PDA

View Full Version : Saints or Colts?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
No-brainer for me - I want the Saints all the way. The city deserves it; it'd be great if a castoff and disrespected QB like Brees wins it ("he's only 6 ft tall, never make it in the NFL, we're gonna kick him to the curb and put our $ on Rivers", says Yoda Norv); and geez there is something about Manning that just turns me off big time (Peyton, not so much Eli).

Last I heard Colts were favored by 4, but I heard one of their big defensive guys (Freeney?) got banged up pretty bad at the end of the game.

Who do you guys want/think is going to win?

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm rooting Black and Gold, baby.

SteelTorch
01-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Definitely the Saints. I'm one of the few Steelers fans who doesn't hate Peyton Manning, but Brees and the city of New Orleans deserves it. From what I hear, even Indy fans like Brees.

Black and gold, baby! :tt2

Steelgal
01-31-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm rooting for the Saints, but if I had to bet I would say the Colts would win. The Saints D isn't the best, so I see Peyton having a good game. Not sure if the Saints can outscore them if Peyton has his "A" game on.

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 06:20 PM
Definitely the Saints. I'm one of the few Steelers fans who doesn't hate Peyton Manning, but Brees and the city of New Orleans deserves it. From what I hear, even Indy fans like Brees.

Black and gold, baby! :tt2

I'm for the Saints too... I don't hate Manning but like Tebow I hate the media slobbering over him. He is really good but I'll never forget that "football move" call. Like Peezy said.. "they tried to cheat us, we saw it, you all saw it.." LOL!!!

I can't stand the OT rules debate due to Manning the other year, the piped noisegate, the rules for WR's being adjusted, the laying down debate over the Colts and perfection...

It's like the NFL/ESPN calls Manning after every game to frame the stories for the upcoming week. It's not his game I hate, I actually enjoy it and was a huge UT fan and went there for a year. It's the media's love affair that turned me off the Colts.

fordfixer
01-31-2010, 06:23 PM
I'm still looking for away for the Steelers to play next week

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 06:27 PM

Go to Hulu.com

They have an NFL section with a ton of film on all the teams.

I watched the SB replays.. My Dad called to let me know the 4 SB's of the 70's were on the NFL network last night. Don't have NFLN but found out they had them on Hulu.com

less commercials too.

fordfixer
01-31-2010, 06:31 PM

Go to Hulu.com

I watched the SB replays.. My Dad called to let me know the 4 SB's of the 70's were on the NFL network last night. Don't have NFLN but found out they had them on Hulu.com

less commercials too.
I recorded them on my dvr last night

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 06:36 PM

Go to Hulu.com

less commercials too.
I recorded them on my dvr last night

you should still visit Hulu.. I posted a new thread with a link

101 video's of Steeler glory!!

Wolfhound45
01-31-2010, 06:37 PM
http://isportsweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/New-Orleans-Saints-Logo-751212.jpg

proudpittsburgher
01-31-2010, 08:15 PM
Totally want the Saints to win, but I don't think it's gonna happen. I hate Peyton Manning with every ounce of my football being. Not only will the Pansy not take a hit (he crumbles to the ground without ever being touched when he thinks a defender is coming in on him) but he has the audacity to publically call recievers out if he thinks the rookies run wrong routs, or the linemen don't protect the faberge egg known as Peyton manning. He doesn't care what the coaches tell him to do, he does his own thing, as evidenced by our 2005 game against them, when Dungy called the punt team on towards the end of the third quarter on fourth and three or four in their own territory, but Manning motioned them back on the sideline. If they don't get that first, the game is over going into the fourth quarter, and he will throw someone else under the bus. Don't even get me started on golden boy manning. :roll:

buckeyehoppy
01-31-2010, 10:07 PM
buckeyehoppy believes Peyton Manning to be a class act and he is mostly sure that the Colts will win and he will catch up to Benjamin's number of SB rings.

That said, He's not pulling for anyone that ain't wearin' the other Black and Gold.

Geaux Saints!

papillon
01-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Can they both lose?

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Read in SI.com Freeney reported with low ankle sprain, will be kept under wraps all week, gametime decision.

This won't help stop Manning, but it will give Brees extra protection (they won't have to double up on the left side), so I guess the effect of this is that it will be a higher scoring game than otherwise.

JAR
02-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Saints!

Chadman
02-01-2010, 07:49 PM
As a betting man, Chadman will be putting his money on the Colts.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Madden game says: Saints 34-31.

Less than 24 hours that we remain Champions of the NFL :cry:

RussBII
02-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I've gotta pull for the Saints. All the castoffs over there, and I love how they play football. Pedal to the metal the entire time.

Also, I don't like Peyton Manning. After the 2005 playoff game, he blamed his OL. You just don't do that. As a former OL myself (albeit in HS, and not a very good one), that just p!ssed me right off. He is effing amazing though...

I think the Colts will win, but man I want the Saints to win.

flippy
02-07-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm surprised both of these teams made it to the SuperBowl.

They are both mediocre teams. I really thought better teams would be playing like Pit vs Minny or Dallas.

That said, it's a tough choice. But without Freeney, I'm going with the Saints. Look at what they've done to good passing teams like NE and AZ.

And without Freeney, the Colts D can't do anything.

Wonder how these teams will look outside of their domes.

stlrz d
02-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Flippy, mediocre is not a term I would use to describe either of these teams. They're both very good.

NC Steeler Fan
02-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Saints all the way!

I usually go strictly with the AFC in the SB, but not this year.

In fact, if the Saints win, I'm writing the following on my back windshield tomorrow:

"Steeler Nation says:

CONGRATULAIONS SAINTS!"

Hey, at least I'm working the Steelers in there somehow! :lol:

BURGH86STEEL
02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
Both teams had great seasons and are deserving. Ashame that only one team can win the SB. Part of me would like to see the Colts and the other half wants the Saints. I hope to see a good entertaining game. I will admit that it would be nice to rub the Saints 1st SB win in the face of some Eagles fans.