PDA

View Full Version : More Seahag whining...

Iron Shiek
02-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Shaun Alexander on ESPN radio...which I have boycotted recently but somehow ended up hearing this interview. And he is still convinced the "refs had a bad night" and it "wouldn't surprise him if 10 years from now a story did come out that there was cheating going on".

He was trying to say it as sheepishly and reluctantly as possible...but enough already.

frankthetank1
02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
shaun who??? :lol: :lol: glad to see this is still eating at him. what a loser, let it go

RuthlessBurgher
02-04-2010, 04:57 PM
This continues to blow my mind. Darrell Jackson clearly pushed off in the end zone. Clark Haggans was clearly held by their RT. The only truly bad call against the Seahawks in that game was that they gave us an extra 15 yards on Ike's INT return because of some kind of bogus low block call against Hasselbeck. It isn't like there was one obviously bad blown call that was the difference between winning and losing. The score was 21-10!!! They were totally fooled by the Randle El reverse pass to Hines. No one came close to tackling Parker on his long TD. You were beaten! Deal with it!!!

fezziwig
02-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Your right. They might not like the calls but, they happened and they were called for it. It wasn't like some bogus call that the refs tried to give the game to us. You know, like the tuck rule.

NW Steeler
02-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Try living up here in Washington state. Most Seahawk fans absolutely HATE the Steelers and still think that we "cheated". They will never get over it, unless they win a Super Bowl. So, they probably will never get over it. I just wear my Black n' Gold and rub it in their faces!

fezziwig
02-04-2010, 05:24 PM
Try living up here in Washington state. Most Seahawk fans absolutely HATE the Steelers and still think that we "cheated". They will never get over it, unless they win a Super Bowl. So, they probably will never get over it. I just wear my Black n' Gold and rub it in their faces!

Dude, thanks for being our black and gold voice across the nation.

Lebsteel
02-04-2010, 05:35 PM

I guess that is what happens when you have to live without sunshine. It makes for a very warped mind...but obviously NW, you have escaped the curse! :tt1

drprwnap
02-04-2010, 05:58 PM
This continues to blow my mind. Darrell Jackson clearly pushed off in the end zone. Clark Haggans was clearly held by their RT. The only truly bad call against the Seahawks in that game was that they gave us an extra 15 yards on Ike's INT return because of some kind of bogus low block call against Hasselbeck. It isn't like there was one obviously bad blown call that was the difference between winning and losing. The score was 21-10!!! They were totally fooled by the Randle El reverse pass to Hines. No one came close to tackling Parker on his long TD. You were beaten! Deal with it!!!

Yeah, and it was the ref's fault that their kicker missed 2 (or 3, I can't remember) FG.
Yeah, it was the ref's fault that their TE (can't remember his name-Peezy called him soft) couldn't catch a cold.
Yeah, it was the ref's fault that the Seahawks couldn't manage the clock at the end of the first half.
Point being, they had CHANCES to win the game but COULDN'T!
:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon

birtikidis
02-04-2010, 06:26 PM
the hasselback call was not bogus. you cannot hit a blocker in the knees when that player is blocking for another who returning an INT.

cruzer8
02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
A few weeks ago I heard some d-bag on WTAM interviewing Holmgren. He brought up how much he hates the Steelers and how the refs were on the take and gave us the game. Holmgren didn't directly agree with him but instead went on about how it's such a shame that the game will always be remembered for how involved the officials were in the game and how well the Seahawks played.

:brownssuck

birtikidis
02-04-2010, 06:35 PM
maybe if Holmgrens FatAss spent more time coaching his players on fundamentals they woulndn't have committed these penalties. but last i checked when your tackle is behind a player and he's still impeding their progress, that accounts for holding. also when a reciever places his hands on the defensive back and then extends his arms that accounts for a push off. lastly when any player dives at the knees of a blocker on an interception return that accounts for an illegal block.

Shawn
02-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Let me be the voice of reason here. Take off your black and gold goggles for a second and look at the game with reason and logic. The Steelers were clearly outplayed and the refs were clearly ignorant. The Seahawks had that game stolen! Stolen I tell you!

Ok...I can't say that with a straight face. :lol:

NW Steeler
02-04-2010, 06:43 PM

I guess that is what happens when you have to live without sunshine. It makes for a very warped mind...but obviously NW, you have escaped the curse! :tt1

I live on eastern side of the state. We get 300 days of sunshine a year here. I think it has more to do with not winning any form of a championship since the Sonics in the late 70's. And the Sonics blew off to Oklahoma City! That in itself was a travesty. SB XL was their shot and THEY blew it. It was a poorly played game for the most part on both sides. Some of the calls were borderline for sure. But all were legitimate. And the Hags made so many mistakes and didn't make any plays to win the game. Holmgren had his head up his arse in that game as well. I've never seen such bad clock management at the end of a half. The Seahawks could have overcome the "obstacle" of the refs if they made field goals, caught passes (thank you Jeramy Stevens), and made a play on D. They didn't. They lost. So suck it Seahawk fans!

birtikidis
02-04-2010, 06:45 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":rq1imf9w]Try living up here in Washington state. Most Seahawk fans absolutely HATE the Steelers and still think that we "cheated". They will never get over it, unless they win a Super Bowl. So, they probably will never get over it. I just wear my Black n' Gold and rub it in their faces!

