PDA

View Full Version : Computer question on Web Camera

SteelCrazy
02-10-2010, 10:25 PM
I recently purchased a Toshiba Satellite P505D-S8000 laptop and I am having trouble getting the web cam to work.

The mic works fine and the blue light that indicates the web cam is on works, but it only shows a picture of the sky that was pre-installed on the computer. It will not show me on the screen, only the sky picture.

Any idea's?

BTW, I want to use the face recognition feature the web cam app offers, it is not for my pole dance routine.

Iron Shiek
02-12-2010, 04:41 PM
:wft You had a nice post going with very insightful thoughts on what you needed from the community and then with a few words at the end you scarred my eyes and mind. Thanks! :x :D

While reading your question...the whole time all I could think of was the standard old "did you take the lens cap off"?

There has to be some kind of setting in the software to activate the lens...I wish I could help more other than provide smart a$$ remarks...but my HP laptop webcam functioned properly right from the jump.

fordfixer
02-13-2010, 09:21 AM
I talked to my son who also has a Toshiba Satellite he has not had any problems with his web cam. Sorry :?