ben as the suspect. TMZ is the ONLY one saying Ben is the assaulter. Ben's agent said that the accusations against Ben have been dropped.

SteelCrazy
03-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Cops to Hold Roethlisberger News Conference
Posted Mar 5th 2010 6:00PM by TMZ Staff

The Milledgeville Police Department has announced it will hold a news conference to discuss the Ben Roethlisberger investigation at 3:30 PM PST.

TMZ will live blog the conference as it happens.

Stay tuned ...

http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0hLXNjtzV

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Roethlisberger's agent pledges cooperation with investigation

Posted by Mike Florio on March 5, 2010

We posted earlier some basic information provided by the representatives of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in response to new charges of sexual assault.

Agent Ryan Tollner has now issued a statement regarding the situation.

"Last night, Ben and his friends met a group of women and everyone mingled together throughout the evening," Tollner says. "We have spoken to law enforcement. Based on information currently available, an allegation was made against Ben, which appeared to be dismissed after a preliminary investigation last night. Obviously, given the prior accusation against Ben, we are skeptical of motive, but we will continue to cooperate with everyone involved."

No charges have been filed, and it's unclear whether Roethlisberger will be charged.

The damage to Roethlisberger in the court of public opinion could be disastrous. In this regard, folks tend to think like NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who said at his pre-Super Bowl press conference in January 2009, "You can have false accusations once, maybe twice. When you start getting to multiple [arrests], you're putting yourself in the wrong position, you're making the wrong decisions in the wrong places."

Roethlisberger has not yet been arrested, and he at best has been the victim of false accusations twice. Still, plenty of people will believe that the new charges are evidence of a trend, Tollner's skepticism notwithstanding.

The ideal outcome for Roethlisberger would be to have this situation resolved clearly and cleanly as soon as possible, with Roethlisberger at some point denying the charges directly, and not through an agent or a lawyer.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM

We posted earlier some basic information provided by the representatives of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in response to new charges of sexual assault.

"Last night, Ben and his friends met a group of women and everyone mingled together throughout the evening," Tollner says. "We have spoken to law enforcement. Based on information currently available, an allegation was made against Ben, which appeared to be dismissed after a preliminary investigation last night. Obviously, given the prior accusation against Ben, we are skeptical of motive, but we will continue to cooperate with everyone involved."

No charges have been filed, and it's unclear whether Roethlisberger will be charged.

The damage to Roethlisberger in the court of public opinion could be disastrous. In this regard, folks tend to think like NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, who said at his pre-Super Bowl press conference in January 2009, "You can have false accusations once, maybe twice. When you start getting to multiple [arrests], you're putting yourself in the wrong position, you're making the wrong decisions in the wrong places."

Roethlisberger has not yet been arrested, and he at best has been the victim of false accusations twice. Still, plenty of people will believe that the new charges are evidence of a trend, Tollner's skepticism notwithstanding.

The ideal outcome for Roethlisberger would be to have this situation resolved clearly and cleanly as soon as possible, with Roethlisberger at some point denying the charges directly, and not through an agent or a lawyer.

Florio's an idiot. And for someone who was a lawyer he should know better.

A "false accusation" could be as simple as "a tall man who weighed about 240 pounds with brown hair assaulted me".

There could be ten guys in the club matching that description and nine of them are innocent, but now "falsely accused". :roll:

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Live video of the presser:

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 07:32 PM
Cops to Hold Roethlisberger News Conference
Posted Mar 5th 2010 6:00PM by TMZ Staff

The Milledgeville Police Department has announced it will hold a news conference to discuss the Ben Roethlisberger investigation at 3:30 PM PST.

TMZ will live blog the conference as it happens.

Stay tuned ...

Hey, nice link. :D

Shawn
03-05-2010, 07:33 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":zgkfgt5b]i certainly hope i am wrong, but going/following a girl you just met into the womens restroom is pretty damn stupid when you have the kind of action he carries. doesn't make you a rapist however.

nope, just what i've read here.

i do know ben must be an idiot to let something like this happen again.[/quote:zgkfgt5b]

Really? So, if he was accused at Jack in the Box would that make him an idiot as well? What about this event makes him an idiot? That he went out with Colon? Why isn't Colon an idiot?

JAR
03-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Mayberry Freaking RFD!

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 07:37 PM

Florio's an idiot. And for someone who was a lawyer he should know better.

A "false accusation" could be as simple as "a tall man who weighed about 240 pounds with brown hair assaulted me".

There could be ten guys in the club matching that description and nine of them are innocent, but now "falsely accused". :roll:

I guess it's his job, but Florio just likes to :stirpot

SteelBucks
03-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Well the PC was a waste of time. Ben is listed on the report and accused of sexual assault. No charges have been filed at this time.

Eddie Spaghetti
03-05-2010, 07:38 PM
settle down beavis. you sound like a high school girl.

do you think it's a good thing bens name and the words sexual assault are used in the same sentence?

SteelBucks
03-05-2010, 07:40 PM

do you think it's a good thing bens name and the words sexual assault are used in the same sentence?

Where did I say it was a good thing?

Eddie Spaghetti
03-05-2010, 07:42 PM

was talking to superfan shawn.

SteelBucks
03-05-2010, 07:42 PM
[quote="Eddie Spaghetti":xm8bhaj7]settle down beavis. you sound like a high school girl.

was talking to superfan shawn.[/quote:xm8bhaj7]

Sorry, my bad.

NJ-STEELER
03-05-2010, 07:45 PM
sounds like Bufurd T. Justice

JAR
03-05-2010, 07:46 PM
The girl was 20? What was she doing in a club at that time?

SteelBucks
03-05-2010, 07:50 PM
The girl was 20? What was she doing in a club at that time?

It's a college town. Some college bars/clubs are 18 and over.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Well the PC was a waste of time. Ben is listed on the report and accused of sexual assault. No charges have been filed at this time.

Basically said witnesses from the accuser's party alleged that Ben sexually assaulted the accuser. That was about it.

And as JAR stated, Mayberry RFD indeed. The guy couldn't even pronounce Ben's last name. I think he called him Rothlesinsnisburger or something like that.

snarky
03-05-2010, 07:55 PM
Of course this whole thing is in the early stages but I will say this: If it is true that he followed her into the women's bathroom and they were the only two people in there he is going to have a tough time defending himself from these charges (true or not).

JAR
03-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Hmmmmmm

The communication supervisor for the Milledgeville Police Department told WTAE Channel 4 Action News that a woman reported being sexually assaulted by a white man, roughly 6 feet 5 inches, 241 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. The Steelers' team roster lists those as Roethlisberger's measurements.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
Hmmmmmm

The communication supervisor for the Milledgeville Police Department told WTAE Channel 4 Action News that a woman reported being sexually assaulted by a white man, roughly 6 feet 5 inches, 241 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair. The Steelers' team roster lists those as Roethlisberger's measurements.

Yeah, and the waitress at applebees that served me the other day was 5 foot 4 141 pounds. I got a good eye like that. :lol:

Shawn
03-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Of course this whole thing is in the early stages but I will say this: If it is true that he followed her into the women's bathroom and they were the only two people in there he is going to have a tough time defending himself from these charges (true or not).

Ehh depends. If there are vaginal contusions, scratches on her or Ben, semen from Ben then maybe it's hard to defend. I would like to see evidence before I decide if it's hard to defend. I see this several times a month and know how cops think about this sort of stuff. There needs to be some physical evidence or admission of guilt by Ben.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 08:10 PM

Basically said witnesses from the accuser's party alleged that Ben sexually assaulted the accuser. That was about it.

And as JAR stated, Mayberry RFD indeed. The guy couldn't even pronounce Ben's last name. I think he called him Rothlesinsnisburger or something like that.

So they were in the restroom watching? Sounds kinky...lol.

snarky
03-05-2010, 08:11 PM

Ehh depends. If there are vaginal contusions, scratches on her or Ben, semen from Ben then maybe it's hard to defend. I would like to see evidence before I decide if it's hard to defend. I see this several times a month and know how cops think about this sort of stuff. There needs to be some physical evidence or admission of guilt by Ben.

OK, I guess I should say that was all my opinion. I am no legal expert but I see it like this. If the allegation is rape (forced intercourse) then yes there should be physical evidence to support it. But if the allegation is just a 'basic' sexual assault (groping or something like that) then it's going to be his word against hers and either he doesn't testify or he has to answer for why he was in the women's room.

I guess my main point is that going into the women's room was a mistake.

hellbanger
03-05-2010, 08:12 PM
What happened to the Ben that got fined by the NFL for having WWJD on his cleats? I remember the Steelers drafting this clean cut christian kid from the Ohio subburbs.

Shawn
03-05-2010, 08:15 PM
What happened to the Ben that got fined by the NFL for having WWJD on his cleats? I remember the Steelers drafting this clean cut christian kid from the Ohio subburbs.

Why even bring something like that up?

Shawn
03-05-2010, 08:16 PM

OK, I guess I should say that was all my opinion. I am no legal expert but I see it like this. If the allegation is rape (forced intercourse) then yes there should be physical evidence to support it. But if the allegation is just a 'basic' sexual assault (groping or something like that) then it's going to be his word against hers and either he doesn't testify or he has to answer for why he was in the women's room.

Oh I agree...if he went into the women's restroom then that was a mistake. Do we know he did?

