PDA

View Full Version : Stop whatchya doin....

Dee Dub
01-30-2010, 10:34 PM
...cause I'm about to ruin the image and the style that ya use to.... :wink:

Signed....the Straw that Stirs the Drink.

:Bow

Jom112
01-30-2010, 10:37 PM
Bartender, I will have what he is having... :Cheers

hawaiiansteel
01-30-2010, 11:00 PM

and this is what you came up with for your first post? hope you didn't pull a brain muscle, can't wait to see what interesting content you have in your second post. :roll:

Dee Dub
01-30-2010, 11:11 PM

and this is what you came up with for your first post? hope you didn't pull a brain muscle, can't wait to see what interesting content you have in your second post. :roll:

Oh uhhhh you mean for this time around..... :wink: How soon they forgot. Out of sight out of mind. But I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

:lol:

BradshawsHairdresser
01-31-2010, 12:07 AM
No doubt about it...this is SFL (DVS One) from the old Trib board.
He will definitely liven things up on this forum, I'll promise you that. He will be the straw that stirs the drink.

Shawn
01-31-2010, 01:41 AM
Good to have ya back. :)

This should make for an interesting offseason. :mrgreen:

steelernation77
01-31-2010, 01:57 AM
Christ...

hawaiiansteel
01-31-2010, 02:47 AM
[quote="Dee Dub":2p6jk57d]...cause I'm about to ruin the image and the style that ya use to.... :wink:

Oh uhhhh you mean for this time around..... :wink: How soon they forgot. Out of sight out of mind. But I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.

:lol:[/quote:2p6jk57d]

Sorry, didn't recognize you. However, the SFL that I remember was an asset to any discussion board, great to have you back.

Why were you gone so long and what made you decide to return?

Chadman
01-31-2010, 03:11 AM

Hmm...funny- always assumed SFL was already on the board and posting as....crap, can't remember the name. Who is it with the vid of Mays cleaning up two guys in his Sig? That's who Chadman assumed was SFL all this time.

It's a pity you couldn't think up your own catchprase at the end- Crash had that one long before you stole it.

Either way, good to see you back. Don't act like a 'Bad Word' and we'll probably see a whole lot more of you.

Otherwise, if you are going to act like a "Bad Word", gotta question the resaoning as to why you'd bother coming back...

RussBII
01-31-2010, 04:57 AM
Oooo you screwed up those lyrics...

It's something like this...

Stop what ya' doin'
Cuz I'm about to ruin
The image and the style that you used too... (Here's where you screwed up...)
I look funny
But yo, I'm making money see.
So yo world I hope ya ready for me
Now gather round
I'm the new fool in town
and my sound's laid down by the underground
i'll drink up all the hennessy you got on yo' shelf
So just let me introduce myself...
My name is Humpty...

You can take it from here, I'm sure.

The Man of Steel
01-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Here's what the Humpty Dance sounds like when white dudes try to sing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq1lzOLfoYs

frankthetank1
01-31-2010, 09:26 AM
oh wow so the guy who told me that colt brennan was going to be a much better nfl qb than matt ryan is back huh. brilliant. please lay some more knowledge on me :lol:

ghettoscott
01-31-2010, 11:34 AM

:shock:

what THE hell was that?.......my eyes and ears hurt....

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM

:shock:

what THE hell was that?.......my eyes and ears hurt....

Yeah, well the cat in your sig seems to like it! :lol: :lol:

ANPSTEEL
01-31-2010, 02:49 PM
I always thought woodley of troy was sfl

but apparently dee dub is a better screen name

either way we have smg & sfl back together to antagonize the crap out of one another.

All that is missing now is wydo to laugh at.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-31-2010, 02:54 PM

either way we have smg & sfl back together to antagonize the crap out of one another.

I was on the old board, and remember ShanieMedGuy and Dutch. Dutch wasn't nearly as offensive as I recall, but I could see where his style could tick some people off. I don't remember anything about DVSOne except his screen name. What was his gig? Anti-Ben? Anti-Parker? Anti-Cowher? Anti-Tomlin?

Seems from comments on this board after his return that, like Dutch at least, people respected his football knowledge.

hawaiiansteel
01-31-2010, 03:02 PM
I miss Steelers43, anybody know what happened to him?

A lot of people didn't like him, I thought his posts were very informative.

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 06:16 PM

I was on the old board, and remember ShanieMedGuy and Dutch. Dutch wasn't nearly as offensive as I recall, but I could see where his style could tick some people off. I don't remember anything about DVSOne except his screen name. What was his gig? Anti-Ben? Anti-Parker? Anti-Cowher? Anti-Tomlin?

Seems from comments on this board after his return that, like Dutch at least, people respected his football knowledge.

