PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay Buccaneers showing interest in Fast Willie Parker

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 04:01 AM
Good for you Willie, I wish you only the very best! Hopefully you will find a team that will show you some love and give you lots of money.

Buccaneers | Showing interest in W. Parker

Thu, 04 Mar 2010

Jim Flynn, of PewterReport.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have shown interest in free-agent RB Willie Parker (Steelers).

Oviedo
03-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Good for you Willie, I wish you only the very best! Hopefully you will find a team that will show you some love and give you lots of money.

Buccaneers | Showing interest in W. Parker

Thu, 04 Mar 2010

Jim Flynn, of PewterReport.com, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have shown interest in free-agent RB Willie Parker (Steelers).

:Agree I wish nothing but the best for FWP. He has been a solid citizen as a Steeler. It would be nice to see hoim finish his career in black and gold but he has llost that FWP burst that made him good.

Unfortunately for FWP and the other free agent RBs this is a very deep draft for RBs so they are going to get much.

Ozey74
03-05-2010, 09:20 AM
If he signs with the Bucs, the Steelers @ Bucs next year has Thursday night NFLN game written all over it.

:tt2

SanAntonioSteelerFan
03-05-2010, 10:42 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I keep thinking that we just haven't seen very much of what FWP has to offer when he's not injured. Just about the time he was recovering, Mendy started showing off what he's got, and FWP never really had a chance to strut his stuff healthy.

In the few opportunities he's had to run the ball since Mendy took over, my impression was that FWP was a LOT more explosive than he was when he hadn't fully recovered. Of course the part of his running that will likely not improve much at all is his vision (thinking if it were going to improve, it would have by now), but give the guy a corner to turn, and he's going to give us a lot of yards.

1st string back? ... obviously not here. But I have a sneaking suspicion that if he were to stay as a 2nd string back, he would deliver the goods and then some. I hope he decides that his best future is with the Men of Steel !!

JTP53609
03-05-2010, 01:53 PM
steelers bills will be the thursday nighter for the us, its in canada, they want to promote the game, and who better than the steelers.....thats my take anyway...

ikestops85
03-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I keep thinking that we just haven't seen very much of what FWP has to offer when he's not injured. Just about the time he was recovering, Mendy started showing off what he's got, and FWP never really had a chance to strut his stuff healthy.

In the few opportunities he's had to run the ball since Mendy took over, my impression was that FWP was a LOT more explosive than he was when he hadn't fully recovered. Of course the part of his running that will likely not improve much at all is his vision (thinking if it were going to improve, it would have by now), but give the guy a corner to turn, and he's going to give us a lot of yards.

1st string back? ... obviously not here. But I have a sneaking suspicion that if he were to stay as a 2nd string back, he would deliver the goods and then some. I hope he decides that his best future is with the Men of Steel !!

Excellent post SASF. Willie was productive when he got healthy and the line improved on their run blocking. The guy ran for a lot of yards for somebody who supposedly "has poor vision". His change of pace was as good or better than anyone in the league. While I think Mendy has proven to be the better all around back FWP is still an asset for any team to have.

Good luck Willie!! :tt2 :tt2

stlrz d
03-05-2010, 03:16 PM

Excellent post SASF. Willie was productive when he got healthy and the line improved on their run blocking. The guy ran for a lot of yards for somebody who supposedly "has poor vision". His change of pace was as good or better than anyone in the league. While I think Mendy has proven to be the better all around back FWP is still an asset for any team to have.

Too many Steelers fans are short-sighted and have selective memory when it comes to Parker.

The bashing of Parker is unwarranted.

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 03:36 PM

Too many Steelers fans are short-sighted and have selective memory when it comes to Parker.

The bashing of Parker is unwarranted.
:Agree with D
but ummm, shhhh...don't tell NOOOOBODY...

Shawn
03-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Ehh...I like Parker...when healthy he made a good back for some systems. Seems like a nice guy. With all of that said, he is not a Steeler type back. Never was. I wish him the best...and hope he finds a system that allows him to "strut his stuff". For me...I'm glad we have a complete back in Mendenhall.