NJ-STEELER
03-05-2010, 08:18 PM
Hmmmmmm

yeah

amazing she nailed his listed wait

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 08:18 PM

women's rooms are usually a lot less crowded than men's rooms at a bar... :D

hellbanger
03-05-2010, 08:19 PM

Why? because he came in this league as a very different person than he is now. Whether he is guilty of these crimes or not HE puts himself in these situations. He came in humble now hes acting like hes King Sh*t. I find it intersting.

NJ-STEELER
03-05-2010, 08:21 PM

the cops in the video stated it was not a rape allegation but a sexual assault, for what its worth

Shawn
03-05-2010, 08:23 PM

Why? because he came in this league as a very different person than he is now. Whether he is guilty of these crimes or not HE puts himself in these situations. He came in humble now hes acting like hes King Sh*t. I find it intersting.

How is he different? I'm sure he always partied...even seen some college party pics of Ben. I think Ben came in acting like King Sh*t and has since been humbled a bit.

There is alot of speculation about Ben and his personality here which is contrived and based on very little information. This is exactly why being tried by your "peers" is not a good idea.

Steelhere10
03-05-2010, 08:24 PM

I have a hard time believing ben was all the way down in Georgia the Friday before a game.
I never said he was in Georgia, i was in Pittsburgh for the game. I never should have said local, but local Pittsburgh.

NW Steeler
03-05-2010, 08:25 PM
No matter what happened, he continues to put himself in positions that ultimately get him into hot water or almost killed. I love Ben as our QB, but jeezus he is starting to look like a moron. Time to get married and sit your ass at home Ben!

SteelCrazy
03-05-2010, 08:25 PM

Because, if Ben were what he was fined for he wouldn't be in this position....If he didn't know it before, he knows now, he has an X on his back.....guilty or not guilty

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
No matter what happened, he continues to put himself in positions that ultimately get him into hot water or almost killed. I love Ben as our QB, but jeezus he is starting to look like a moron. Time to get married and sit your bad word at home Ben!

I don't know if I would wish marriage onto Ben, but he certainly should try to at least get a steady girlfriend or something.

what's the matter, NW Steeler...why would you wish such a cruel fate onto Big Ben, don't you like him? :lol:

JAR
03-05-2010, 08:31 PM

Although I believe Ben is innocent, you're trying to say that if Ben was still the WWJD shoe wearer, he would have never committed assault? So, priests haven't been arrested for child molestation? The Son of Sam wasn't a Born Again Christian? Ted Bundy wasn't a practicing Mormon? So on and so on.....

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 08:32 PM

the cops in the video stated it was not a rape allegation but a sexual assault, for what its worth

I think he was just pointing out the difference between the two. One would require physical evidence whereas the other can be simply he said-she said.

Meaning if he actually went in the women's room then it will be tough for him to defend himself against charges of sexual assault, because even brushing up against a woman can be considered sexual assault.

http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/sexual-assault.cfm#a

Sexual assault can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention.

Ben should just sit home and read the Christian Science Monitor whenever he isn't playing football...because even just walking down the street he is "putting himself in position" to be accused of sexual assault.

Or maybe he should get one of these:

http://www.kinetics.co.nz/newssite/PublishingImages/bubble_boy.jpg

steelz09
03-05-2010, 08:34 PM
No matter what happened, he continues to put himself in positions that ultimately get him into hot water or almost killed. I love Ben as our QB, but jeezus he is starting to look like a moron. Time to get married and sit your bad word at home Ben!

Truly guilty or not, this is an absolute bone head decision by Ben. With the current civil suit lingering, why would you even put yourself into a situation even close to this. What an idiot... Very bad publicity as well ... The Nevada lawyer is probably "licking their chops" right now.

JAR
03-05-2010, 08:36 PM
[quote=snarky]Of course this whole thing is in the early stages but I will say this: If it is true that he followed her into the women's bathroom and they were the only two people in there he is going to have a tough time defending himself from these charges (true or not).

I think he was just pointing out the difference between the two. One would require physical evidence whereas the other can be simply he said-she said.

Meaning if he actually went in the women's room then it will be tough for him to defend himself against charges of sexual assault, because even brushing up against a woman can be considered sexual assault.

http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/sexual-assault.cfm#a

Sexual assault can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention.

Ben should just sit home and read the Christian Science Monitor whenever he isn't playing football...because even just walking down the street he is "putting himself in position" to be accused of sexual assault.

Or maybe he should get one of these:

http://www.kinetics.co.nz/newssite/PublishingImages/bubble_boy.jpg[/quote:232q2gur]

Really Ben, NO LIFE FOR YOU!

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 08:37 PM

Truly guilty or not, this is an absolute bone head decision by Ben. With the current civil suit lingering, why would you even put yourself into a situation even close to this. What an idiot... Very bad publicity as well ... The Nevada lawyer is probably "licking their chops" right now.

Again, walking down the street is a bone headed decision since even looking at a woman "wrong" can be constituted as sexual assault.

All we know for sure is that Ben went to a bar. That's it. For people to think that he should never be able to go to a bar ever is simply asinine...and very self righteous AND hypocritical.

fezziwig
03-05-2010, 08:41 PM

Your right about the kids and needing to explain stuff to them. TV, radio and movies along with practically everything else has robbed our children of their youth. My daughter asked me last week where babies come from and I had to tell her they're down loaded from the internet. i don't know what to tell the kids anymore with all the negative crap going on in this worls.

NW Steeler
03-05-2010, 08:43 PM

I don't know if I would wish marriage onto Ben, but he certainly should try to at least get a steady girlfriend or something.

what's the matter, NW Steeler...why would you wish such a cruel fate onto Big Ben, don't you like him? :lol:

Oh come on, being married is as happy as it gets!! :wink:

fezziwig
03-05-2010, 08:47 PM
BTW, have you noticed all the trouble for the Steelers of late has been with the white players ? Ben twice, Reed twice and Spaeth once. Kind of refreshing, don't ya think ?

Okay, settle down and please don't get your panties in a wedge. I like to poke fun when the chips are down.

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 08:50 PM
BTW, have you noticed all the trouble for the Steelers of late has been with the white players ? Ben twice, Reed twice and Spaeth once. Kind of refreshing, don't ya think ?

Okay, settle down and please don't get your panties in a wedge. I like to poke fun when the chips are down.

that's it, no more white players for the Steelers...i'm going to take all the white guys out of my mock! :lol:

steelz09
03-05-2010, 08:52 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":1e5afn4q]No matter what happened, he continues to put himself in positions that ultimately get him into hot water or almost killed. I love Ben as our QB, but jeezus he is starting to look like a moron. Time to get married and sit your bad word at home Ben!

Again, walking down the street is a bone headed decision since even looking at a woman "wrong" can be constituted as sexual assault.

All we know for sure is that Ben went to a bar. That's it. For people to think that he should never be able to go to a bar ever is simply asinine...and very self righteous AND hypocritical.[/quote:1e5afn4q]

I understand your point but you and everyone here would think twice if you were worth 100+ million dollars, didn't want to put your family in an bad situation, a franchise QB for a very proud fan base and organization, and ESPECIALLY an existing sexual assault civil suit against you. It's simply using common sense. You walk around being AWARE that people may have bad intentions or other motives given your fame, money and current lingering legal issues. That's the bottom line, he has to me more cautious. I'm not saying don't go out to a club, don't go drink with your teammates/friends, or whatever .. just use your freakin' brain and think of the consequences as well as your current situation.

If he was even slightly forceful he's an idiot. If she said stop and he continued in the slightest manner, he's still an idiot.

Again - It's possible all of this is a complete misunderstanding but he better hope so...

fezziwig
03-05-2010, 08:53 PM

that's it, no more white players for the Steelers...i'm going to take all the white guys out of my mock! :lol:

As Fred Sanford said once, " White people drive black Cadillacs and black people drive white Cadillacs. " Maybe that we have a Black head coach, the white players get in trouble ? Oh yeah, the Bengals blow that theory out of the water.

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":1rpuejvs]No matter what happened, he continues to put himself in positions that ultimately get him into hot water or almost killed. I love Ben as our QB, but jeezus he is starting to look like a moron. Time to get married and sit your bad word at home Ben!

Oh come on, being married is as happy as it gets!! :wink:[/quote:1rpuejvs]

and if you want to stay happily married you better not ever, ever forget it! :Cheers

fezziwig
03-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Maybe since Willie Colon was with Ben he can stand up for him ? He can't protect Ben on the field but maybe on the dance floor.

birtikidis
03-05-2010, 09:05 PM
he needs to go back to dating hot golfers and tennis players. what's with the recent run of skanks ben's been on?

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Maybe since Willie Colon was with Ben he can stand up for him ? He can't protect Ben on the field but maybe on the dance floor.

Ben was gonna put a move on the girl earlier in the evening but Willie Colon was called for a false start... :D

Mister Pittsburgh
03-05-2010, 09:11 PM
To some, Ben is just a normal guy that should be able to do what other normal guys do. You know, like ride a motorcycle. I mean millions of people ride motorcycles every day. He should be able to ride one too. He doesn't even have to wear a helmet. There is nothing against the law about riding a motorcycle without a helmet.

Even though he was an accident it wasn't his fault, the other driver pulled out in front of him. When he isn't playing football he should be able to do whatever he wants. Riding motorcycles....going to clubs surrounded by 20 year old women that are in their sophomore years of college looking forward to at least another 3 years of school while facing a sex assault case in Nevada brought on by being alone with a young woman with no witnesses....he can do whatever he wants.

