steelerkeylargo
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
of ALL DB's. No thanks.

Dee Dub
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh great! That must mean he is dumb???? :roll:

steelblood
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Good. Now people that haven't seen him play will stop putting them in their mocks.

Lebsteel
03-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Are you being difficult today, Dub? Why do they do the combine anyways? Does it mean anything at all to you? I think game film is more important than the combine, BUT, the combine can tell us important information that game film may not. Information from the combine should not be ignored but should be used in a proper context.

birtikidis
03-02-2010, 05:35 PM
i expected him to come out and be a little rusty and not in tip top shape. I'm sure he wasn't training as hard as he was while playing and going to FSU. I'm interested in what he can do at his pro day.

feltdizz
03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
i expected him to come out and be a little rusty and not in tip top shape. I'm sure he wasn't training as hard as he was while playing and going to FSU. I'm interested in what he can do at his pro day.

He was said to be one of the best DB at the Senior bowl in practice...

If I was interested I would follow up and see if he improves at his pro day.

steelerkeylargo
03-02-2010, 07:16 PM

Nope just dont need a guy that runs like a LB playing FS. I dont want fu*(*&$ Einstein I want football players.

SteelCrazy
03-02-2010, 08:08 PM
The 40 time can be misleading.......There is a certain way to run the 40 and you must be perfect to get a good time. A lot of variables goes into it and you can easily look slower than you are if you do not get it right......

I'm more interested in game speed and smarts than I am a guy's 40 time.....

Although, it may say something about his training and preparation..tjhe guy could be lazy.

feltdizz
03-02-2010, 08:20 PM
The 40 time can be misleading.......There is a certain way to run the 40 and you must be perfect to get a good time. A lot of variables goes into it and you can easily look slower than you are if you do not get it right......

Although, it may say something about his training and preparation..tjhe guy could be lazy.

A lazy Rhodes Scholar? I doubt it....

Steel Life
03-02-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm still curious to see what he does at his Pro-Day. Surely the time off has hurt more than people thought & he hasn't been able to train the way he'd really need to, but he did have an outstanding Senior Bowl & the rest of his combine results were very good. Regardless, I'd take a late round flyer on him & train him up.

SteelCrazy
03-02-2010, 08:35 PM

I say black, you say white.............. :Blah

SteelCrazy
03-02-2010, 08:40 PM

That then must bring up the question, How much work can you put into football when you are taking some of the most time consuming and mentally exhausting courses in school?

papillon
03-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Are you being difficult today, Dub? Why do they do the combine anyways? Does it mean anything at all to you? I think game film is more important than the combine, BUT, the combine can tell us important information that game film may not. Information from the combine should not be ignored but should be used in a proper context.

Leb, I don't know why scouts and coaches go to the combine, but if it were me, I'd only be there to interview players to get a feel for their character, desire to play, mental aspects of the game, etc. Running and jumping in shorts doesn't tell you much, football determination can be made from film. The decathlon they put them through is for TV and the talking heads and that's about it, IMHO.

Pappy

feltdizz
03-02-2010, 09:35 PM

That then must bring up the question, How much work can you put into football when you are taking some of the most time consuming and mentally exhausting courses in school?

I agree, it's the question every scout has...

I just thought it was funny to suggest he may be lazy because he went to Oxford for a year and came back with a slow 40 time.

RuthlessBurgher
03-03-2010, 01:27 AM
Personally, I rejoice when players I like run poor 40 times at the combine. That means I can get a good football player at a good value (perhaps Myron could be had with a comp pick at the end of the 5th round). If he ran a great 40 time, then some other team would be seduced by that number and would draft him too early (like, say, the third round).

Being able to run 40 yards fast out of a sprinter's stance in shorts does not mean that you would be better able to turn your hips and shadow a guy downfield while wearing full pads in an actual game situation and make a play on the ball. To me, a 40 time is one of the lowest-priority criteria that could be used to evaluate a prospect (but then again, I am not Al Davis).

steelerkeylargo
03-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Personally, I rejoice when players I like run poor 40 times at the combine. That means I can get a good football player at a good value (perhaps Myron could be had with a comp pick at the end of the 5th round). If he ran a great 40 time, then some other team would be seduced by that number and would draft him too early (like, say, the third round).

Being able to run 40 yards fast out of a sprinter's stance in shorts does not mean that you would be better able to turn your hips and shadow a guy downfield while wearing full pads in an actual game situation and make a play on the ball. To me, a 40 time is one of the lowest-priority criteria that could be used to evaluate a prospect (but then again, I am not Al Davis).

I totally agree with you.....if the guy had of gone out and run a 4.55 or 4.6 average time that would have been sweet....but the guy ran times that would have been beaten buy a whole lot of linebackers.