SteelCzar76
03-05-2010, 05:57 PM
I wish Willie nothing but the very best. In fact i still believe that when healthy he is a far more consistently effective back than Mindy. I'll always honor the kid for being a key role in us winning SuperBowl XL when the offense was sputtering. I will always honor his playoff performance against the Chargers in 08 to help us reach another Superbowl when the offense was sputtering in terms of scoring. He conducted himself with class both on and off the field,..and was a great teammate to his peers.

Do your thing Willie. :Steel :Cheers

Shawn
03-05-2010, 06:08 PM
I wish Willie nothing but the very best. In fact i still believe that when healthy he is a far more consistently effective back than Mindy. I'll always honor the kid for being a key role in us winning SuperBowl XL when the offense was sputtering. I will always honor his playoff performance against the Chargers in 08 to help us reach another Superbowl when the offense was sputtering in terms of scoring. He conducted himself with class both on and off the field,..and was a great teammate to his peers.

:shock:

In RM's first year as a starter he averaged 4.6 ypc and had over 1100 yards in just 12 starts. WP only had one year as a starter where he beat that 4.7 in 2005. I have no idea where some people form their opinions. Not sure where this consistancy comment comes from. WP has always been and always will be a pure homerun hitter.

SteelCzar76
03-05-2010, 07:18 PM

:shock:

In RM's first year as a starter he averaged 4.6 ypc and had over 1100 yards in just 12 starts. WP only had one year as a starter where he beat that 4.7 in 2005. I have no idea where some people form their opinions. Not sure where this consistancy comment comes from. WP has always been and always will be a pure homerun hitter.

I'm not saying that Willie was ever by any means a "ball control" back as opposed to being a Home run hitter. What i am saying is that,.....when he was healthy,... Willie's running style was a far better fit for our previous run first mentality. Not against all opponents, (Ravens especially),....but quite a few more than Mindy.

I understand that many of you are infatuated with Mindy, and believe that he will go on to be one of the next great backs in the league.

But when i watch him (Mindy) play,.. all i see is a young Amos Zereoue with a little better speed, a lot more spin moves for no apparent reason, a fumbling problem and less heart.

So no,.. i personally do not feel that he (Mindy) has nearly the ceiling that his Fans and Tomlin would like to believe. And in fact Parker is at the very least his equal when healthy,.. if not better. And that's heavy considering the fact Mindy was a 1st rnd pick and Parker a UFA.

But i digress,...because this thread is about Willie,...whom again,... i wish nothing but the best for and hope that he can return to form wherever he lands. :Steel

Shawn
03-05-2010, 09:19 PM
So this is based on jaded observation but not facts? Stick to the stats...it will lead you to the truth. 4.6 ypc is terrific. He is doing this behind possibly the worst OL in Steeler history.

SteelCzar76
03-05-2010, 09:42 PM
So this is based on jaded observation but not facts? Stick to the stats...it will lead you to the truth. 4.6 ypc is terrific. He is doing this behind possibly the worst OL in Steeler history.

4.6 because one or two runs were big gains that padded that 1-2 and a half yards per carry and dancing runs for no gain and short losses on the rest of his carries in the game. :lol: And though our current group of O- lineman are the greatest in team history,..IMO they are certainly not the worst.

IMO Roethlisberger's backyard game and BA's' refusal to employ a FB make them look far worse than they actually are,...well,.. with the exception of Hartwig. (lol)

But it's all good,....your entitled to your opinion and as such it should be respected whether i agree or not. Though i will never,...ever,...do so. :stirpot

Shawn
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM

4.6 because one or two runs were big gains that padded that 1-2 and a half yards per carry and dancing runs for no gain and short losses on the rest of his carries in the game. :lol: And though our current group of O- lineman are the greatest in team history,..IMO they are certainly not the worst.

IMO Roethlisberger's backyard game and BA's' refusal to employ a FB make them look far worse than they actually are,...well,.. with the exception of Hartwig. (lol)

But it's all good,....your entitled to your opinion and as such it should be respected whether i agree or not. Though i will never,...ever,...do so. :stirpot

I thought you were just describing WP. :lol:

SteelCzar76
03-05-2010, 10:04 PM

I thought you were just describing WP. :lol:

You know,...as much as i maaaay not want to say it,....Touche' Shawn,...Touche'. :lol: