PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com's Pat Kirwins Post Combine Mock Draft...

Dee Dub
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000 ... nfirm=true (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d816b3cfa&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

18. Pittsburgh Steelers
Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
The Steelers could take a serious look at G/OT Mike Iupati, but in the end they need the best corner on the board.

I say hell no!!....especially since we could have this guy instead…

24. Philadelphia Eagles
Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri
This guy has character, athletic ability, the football IQ to play in the middle, and he impressed at the combine. He finished his college career with more than 400 tackles, 43.5 tackles for loss, 12.5 sacks, and 18 passes defensed.

Or this guy….

29. New York Jets
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
Odrick has the size to play anywhere along the defensive line. He's a high character guy, and the Jets have some age up front.

I think the Steeler would make a huge mistake if they take a pass on either one of these guys. I think these are two of the surest things in this draft.

Steel Life
03-02-2010, 09:24 PM
Agreed...

Dee Dub
03-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Agreed...

So how can we manage to get them both??

hawaiiansteel
03-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Agreed...

I will be okay with whoever the Steelers choose, Kevin Colbert has a pretty good track record with #1 draft choices.

But what I would really love to see is the Steelers trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round draft choice as the draft is especially deep this year and we do have an unusual amount of needs this off-season.

MaxAMillion
03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Agreed...

I will be okay with whoever the Steelers choose, Kevin Colbert has a pretty good track record with #1 draft choices.

But what I would really love to see is the Steelers trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd round draft choice as the draft is especially deep this year and we do have an unusual amount of needs this off-season.

That could be the very reason why the Steelers won't be able to trade down. Teams will feel that there are comparable players later in the draft and won't need to trade up. I think a lot of teams would like additional picks in a draft which is supposedly the deepest in years.

Steel Life
03-02-2010, 10:53 PM
[quote="Steel Life":22neyzyn]Agreed...

So how can we manage to get them both??[/quote:22neyzyn]
Okay, so what we do is stake out the place where the draft is taking place this year, then we rent uniforms to look like the staff & then.... :lol:

Pick Spoon, hope that Odrick really disappoints at his Pro-Day & that other teams like others MUCH better....& praying for a broken bone wouldn't hurt either.

Chadman
03-02-2010, 11:14 PM
Robinson would be fine by Chadman. What's everyone's problem with a playmaking, good sized, good speed, coverage CB in Round 1?

Shawn
03-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Robinson would be fine by Chadman. What's everyone's problem with a playmaking, good sized, good speed, coverage CB in Round 1?

My problem would be that he is a serious reach at 18. Obviously I like the guy...he is in my mock...but not at 18.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
03-03-2010, 10:59 AM
I don't think Robinson is 1st round grade. I still have Haden 1st, Wilson 2nd, & McCourty 3rd. Looking at he position drills and cone times...I'm almost ready to put Franks & Jackson ahead of Robinson. It is close but any of the 6 listed above would be ok with me. They all looked fluid. I just saw Robinson put his hand down a couple of times when he changed direction. Thought that might drop him some...Right to the Steelers 2nd. If they go a different direction in rounds 1 & 2....I would like to see Akwasi Owusu-Ansah in the 3rd possibly.

Jom112
03-03-2010, 11:30 AM
21. Cincinnati Bengals
Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

Not a bad pick, Tate does fill a need.

25. Baltimore Ravens
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

Wait, WTF? We PASS on Dez Bryant to take Tate? This guy should never be able to do a mock again...

Shawn
03-03-2010, 11:56 AM
[quote]
21. Cincinnati Bengals
Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

Not a bad pick, Tate does fill a need.

25. Baltimore Ravens
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

Wait, WTF? We PASS on Dez Bryant to take Tate? This guy should never be able to do a mock again...[/quote:nld19uc5]

Doesn't Dez have some serious maturity issues? If so...I agree Dez is the Bengals pick. :lol:

Jom112
03-03-2010, 12:51 PM
Doesn't Dez have some serious maturity issues? If so...I agree Dez is the Bengals pick. :lol:

Not many talented receivers in the NFL that don't have maturity issues...

Dee Dub
03-03-2010, 01:15 PM

Have you read about Robinson?? It is said he is a "Me First, showboating, all about the bling", type of player/person.

Lebsteel
03-03-2010, 02:37 PM

Have you read about Robinson?? It is said he is a "Me First, showboating, all about the bling", type of player/person.
A definite NO on Robinson. I don't want someone like that on the Steelers.

NJ-STEELER
03-03-2010, 06:46 PM
rather have thomas

spoon? another ILB better fitted on the outside of a 4-3...we have bigger needs

get a ILB later on in the draft.

we can bring back the front 7 of the steel curtain years, and offenses could still pass the ball on us

Discipline of Steel
03-03-2010, 07:06 PM

Not many talented receivers in the NFL that don't have maturity issues...

Nice jab Shawn, that was funny...but damn nice comeback on Jom's part!