:Boobs

From now on, I would advise Ben to date the Natalie Gulbis, Missy Peregrym type chicks that have their own money and don't need to invent stories to hit the Bennyball lottery if he can pull himself out of the clubbin' scene.

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 09:36 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":1ttaq79s]No matter what happened, he continues to put himself in positions that ultimately get him into hot water or almost killed. I love Ben as our QB, but jeezus he is starting to look like a moron. Time to get married and sit your bad word at home Ben!

All we know for sure is that Ben went to a bar. That's it. For people to think that he should never be able to go to a bar ever is simply asinine...and very self righteous AND hypocritical.

I understand your point but you and everyone here would think twice if you were worth 100+ million dollars, didn't want to put your family in an bad situation, a franchise QB for a very proud fan base and organization, and ESPECIALLY an existing sexual assault civil suit against you. It's simply using common sense. You walk around being AWARE that people may have bad intentions or other motives given your fame, money and current lingering legal issues. That's the bottom line, he has to me more cautious. I'm not saying don't go out to a club, don't go drink with your teammates/friends, or whatever .. just use your freakin' brain and think of the consequences as well as your current situation.

If he was even slightly forceful he's an idiot. If she said stop and he continued in the slightest manner, he's still an idiot.

Again - It's possible all of this is a complete misunderstanding but he better hope so...[/quote:1ttaq79s]

I don't disagree with you but we still don't know the whole story here.

They could have been going to the bathroom "together" meaning he went to the men's room and she to the ladies' room. She got an idea...and boom...sexual assault charges against Ben.

We don't know what took place and Ben is a target anywhere he goes at any time. Most people are expecting him to just give up his life because he's the QB of their favorite team.

I'll be my left nut that most of the people here who are so upset over this are upset because of the grief they're going to personally get about this. They'll never admit it but you know it's true.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-05-2010, 09:38 PM

Ben was gonna put a move on the girl earlier in the evening but Willie Colon was called for a false start... :D

I DEFY anyone to find two funnier posts on this whole board.

Fezzmeister and Aloha Steel ...

:lol: :lol: :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 09:40 PM

I DEFY anyone to find two funnier posts on this whole board.

Fezzmeister and Aloha Steel ...

:lol: :lol: :Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

Look in the thread about Ben's shirt. :lol:

NJ-STEELER
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
we should ask everyone opinion of what they think happened...

personally, i think it gonna play out similiar to the mcnulty case. with the difference being there's a group of people there to be first hand witnesses.

2 groups come together, have drinks that carry over to another bar.
one (most likely more) of them becomes enamored with ben and both sides flirt with each other. drinks lead to more flirting, kissing, etc.
a while later both head to the restroom to relieve themselvs and one of them has a great idea they can have a bit more privacy for their make out session and head to the same bathroom.

things get hot and heavy etc etc. at the end of the night, instead of inviting girl back, most of the groups seperate and go home.

20 year old is jilted that ben isn't gonna be her "boyfriend" and that she feels "used" and conjures up a story that she was sexually assaulted.

of course, i can be way off and maybe ben forced his way with her into the women's bathroom and porked her while sticking her head in the toilet \...all because he felt he was owed something for buying drinks all night.

fezziwig
03-05-2010, 10:28 PM
Let's face it, Ben just can't complete a pass when he's not on the field.

Bens been sacked so many times in his career, maybe he thinks he supposed to jump in the sack every chance he gets.

Willie finally learns to play interference and Ben still gets in trouble.

papillon
03-05-2010, 11:56 PM
[quote="stlrz d":e2ahfzak][quote=Shawn][quote="stlrz d":e2ahfzak]Unlike others I'll wait for the whole story before offering an "opinion".

If that's no fun then so be it. :D[/quote:e2ahfzak]

They just danced in front of 1000 people and she called the cops. :roll:[/quote:e2ahfzak]

:wft[/quote:e2ahfzak]

Or, he sexually assaulted her...no other quarterbacks are being accused of sexual assault every 10 or 11 months. Ben isn't the only millionaire quarterback out there. It is a disturbing trend that these women see Ben as a target. He can only be a target if allows himself to be a target.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-06-2010, 12:09 AM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":3udx45o6]...

Or, he sexually assaulted her...no other quarterbacks are being accused of sexual assault every 10 or 11 months. Ben isn't the only millionaire quarterback out there. It is a disturbing trend that these women see Ben as a target. He can only be a target if allows himself to be a target.

Pappy[/quote:3udx45o6]

In your sig (Pappy) - Round 3 and Round 4 ... "OC" ... Offensive Coordinator? :wink:

As to your suggestion that he may be guilty because he is the only one being accused... could it be maybe because he's the only one of these multimillionaire QBs who parties like a frat boy? Stuff that used to be just fine when you're 19 and penniless probably doesn't work when you're Big Ben ... "Hmmm, that was nice, I can't believe I just **'d a football player. Hey, maybe I can get something out of this ...". Those Duke Lacrosse players came to mind. Innocent, every one of them, with the female making every bit of the story up. But the media sure jumped on those boys, didn't they ...

skyhawk
03-06-2010, 12:12 AM
[quote=jhansle1][quote="NW Steeler":35y9du8l]No matter what happened, he continues to put himself in positions that ultimately get him into hot water or almost killed. I love Ben as our QB, but jeezus he is starting to look like a moron. Time to get married and sit your bad word at home Ben!

Again - It's possible all of this is a complete misunderstanding but he better hope so...[/quote:35y9du8l]

I don't disagree with you but we still don't know the whole story here.

They could have been going to the bathroom "together" meaning he went to the men's room and she to the ladies' room. She got an idea...and boom...sexual assault charges against Ben.

We don't know what took place and Ben is a target anywhere he goes at any time. Most people are expecting him to just give up his life because he's the QB of their favorite team.

I'll be my left nut that most of the people here who are so upset over this are upset because of the grief they're going to personally get about this. They'll never admit it but you know it's true.[/quote:35y9du8l]

Yep, I have already gotten alot of grief from three SEAHAWKS fans. They are lovin it.

stlrz d
03-06-2010, 12:16 AM

Pappy

Or maybe because he has a pending civil suit she figured a false claim of sexual assault would be seen as legit?

He didn't have to do anything to be a target. He's a target everywhere he goes. Walking down the street makes him a target.

Just sayin'.

Btw, I read on another forum that he was celebrating his birthday and that Bettis was there with him too. Has anyone else heard this?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-06-2010, 12:20 AM

Pappy

Or maybe because he has a pending civil suit she figured a false claim of sexual assault would be seen as legit?

He didn't have to do anything to be a target. He's a target everywhere he goes. Walking down the street makes him a target.

Just sayin'.

Btw, I read on another forum that he was celebrating his birthday and that Bettis was there with him too. Has anyone else heard this?

http://nfl.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger DOB: 3-2-82

papillon
03-06-2010, 12:20 AM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":18as5qvx]...

Pappy

In your sig (Pappy) - Round 3 and Round 4 ... "OC" ... Offensive Coordinator? :wink:

As to your suggestion that he may be guilty because he is the only one being accused... could it be maybe because he's the only one of these multimillionaire QBs who parties like a frat boy? Stuff that used to be just fine when you're 19 and penniless probably doesn't work when you're Big Ben ... "Hmmm, that was nice, I can't believe I just **'d a football player. Hey, maybe I can get something out of this ...". Those Duke Lacrosse players came to mind. Innocent, every one of them, with the female making every bit of the story up. But the media sure jumped on those boys, didn't they ...[/quote:18as5qvx]

I'm not saying he's guilty. What I'm saying he isn't the only rich single athlete going out clubbing and having a good time. He is the only one to be accused of sexual assault twice in the past 11 months or whatever the time frame. He's putting himself in these positions by making poor decisions. It's admirable that he wants to be a normal guy, however, he needs to realize that until he retires the days of being a normal guy are over.

He needs to rent a date if you know what I mean. These women are paid handsomely not to talk about the dates they go on or he needs to continue dating the women in his tax bracket.

He can go to a restaurant and have dinner, a sporting event, play a round of golf, etc, but going into a night club is inviting trouble. Just my opinion.

Pappy

stlrz d
03-06-2010, 12:25 AM
All this "he put himself in a bad position" talk is nothing more than BS until the facts actually come out and it's proved that he did, in fact, put himself in a bad position.

stlrz d
03-06-2010, 12:27 AM

Pappy

Just sayin'.

http://nfl.wikia.com/wiki/Ben_Roethlisberger DOB: 3-2-82

Yeah...he went out the night of the 4th with 2 friends. Certainly not unusual for people to celebrate a birthday on a day that is not their actual birthday.

Shawn
03-06-2010, 12:31 AM

Pappy

Just sayin'.

He wouldn't be the first victim of those who want to climb on board when a lawsuit is active.

sling it
03-06-2010, 01:00 AM
He's KILLIN' me! I JUST bought a premier #7 jersey - it's on its way. Come on, Ben, wake the @#$% up!

NJ-STEELER
03-06-2010, 02:06 AM
[quote="Mister Pittsburgh":1ecyspxh]...

Pappy

As to your suggestion that he may be guilty because he is the only one being accused... could it be maybe because he's the only one of these multimillionaire QBs who parties like a frat boy? Stuff that used to be just fine when you're 19 and penniless probably doesn't work when you're Big Ben ... "Hmmm, that was nice, I can't believe I just **'d a football player. Hey, maybe I can get something out of this ...". Those Duke Lacrosse players came to mind. Innocent, every one of them, with the female making every bit of the story up. But the media sure jumped on those boys, didn't they ...

