PDA

View Full Version : OT: Another Bungle Arrested

Jooser
01-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Details:

Maualuga arrested for DUI

Posted by Mike Florio on January 29, 2010 8:01 AM ET

Just as the "day without an arrest" meter crept back into double digits, there's been another incident.

Bengals linebacker Rey Maualuga was arrested Friday morning for DUI and careless in Kentucky. (Thanks to Mo Egger of 1530 Homer for the head's up.)

It's unknown whether the field sobriety test included asking Maualuga to correctly spell his own name.

:bungalssuck (sorry Jom)

MeetJoeGreene
01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
They gave him an alternate sobriety test.. they asked him to do that move like he did behind Erin Andrews in the Rose Bowl.

D Rock
01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
When you're as rich as pro athletes are, how does any option besides a cab, limo, or personal driver even seem like a slightly good idea?

Ghost
01-29-2010, 10:38 AM
When you're as rich as pro athletes are, how does any option besides a cab, limo, or personal driver even seem like a slightly good idea?

My buddies and I have this exact discussion all the time. How is it we somehow find a way to call a cab when we know we're getting lit up but millionaires who know there names will be in the national news don't have the good sense to have a driver?

steelblood
01-29-2010, 11:23 AM
This is why he slipped in the draft. He proved he was a very good linebacker this season. Unfortunately, he has now proven that the concerns about his character were justified. Hopefully, it is an isolated incident. But, I doubt it.

Jom112
01-29-2010, 11:27 AM
He seems like a good guy just very immature with his drinking...

Jom112
01-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, he's an idiot. Still like the guy a lot, but he really needs to get control of his drinking...

After being charged with drunken driving and careless driving early Friday morning by Covington, Ky., police, Bengals rookie middle linebacker Rey Maualuga could face an NFL fine of as much as $50,000.

An NFL spokesman said Friday that according to the league’s substance abuse program a first offense for an alcohol-related violation, absent aggravating circumstances, is generally a fine of two game checks up to a maximum of $50,000.

The Cincinnati Enquirer’s web site reported that police say Maualuga was the driver of a car that hit two vehicles and a parking meter about 1:45 a.m.

Under the NFL’s conduct policy, a first offense doesn’t usually result in a suspension. Maualuga, a second-round pick from USC who started all but the regular-season finale at SAM linebacker, is rehabbing the ankle he broke in the Dec. 27 win over Kansas City. He had 80 tackles, fifth on the team, and led the Bengals with three forced fumbles.

cruzer8
01-29-2010, 12:56 PM
A Bengals player being arrested is one of the first signs of Spring!

RuthlessBurgher
01-29-2010, 01:05 PM
He seems like a good guy just very immature with his drinking...

He's immature with more than just his drinking...

http://sports.rightpundits.com/wp-content/photos/Rey_Maualuga_Erin_Andrews__1.jpg

:Boobs :P

Jooser
01-29-2010, 01:09 PM
http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p262/jooser73/amazed.gif zoinks!

steelblood
01-29-2010, 01:25 PM
There is no excuse for driving drunk. Everyone knows the consequences. Especially after Dante Stallworth, NFL players should realize. I hope he loses his license and goes to jail for 30 days.

feltdizz
01-29-2010, 02:17 PM
The real story is the car....

He was driving a 2003 Pontiac!

Is he too frugal to pay for a cab?

RuthlessBurgher
01-29-2010, 03:14 PM

That is pretty funny. I drive a better car than that! Woo hoo!

Last week, I traded in my 2001 Subaru Outback with 165,000 miles to get a 2004 Volvo XC90 with 75,000 miles. It's safe, kid-friendly, and a heck of a lot cooler than an '03 Pontiac. :lol:

devilsdancefloor
01-29-2010, 03:23 PM

maybe the 2003 car is a get drunk run into crap car to him?

hawaiiansteel
01-29-2010, 03:31 PM

you make a very good point here, perhaps Maualuga is smarter than we're giving him credit for...if you're going to run into two cars and a parking meter you don't want to do that in a nice car! they obviously teach their athletes well at USC.

SteelHead
01-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Let's hope Rey's problem doesn't escalate to DWS.

http://imgsrv.wgr550.com/image/wgr/UserFiles/Image/maualuga.jpg

Drinking While Slaying.

feltdizz
01-29-2010, 06:24 PM

you make a very good point here, perhaps Maualuga is smarter than we're giving him credit for...if you're going to run into two cars and a parking meter you don't want to do that in a nice car! they obviously teach their athletes well at USC.

Troy drove a pice of junk after signing with us.. I think Samoan's are frugal.