Dutch was cool but YPA was all he talked about and his love of Ben bordered on Single White Female at times. His stats were annoying but he wasn't that bad.

DVS was anti-FWP... wanted to trade him before Mend showed anything and luckily we didn't because Mend got hurt. Mend lived up to DVS's billing but most wanted to see it on gameday before waving goodbye to FWP.

The "who is the real DVS" was annoying and kinda scary. People were calling employers and checking credit scores and fingerprints.. it wasn't healthy.

DVS or Dee Dub is a draft hound though and hits more than he misses.

Dee Dub is a terrible name.

Shawn
01-31-2010, 06:34 PM
I should write Dutch and make the terrible trio complete. :lol:

And San Antonio I love you too.

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 06:38 PM

you should...

give the mod's some work.

Dee Dub
01-31-2010, 06:42 PM
oh wow so the guy who told me that colt brennan was going to be a much better nfl qb than matt ryan is back huh. brilliant. please lay some more knowledge on me :lol:

..and this is one of the reasons I stopped posting on these boards. Guys constantly mis-quoting me or saying I said something that is as far from the truth as could be.

No...what I said was that I thought if given an opportunity and if he winds up in the right type of offense Colt Brennan had a chance to be a descent QB. And for a guy drafted in the 6th round I think him having made an NFL roster is pretty. good. And these same things I said about Chad Henne that same year.

How come you dont mention what I ahd said about Josh Freeman when he was a freshman at K-State? :wink:

Shawn
01-31-2010, 06:42 PM

Dutch was cool but YPA was all he talked about and his love of Ben bordered on Single White Female at times. His stats were annoying but he wasn't that bad.

DVS was anti-FWP... wanted to trade him before Mend showed anything and luckily we didn't because Mend got hurt. Mend lived up to DVS's billing but most wanted to see it on gameday before waving goodbye to FWP.

The "who is the real DVS" was annoying and kinda scary. People were calling employers and checking credit scores and fingerprints.. it wasn't healthy.

Dutch knows his stuff probably as well or better than any on any message boards I have ever posted on. He might not have had the skills to handle the jabs at times but eh I liked having him as a part of the community.

Dee Dub
01-31-2010, 06:52 PM
either way we have smg & sfl back together to antagonize the crap out of one another. Actually shawn is the reason I came back. We are allies now. I am the U.S. of A and he is is like Turkey. :lol:

Shawn
01-31-2010, 06:53 PM
either way we have smg & sfl back together to antagonize the crap out of one another. Actually shawn is the reason I came back. We are allies now. I am the U.S. of A and he is is like Turkey. :lol:

:moon

:lol:

fordfixer
01-31-2010, 06:54 PM
He is like Turkey? or like a Turkey?

Shawn
01-31-2010, 06:56 PM

you should...

Dutch never had a single issue on my message boards. There was zero drama...no name calling...just good old fashioned debate. Kinda refreshing to tell you the truth. I didn't have to lock a single thread or give any warnings.

Shawn
01-31-2010, 06:57 PM
He is like Turkey? or like a Turkey?

I think he meant both. :lol:

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 07:11 PM

Dutch knows his stuff probably as well or better than any on any message boards I have ever posted on. He might not have had the skills to handle the jabs at times but eh I liked having him as a part of the community.

I think someone posted an interview he did with Ben? You know that would come out the chamber a lot.

Shawn
01-31-2010, 07:35 PM

I think someone posted an interview he did with Ben? You know that would come out the chamber a lot.

I think he has interviewed Ben and Whisenhunt. The Ben interview was the best I have heard. But, I don't think you guys should be threatened by it.

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 07:53 PM
I don't think anyone would be threatened by the interview?

Threatened with the interview is my concern?? LOL!!!

Flasteel
01-31-2010, 07:53 PM

you should...

Dutch never had a single issue on my message boards. There was zero drama...no name calling...just good old fashioned debate. Kinda refreshing to tell you the truth. I didn't have to lock a single thread or give any warnings.

Are you kidding me? You're going to sit here and start glossing this guy over like he actually knew football or was somehow not the biggest douchebag to ever darken our doorstep? The complete extent of his knowledge was limited to statistical analysis related to gambling. He was condescending, immature, antagonizing, and deluded. I'm glad to hear how well he conducted himself in your little community Shawn, but it doesn't change who he is.

That said I think he would be an interesting addition to the Planet line-up for what promises to be an otherwise boring offseason. :tt2

Shawn
01-31-2010, 08:01 PM

you should...

Are you kidding me? You're going to sit here and start glossing this guy over like he actually knew football or was somehow not the biggest douchebag to ever darken our doorstep? The complete extent of his knowledge was limited to statistical analysis related to gambling. He was condescending, immature, antagonizing, and deluded. I'm glad to hear how well he conducted himself in your little community Shawn, but it doesn't change who he is.

That said I think he would be an interesting addition to the Planet line-up for what promises to be an otherwise boring offseason. :tt2

I have my opinion and you are entitled to yours. I do know alot of people displayed immature behavior, have antagonized and were condescending concerning Dutch. And he was no angel as well. But, I know he had no issues on my board. I won't debate who was more wrong but Dutch wasn't the only person who had stock in the drama. As for "glossing over" well I just call em how I see em. I know he got a lot of heat for his "little radio show"...he has proven alot of people wrong. I respect that. I think alot of people liked to disagree with him because they disliked him. You don't have to like someone to read their opinions and debate with some respect.

I think it would be a breath of fresh air to see him back if people kept the personal stuff out of it.

SteelBucks
01-31-2010, 08:08 PM

And there goes the neighborhood! :wink:

birtikidis
01-31-2010, 08:56 PM

you should...

Hear Hear!

birtikidis
01-31-2010, 08:59 PM
There are few posters that I honestly dislike.
so far, on planet steelers there haven't been any (at least after MSM left).
some, maybe most, don't get my humor and get offended by me (NKy comes to mind) but for the most part this board has been much better then the last.
I have to jab most of you guys though. that's just fun!
I do enjoy DVS college player break down, and liked his draft analysis... having said that, I have to ask (just for a the sheer enjoyment of it all), who would you trade our draft away for this year DVS?

Shawn
01-31-2010, 09:05 PM
some, maybe most, don't get my humor and get offended by me (NKy comes to mind) but for the most part this board has been much better then the last.
I do enjoy DVS college player break down, and liked his draft analysis... having said that, I have to ask (just for a the sheer enjoyment of it all), who would you trade our draft away for this year DVS?

I might consider trading our entire draft for Suh. :)

And I think a little jabbing makes it fun. I just hope if Dutch decides to come back we can keep things civil.

birtikidis
01-31-2010, 09:12 PM

And I think a little jabbing makes it fun. I just hope if Dutch decides to come back we can keep things civil.
Suh is intriguing but he kinda reminds me of courtney brown.... I don't really know why, he jsut does.

ANPSTEEL
01-31-2010, 09:23 PM

MSM does know his stuff, from an almost purely statistical stand point. That was always the thing that people got on him about. He would make comments based entirely upon the statistics - and frequently disregard the actual game situation.

Aside from that - he does add to the flavor.

There was a thread that MSM had an epic meltdown in- he put about a half dozen people on ignore in the span of 2 or 3 pages... which was quite possibly one funniest things I have read on a message board. Also, I always wondered if the various threatened law suits had anything to do with the trib board being shut down.

anyway- bring him back- the comedic value alone is worth it.

Chadman
01-31-2010, 09:33 PM
stat guru's and college football nuts have their place on a football board. even if that is all he brings to the table, it makes for interesting reading.

just leave out the rubbish, and nobody has any problems.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Can't quite figure out why people who have been banned for hurting the message board are slinking/sliding back in here. SeanMedGuy for one, and I don't need to say any more about that. Wasn't Dutch also banned for breaking the code of conduct too - personal insults/swearing, etc.? Everybody's got something good about them (Manson made great omelettes, it's been said), but is it worth the baggage that comes with them? What's the point of letting these people back? Have they changed? How can we know they won't mess things up again?

Different topic - I remember on the Trib board there was some heated discussion about whether someone was or was not an ex-pro football player. Was this the DVSOne saga? Wrong details?

costanza2k1
01-31-2010, 10:14 PM
Can't quite figure out why people who have been banned for hurting the message board are slinking/sliding back in here. SeanMedGuy for one, and I don't need to say any more about that. Wasn't Dutch also banned for breaking the code of conduct too - personal insults/swearing, etc.? Everybody's got something good about them (Manson made great omelettes, it's been said), but is it worth the baggage that comes with them? What's the point of letting these people back? Have they changed? How can we know they won't mess things up again?

Different topic - I remember on the Trib board there was some heated discussion about whether someone was or was not an ex-pro football player. Was this the DVSOne saga? Wrong details?

Who comes back after being banned is the admin's decision. It doesn't lie with the mods...so far the folks who've come back have been civil so no mod work was needed from us.

NJ-STEELER
01-31-2010, 11:27 PM

that would be the kiss of death if he came out and said that.

rolle and mike williams haven't really lit it up in the pros

Dee Dub
02-01-2010, 01:47 AM

Mike Williams didnt fail because of tallent and Antrel Rolle is an NFL Pro Bowler....and thats exactly what I said he would turn out to be when he was a Florida State. :wink:

NJ-STEELER
02-01-2010, 02:58 AM
a pro bowler at CB or FS

lol

i'm just messin with ya anyway

Shawn
02-01-2010, 11:12 AM

MSM does know his stuff, from an almost purely statistical stand point. That was always the thing that people got on him about. He would make comments based entirely upon the statistics - and frequently disregard the actual game situation.