I'm not saying he's guilty. What I'm saying he isn't the only rich single athlete going out clubbing and having a good time. He is the only one to be accused of sexual assault twice in the past 11 months or whatever the time frame. He's putting himself in these positions by making poor decisions. It's admirable that he wants to be a normal guy, however, he needs to realize that until he retires the days of being a normal guy are over.

He needs to rent a date if you know what I mean. These women are paid handsomely not to talk about the dates they go on or he needs to continue dating the women in his tax bracket.

He can go to a restaurant and have dinner, a sporting event, play a round of golf, etc, but going into a night club is inviting trouble. Just my opinion.

Pappy[/quote:1ecyspxh]
what if that restaurant stops serving food at 11pm but stays open as a bar until 2am.

is that OK? where would the cut off be?

steelz09
03-06-2010, 02:23 AM
Outside of the Kool-Aid Drinkers, the rest of the country now thinks he's a complete dirt bag. Most gave him a free pass on the first incident because it sounds flakey and doesn't seem to be legitimate. However, tack on this to the equation and all those people that thought the first incident wasn't "for real", now believe he's just a flat out loser off the field. He will start to be put into the same category as the other players that have "off the field troubles" which we all talk about on this forum.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Business/images/kool-aid-man.jpg

Shawn
03-06-2010, 02:24 AM
He's KILLIN' me! I JUST bought a premier #7 jersey - it's on its way. Come on, Ben, wake the @#$% up!

No problem for a few extra bucks you can get some of the letters changed out.

#7 Roethlisraper. :D

Shawn
03-06-2010, 02:24 AM
Outside of the Kool-Aid Drinkers, the rest of the country now thinks he's a complete dirt bag. Most gave him a free pass on the first incident because it sounds flakey and doesn't seem to be legitimate. However, tack on this to the equation and all those people that thought the first incident wasn't "for real", now believe he's just a flat out loser off the field. He will start to be put into the same category as the other players that have "off the field troubles" which we all talk about on this forum.

Come on I know you are more level headed than this.

steelz09
03-06-2010, 02:40 AM

Come on I know you are more level headed than this.

Shawn,

I'm serious though.... most people that I know of, Steelers fans or not didn't think much of the last incident but now its a completely different story. It's like anything else regardless if your convicted or not especially with the media on this story. His rep is tainted for awhile right now given this second incident... no doubt in my mind. Like it or not, people will think differently of Ben for awhile.

It's like anything else. You start seeing a trend and people no longer will look past that first incident as either "bad luck", an honest mistake or whatever the case may be. They see it as a problem a problem now regardless. And this concept doesn't just include sexual assault... its the same for drugs, domestic violence, etc

feltdizz
03-06-2010, 03:08 AM
Perception becomes reality in America...

what if PacMan didn't know the shooter in Vegas and never put his hands on anyone? Sounds crazy right?

What if Ray Lewis really didn't obstruct justice and jus wanted to put it all behind him?

What if Michael Jackson was a big kid, never touched a kid and was framed and murdered for his Beatles and AVT publishing catalog?

See... This is why Ben is guilty regardless of his innocence...He may have went out to party but guess what? When you are involved in a case with the word rape you don't party. If you are accused of molesting kids you don't have sleep overs with kids. It's that simple. All the Ben apologist have it all wrong. We aren't saying Ben can't live or party... But he can't party with young drunk college chicks. Stop bringing up burger king and restaurants or walking down the street and being a target.. He has probably been to those places and guess what? No drama...

BURGH86STEEL
03-06-2010, 03:43 AM
There is obviously something wrong with the way he goes about his business. Ben needs to stop putting himself in these types of situations. Maybe he should start hanging out with Troy more often.

LordVile
03-06-2010, 04:10 AM
michael jackson didn't do it... OJ is innocent and so is Ben...Richard Ramirez also. please leave my heroes alone..

sling it
03-06-2010, 04:44 AM

No problem for a few extra bucks you can get some of the letters changed out.

#7 Roethlisraper. :D
Or Rapistberger. Grrreat. :shock:

Vindrow
03-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Geez Ben, next time you have sex with a woman do yourself a favor and have her sign a form for consensual sex and have it notarized.

stlrz d
03-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Seriously...some of you guys are making yourselves look very bad.

You need to stop putting yourselves in such bad positions by posting what you're posting.

:roll:

And for the last time...since some people just can't seem to get it, BEN IS NOT INVOLVED IN A CASE WITH THE WORD RAPE.

He IS involved in a civil suit for alleged sexual assault. RAPE is not part of the case.

flippy
03-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Should we trade him to Cincy at this point?

He's starting to sound worse than Michael Vick and Pac Man combined.

2 girls, a motorcycle without a helmet.....what's next?

Not only is this making him look bad, but it also is making the Steelers look bad too.

Geesh, who sexually assaults women?

I don't want to believe this, but add in the no helmet incident and it shows our QB lacks judgement off the field.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Anyone else find this quote by this deputy odd?

"He was initially interviewed by our officers. We had a situation where we weren't able to get hold of everybody at the same time. He was released with his party, and then we took care of our victim, who was at the hospital," Deputy Chief Malone said.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10065/104 ... z0hOx5HU9P (http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10065/1040779-455.stm#ixzz0hOx5HU9P)

JAR
03-06-2010, 09:38 AM

"He was initially interviewed by our officers. We had a situation where we weren't able to get hold of everybody at the same time. He was released with his party, and then we took care of our victim, who was at the hospital," Deputy Chief Malone said.

Read more: http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10065/104 ... z0hOx5HU9P (http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10065/1040779-455.stm#ixzz0hOx5HU9P)

The whole thing is weird. The accuser didn't report the assault to the cops, TMZ did. The accuser listed the assaulter as 6'5 241 pounds, Ben's exact height and weight that are on the roster. It happened in the bathroom, then it didn't happen in the bathroom, but in a hallway. It sounds like a story made up by 19 and 20 year old drunk co-eds to me.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-06-2010, 09:57 AM

The whole thing is weird. The accuser didn't report the assault to the cops, TMZ did. The accuser listed the assaulter as 6'5 241 pounds, Ben's exact height and weight that are on the roster. It happened in the bathroom, then it didn't happen in the bathroom, but in a hallway. It sounds like a story made up by 19 and 20 year old drunk co-eds to me.

It is a pretty shady story and scenario. What do you think of the deputy referring to the accuser as 'the victim'? To refer to her as a 'vicitim' alludes to the thought that a crime definately occurred. You can't have a victim without an assailant can you? He should refer to her as the accuser until proof a crime occurred.

NorthCoast
03-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Guilty or not, Ben is officially an idiot.

To have a similar case still pending and then even be associated with this kind of incident is plain and pure poor judgment.

He needs to:

a) get a hot model girlfriend and do his thing with her for a few years, or

b) pay for it from a professional, or

c) double-date until he grows out of this phase of his life

Weird thing is, how did Tiger Woods get away with his flings for so long and never had accusations thrown at him about rape? Maybe Ben just needs to start slipping these girls a little coin to keep them satisfied?

MaxAMillion
03-06-2010, 10:06 AM
Tiger Woods apparently had sex with a different woman every few weeks and I don't remember any of them accusing him of forcing himself on them. How can these cases keep coming up? There are a ton of players in professional sports who are womanizers, and they somehow keep from being accused multiple times of forcing themselves on someone.

I agree that all the facts need to come in. We shouldn't jump to any conclusions. That also means assuming that Ben is innocent because he plays for the Steelers. If my daughter was in a situation like this, I would hope that it would get investigated thoroughly without assumptions that the rich athlete can't possibly be guilty.

steelz09
03-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Seriously...some of you guys are making yourselves look very bad.

You need to stop putting yourselves in such bad positions by posting what you're posting.

And for the last time...since some people just can't seem to get it, BEN IS NOT INVOLVED IN A CASE WITH THE WORD RAPE.

He IS involved in a civil suit for alleged sexual assault. RAPE is not part of the case.

I think most people on this board knows the Nevada incident is a civil suit. However, most others through the country do not know that ... why? Because of the major media outlets. For example, since yesterday ESPN while reporting this incident; they are saying that in a previous case, Roethlisberger has been accused of Rape of a Nevada women during 2008 and has a pending civil suit. Yes, the the biggest sports news outlet in the country is reporting that. On the opening page of MSN.com, it says "QB Accused of Sex Crime". The majority of the country gets there sports info from ESPN.

Like it or not, accurate or not, people don't hear the words "civil suit" in that espn comment; they hear the word RAPE. There is probably many others that don't know really know what a civil suit is without looking it up. But they know what rape is.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Perception becomes reality in America...

what if PacMan didn't know the shooter in Vegas and never put his hands on anyone? Sounds crazy right?

What if Ray Lewis really didn't obstruct justice and jus wanted to put it all behind him?

What if Michael Jackson was a big kid, never touched a kid and was framed and murdered for his Beatles and AVT publishing catalog?

See... This is why Ben is guilty regardless of his innocence...He may have went out to party but guess what? When you are involved in a case with the word rape you don't party. If you are accused of molesting kids you don't have sleep overs with kids. It's that simple. All the Ben apologist have it all wrong. We aren't saying Ben can't live or party... But he can't party with young drunk college chicks. Stop bringing up burger king and restaurants or walking down the street and being a target.. He has probably been to those places and guess what? No drama...