I bet it's his bumper car.

feltdizz
01-29-2010, 06:26 PM

Last week, I traded in my 2001 Subaru Outback with 165,000 miles to get a 2004 Volvo XC90 with 75,000 miles. It's safe, kid-friendly, and a heck of a lot cooler than an '03 Pontiac. :lol:

Wow.. I know Subaru's are good cars but 165,000 miles???

papillon
01-30-2010, 12:13 AM

My buddies and I have this exact discussion all the time. How is it we somehow find a way to call a cab when we know we're getting lit up but millionaires who know there names will be in the national news don't have the good sense to have a driver?

Because they aren't Rhodes Scholars (except for that cat from FSU).

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
01-30-2010, 11:37 AM

Wow.. I know Subaru's are good cars but 165,000 miles???

Yeah, when I traded it in, I looked back on the papers when I bought it, and it only had 25,000 miles then. Hard to believe that I put 140,000 miles on the thing myself. But it was still in pretty decent shape, though. Unlike Willie Parker, you can run a Subaru or a Toyota or a Honda until the wheels fall off. This is my first time going Swedish, although my in-laws used to have an old Volvo that they ran forever. Now I have to install my Sirius radio in the new one (it's amazing how hooked you get to satellite radio when you have to listen to crappy local channels for a few days), and I hope the GPS I bought on Amazon comes in this week so I can install that too.

stlrz d
01-30-2010, 11:52 AM
165k miles isn't much for vehicles these days.

I just upgraded vehicles too RB. I went from a 95 Honda Passport to a 2001 Ford Ranger. I always wanted one of those 4x4, flare side pick-ups and now I have one...just wish I could have found one in black. :(

Mine is dark green...and sits up higher than this one...but you get the idea.

http://showroom.worlddealer.net/Vehicles/0031-0004-999-01-8009682253/1FTZR15U31TA15588/full/1FTZR15U31TA15588_19.jpg

(should this be merged with the "the offseason sucks" thread?) :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
01-30-2010, 12:03 PM
No way...the offseason sucks thread has been hijacked my mini-marathon talk. We can't bring our cars over there. Too many runners would be run over. :lol:

I went from this:

http://images.cars.com/main/DMI/194717/5226.jpg

To this:

http://images.automotive.com/stock/300/VOLVO/XC90/2004/5OD.JPG

Djfan
01-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Still driving the Astro Van. Believe it or not, I love them. It's my third one, and they just last.

Young kids, DJ buisness, hunting/fishing/camping a lot means you need a van.

fordfixer
01-30-2010, 05:59 PM
Just got rid of my 1997 ford expedition 248,000 miles

NKySteeler
01-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Suprisingly, there has been a lack of substance and all comment... Here's some more details....

January 29, 2010
Cincinnati Bengals linebacker Maualuga charged with DUI
By Jennifer Baker and Brenna Kelly
jbaker@enquirer.com | bkelly@enquirer.com

Cincinnati Bengals rookie linebacker Rey Maualuga was arrested early Friday in Covington on charges of drunken driving and careless driving after he allegedly struck two parked cars and a parking meter.

Maualuga, 23, of Cincinnati appeared in Kenton County District Court via a video link from the jail. He pleaded not guilty and was released from jail on his promise to return for future appearances.

Maualuga was arrested at 1:45 a.m. Friday after officers responded to 634 Scott Street for a report of a traffic accident, according to Covington Assistant Police Chief Spike Jones.

Police determined that Maualuga was the driver of a 2003 Pontiac Sunfire with Ohio plates that struck two parked vehicles and a parking meter, Jones said. Two female passengers who were with Maualuga were released without being charged.

Maualuga smelled of "intoxicants" and told the officer that he had "about six Captain and Coke drinks," the report states. The officer gave Maualuga field sobriety tests, which he failed, the report states.

"Subject had slurred speech, blood shot, watery eyes and he was unsteady on his feet," the officer wrote.

Maualuga had a blood-alcohol level of .157, according to a Covington Police report. The legal limit is .08.

Maualuga is scheduled to appear in court Feb. 25 for a pre-trial conference. Court records do not list an attorney.

A Bengals spokesman declined comment. Spokesman Jack Brennan says the club believed it's not appropriate to comment on cases that are unresolved.

Maualuga, a rookie from the University of Southern California, was one of the team's starting players until he fractured his ankle Dec. 27 against the Kansas City Chiefs. He expected to be ready for the team's offseason conditioning program in March.

NKySteeler
01-30-2010, 06:52 PM
For whatever reason, I can't scroll-down in the reply box without it screwing-up, so it's "multiple post" time...