I live on eastern side of the state. We get 300 days of sunshine a year here. I think it has more to do with not winning any form of a championship since the Sonics in the late 70's. And the Sonics blew off to Oklahoma City! That in itself was a travesty. SB XL was their shot and THEY blew it. It was a poorly played game for the most part on both sides. Some of the calls were borderline for sure. But all were legitimate. And the Hags made so many mistakes and didn't make any plays to win the game. Holmgren had his head up his arse in that game as well. I've never seen such bad clock management at the end of a half. The Seahawks could have overcome the "obstacle" of the refs if they made field goals, caught passes (thank you Jeramy Stevens), and made a play on D. They didn't. They lost. So suck it Seahawk fans![/quote:rq1imf9w]
I was a psych major, there is actually a disorder associated with lack of sunshine. Seasonal Affliction Disorder, something about vitamin d i think. my opinion is that theres just a lot of latte sipping dirty hippies with no purpose to live in seatle.

NW Steeler
02-04-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah it is funny. Washington is two states in one. The west side is ultra liberal, ultra-environmental with a lot of rain. The east side is ultra conservative, rural/agricultural based with a lot of sunshine. Seattle is a beautiful city, but I'll stick over here with the hicks on the "east side"!!

RuthlessBurgher
02-04-2010, 07:53 PM
the hasselback call was not bogus. you cannot hit a blocker in the knees when that player is blocking for another who returning an INT.

Okay, then there were no calls against the Seahawks then! :twisted:

(I was at the game, so I did not hear any of the announcers explaining the Hasselbeck penalty. When the ref called it, he just called an illegal block on Hasselbeck, so we just thought why the hell are they calling an illegal block on QB who was trying to tackle the guy who picked off his pass? Personally, I think I was too dumbfounded by the fact that Ike Taylor actually caught a ball to be able to think clearly at the time.)

Since Holmgren appears to have never gotten over that game, do you think he went to Cleveland just so he has two shots against the hated Steelers every year, instead of one shot every four years?

NorCal-Steeler
02-04-2010, 08:27 PM
I've watched the last 2 seasons and see that the same holding calls are not enforced on James Harrison so maybe they were bogus calls on the hawks. :roll:

fordfixer
02-04-2010, 08:48 PM
to be able to think clearly
A problem you still have today :lol: :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
02-04-2010, 09:00 PM

If I were suddenly coherant on a consistent basis, you all would wonder what was wrong with me. So I have to keep posting random goofy images to uphold my reputation.

http://memegenerator.net/Thumbnails/338/208x228_Comedy-Crab-Statistically-6-out-of-7-dwarves-are-not-happy.jpg http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a1250/a1250_thumb.jpg http://th04.deviantart.net/fs7/300W/f/2006/344/b/e/Push_Button_Receive_Bacon_by_snaw.jpg

fordfixer
02-04-2010, 09:09 PM

If I were suddenly coherant on a consistent basis, you all would wonder what was wrong with me. So I have to keep posting random goofy images to uphold my reputation.

http://memegenerator.net/Thumbnails/338/208x228_Comedy-Crab-Statistically-6-out-of-7-dwarves-are-not-happy.jpg http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a1250/a1250_thumb.jpg http://th04.deviantart.net/fs7/300W/f/2006/344/b/e/Push_Button_Receive_Bacon_by_snaw.jpg
It's your story tell it any way you want :wink:

birtikidis
02-05-2010, 12:49 AM
Ruthless,
I was actually joking with my dad that fatty really must hate the steelers to take the browns job. but i think there is some merit there. fatty has always had a hell of an ego (i've never met a fat man with an ego before, very interesting) and he's always believed that he can turn around crappy organizations to be dominant so, maybe he thinks he'll get some redemption.

Djfan
02-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Ruthless,
I was actually joking with my dad that fatty really must hate the steelers to take the browns job. but i think there is some merit there. fatty has always had a hell of an ego (i've never met a fat man with an ego before, very interesting) and he's always believed that he can turn around crappy organizations to be dominant so, maybe he thinks he'll get some redemption.

The Stains will never turn around, and the walrus will bear the brunt of his unmasking. What do you suppose he goes after Favre for that team? That's the only reason he won the bowl he did win.

NJ-STEELER
02-05-2010, 05:22 AM
i agree with shaun.

that pic on troy was a pretty bad non call on the hawks TD

Jooser
02-05-2010, 09:06 AM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/STFU2-2.gif

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/sbXVtd.jpg

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/05RoethlisbergerBen02.jpg :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/seahawksbaby5ve-1.jpg :lol:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/747751550_l.gif
(the official seal of Champions)

fezziwig
02-05-2010, 09:43 AM
As I always said, " people think that Seatle is a rainy place, it's just all their crying tears. "

papillon
02-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Let me be the voice of reason here. Take off your black and gold goggles for a second and look at the game with reason and logic. The Steelers were clearly outplayed and the refs were clearly ignorant. The Seahawks had that game stolen! Stolen I tell you!