I don't dispute the fact that in the public's eyes, there is now little difference between Pac-Man, Ray-Ray, and Ben. Throw in the Bengals guys, and it's all the same - "trash that think they are not bound by the same rules the rest of us are". It may not be fair, but that is perception in America.

The real question in my mind is ... when all is said and done, how will the NFL market Ben - like a Ray Ray hero, or like a low life loser (like the others). It's not Steeler board posters opinions that will make a difference. Obviously the court case would need to play out first, if it goes that far.

Either way, Ben's future is out of his hands now, at least for a while. That sucks.

fezziwig
03-06-2010, 11:00 AM

I didn't call him a serial rapist. I do find it hard to believe some 20 year old girl that possibly just met him that night planned and decided to make money off him from a scam like this.

I hope Ben is innocent for all kind of reasons.

1. I hope no person has been assualted
2. I want a QB that is a good person.
3. I feel bad for Bens family and all families that it surrounds.
4. It's a black eye for the team we are proud of and for our city.
5. We have never dealt with something like this that I know of at this magnitude.

JAR
03-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Milledgeville – This small college town is abuzz that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is a suspect in a sexual assault of a college student at a nightclub here.

Milledgeville police say the NFL superstar and his 20-year-old accuser visited several establishments late Thursday night before the alleged attack.

The quarterback has spoken with police, said his agent who, in a statement, denies the charges leveled against his client. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is assisting in the investigation.

Ashley Madden, a student at Georgia College & State University, said she is acquainted with the girl who is the accuser. Police said the accuser is a student at the school.

Madden said she saw Roethlisberger and the young woman at two bars –The Velvet Elvis and The Brick. The girl was sitting near him and they seemed to be getting along, she said.

Madden said one of her friends tried to take a picture of Roethlisberger, but “he snapped at her, saying ‘Don’t take a picture unless I’m ready.’ ”

She said she did not see him do anything inappropriate to the girl, and that other girls were also around him.

College students who gathered Friday night at the busy club area in town talked incessantly about the incident. They said that at first they could not believe that the superstar was in their town. They said he he was treated like the biggest man on campus.

Then, when they heard what police were saying, they were shocked over the allegations.

Several were being interviewed by news crews.

The students traded rumors in the cold outside the Capital City nightclub at 119 South Wayne Street, where police say the alleged incident occurred. Some said they met the football player at the club. Some said they knew the accuser. Their conversations were filled with speculation. Some took sides, blaming him or her.

“For a little Georgia town, something like this is big,” said Brandon Priest, 21, of Loganville.

Students said the superstar was approached in the clubs by many people who wanted to get a photo with him or receive a hug. He had a handful of large men with him, who sometimes blocked people from coming close, they said.

“Everybody wanted to talk to him,” said Charles Arp, 19, who is studying environmental sciences at GCSU. “I tried to talk to him but his bodyguard just pushed me away.”

Others said Roethlisberger was friendly and well-behaved, signing autographs, standing for photos and buying drinks for people.

“I went up and talked to him. He was real cool,” said Hayden Lewis, a student at the nearby Georgia Military College.

Several students who said they know the accuser said she is a good person. Several said that Facebook sites and texting have lit up with news of the allegation. They said she has taken down her Facebook page.

“She’s a fun, outgoing sweet person,” said GCSU student Beckett Johnson, 21.

The quarterback has spoken with police, said his agent who, in a statement, denies the charges leveled against his client. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is assisting in the investigation.

The unidentified woman claims she was "sexually assaulted or sexually manipulated" by a man, police said. The woman, treated and released from Oconee Regional Medical Center, described her attacker as 6-foot-5, and 241 pounds, though she did not name Roethlisberger, who just turned 28, as the perpetrator.

Police said the incident took place between 11 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 a.m. at the Capital City nightclub near downtown Milledgeville and the GCSU campus.

"He's been identified as being at the scene," Milledgeville police Deputy Chief Richard Malone said.

Malone indicated to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that the case is very much active. Investigators are collecting additional evidence, and more than a dozen investigators have been involved throughout the day, the Post-Gazette said.

"The woman approached one of our officers in the downtown area near Capital City saying she'd been sexually assaulted," by a the suspect described in the police report, Milledgeville Police spokesman David McNeely told the AJC.

The alleged victim was treated and released at the Oconee Regional Medical Center in Milledgeville, the Post-Gazette reported.

Investigators interviewed between seven and nine people, including the woman, Roethlisberger and everyone in their parties, the Post-Gazette said. Those initial interviews took place between 2:30 a.m. and 3 a.m., the Post-Gazette said.

According to various media outlets, Roethlisberger has a winter home in Reynolds Plantation, a resort community on Lake Oconee in Greensboro.

He's been accused of sexual assault before.

Last year, a woman claimed she was raped by the quarterback in 2008 in a Lake Tahoe, Nev. hotel room. Although no criminal charges were filed, the woman, Andrea McNulty, filed a civil suit against Roethlisberger to compel him to make a public admission and give her an apology and $100,000.

Milledgeville hardly has spent much time in the national spotlight. It is perhaps best known for its large mental hospital.

Friday nights come alive with scads of students swarming amid the downtown clubs. The young women were dressed up. Many were cold since they didn’t wear coats. The young people dodge in and out of traffic into clubs where bands play loud enough to hear them on the street.

One young man leaned out of a pick up truck to vomit, while the truck was still moving.

Beyond the club district, the town is quiet, with a Piggly Wiggly and a convenience store with a sign advertizing beer kegs.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/roethli ... html?imw=Y (http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/roethlisberger-has-become-talk-351866.html?imw=Y)

ANPSTEEL
03-06-2010, 12:12 PM
I believe "treating the patient" implies collecting evidence.

If this article is accurate- they'll know pretty quickly whether or not this happened.

ie... dna

If it does turn out that Ben's dna is found-

it would suggest that the woman's story is accurate.

Shawn
03-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Tiger Woods apparently had sex with a different woman every few weeks and I don't remember any of them accusing him of forcing himself on them. How can these cases keep coming up? There are a ton of players in professional sports who are womanizers, and they somehow keep from being accused multiple times of forcing themselves on someone.

I agree that all the facts need to come in. We shouldn't jump to any conclusions. That also means assuming that Ben is innocent because he plays for the Steelers. If my daughter was in a situation like this, I would hope that it would get investigated thoroughly without assumptions that the rich athlete can't possibly be guilty.

This case will be investigated heavily...the world will be watching. I just have a hard time believing Ben got a taste for serial rape after his 100 million dollar contract. No issues in HS or college...but now he decides to rape women? It doesn't add up.

I will not rule out however that he sexually assaulted the young lady. There is a large difference there. Maybe they were making out...she wanted out and he was a little more aggressive than he should have been. Did you know merely hitting on a woman, making a sexual comment etc can be considered sexual assault? So, by this definition he very well could be guilty. No one is giving him a free pass. I just can't believe without some evidence that Ben goes around raping women. It doesn't match up with his past. And it's all too convienent now that he has stupid money that NOW he has all these issues.

cruzer8
03-06-2010, 12:59 PM
This whole thing screams of a set up on the fly.

cruzer8
03-06-2010, 01:01 PM

If this article is accurate- they'll know pretty quickly whether or not this happened.

ie... dna

Really? What if anything they did was consensual and later she changed her story? Would that make her story accurate?

feltdizz
03-06-2010, 01:01 PM

This case will be investigated heavily...the world will be watching. I just have a hard time believing Ben got a taste for serial rape after his 100 million dollar contract. No issues in HS or college...but now he decides to rape women? It doesn't add up.

I will not rule out however that he sexually assaulted the young lady. There is a large difference there. Maybe they were making out...she wanted out and he was a little more aggressive than he should have been. Did you know merely hitting on a woman, making a sexual comment etc can be considered sexual assault? So, by this definition he very well could be guilty. No one is giving him a free pass. I just can't believe without some evidence that Ben goes around raping women. It doesn't match up with his past. And it's all too convienent now that he has stupid money that NOW he has all these issues.

Tiger Woods said he thought the rules didn't apply to him.
When you get fame, money and power the rules don't apply to you.

The motorcycle helmet incident is what makes me kinda scared about these sexual assault charges. When Cowher, Bradshaw and others are telling him to put it away and he blows them off it makes me wonder... When I hear stories about Ben not wanting to pay $5 dollars to get into a pub it makes me wonder...Could a girl saying stop, no, don't get blown off when Ben is drunk?

Honestly.. I think these charges are bogus.. if she indeed said he was 241 pounds she is lying. Who gives a random number that is the accurate weight? However the trend of crazy chicks Ben keeps hanging around needs to stop. Stay home.

Ben is guilty of thinking the rules do not apply to him. I'm innocent in the civil trial so I'll go out and hang with college chicks...No Ben!! TRUST NO ONE!!! Treat every chick as a sexual assualt waiting to happen

feltdizz
03-06-2010, 01:07 PM

ie... dna

Really? What if anything they did was consensual and later she changed her story? Would that make her story accurate?

if Ben's lawyer can't catch her in a lie... it will be accurate.
and given his past transgessions it shows a pattern of aggressive behavior with women.

Ben is stupid.. after the civil trial he should have been with repeats or pay to play women.

This is why Tiger is said to be a dog but not a rapist.. he paid for his nookie.

cruzer8
03-06-2010, 01:14 PM

ie... dna

if Ben's lawyer can't catch her in a lie... it will be accurate.
and given his past transgessions it shows a pattern of aggressive behavior with women.