Aside from that - he does add to the flavor.

There was a thread that MSM had an epic meltdown in- he put about a half dozen people on ignore in the span of 2 or 3 pages... which was quite possibly one funniest things I have read on a message board. Also, I always wondered if the various threatened law suits had anything to do with the trib board being shut down.

anyway- bring him back- the comedic value alone is worth it.

I doubt it...the Trib knew they had zero liability with what was written on their site. It's a protection extended to them by law and supported by recent judgements. I heard it was a financial issue.

RuthlessBurgher
02-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Manson made great omelettes, it's been said

That's pretty funny right there. Does he top them off with tabasco sauce in the shape of a swastika?

RuthlessBurgher
02-01-2010, 11:25 AM
[quote=birtikidis]There are few posters that I honestly dislike.

Mike Williams didnt fail because of tallent and Antrel Rolle is an NFL Pro Bowler....and thats exactly what I said he would turn out to be when he was a Florida State. :wink:[/quote:1yyiimee]

Antrel Rolle didn't go to Florida State. He went to Miami.

Samari Rolle and Myron Rolle went to Florida State.

ANPSTEEL
02-02-2010, 06:37 AM
[quote="Dee Dub":busng7zq]...cause I'm about to ruin the image and the style that ya use to.... :wink:

:lol:[/quote:busng7zq]

Not to point out the obvious here-

but sometimes things just go right on bye me...

I just figured out what the eff Dee Dub means -

niiice

Dee Dub, indeed.

frankthetank1
02-02-2010, 08:34 AM

..and this is one of the reasons I stopped posting on these boards. Guys constantly mis-quoting me or saying I said something that is as far from the truth as could be.

No...what I said was that I thought if given an opportunity and if he winds up in the right type of offense Colt Brennan had a chance to be a descent QB. And for a guy drafted in the 6th round I think him having made an NFL roster is pretty. good. And these same things I said about Chad Henne that same year.

How come you dont mention what I ahd said about Josh Freeman when he was a freshman at K-State? :wink:

oh please thats why you stop posting? are you really that sensitive? what do you care what other people think? especially people on a message board you dont even know? i remember what you said, you did think brennan the better qb than ryan but whatever. i could really care less. i never debated about freeman with you which is why i didnt bring it up. its not the worst thing in the world to be wrong every now and then. it is human you know.

steelblood
02-02-2010, 09:00 AM

oh please thats why you stop posting? are you really that sensitive? what do you care what other people think? especially people on a message board you dont even know? i remember what you said, you did think brennan the better qb than ryan but whatever. i could really care less. i never debated about freeman with you which is why i didnt bring it up. its not the worst thing in the world to be wrong every now and then. it is human you know.

I really enjoyed reading what SFL/DVSONE had to say. He had great knowledge of college football and pro. Sometimes I enjoyed smartmonies stuff (though I could do without all the gambling advice). I think the reason they both rubbed so many people the wrong way was that they both came off as superior and arrogant and yet were both very sensitive.

This combination lead to some nasty condescending exchanges between them and the cliques on the trib board (for SFL) and this board (for smartmonies). Smartmonies had it coming but there was a huge line to pile on when it came time to argue with him. Even after he was banned, there were entire threads here dedicated to bashing him. I wish we could just talk about football and leave the chest thumping, dead horse beating, personal vendettas, and egomaniacal agendas at the door.

SteelAbility
02-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Ok, SFL is back. Can we bring back kaopectate ... uh I mean ... he who shall not be named ... too?

frankthetank1
02-02-2010, 10:58 AM

I really enjoyed reading what SFL/DVSONE had to say. He had great knowledge of college football and pro. Sometimes I enjoyed smartmonies stuff (though I could do without all the gambling advice). I think the reason they both rubbed so many people the wrong way was that they both came off as superior and arrogant and yet were both very sensitive.

This combination lead to some nasty condescending exchanges from them and the cliques on the trib board (for SFL) and this board (for smartmonies). Smartmonies had it coming but there was a huge line to pile on when it came time to argue with him. Even after he was banned, there were entire threads here dedicated to bashing him. I wish we could just talk about football and leave the chest thumping, dead horse beating, personal vendettas, and egomaniacal agendas at the door.

i agree no one likes a know it all. its beyond me how personal people take other opinions on a message board. i guess some people like the drama for some unkown reason. i also wish we could just talk football and leave childish name calling out of it. whats the point really?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-03-2010, 12:39 AM
Manson made great omelettes, it's been said

That's pretty funny right there. Does he top them off with tabasco sauce in the shape of a swastika?

Dude, you read everything. Is that omniscient, or omnipresent? :Bow :Bow