PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Reed...

NC Steeler Fan
02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
I don't know if anyone else saw it, but during the pre game for the pro bowl the ran a couple of segments of "C'MON MAN!!" where they point out ridiculous flubs or miscues by players during games.

Right up there with the worst of the AFC gaffs was Reed's infamous "non-tackle" on the TD run back this year.

Sorry guys, but I still say he owes us a helluva lot more effort in the future. He can make all the excuses he wants, but that was six points that might as well have been two game-losing missed field goals as far as I'm concerned.

Oviedo
02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I don't know if anyone else saw it, but during the pre game for the pro bowl the ran a couple of segments of "C'MON MAN!!" where they point out ridiculous flubs or miscues by players during games.

Right up there with the worst of the AFC gaffs was Reed's infamous "non-tackle" on the TD run back this year.

Sorry guys, but I still say he owes us a helluva lot more effort in the future. He can make all the excuses he wants, but that was six points that might as well have been two game-losing missed field goals as far as I'm concerned.

Isn't he from NC. Pretty lazy bunch of slackards up that way from what I hear :D

I guess he didn't want to risk breaking himself in a contract year.

MeetJoeGreene
02-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Getting upset with your kicker for non being able to make a tackle is akin to being upset at your relief pitcher's inability to hit home runs.

steelerkeylargo
02-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Getting upset with your kicker for non being able to make a tackle is akin to being upset at your relief pitcher's inability to hit home runs.

I couldn't agree more.

frankthetank1
02-01-2010, 05:21 PM

that is true but its more of the lack of effort and desire reed showed. if he dove and missed the tackle thats one thing but taking the pu$$y way out and doing nothing was very poor

ghettoscott
02-01-2010, 05:50 PM

the pitcher could at least swing at the ball....make an effort. What Reed did was akin to the pitcher walking to home plate and standing there with his dork in his hand taking strike after strike. Reed did NOTHING....how hard is it to fall down in front of the return man? At least slow the cat down so a real player could make a tackle.

ghettoscott
02-01-2010, 05:51 PM

that is true but its more of the lack of effort and desire reed showed. if he dove and missed the tackle thats one thing but taking the pu$$y way out and doing nothing was very poor

:Agree

NJ-STEELER
02-01-2010, 06:15 PM
it wasn't lack of effort.

it was he was completely juked by harvin. he's running to where harvin would have been and that juke caught him off guard and off balace. to th point of all he could do is bump him

its not like he's a DB and can change his body position as they can. he's a fricken kicker

Discipline of Steel
02-01-2010, 11:26 PM

You watch baseball? :D

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
02-02-2010, 01:13 AM

the pitcher could at least swing at the ball....make an effort. What Reed did was akin to the pitcher walking to home plate and standing there with his dork in his hand taking strike after strike. Reed did NOTHING....how hard is it to fall down in front of the return man? At least slow the cat down so a real player could make a tackle.

No....Reed not running down the play and getting over would be akin to leaving the bat on his shoulder. What he did was more like a weak swing that he missed by a mile.....like a pitcher.

steelernation77
02-02-2010, 02:13 AM

it was he was completely juked by harvin. he's running to where harvin would have been and that juke caught him off guard and off balace. to th point of all he could do is bump him

its not like he's a DB and can change his body position as they can. he's a fricken kicker

Yep.

People who complain about Reed on that play clearly don't understand the difficulty of making a tackle on a guy like Percy Harvin in the open field. Reed was juked and it threw him off. Jeff has never been one to shy away from making a tackle and I don't question him now.

phillyesq
02-02-2010, 07:56 AM

:Agree

flippy
02-02-2010, 08:56 AM
I still think Reed was doing the right thing by trying to get in the way and slow the returner down to let other Steelers catch him and then he got juked and looked silly.

Not the first guy Harvin made look silly.

And I agree with MJG.

SteelAbility
02-02-2010, 09:49 AM

The "upset" here is more directed at his unwillingness to swing at the ball ... or the other imagery which is actually not imagery, it's literal reality ... his two-hand touch approach to tackling ... :Boobs

stlrz d
02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Funny...when they showed the view from the EZ it certainly looked like Reed could have easily slowed Harvin just by causing Harvin to have to go around him.

He had a shot and he didn't take it.

pfelix73
02-02-2010, 10:24 AM
I'd let him walk and then draft the kicker out of Alabama in the later rounds.

:tt1

SteelAbility
02-02-2010, 12:39 PM

No....Reed not running down the play and getting over would be akin to leaving the bat on his shoulder. What he did was more like a weak swing that he missed by a mile.....like a pitcher.

In my thinking Reed running over to get near the runner is more akin to just stepping up to the plate in a "show" of desiring to bat. When the ball whizzed by him he refused to swing.