Ben is stupid.. after the civil trial he should have been with repeats or pay to play women.

This is why Tiger is said to be a dog but not a rapist.. he paid for his nookie.

There is not a pattern of anything. Except possibly bogus claims.

Mister Pittsburgh
03-06-2010, 02:32 PM

ie... dna

My DNA ends up in my wife all the time and I have never assaulted her. She actually kind of likes it :lol:

I know if I were being sexually assaulted by a woman that outweighed me by about 125lbs I would be scratching her, pulling her hair, biting her face off, punching her in the face, etc. So to me, unless Ben had a knife to her throat, there should be some evidence beyond some semen in her vagina as she could have easily fought back or screamed. I hope there is video surveilance in that place that can somehow prove that Ben never entered that bathroom or that she was holding his hand as they both went in.

fezziwig
03-06-2010, 04:43 PM
What the hell is Ben doing at these kind of places anyway ? To me he is practically robbing the craddle. Okay it's is just eight years difference but being a year or two out of highschool to being a 28 year old that has probably lived more life than we will ever live, it doesn't look good that he is even there.

How old is this girl, 20 they say ? If she is 20, what is she doing out drinking in clubs anyway ?

If I got to be in Bens shoes I would be at nicer places, surrounded with friends and my girlfriend. If I was out on the prowl, I sure would be talking to the girls that seem mature enough to handle my fame. I would also be clued in to, I can't be the typical guy that is just out for a one night stand, too much could happen that way.

I bet you if they do find him guilty, it won't end here. This is where other girls will convince theirselves, " I was assualted too, show me the money. "

papillon
03-06-2010, 11:15 PM

Pappy

Just sayin'.

Yea, I'm sure the woman keeps a file on all the civil suits of American athletes and tries to parlay that into a settlement outside the courtroom by making false accuasations that mirror a previous civil or criminal suit.

He did have to do something to be a target. Tiger Woods was evidently giving Wilt Chamberlain a run for his money and not only was he not accused of assualt he managed to keep under wraps. Ben is out there enjoying the limelight and it attracts every knuckle dragging tough guy that will want to drop a two time super bowl inning quarterback to every strumpet and harlot trying to make a buck.

He has to begin to realize this; other famous single athletes are being accused of sexual assault. He simply isn't the brightest bulb in the pack. One of these times it is going to stick and he's going to end suspended or in jail.

Pappy

papillon
03-06-2010, 11:19 PM

Tiger Woods said he thought the rules didn't apply to him.
When you get fame, money and power the rules don't apply to you.

The motorcycle helmet incident is what makes me kinda scared about these sexual assault charges. When Cowher, Bradshaw and others are telling him to put it away and he blows them off it makes me wonder... When I hear stories about Ben not wanting to pay $5 dollars to get into a pub it makes me wonder...Could a girl saying stop, no, don't get blown off when Ben is drunk?

Honestly.. I think these charges are bogus.. if she indeed said he was 241 pounds she is lying. Who gives a random number that is the accurate weight? However the trend of crazy chicks Ben keeps hanging around needs to stop. Stay home.

Ben is guilty of thinking the rules do not apply to him. I'm innocent in the civil trial so I'll go out and hang with college chicks...No Ben!! TRUST NO ONE!!! Treat every chick as a sexual assault waiting to happen

Sexual assault is the equivalent of attempted murder; the intent was to rape, but for reasons only known to the perp and the defendant it failed. Sexual assault rape, whatever, I hope he's innocent and learns something.

One thing's for sure, if he couldn't play football he'd be the Walmart greater in Findlay, Ohio.

Pappy

pfelix73
03-06-2010, 11:19 PM
He needs to grow up and mature. You think he would've learned by now that he needs to stay out of situations and clubs like these. Get a life, Ben...
:tt1

Shawn
03-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Per Pappy

Sexual assault is the equivalent of attempted murder; the intent was to rape, but for reasons only known to the perp and the defendant it failed. Sexual assault rape, whatever, I hope he's innocent and learns something.

One thing's for sure, if he couldn't play football he'd be the Walmart greater in Findlay, Ohio.

Pappy

================
Are you sure about that Pappy?

http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/sexual-assault.cfm

What is sexual assault?
Sexual assault and abuse is any type of sexual activity that you do not agree to, including:

Inappropriate touching
Vaginal, anal, or oral penetration
Sexual intercourse that you say no to
Rape
Attempted rape
Child molestation
Sexual assault can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention. Examples of this are voyeurism (when someone watches private sexual acts), exhibitionism (when someone exposes him/herself in public), incest (sexual contact between family members), and sexual harassment. It can happen in different situations: in the home by someone you know, on a date, or by a stranger in an isolated place.

Rape is a common form of sexual assault. It is committed in many situations — on a date, by a friend or an acquaintance, or when you think you are alone. Educate yourself on “date rape” drugs. They can be slipped into a drink when a victim is not looking. Never leave your drink unattended — no matter where you are. Attackers use date rape drugs to make a person unable to resist assault. These drugs can also cause memory loss so the victim doesn’t know what happened.

Rape and sexual assault are never the victim’s fault — no matter where or how it happens.

papillon
03-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Per Pappy

Pappy

================
Are you sure about that Pappy?

http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/sexual-assault.cfm

What is sexual assault?
Sexual assault and abuse is any type of sexual activity that you do not agree to, including:

Inappropriate touching
Vaginal, anal, or oral penetration
Sexual intercourse that you say no to
Rape
Attempted rape
Child molestation
Sexual assault can be verbal, visual, or anything that forces a person to join in unwanted sexual contact or attention. Examples of this are voyeurism (when someone watches private sexual acts), exhibitionism (when someone exposes him/herself in public), incest (sexual contact between family members), and sexual harassment. It can happen in different situations: in the home by someone you know, on a date, or by a stranger in an isolated place.

Rape is a common form of sexual assault. It is committed in many situations — on a date, by a friend or an acquaintance, or when you think you are alone. Educate yourself on “date rape” drugs. They can be slipped into a drink when a victim is not looking. Never leave your drink unattended — no matter where you are. Attackers use date rape drugs to make a person unable to resist assault. These drugs can also cause memory loss so the victim doesn’t know what happened.

Rape and sexual assault are never the victim’s fault — no matter where or how it happens.

Eh, not literally, but, typically whether you're verbally trying to entice a women into sex, physically, through voyeurism, etc., the person's intent is to have sex. And, if the victim doesn't like the sexual assault they certainly aren't looking forward to a sexual encounter. He needs to grow up, of course, I don't really care one way or another, I will continue to be a Steeler fan whether Ben is the quarterback or someone else.

Pappy

stlrz d
03-07-2010, 12:16 AM
No one here has the slightest clue as to what happened yet are judging the accused.

Funny...it seems there are some folks here who need to grow up more than they insist Ben needs to.

And Pap: Ben's case was pretty high profile...no one needs to keep a file to know that Ben is involved in a civil suit.

papillon
03-07-2010, 12:38 AM
No one here has the slightest clue as to what happened yet are judging the accused.

Funny...it seems there are some folks here who need to grow up more than they insist Ben needs to.

And Pap: Ben's case was pretty high profile...no one needs to keep a file to know that Ben is involved in a civil suit.

Believe it or not, some people really don't give a d@mn about Steeler football. I don't need the facts to know that Ben is putting himself in bad situations over and over and over again during the off season. He's a great quarterback, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. You'd think with a pending civil case against him, he'd be a bit more reserved in what he does and where he goes and who he does anything with. Evidently, it's never occurred to him that he can't be one of the guys any longer.

I hope all of his legal issues and situations work themselves out, because, he gives the Steelers their best chance to be successful. If they don't, it won't matter to me, the Steelers are the team I root for, the players come and go.

One other thing about these types of incidences is that it creates a distraction for the team. And, whether Ben likes it or not, he's one of the leaders of the team and this will be the third year that he's brought a distraction with him to camp (provided the wheels of justice move in their typical fashion). I personally believe he owes the Rooneys, the fans and his teammates better behavior, but I'm funny that way, I guess. You'd think every time he looks at a check for about $461,000 every two weeks he'd have a little respect for the people writing the check.

Pappy

steelz09
03-07-2010, 03:36 AM

Believe it or not, some people really don't give a d@mn about Steeler football. I don't need the facts to know that Ben is putting himself in bad situations over and over and over again during the off season. He's a great quarterback, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. You'd think with a pending civil case against him, he'd be a bit more reserved in what he does and where he goes and who he does anything with. Evidently, it's never occurred to him that he can't be one of the guys any longer.

I hope all of his legal issues and situations work themselves out, because, he gives the Steelers their best chance to be successful. If they don't, it won't matter to me, the Steelers are the team I root for, the players come and go.

One other thing about these types of incidences is that it creates a distraction for the team. And, whether Ben likes it or not, he's one of the leaders of the team and this will be the third year that he's brought a distraction with him to camp (provided the wheels of justice move in their typical fashion). I personally believe he owes the Rooneys, the fans and his teammates better behavior, but I'm funny that way, I guess. You'd think every time he looks at a check for about $461,000 every two weeks he'd have a little respect for the people writing the check.

Pappy

:Agree

stlrz d
03-07-2010, 10:41 AM

Pappy

One doesn't need to know about Steelers football to know Ben is involved in a civil suit. That story was everywhere. TMZ, Huffington Post, People, etc...it was all over the place. And even if she didn't know about it, it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that someone in her group did.

And yes you do need to know the details before deciding that he "put himself in this situation". Just walking down the street could "put him in this situation". The bottom line to that is people are angry because he's the QB of their team and he wants to live his life and enjoy what he has...but people don't want him to do that because they don't want it to affect the team. They want him to live his life in a bubble, insulated from anything and everything. Without even knowing the details. Going out to a bar with friends AND bodyguards is not disrespecting the people writing his checks.

I'm not happy about this either, but I'll wait until all the facts come out before deciding who is at fault here. But for now I'm not blaming a 28 year old, single millionaire for wanting to go out with friends to celebrate his birthday at a bar in some little podunk town.

PS - I don't give two ****s what other people think of Ben. I'm not him. I don't control what he does. What people say about him means nothing to me.

steelblood
03-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Not many around here are accusing Ben of anything more than poor judgement at this point. He is the leader of this team and has let us down. He doesn't need to put himself in this situation. He doesn't need to be at a bar/club in a college town hanging out with under age (drinking age) girls at closing time. He isn't going to meet the future Mrs. R. there. He was sowing his wild oats. Given his current legal entanglements and his place in the public eye, it was a very poor choice.

stlrz d
03-07-2010, 11:49 AM
Not many around here are accusing Ben of anything more than poor judgement at this point. So, get off your soap box stlrz d. He is the leader of this team and has let us down. He doesn't need to put himself in this situation. He doesn't need to be at a bar/club in a college town hanging out with under age (drinking age) girls at closing time. He isn't going to meet the future Mrs. R. there. He was sowing his wild oats. Given his current legal entanglements, it was a very poor choice.

I don't need to get off any soap box. The point is the details aren't out yet.

People talk of him putting himself in a bad position because they want him to be like a cherished possession. Only come out to play football and the rest of the time he's put away. That's crap.

Btw, I checked the website for that bar and there's not one thing on there that states people under the age of 21 are allowed in. So if the people at the door didn't know the girl was 20 then how was Ben supposed to know she was 20?

He went out for a night with friends and some chick has accused him of sexual assault. That's all we know for sure. It's the judgmental people who have made up their minds that he did something wrong without knowing all the details who need to get off their collective soap boxes, high horses, etc, friend...not me.

NC Steeler Fan
03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Here's the thing, Ben surely has a lot of people around him advising
him on a regular basis...his family, his agent, his coaches, his peers, etc.

And, I'm pretty damn confident that the majority of them have probably
kept his best interest at heart (considering the pending civil case from
2008) and told him to choose his companions carefully, watch where he goes
and be mindful of his behavior as it affects his public image and employer.

Given that, it sounds to me like if he is hanging out at public bar where the
common folk like you and I could hang out, he is basically taking all that
very serious and sound advice and tossing it out the window.

And, before you think I'm passing judgement on him prematurely, realize that this
is a guy who could BUY the damn club he was in last week. A guy who could surround
himself with body guards and the most elite companions money can buy. Sure, he
might like the company of regular folks, but HE ISN'T REGULAR FOLKS and I think he
really doesn't have a grip on that concept.

THAT is what I have a big problem with; he seems like he has an irresponsible
streak that screams immaturity. You'd think he'd have learned his lessson with
the motorcycle wreck and the chick in Nevada, but I think he's gonna fall hard at
some point and only then when he's really lost something will he get it together.

Either way, I hope someone jerks a knot in his asc and soon. All the "gee, but he's such a nice guy and football hero" ain't gonna keep him out of jail if he really does put himself in a bad enough situation to warrant it...

Oh, and geez, after wading through all these posts trying to glean something newsworthy, I can't believe some of you "guys" think wimmin are drama queens... :lol:

LouSteel
03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
Just walking down the street could "put him in this situation".

Damn D, I think you should go look up "straw man argument" in the dictionary. :lol:

stlrz d
03-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Ummmm...he had body guards with him.

Sounds like he took that advice seriously.

Just sayin'. ;)

steelblood
03-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Not many around here are accusing Ben of anything more than poor judgement at this point. So, get off your soap box stlrz d. He is the leader of this team and has let us down. He doesn't need to put himself in this situation. He doesn't need to be at a bar/club in a college town hanging out with under age (drinking age) girls at closing time. He isn't going to meet the future Mrs. R. there. He was sowing his wild oats. Given his current legal entanglements, it was a very poor choice.

People talk of him putting himself in a bad position because they want him to be like a cherished possession. Only come out to play football and the rest of the time he's put away. That's crap.

Btw, I checked the website for that bar and there's not one thing on there that states people under the age of 21 are allowed in. So if the people at the door didn't know the girl was 20 then how was Ben supposed to know she was 20?

He went out for a night with friends and some chick has accused him of sexual assault. That's all we know for sure. It's the judgmental people who have made up their minds that he did something wrong without knowing all the details who need to get off their collective soap boxes, high horses, etc, friend...not me.

I see folks who think he has made some bad decisions (given the offseason he had last year and the wreckless behavior that led to his accident 3 years ago). I don't see many folks who assume he is guilty.

feltdizz
03-07-2010, 01:22 PM
[quote="stlrz d":2p7g00ie]No one here has the slightest clue as to what happened yet are judging the accused.

Pappy

One doesn't need to know about Steelers football to know Ben is involved in a civil suit. That story was everywhere. TMZ, Huffington Post, People, etc...it was all over the place. And even if she didn't know about it, it's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that someone in her group did.

And yes you do need to know the details before deciding that he "put himself in this situation". Just walking down the street could "put him in this situation". The bottom line to that is people are angry because he's the QB of their team and he wants to live his life and enjoy what he has...but people don't want him to do that because they don't want it to affect the team. They want him to live his life in a bubble, insulated from anything and everything. Without even knowing the details. Going out to a bar with friends AND bodyguards is not disrespecting the people writing his checks.

I'm not happy about this either, but I'll wait until all the facts come out before deciding who is at fault here. But for now I'm not blaming a 28 year old, single millionaire for wanting to go out with friends to celebrate his birthday at a bar in some little podunk town.

PS - I don't give two ****s what other people think of Ben. I'm not him. I don't control what he does. What people say about him means nothing to me.[/quote:2p7g00ie]

Stop lying D... you care. We all care.. look at the page count.

The point is the Nevada case had innocent written all over it and now this headline comes out.

feltdizz
03-07-2010, 01:25 PM

I see folks who think he has made some bad decisions (given the offseason he had last year and the wreckless behavior that led to his accident 3 years ago). I don't see many folks who assume he is guilty.
:Agree

This is the kind of thing Goodell suspends guys for.

stlrz d
03-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Just walking down the street could "put him in this situation".

Damn D, I think you should go look up "straw man argument" in the dictionary. :lol:

I think you should look up the definition of sexual assault in the dictionary. ;)

[quote="stlrz d":2lcvwhyl]No one here has the slightest clue as to what happened yet are judging the accused.

Pappy

PS - I don't give two ****s what other people think of Ben. I'm not him. I don't control what he does. What people say about him means nothing to me.

Stop lying D... you care. We all care.. look at the page count.

The point is the Nevada case had innocent written all over it and now this headline comes out.[/quote:2lcvwhyl]

Don't you ever call me a liar again you ignorant piece of ****.

eniparadoxgma
03-07-2010, 04:32 PM
http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3581/iough.gif (http://img693.imageshack.us/i/iough.gif/)

feltdizz
03-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Where are the mods??? LOL

StlrzD D... I knew you cared but damn!!! That was scary... I hope you didn't kick any dogs today.

papillon
03-07-2010, 10:41 PM
[quote="stlrz d":5tpgsb0w]No one here has the slightest clue as to what happened yet are judging the accused.

Pappy

PS - I don't give two ****s what other people think of Ben. I'm not him. I don't control what he does. What people say about him means nothing to me.[/quote:5tpgsb0w]

If it's so easy to get put in this situation why isn't Ton Brady in a similar situation? Drew Brees? Manning (either of them)? Terrell Owens? Name the famous athlete and tell me how they walk down the street without getting a sexual assault case filed against them.

Celebrities celebrate birthdays all the time and don't end up in this situation twice in less than a year. You can support a 28 year old multimillionaire and his right to go out with his guys and have good time all you want. Other famous rich people do it and don't end up on the police blotter.

I don't believe anything untoward happened here except poor judgment. If I owned the team I wouldn't be happy right now. Would you?

Pappy

ANPSTEEL
03-07-2010, 11:55 PM
If it's so easy to get put in this situation why isn't Ton Brady in a similar situation? Drew Brees? Manning (either of them)? Terrell Owens? Name the famous athlete and tell me how they walk down the street without getting a sexual assault case filed against them.

Celebrities celebrate birthdays all the time and don't end up in this situation twice in less than a year. You can support a 28 year old multimillionaire and his right to go out with his guys and have good time all you want. Other famous rich people do it and don't end up on the police blotter.

Very well put, Pap.

This is exactly the issue here, and exactly why many of us are unhappy.

Ben seriously needs to grow up.

28, worth millions, and hanging out in college bars on Thursday night??!? Wow, maybe it was ladies night- and quarter beers. :roll:

That is a huge head scratcher to me.

I don't believe anything untoward happened here except poor judgment.

This is the part I am not so confident in, at this stage, but we'll wait to see as the evidence comes in.

If I owned the team I wouldn't be happy right now. Would you?

