PDA

View Full Version : Lito Sheppard released by Jets!

Dee Dub
03-04-2010, 07:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4965655

hawaiiansteel
03-04-2010, 08:14 PM
i also see CBs Dunta Robinson, Philip Buchanon, Leigh Bodden and Marlin Jackson out there as UFAs.

I sure hope that we bring in a veteran CB or an early draft choice to compete with our current crop of mediocre CBs.

frankthetank1
03-04-2010, 09:14 PM
i also see CBs Dunta Robinson, Philip Buchanon, Leigh Bodden and Marlin Jackson out there as UFAs.

I sure hope that we bring in a veteran CB or an early draft choice to compete with our current crop of mediocre CBs.

i would love to sign bodden. he had a very good year last season. i would be surprised if the pats didnt sign him. robinson is a good corner but im sure he will want a ton of money. we need to bring in a veteran cb, it is probably the team's weakest position

hawaiiansteel
03-04-2010, 09:37 PM

i would love to sign bodden. he had a very good year last season. i would be surprised if the pats didnt sign him. robinson is a good corner but im sure he will want a ton of money. we need to bring in a veteran cb, it is probably the team's weakest position

the Patsies have been trying to sign Bodden to a long-term contract but to no avail, which probably means he's too expensive for us.

rumors have it that dunta robinson wants to play for the Falcons, he also will command too high of a salary for the Steelers to be interested.

Iron Shiek
03-05-2010, 12:01 AM
I love the excitement. But these guys will command big dollars...not the steeler forte. Sheppard was due ten million bonus so no shock he got cut. I do like Bodden though...he has bounced around the league. Merits the question why. I also hope we go fpr vet. Cromartie only went for 3rd...seems cheap.

Oviedo
03-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I love the excitement. But these guys will command big dollars...not the steeler forte. Sheppard was due ten million bonus so no shock he got cut. I do like Bodden though...he has bounced around the league. Merits the question why. I also hope we go fpr vet. Cromartie only went for 3rd...seems cheap.

The Jets gave up a 3rd Round pick to "rent" Cromartie for a year. They still have to sign him to a long term contract which will probably have to be in the range of $6-8M per year. That's not cheap.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-05-2010, 09:56 AM
I think we will see some of those names in for visits. I see the Steelers signing a vet CB...Just in case Lewis or Burnett can't take the starting spot from Gay. Gay or Lewis might also be tried at FS.

Oviedo
03-05-2010, 10:09 AM
I think we will see some of those names in for visits. I see the Steelers signing a vet CB...Just in case Lewis or Burnett can't take the starting spot from Gay. Gay or Lewis might also be tried at FS.

We've heard a lot about Lewis moving to Safety. That rumor may have some legs if we don't draft a safety early.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-05-2010, 11:30 AM
From what I have heard, the Steelers are interested in Bodden-CB and Will Allen-S of the Bucs. I guess Clark's agent and the Steelers are still at the table but neither side is moving. Allen was coached by Tomlin in Tampa.

NW Steeler
03-05-2010, 01:09 PM

We've heard a lot about Lewis moving to Safety. That rumor may have some legs if we don't draft a safety early.

I would love to see Lewis take the free safety spot. Hell, I'd like to see him play, period! He will essentially be a rookie this year.

Oviedo
03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":1k66guin]I think we will see some of those names in for visits. I see the Steelers signing a vet CB...Just in case Lewis or Burnett can't take the starting spot from Gay. Gay or Lewis might also be tried at FS.

I would love to see Lewis take the free safety spot. Hell, I'd like to see him play, period! He will essentially be a rookie this year.[/quote:1k66guin]

A rookie with a year of learning, fitness and conditioning under his belt. I'll take that kind of rookie anytime.

NW Steeler
03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
[quote="JUST-PLAIN-NASTY":1vzsewuj]I think we will see some of those names in for visits. I see the Steelers signing a vet CB...Just in case Lewis or Burnett can't take the starting spot from Gay. Gay or Lewis might also be tried at FS.

I would love to see Lewis take the free safety spot. Hell, I'd like to see him play, period! He will essentially be a rookie this year.

A rookie with a year of learning, fitness and conditioning under his belt. I'll take that kind of rookie anytime.[/quote:1vzsewuj]

That is true. But he still hasn't seen any playing time, so does anyone know what we have in him? When he was drafted wasn't there talk of him being a potential FS candidate?

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-05-2010, 02:12 PM
Gibril Wilson is available now.
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/05/dolphin ... an-wilson/ (http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/05/dolphins-release-veteran-wilson/)