PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter requests a trade

steelerkeylargo
02-01-2010, 06:39 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/ca ... umor-mill/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

Welp he still wants to start...guess that nixes a homecoming.

Chadman
02-01-2010, 06:42 PM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

:tt1

ANPSTEEL
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

where do you put him?

Chadman
02-01-2010, 06:56 PM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

where do you put him?

Anywhere he likes!!

:D

Seriously though- if he doesn't get the interest he wants, Chadman would look to bring him in as the #1 back-up across the LB's- spell Farrior, Timmons, Harrison or Woodley. Keep him somewhat fresh, let him blitz as necessary, let him cover where required...

hawaiiansteel
02-01-2010, 10:37 PM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

where do you put him?

Anywhere he likes!!

Seriously though- if he doesn't get the interest he wants, Chadman would look to bring him in as the #1 back-up across the LB's- spell Farrior, Timmons, Harrison or Woodley. Keep him somewhat fresh, let him blitz as necessary, let him cover where required...

I loved the guy when he was a Steeler but there is no way Joey Porter's ego would allow him to be satisfied with a backup role. Also, as a backup he would need to be able to contribute on special teams, which I highly doubt he would be willing to or able to do at this point in his career.

papillon
02-01-2010, 11:34 PM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

where do you put him?

On the bench in case Silverback or Woodley get injured. :tt2

Pappy

ANPSTEEL
02-02-2010, 12:12 AM
ok-

in all seriousness, I love peezey's attitude, but I just don't see him back in Pitt.

Where is he going to be???

Maybe Green Bay-

Maybe Washington.

where else could he end up???

steelernation77
02-02-2010, 12:47 AM
Kansas City maybe?

Scarletfire1970
02-02-2010, 06:28 AM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

:Agree

:tt2

SteelAbility
02-02-2010, 09:33 AM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

I was just going to say ... and somewhere in the UK Chadman is grinning! :mrgreen:

Chadman
02-02-2010, 09:52 AM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

I was just going to say ... and somewhere in the UK Chadman is grinning! :mrgreen:

Hahaha...Australia mate! Close but no cigar!

RuthlessBurgher
02-02-2010, 12:38 PM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

The other side of the world is close? Here in the States, we have an expression about digging a hole to China...do you folks ever talk about digging a hole to London? :P

I think Chadman has just been talking about bringing back baby kangaroos this whole time. :mrgreen:

SteelAbility
02-02-2010, 12:42 PM
BRING BACK JOEY!!!

Isn't Australia just UK South? :P

I guess I concluded UK from a previous post you made which seemed to indicate that you follow the EPL. I guess I ASSuMEd. :moon

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
02-02-2010, 01:14 PM
He will end up getting released and the Dolphins will absorb the hit in the uncapped year. We will see alot of teams bailing out of contracts when the time hits. I would take Joey back if he wants to be a reserve. That is why he wants out of Miami...So most likely it won't happen. So...Sometime in the near future...We will take him back on a 1 year vet contract...So he could retire a Steeler days later. The Steelers owe him that.

ikestops85
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
I see him going to Arizona to play for Whiz :tt2

BradshawsHairdresser
02-02-2010, 06:26 PM

That's more likely than him coming back to the Steelers, IMO.

hawaiiansteel
02-02-2010, 07:28 PM

Joey Porter wants to play in California

Posted by Evan Silva on February 2, 2010 5:13 PM ET

On Monday, Dolphins outside linebacker Joey Porter requested a trade.

On Tuesday, Porter attempted to dictate where he'll go.

The 33-year-old informed Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that he wants to play for a team in his home state of California that utilizes the 3-4 defensive scheme.

Just two teams fit the profile: the Chargers and 49ers. Neither is especially in need of an outside rusher. San Francisco tied for third in the NFL in sacks last season, while San Diego used its 2009 first-round pick on Larry English. English was a backup as a rookie.

