PDA

View Full Version : If the Draft Breaks this way..

NJ-STEELER
02-05-2010, 12:11 AM
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/2010mock.htm

who would you draft.
7 round mock

here's what i would do.

franchise KC or sign to a 2-3 year deal and same for clark.

1. pouncey.... OC would really like to trade down from 18. hopefully pick up a 2nd. if not take him there because i cheated and saw who was available in RD 2

2. kyle wison CB.... before the updated version. he had pouncey going after our 2nd pick. i had CB warren (again wanting to tarde down a bit) and pouncey in the 2nd

3. A. Dixon RB.......not a huge need here, but big kid looks impressive. would consider CBs spivey, murphy, Ghee if going a differnet route in RD 2

4. Eskridge FS.... carter needs to go or just play as the 6th/7th DB. still need skill and youth in the defensive backfield... would also look at jacoby ford here if i they go for a safety earlier like in the 2nd where rolle and a few others come off the board

4B. carrington DE .......... rumored comp pick for losing faddy and nate

5. micah johnson ILB.....

6.cam thomas NT groom him for when casey isn't here

7. boo robinson NT. more comition for the NT spot. OLB riley and CB anash also considered

did i leave any "needs" out?

steelerkeylargo
02-05-2010, 12:17 AM
don't worry it won't

Shawn
02-05-2010, 12:27 AM
I like Pouncey and Dixon alot. I'm just not sure I like Pouncey at 18. Dixon has all the tools to be a very good NFL back.

birtikidis
02-05-2010, 12:53 AM
I like the Wilson pick, would prefer to move back in the first, get an extra second and take Spikes, Pouncey and Wilson. it's possible just not probable.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-05-2010, 09:45 AM
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/2010mock.htm

who would you draft.
7 round mock

here's what i would do.

franchise KC or sign to a 2-3 year deal and same for clark.

1. pouncey.... OC would really like to trade down from 18. hopefully pick up a 2nd. if not take him there because i cheated and saw who was available in RD 2

2. kyle wison CB.... before the updated version. he had pouncey going after our 2nd pick. i had CB warren (again wanting to tarde down a bit) and pouncey in the 2nd

3. A. Dixon RB.......not a huge need here, but big kid looks impressive. would consider CBs spivey, murphy, Ghee if going a differnet route in RD 2

4. Eskridge FS.... carter needs to go or just play as the 6th/7th DB. still need skill and youth in the defensive backfield... would also look at jacoby ford here if i they go for a safety earlier like in the 2nd where rolle and a few others come off the board

4B. carrington DE .......... rumored comp pick for losing faddy and nate

5. micah johnson ILB.....

6.cam thomas NT groom him for when casey isn't here

7. boo robinson NT. more comition for the NT spot. OLB riley and CB anash also considered

did i leave any "needs" out?
I'm hearing we will get 2 (5th's) and a 7th as comps.

1. As for the draft, I don't like Pouncey at #18. I like the trade down scenario too but if they can't, I would rather see them take BPA regardless of position rather than just take BPA at a position of need. I'm all for Pouncey in the 2nd if he is there. I think he is a late 1st early 2nd player. Pushed because he is the best at his position.

2. I like Wilson & wouldn't mind him. I think the Steelers look for a more physical guy like Cox or Warren. I would be happy with any of them. I think Warren moves up after the combine.

3. I like Dixon too. I think there are many teams that feel the same. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come off the board early 3rd. He would be a nice addition to spell Mendenhall.

4. If they don't get a S earlier, I think they are looking. I think Eskridge nees a great combine to move up. If Wright, Rolle, or Chancellor are still on the board I would like them. Don't know if one slips here. Also would consider Cook the CB form Virginia. The Steelers already talked to him about playing FS in the Pros. Watch for his name through this whole process.

4b. Like Carrington but the latest he goes is the 3rd.

5. Like Johnson, he is in my mock. I'm projecting him as a 4th after the combine.

6. Again, love Cam Thomas, he is in my mock. He doesn't go past the 3rd and after the Senior Bowl & a solid combine...He might go late 2nd.

7. Like Boo's motor. Kind of a "tweener". He played better when he lost weight in college. But at this level he might need the weight to play DT. Might only be a 4-3 DT. Reminds me allot of Kendrick Clancy when the Steelers drafted him. I say tweener because he showed athleticism when he was smaller. Does he have enough to be a 3-4 DE? A little shorter than preferred for 3-4 DE. His best shot might be to get down around 275 and try to move out to 4-3 DE.

Just my thoughts...

RuthlessBurgher
02-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Not a very realistic 7 round mock, in my opinion, but if it fell that way (assuming that we get 2 comp picks at the end of the 5th round and 1 comp pick at the end of the 7th round, I would pick as follows:

1. Bruce Campbell OT
2. Sean Weatherspoon LB
3. Brandon Ghee CB
4. Alex Carrington DE
5. Micah Johnson LB
5c. Dennis Pitta TE
5c. LaGarrett Blount RB
6. Cam Thomas NT
7. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB
7c. Chris Cook FS

steelblood
02-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Cam Thomas confuses me. I watched him play at UNC. Marvin Austin, the other DT, drew constant double teams. Often facing a single blocker, Thomas looked stiff and rarely made an impact. He was strong and pushed the pocket sometimes, but he didn't really produce results (and I'm not just talking about tackles). He simply disappeared too often.

He was obviously a 4th round pick at best. Now, he ratchets it up for the Senior Bowl. He even looked athletic. Was he stifled by a system? Was he dogging it?

Oviedo
02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
I like Pouncey and Dixon alot. I'm just not sure I like Pouncey at 18. Dixon has all the tools to be a very good NFL back.

Pouncey at #18 is a huge overdraft. Also keep in mind the type of offense he came from is very unique and he was not asked to do alot of power blocking. I would not take him at #18.

NJ-STEELER
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
yeah, i know pouncey is a bit of a reach at 18.

just wanted to upgrade the OC position with the best prospect. IMO, the weakest part of the OL