PDA

View Full Version : Chargers trade Antonio Cromartie to the NY Jets

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Wonder what Rex Ryan will do the first time Cromartie shies away from run support?

Chargers | Trade Cromartie to the Jets

Thu, 04 Mar 2010

Updating a previous item, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the San Diego Chargers have traded CB Antonio Cromartie to the New York Jets. The Chargers will get a third-round draft pick in the 2011 NFL Draft that could turn into a second-round draft pick based on Cromartie's playing time and the Jets' performance.

Iron Shiek
03-05-2010, 12:05 AM
I feel Ryan will get the most out of him and that they got a steal. Which side do you throw at now?

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 12:17 AM
I feel Ryan will get the most out of him and that they got a steal. Which side do you throw at now?

Antonio Cromartie is headed to the Jets

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on March 4, 2010 10:31 PM ET

The New York Jets' "extreme interest" in Antonio Cromartie is now a done deal.

Fox's Jay Glazer reports that New York will send a third-round pick which could turn into a second-round pick in 2011 to the Chargers for the troubled Chargers cornerback.

Rex Ryan undoubtedly loves Cromartie's physical skills, but he'll have to help him cover consistently. Cromartie will get plenty of targets playing opposite Revis Island.

Schefter says Cromartie will not get a new deal as part of the trade. He's entering a contract year.

papillon
03-05-2010, 12:59 AM
For a third round pick in the 2011 draft. I wonder what happens of there is no football in 2011?

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
03-05-2010, 01:07 AM
For a third round pick in the 2011 draft. I wonder what happens of there is no football in 2011?

Pappy

The league has already announced that there will be a 2011 draft even if there is a lockout in 2011.

papillon
03-05-2010, 01:15 AM

Pappy

The league has already announced that there will be a 2011 draft even if there is a lockout in 2011.

Even without a new agreement or any games having been played? That's odd, I'm wondering if there are any legalities related to unions that may prohibit the draft? It just seems odd that if there is a work stoppage how they could hold a draft?

Pappy

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Maybe Cromartie whiffed on the Jets RB on purpose? :stirpot

I think the NFL needs to investigate... imagine Tyrone Carter going to the Jags after the 2007 playoffs? :wink:

birtikidis
03-05-2010, 01:45 AM

I think the NFL needs to investigate... imagine Tyrone Carter going to the Jags after the 2007 playoffs? :wink:
oh felt IF ONLY!

hawaiiansteel
03-05-2010, 01:47 AM

nah, everyone knows that Tyrone Carter just plain sucks...him missing a tackle is very believable.

feltdizz
03-05-2010, 02:21 AM
All jokes aside...
I know he was traded but it really does look like he "helped the Jets" and now is being rewarded.

Cromartie and Revis.. dammit.. this could be a problem if they get their offense going.

Shoe
03-05-2010, 03:00 AM
All jokes aside...
I know he was traded but it really does look like he "helped the Jets" and now is being rewarded.

Cromartie and Revis.. dammit.. this could be a problem if they get their offense going.

This is the same Cromartie who Brandon Marshall roasted for like 20 catches in a game a few years back? Granted, I know the guy is a good cover guy. But let's keep it in the proper perspective; this guy can be had, both in the pass game and as we've seen, the RUN GAME.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-05-2010, 10:00 AM
I actually think the trade was better for the Chargers. A 2011 conditional 3rd that could turn into a 2nd? I would pass like the Steelers.

SteelerNation1
03-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Seems like a solid guy! :roll:

(Rotoworld) New Jets CB Antonio Cromartie's drivers license application has been withheld in San Diego after he twice failed to appear for traffic ticket cases and hasn't paid $799 in fines.

Analysis: Mayor Bloomberg is gonna love this guy. Cromartie is also scheduled to appear in a San Diego court late this month for overdue child support to one of the six mothers of his seven kids. It's believed he owes at least $25,000, and has been named in five paternity suits over the last three years. His tickets were for running a red light and driving while on his cell phone.
(Article Link)

Check out the MyFantasyLeague.com Blog for the latest news and tips about your league.

D Rock
03-05-2010, 11:23 AM
Seems like a solid guy! :roll:

(Rotoworld) New Jets CB Antonio Cromartie's drivers license application has been withheld in San Diego after he twice failed to appear for traffic ticket cases and hasn't paid $799 in fines.

Analysis: Mayor Bloomberg is gonna love this guy. Cromartie is also scheduled to appear in a San Diego court late this month for overdue child support to one of the six mothers of his seven kids. It's believed he owes at least $25,000, and has been named in five paternity suits over the last three years. His tickets were for running a red light and driving while on his cell phone.
(Article Link)

Check out the MyFantasyLeague.com Blog for the latest news and tips about your league.

Cromartie tasted success when he had 10 or 11 INTs that one year. Now he wants more success.

If that requires knocking off Travis Henry as father of the year, then so be it!

MaxAMillion
03-05-2010, 02:08 PM
This isn't a video game. Players character and personality matter. Ryan has to bring a team together and it is hard to do when you have players with questionable character. He already brought in Edwards last year and now Cromartie. This has the potential to be trouble for the Jets.

Hell, the Redskins have been signing high profile players every off season for years and they have nothing to show for it.