Porter's best bet might be Arizona. The Cardinals run the 3-4, and are likely to lose impending free agent OLB Chike Okeafor. The team's primary nickel rusher, Bertrand Berry, has retired.

We don't doubt that Porter could help a team as a situational pass rusher. He had nine sacks in 2009. The question is whether he's willing to be one, and his comments to Jim Rome on Monday indicate that he isn't.

Iron Shiek
02-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Dolphins have officially released him per several reports today.

hawaiiansteel
02-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Joey Porter is no longer the Dolphins' problem

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 12, 2010 3:55 PM ET

Joey Porter was a headache not worth keeping even before he went on his media tour disparaging the Dolphins organization. On Friday, the Dolphins finally released the linebacker, according to Fox's Jay Glazer. The Dolphins have confirmed the move.

Porter should be careful what he wishes for. He was due $4.6 million in 2010, and we'd bet a free year's subscription to PFT that he doesn't make that much money now.

Porter's act on the way out in Miami won't help his case. He acted like a high schooler that knew he was getting dumped by his girlfriend, so he started talking trash about her to all his friends. He was a goner regardless.

His production was very up-and-down in his three Dolphins seasons, but Porter is only a year removed from a monster season. He'll have to convince interested teams that he's willing to come off the field occasionally, which did not sit well with him in Miami.

Iron Shiek
02-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Interesting. I just got a text alert sayin the drop was deemed invalid due to salary cap rules. I assume they just have to wait for a certain date? update from schefters twitter says dropping him now accelerates his cap number to 4.8 mil but only got 4.2 mil cap space. Confusion reigns.

hawaiiansteel
02-12-2010, 07:56 PM
Interesting. I just got a text alert sayin the drop was deemed invalid due to salary cap rules. I assume they just have to wait for a certain date?

League rules require Dolphins to keep Porter until March 5

Posted by Mike Florio on February 12, 2010 6:06 PM ET

The good news is that it didn't take long for linebacker Joey Porter to land back on an NFL roster.

The bad news is that he's back with the Dolphins.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the release of Porter prior to the start of the uncapped year on March 5 would have pushed the Dolphins over the salary cap that still applies to the 2009 league year.

So the Dolphins won't be able to cut him until March 5. And now everyone knows he'll be cut.

Actually, the development could prompt any interested teams to consider trading for the balance of Porter's current contract, in order to secure dibs on his services.

Maybe, then, the Dolphins' error was intentional.

Iron Shiek
02-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Right on hawaii, thanks for the assist. Im on my phone and cant post the story.

ikestops85
02-12-2010, 08:12 PM

The 33-year-old informed Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that he wants to play for a team in his home state of California that utilizes the 3-4 defensive scheme.

Just two teams fit the profile: the Chargers and 49ers. Neither is especially in need of an outside rusher. San Francisco tied for third in the NFL in sacks last season, .
while San Diego used its 2009 first-round pick on Larry English. English was a backup as a rookie

Porter's best bet might be Arizona. The Cardinals run the 3-4, and are likely to lose impending free agent OLB Chike Okeafor. The team's primary nickel rusher, Bertrand Berry, has retired.

We don't doubt that Porter could help a team as a situational pass rusher. He had nine sacks in 2009. The question is whether he's willing to be one, and his comments to Jim Rome on Monday indicate that he isn't.

Does San Diego employ one of those uber complicated defenses where rookies can't play in their first year? :stirpot

:D :lol:

hawaiiansteel
02-12-2010, 09:20 PM

Just two teams fit the profile: the Chargers and 49ers. Neither is especially in need of an outside rusher. San Francisco tied for third in the NFL in sacks last season, .
while San Diego used its 2009 first-round pick on Larry English. English was a backup as a rookie

Does San Diego employ one of those uber complicated defenses where rookies can't play in their first year? :stirpot

:D :lol:

D*ick Lebeau's influence on NFL defenses is spreading league-wide as other teams copy his ways... :lol: