PDA

View Full Version : Players I dont want

steelerkeylargo
03-01-2010, 05:28 PM
I have bandied about many names of players I do want the Steelers to take and have changed my mock multiple times,BUT, I do know i dont want any of these guys

Bruce Campbell-see Tony Mandarich
Mike Iupati-I see too much holding and questionable technique
T.Cody-FAT FAT FAT
Golden Tate-way to many drops ( idont see the Ward comparisons)
:2c

Oviedo
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I agree about Campbell, Cody and Tate.

I'm still witholding my reservations about Iupati. I think there needs to be alot more film work and digging to see if the Senior Bowl was an anomoly or the "real" Iupati. I also think they need to make sure he has the intellect to get selected at #18 and can learn complex schemes.

NW Steeler
03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Didn't Iupati score like a 12 on his wonderlick?

hawaiiansteel
03-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Cody ran like he was FAT, FAT, FAT...

some NFL teams were reportedly able to time Alabama DT Terrence Cody with a sun dial as he ran a 5.65 40.

Oviedo
03-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Didn't Iupati score like a 12 on his wonderlick?

I think he got a 15 which by the way was the same score I think Terry Bradshaw and Dan Marino got. It worked out OK for them.

I am more interested when they talk to him face to face and show him film can he describe what is going on and make the proper reads.

Shawn
03-01-2010, 05:43 PM
I have bandied about many names of players I do want the Steelers to take and have changed my mock multiple times,BUT, I do know i dont want any of these guys

T.Cody-FAT FAT FAT

Do you mean drops in practice?
And Mr Fat will blow alot of minds when he enters the league.

steelerkeylargo
03-01-2010, 05:52 PM

T.Cody-FAT FAT FAT

Do you mean drops in practice?
And Mr Fat will blow alot of minds when he enters the league.

Drops during his workouts at the combine and drops he had in big games against Michigan and Pitt

steelblood
03-01-2010, 06:13 PM
yeah. I hate Golden Tate. He runs well after the catch, but in college (even with his timed speed) he struggled to get open vs good corners. I wouldn't touch him before the third.

I think Iupati will be a very good pro guard. But, I think he is a bit of a project with his wonderlic and his poor technique.

Dee Dub
03-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Mike Iupati-I see too much holding and questionable technique....

If you are basing this on one game--an exhibition game--then I think you would miss what scouts are seeing...

He is being comapred to Steve Hutchinson by many scouts.

Lebsteel
03-01-2010, 06:38 PM
I may have to add Micah Johnson to the list. His 40 time of 4.99 was horrendous and his vertical was only 29". I guess we will need to see what his other tests show, but right now he looks to be slow and not have a lot of leg strength. Spikes also only had a 29" vertical and DNP'd on the 40 and the BP. AND what happened to Rolando McClain? Was he injured or was Weatherspoon showing him up so badly that he decided DNP?

hawaiiansteel
03-01-2010, 06:43 PM
I may have to add Micah Johnson to the list. His 40 time of 4.99 was horrendous and his vertical was only 29". I guess we will need to see what his other tests show, but right now he looks to be slow and not have a lot of leg strength. Spikes also only had a 29" vertical and DNP'd on the 40 and the BP. AND what happened to Rolando McClain? Was he injured or was Weatherspoon showing him up so badly that he decided DNP?

March 1

(4:00 PM): Tide LB sits out drills … Alabama MLB Rolando McClain, who is projected to be a top 15 pick at the 2010 draft, did not participate in any on-field drills at the scouting combine in Indianapolis this afternoon because of the lingering effects of a hamstring injury. According to his agent, McClain has been receiving treatment on an injured hamstring twice per day since last month’s Senior Bowl, although as a junior McClain didn’t play in the Mobile all-star game. The agent also said McClain has undergone two MRIs, but did not reveal the results. McClain is expected to workout at the Alabama pro day on March 10. Among LBs who did work out this afternoon Mississippi State MLB Jamar Chaney posted the fastest 40 time with an official clocking of 4.54 seconds, while Florida State OLB Dekoda Watson ran a 4.56 followed by OLB Kavell Connor of Clemson (4.63), Nebraska OLB Cody Grimm (4.64), LSU OLB/S Harry Coleman (4.65), TCU MLB Daryl Washington (4.66), Oklahoma OLB Keenan Clayton (4.66), Minnesota OLB Simoni Lawrence (4.68), Missouri MLB Sean Weatherspoon (4.68) and Iowa OLB A.J. Edds (4.71).

Lebsteel
03-01-2010, 06:47 PM

March 1

(4:00 PM): Tide LB sits out drills … Alabama MLB Rolando McClain, who is projected to be a top 15 pick at the 2010 draft, did not participate in any on-field drills at the scouting combine in Indianapolis this afternoon because of the lingering effects of a hamstring injury. According to his agent, McClain has been receiving treatment on an injured hamstring twice per day since last month’s Senior Bowl, although as a junior McClain didn’t play in the Mobile all-star game. The agent also said McClain has undergone two MRIs, but did not reveal the results. McClain is expected to workout at the Alabama pro day on March 10. Among LBs who did work out this afternoon Mississippi State MLB Jamar Chaney posted the fastest 40 time with an official clocking of 4.54 seconds, while Florida State OLB Dekoda Watson ran a 4.56 followed by OLB Kavell Connor of Clemson (4.63), Nebraska OLB Cody Grimm (4.64), LSU OLB/S Harry Coleman (4.65), TCU MLB Daryl Washington (4.66), Oklahoma OLB Keenan Clayton (4.66), Minnesota OLB Simoni Lawrence (4.68), Missouri MLB Sean Weatherspoon (4.68) and Iowa OLB A.J. Edds (4.71).
Thanks for the update. Here's the link on all the LBs that I referred to. It shows Spoon as running a 4.57.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010-nfl-combine-results-linebackers/

steelerkeylargo
03-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Mike Iupati-I see too much holding and questionable technique....

If you are basing this on one game--an exhibition game--then I think you would miss what scouts are seeing...

He is being comapred to Steve Hutchinson by many scouts.

I am not saying he cant be a good player....I just think he is too risky at 1/18. No guards have been taken in the first round the last 2 years. I have seen some writers comparing him to Hutch not many scouts though.

hawaiiansteel
03-01-2010, 07:13 PM

March 1

Thanks for the update. Here's the link on all the LBs that I referred to. It shows Spoon as running a 4.57.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2010-nfl-combine-results-linebackers/

this is the official website of the NFL Combine where it shows Weatherspoon running a 4.68 40-yard dash. below is the link:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Discipline of Steel
03-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Even if Iupati translates into a good player, why do we need another trapping, Samoan mauler of a guard when we just paid Kemo? Is Urbik already a bust? I think there are more poorly manned positions on defense where we can get a player of equivalent caliber. Just say no to Iupati :Boobs

Steel Life
03-01-2010, 08:49 PM
1. Cody...ughh.
2. Micah Johnson...knee problems are a red flag.
3. Any QB not named Webb or Edwards.
4. Any OL described as "zone-blocker".
5. Any DB described as "poor tackler".