Here's his mug shot....

http://i50.tinypic.com/wj7zid.jpg

NKySteeler
01-30-2010, 06:55 PM
The "two females" in his car were 17-yrs old and 18-yrs old respectively... Here's their photos.... Please tell me WTF a pro football player like him is doing with these two girls (not women) at 1:45am on a Thursday?....

... Yea, I "know" what he was doing, but you get my point.....

http://i48.tinypic.com/qrapfr.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/169i7n8.jpg

NKySteeler
01-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Maualuga looking at NFL fine
GEOFF HOBSON
Posted Jan 29, 2010

After being charged with drunken driving and careless driving early Friday morning by Covington, Ky., police, Bengals rookie middle linebacker Rey Maualuga could face an NFL fine of as much as $50,000.

An NFL spokesman said Friday that according to the league’s substance abuse program a first offense for an alcohol-related violation, absent aggravating circumstances, is generally a fine of two game checks up to a maximum of $50,000.

The Cincinnati Enquirer’s web site reported that police say Maualuga was the driver of a car that hit two vehicles and a parking meter about 1:45 a.m.

Under the NFL’s conduct policy, a first offense doesn’t usually result in a suspension. Maualuga, a second-round pick from USC who started all but the regular-season finale at SAM linebacker, is rehabbing the ankle he broke in the Dec. 27 win over Kansas City. He had 80 tackles, fifth on the team, and led the Bengals with three forced fumbles.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...9-a4f80626b949

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2010, 03:19 PM

An interesting math problem would be to figure out, on the basis of the Expedition's crappy gas mileage, how much was spent in gas money to drive that sucker nearly a quarter of a million miles. We'd have to figure out the average price of gas in the 13 years that puppy has been on the road, but I'm sure it could be done... :lol:

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
The "two females" in his car were 17-yrs old and 18-yrs old respectively... Here's their photos.... Please tell me WTF a pro football player like him is doing with these two girls (not women) at 1:45am on a Thursday?....

... Yea, I "know" what he was doing, but you get my point.....

http://i48.tinypic.com/qrapfr.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/169i7n8.jpg
Maybe the fairy chick was driving with her feet. Those things are shaking hands.

No disrespect but it's like the ghost of "Henry Past" is still in Cincy.

At least Rey waited until after Lewis got the coach of the year award.

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
165k miles isn't much for vehicles these days.

I just upgraded vehicles too RB. I went from a 95 Honda Passport to a 2001 Ford Ranger. I always wanted one of those 4x4, flare side pick-ups and now I have one...just wish I could have found one in black. :(

Mine is dark green...and sits up higher than this one...but you get the idea.

http://showroom.worlddealer.net/Vehicles/0031-0004-999-01-8009682253/1FTZR15U31TA15588/full/1FTZR15U31TA15588_19.jpg

(should this be merged with the "the offseason sucks" thread?) :lol:

I know it's a Subaru but unless it's cash for clunkers it's hard to fathom trading a car in with 165k.

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2010, 04:07 PM
I know it's a Subaru but unless it's cash for clunkers it's hard to fathom trading a car in with 165k.

Got a little over three grand for the ol' Outback, though...and the Volvo was a bit under $15K. I was happy with the deal overall. My wife wanted something with third row seating again after trading in her Honda Odyssey minivan for a Honda CR-V a little while ago because of the AWD factor (the incline of our driveway is difficult to ascend without AWD if there is any snow or ice, and the AWD is just safer for the kids in these NEPA winters). Now I drive the XC90 and she drives the CR-V.

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 06:05 PM

Got a little over three grand for the ol' Outback, though...and the Volvo was a bit under $15K. I was happy with the deal overall. My wife wanted something with third row seating again after trading in her Honda Odyssey minivan for a Honda CR-V a little while ago because of the AWD factor (the incline of our driveway is difficult to ascend without AWD if there is any snow or ice, and the AWD is just safer for the kids in these NEPA winters). Now I drive the XC90 and she drives the CR-V.

good deal.. you can't go wrong with a Volvo.. a little expensive to fix but they run forever.

fordfixer
01-31-2010, 06:09 PM

An interesting math problem would be to figure out, on the basis of the Expedition's crappy gas mileage, how much was spent in gas money to drive that sucker nearly a quarter of a million miles. We'd have to figure out the average price of gas in the 13 years that puppy has been on the road, but I'm sure it could be done... :lol:

That's why I just got rid of it :lol:

feltdizz
01-31-2010, 06:17 PM

hence the name? :D

fordfixer
01-31-2010, 06:20 PM

hence the name? :D

Ha ha
No it ran great when I got rid of it and really never had any big problems with it