I'd be extraordinarily pizzed off. I'd be on the phone with my attorneys evaluating any "escape" clauses in the giant contract I signed BR to- in case charges are filed.

At that point, I'd suspend said player until the outcome of the case was decided, but prior to that- I'd let it be known in no uncertain terms- how perilously close big shot was to losing everything- and spending time as Bubba's new BFF in the State Pen.

I could be completely off target here, but Ben strikes me as a guy that probably hasn't had too many people tell him anything but exactly what he wanted to hear throughout his life.

He seemingly struggles with authority and viewpoints not agreeing with his.

Someone in the organization needs to reign him in, if it is not too late, for his own good.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-08-2010, 12:06 AM

Very well put, Pap.

28, worth millions, and hanging out in college bars on Thursday night??!? Wow, maybe it was ladies night- and quarter beers. :roll:

This is the part I am not so confident in, at this stage, but we'll wait to see as the evidence comes in.

I'd be extraordinarily pizzed off. I'd be on the phone with my attorneys evaluating any "escape" clauses in the giant contract I signed BR to- in case charges are filed.

At that point, I'd suspend said player until the outcome of the case was decided, but prior to that- I'd let it be known in no uncertain terms- how perilously close big shot was to losing everything- and spending time as Bubba's new BFF in the State Pen.

I could be completely off target here, but Ben strikes me as a guy that probably hasn't had too many people tell him anything but exactly what he wanted to hear throughout his life.

Someone in the organization needs to reign him in, if it is not too late, for his own good.

I read on Ben's wiki page recently - his first 3 years of football in high school, his coach made him the receiver, and put his own son in as QB. That might have been the LAST time something like that happened, though.

It's always dangerous to psychoanalyze, but what the heck, it's a bulletin board. I agree with you 100%. I remember scratching my head the year he had the accident - not so much when I heard he wasn't wearing a helmet, but when after all that he still refused to say whether he'd wear one or not. And not so much when the first charge come up against him last year, but now when it's clear he really wasn't doing the right thing, all he could, to prevent it again.

OK, that's it for the psychoanalysis - 5 cents please!

papillon
03-08-2010, 12:13 AM

Very well put, Pap.

I get wanting to hang out with his friends at a local bar. That being said, if it's guys night out celebrating a birthday then forget the chicks, sign a few autos, buy a few rounds, go home and then open up your little black book and have your tail come to you. Geesh, I wasn't rich, famous or otherwise, but I did that often enough.

I don't get trying to hook up in podunk, Georgia, USA. It's your birthday and you're filthy rich, fly yourself and some friends to New York and try to hook up with chicks that have their own cash if you're going to try and score some tail. Why some college coed?

Pappy

Shawn
03-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Who said he tried to hook up? Do you have information we don't have? Could it be possible that others in his party enjoy the company of females?

ANPSTEEL
03-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Who said he tried to hook up? Do you have information we have? Could it be possible that others in his party enjoy the company of females?

espn stated that his entourage was being sent into the crowd to recruit girls to come back to the table.

he could have been trying to score, or maybe he was trying to find out what is hot in womens fashion in EBF?

papillon
03-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Who said he tried to hook up? Do you have information we don't have? Could it be possible that others in his party enjoy the company of females?

Regardless, he's being accused of sexual assault, lets hope he wasn't there to fondle, grope and abuse women. I'm assuming he was trying to hook up. As I said, go try and shag some tail more famous than you and then you get to brag about it to your friends.

Pappy

Shawn
03-08-2010, 01:21 AM
Who said he tried to hook up? Do you have information we have? Could it be possible that others in his party enjoy the company of females?

espn stated that his entourage was being sent into the crowd to recruit girls to come back to the table.

he could have been trying to score, or maybe he was trying to find out what is hot in womens fashion in EBF?

Someone heard Ben sending guys out to pick up chicks for him? Or did his friends go out and bring some girls back? Observation is a funny thing as I'm sure you know.

NJ-STEELER
03-08-2010, 04:42 AM
so if this happened in a big club in vegas, some of you guys would be less mad?

feltdizz
03-08-2010, 10:03 AM

Since the first accusation happened in Nevada... probably not.

Vegas and NYC and larger cities have venues where the patrons are used to seeing famous people.

ANPSTEEL
03-08-2010, 10:54 AM

less mad? come on NJ.

This isn't about the location of the event. It is about the location Ben put himself in.

Do you really think that the likelihood of this situation occurring in these two situations is the same...????

A. Small college town, with seemingly one main street, at one of the three bars in said small town, with young college kids, and a naive 20 year old sorority girl.

B. Vegas club, where affluent people from all over the world travel, strippers, escorts, drugs, security cameras, huge bouncers, and a significantly greater degree of "social awareness" exists.

feltdizz
03-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Location...Sexual Assault...Rape...

I think it's pathetic we are getting into arguments over this and not mock drafts.

Maybe all the mocks need to have a QB in the first 3 rounds...

NJ-STEELER
03-08-2010, 03:05 PM

less mad? come on NJ.

This isn't about the location of the event. It is about the location Ben put himself in.

Do you really think that the likelihood of this situation occurring in these two situations is the same...????

A. Small college town, with seemingly one main street, at one of the three bars in said small town, with young college kids, and a naive 20 year old sorority girl.

B. Vegas club, where affluent people from all over the world travel, strippers, escorts, drugs, security cameras, huge bouncers, and a significantly greater degree of "social awareness" exists.

yes, i do think it can happen just as easily in either place.

there's quite a lot of assuming going on in this thread , some asking why was it that ben picked this spot?
do we even know for a fact that he did? maybe willie picked the spot, maybe one of the others guys in the group picked the spot

as was reported, he went to watch the pitt BB game first (even his wardrobe suggests it...hat).
maybe thats the only area that has a sports bar that showed the game, maybe willie wanted to go there cause he got laid there before. who knows?

point is nobody knows why they went out and assuming that they chose that spot for what ever reason anyone thinks is just a guess, at best

feltdizz
03-08-2010, 10:48 PM
Maybe, Willie coulda, woulda... For all we know Ben could be totally innocent but like that politician said way back when...

"I'm innocent...now how do I get my reputation back?"

Ben is innocent right now and I believe he will be found innocent...

But what if it was consentual sex or a BJ and she has his babies on her shirt? Bill Clinton was cool as a cucumber until he found out about that dress. If he splashed it's his word vs hers...

It sounds like a money grab but with the other case still open he should have been much smarter then this. It could be a set up... But like others are saying, with so much on the line and the previous "words that imply sexual assault" civil trial why chance it?

A female member on here stated how creepy she thinks it is to see a 28 year old hitting on a college chick. It's like the guy who graduated from high school but still hangs around the school. Ben is free to do what he wants and college was a fun time but he needs to step his game up. I seriously doubt Ben was nursing a beer too.. That some bull, especially if he was watching the Pitt Providence game. The ending was so amazing I'm sure he did a few shots.

NJ-STEELER
03-09-2010, 01:42 AM
i think the chances are high there was consenual sex.

as far as 28 and in college bars... i've seen worse. hell, i didn't start to go out on a regular basis with friends until 27-28.

college bar, town bar/club, NYC hotspot.... it didn't matter, all that did was it was a pretty good place to go out that night.

do you know if ben or anyone else in the group knew it would be 18 Years old to get into those places?

just more speculation

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-09-2010, 02:06 AM

as far as 28 and in college bars... i've seen worse. hell, i didn't start to go out on a regular basis with friends until 27-28.

college bar, town bar/club, NYC hotspot.... it didn't matter, all that did was it was a pretty good place to go out that night.

do you know if ben or anyone else in the group knew it would be 18 Years old to get into those places?

just more speculation

NJ, I agree with you, and if that's true, I have no idea how Ben gets out of this clean. It wouldn't be fair at all, but in all the cases you hear about, for some reason the girl's version of "I said no" carries precedence over the guy saying "No she didn't". WHY is that the case?????????

papillon
03-09-2010, 02:11 AM

just more speculation

NJ, I agree with you, and if that's true, I have no idea how Ben gets out of this clean. It wouldn't be fair at all, but in all the cases you hear about, for some reason the girl's version of "I said no" carries precedence over the guy saying "No she didn't". WHY is that the case?????????

Okay, lets say its consensual sex and she was all for it. Don't other rich single football players have one nighters? Get a BJ in the VIP room of a club? Get laid in the parking lot while the guys make sure no one bothers you? Why aren't the women of these players filing charges? That's my question?

Women by and large will take the piece of @ss and go home, it's what they came to do. If there was consenual sex and now the woman is filing charges there is more to it than the sex, IMO.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
03-09-2010, 02:17 AM

just more speculation

there's already 1 witness (a bartender) who has come out saying she was "all over him"

if thats true, i'm sure more people saw that and if so, her case is going to get picked apart.... even if (hopefully not) there was wrong doing by ben

stlrz d
03-09-2010, 08:31 AM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":5zni5jnm]i think the chances are high there was consenual sex.

just more speculation

there's already 1 witness (a bartender) who has come out saying she was "all over him"

if thats true, i'm sure more people saw that and if so, her case is going to get picked apart.... even if (hopefully not) there was wrong doing by ben[/quote:5zni5jnm]

I just read a story that stated authorities are going to start looking at all the security camera footage that is available to them

She's accusing him of SA, not rape. So if authorities look at all that footage and if the chick clearly was "all over him" it will be interesting to see what they conclude from that. If the footage shows that she couldn't keep her hands off of him it's going to be very difficult for them to charge him.