PDA

View Full Version : Standing ovation for Miller...

anger 82&95
03-02-2010, 10:42 PM
PITTSBURGH -- Buffalo Sabres goaltender Ryan Miller received a standing ovation in Pittsburgh on Tuesday night for leading the United States to an Olympic silver medal -- cheers louder than those given the Penguins' own Sidney Crosby.Crosby beat Miller to score the game-winning goal in overtime Sunday as Canada defeated the United States 3-2 for the gold medal. Despite being on the losing team, Miller was chosen as the tournament MVP. Olympians for both teams were introduced before the game, with Miller receiving the loudest and most sustained ovation. Crosby also received a standing ovation, but it was less enthusiastic than Miller's despite his vast popularity in Pittsburgh.

hawaiiansteel
03-03-2010, 12:45 AM
Ryan Miller deserved to receive a standing ovation, he was spectacular for the USA. :Clap

very classy of Pens fans to give him one!

Djfan
03-03-2010, 12:49 AM
Great story all around. ESPN was debating whether or not Crosby would get booed. Did you hear any of that?

papillon
03-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Great story all around. ESPN was debating whether or not Crosby would get booed. Did you hear any of that?

Only an idiot would boo Crosby and mean it; now a little ribbing from the fans would certainly have been fun. :P

Pappy

Djfan
03-03-2010, 01:32 PM

Only an idiot would boo Crosby and mean it; now a little ribbing from the fans would certainly have been fun. :P

Pappy

Maybe a good "USA! USA!" chant might have been good.

papillon
03-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Pappy

Maybe a good "USA! USA!" chant might have been good.

That's what I"m talking about.

Pappy

NJ-STEELER
03-03-2010, 05:54 PM
there were some boos for crosby. nothing serious

my only complaint is why didn't orpik get as big ovation as miller...being on the US team as well

Djfan
03-03-2010, 07:44 PM

my only complaint is why didn't orpik get as big ovation as miller...being on the US team as well

Because Miller was amazingly stellar!!

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
03-05-2010, 03:24 PM

Because Miller was amazingly stellar!!

Miller was much more important to the US team than Orpik.....and much more important than Luongo or Brodeur were to Canada.