Ok...I can't say that with a straight face. :lol:

All I'll say about the calls is as follows.

First of all, any athlete that blames the refereeing for a loss deserves to have lost the game, that's making excuses instead of making plays. Our thirteen year old knows better than to talk to me after they lose a game and start blaming the refs for missed calls, bad calls or no calls. I won't listen to him until he wants to discuss what "they" didn't do as a team to lose the game.

Secondly, the calls were made and the Steelers benefited, had the calls not been made it wouldn't bother me in the least and I would have expected the Steelers to play and win the game.

The calls were made, it happens all the time, play or give up, the Seahawks gave up. If the calls hadn't been made, I'd been fine with that too and would expect the Steelers to play on.

Pappy

anger 82&95
02-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Amazing... The Seahawk players are still angry about the refs having the audacity to call penalties on such occurrences as pushing off and illegal blocking. How about focusing some much needed rancor against their own coaching staff for not having the team prepared? Dropped passes, missed field goals, horrendous clock management and a complete lack of focus; for goodness sakes the Seahawk players where crying, grousing and wringing their hands even before the conclusion of the game. No professionalism whatsoever... And "the better team lost" argument is inherently ridiculous because in the next match-up between the two teams, the Steelers easily destroyed the Seahawks.

NW Steeler
02-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Amazing... The Seahawk players are still angry about the refs having the audacity to call penalties on such occurrences as pushing off and illegal blocking. How about focusing some much needed rancor against their own coaching staff for not having the team prepared? Dropped passes, missed field goals, horrendous clock management and a complete lack of focus; for goodness sakes the Seahawk players where crying, grousing and wringing their hands even before the conclusion of the game. No professionalism whatsoever... And "the better team lost" argument is inherently ridiculous because in the next match-up between the two teams, the Steelers easily destroyed the Seahawks.

The Seahags completely lost their composure as a team. Just think, if Ben hadn't thrown that pic in the EZ we would have been up 21-3 in the 3rd Q and that game would have been a blowout. Woulda shoulda coulda. You lost Hags, so just STFU already!

anger 82&95
02-05-2010, 12:33 PM
[quote="anger 82&95":nwthnzzf]Amazing... The Seahawk players are still angry about the refs having the audacity to call penalties on such occurrences as pushing off and illegal blocking. How about focusing some much needed rancor against their own coaching staff for not having the team prepared? Dropped passes, missed field goals, horrendous clock management and a complete lack of focus; for goodness sakes the Seahawk players where crying, grousing and wringing their hands even before the conclusion of the game. No professionalism whatsoever... And "the better team lost" argument is inherently ridiculous because in the next match-up between the two teams, the Steelers easily destroyed the Seahawks.

The Seahags completely lost their composure as a team. Just think, if Ben hadn't thrown that pic in the EZ we would have been up 21-3 in the 3rd Q and that game would have been a blowout. Woulda shoulda coulda. You lost Hags, so just STFU already![/quote:nwthnzzf]
Exactly, and you didn't see the Steelers crying after the pick. Like professionals, they shrugged it off and won the game.

costanza2k1
02-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Most team members mimic their leader. In this case the Walrus cried through the game and after. It rubbed off on the team and the fans. Now the Walrus brings that leadership to the Browns. I love it. Suck me Seattle! :moon

NW Steeler
02-05-2010, 01:33 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":q8xwor1t][quote="anger 82&95":q8xwor1t]Amazing... The Seahawk players are still angry about the refs having the audacity to call penalties on such occurrences as pushing off and illegal blocking. How about focusing some much needed rancor against their own coaching staff for not having the team prepared? Dropped passes, missed field goals, horrendous clock management and a complete lack of focus; for goodness sakes the Seahawk players where crying, grousing and wringing their hands even before the conclusion of the game. No professionalism whatsoever... And "the better team lost" argument is inherently ridiculous because in the next match-up between the two teams, the Steelers easily destroyed the Seahawks.

The Seahags completely lost their composure as a team. Just think, if Ben hadn't thrown that pic in the EZ we would have been up 21-3 in the 3rd Q and that game would have been a blowout. Woulda shoulda coulda. You lost Hags, so just STFU already![/quote:q8xwor1t]
Exactly, and you didn't see the Steelers crying after the pick. Like professionals, they shrugged it off and won the game.[/quote:q8xwor1t]

That is something I point out to the Hag fans when I reference SB XLIII. We get a holding call in the EZ, punt, then lose the lead. Then, backed up in our own end with a couple of minutes to play, we get a holding call on first down and are backed up even more. Instead of whining and making excuses, Ben and the O make the plays to win the game. That is why the Steelers are CHAMPS and the Hags are CHUMPS!!

fezziwig
02-05-2010, 03:21 PM
And further more, we went on to win another Super Bowl after we BEAT your bird team.