PDA

View Full Version : Man, the off season sucks!!! ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-28-2010, 11:47 PM
... Can I be the 1st one to say that this year, is it too early? :Beer

hawaiiansteel
01-29-2010, 12:56 AM
fortunately, i found the solution for the off-season many years ago...how ever many beers you drink during the season, just double it... :Cheers

Steelgal
01-29-2010, 09:41 AM
I agree. I watched the Road to Superbowl 43 earlier this week because I'm sick of the Peyton Manning lovefest....... The only thing that helps is I just started training to do a mini marathon in May, so running 5 days a week has taken up a lot of my time.

SteelAbility
01-29-2010, 01:07 PM
fortunately, i found the solution for the off-season many years ago...how ever many beers you drink during the season, just double it... :Cheers

... or quadruple ... :Cheers :Cheers :mrgreen:

SteelAbility
01-29-2010, 01:09 PM
On the upside, this is the perfect opportunity to start living again. :moon

hawaiiansteel
01-29-2010, 03:56 PM
I agree. I watched the Road to Superbowl 43 earlier this week because I'm sick of the Peyton Manning lovefest....... The only thing that helps is I just started training to do a mini marathon in May, so running 5 days a week has taken up a lot of my time.

I know a full marathon is 26 miles (I've gone to cheer on my friends many times at the Honolulu Marathon), but how many miles do you run in a mini-marathon?

Steelgal
01-29-2010, 07:58 PM

I know a full marathon is 26 miles (I've gone to cheer on my friends many times at the Honolulu Marathon), but how many miles do you run in a mini-marathon?

It's 1/2 a regular marathon, so 13.1 miles.

SteelerNation1
01-29-2010, 09:28 PM

It's 1/2 a regular marathon, so 13.1 miles.
Ran my 1st 1/2 marathon last Sept. Good luck!

hawaiiansteel
01-29-2010, 11:18 PM
Thanks, 13.1 miles sounds like a lot more reasonable of a running distance to an ex-soccer player like me (interval running is a soccer player's most effective training method, although long-distance running does build a good cardio-vascular base).

RuthlessBurgher
01-30-2010, 11:26 AM
You'd think that they'd just call it a "half marathon" then. Calling it a "mini marathon" sounds like the race itself is the same length, but you have to be under 5' tall to qualify.

http://trustedadvisor.com/public/image/minime.jpg

:P

Steelgal
01-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Half marathon would make more sense. Maybe it's just the idiots here in Indiana, lol!!!

I ran/walked one last year. the goal this year it to run the whole thing. Maybe I should say 'jog' the whole thing since my pace sucks at the moment.....

JTP53609
01-30-2010, 08:36 PM
im running the pittsburgh marathon on may 2nd...look for the first person to cross the finish line and that is me............

well maybe not the first but maybe the third or fourth

RuthlessBurgher
01-31-2010, 03:27 PM
im running the pittsburgh marathon on may 2nd...look for the first person to cross the finish line and that is me............

No way...you say you are from Annapolis, not Kenya. :wink:

birtikidis
01-31-2010, 03:44 PM

No way...you say you are from Annapolis, not Kenya. :wink:
maybe he means he'll be the first to cross the finish line the day AFTER it's over?
or are you one of those guys that drive it on the scooter with the gatorade?

Steelgal
01-31-2010, 06:14 PM

A full marathon?? Wow, have NO desire to train that hard.

JTP53609
02-01-2010, 01:15 PM

A full marathon?? Wow, have NO desire to train that hard.

haha. yea ive always been more of a few miles after lifting, but my wife runs them and I want to beat her, so thats what im striding for....i actually have enjoyed the training, run 2 hours saturday morning and get about 20 some miles in during the week.....i think this will be my one and only

SanAntonioSteelerFan
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
^^ I did my one and only 2 years ago. My back seized up at mile 17, and I was like the Hunchback of Notre Dame crossing the finish line. I had a temp of 104.9 in the med tent, probably (I'm guessing) because my mechanics for the last 8 miles or so were so inefficient, generated more heat than power.

After that I decided to stop all exercise, and just drink heavily! :Cheers

JTP53609
02-02-2010, 09:49 AM
^^ I did my one and only 2 years ago. My back seized up at mile 17, and I was like the Hunchback of Notre Dame crossing the finish line. I had a temp of 104.9 in the med tent, probably (I'm guessing) because my mechanics for the last 8 miles or so were so inefficient, generated more heat than power.

After that I decided to stop all exercise, and just drink heavily! :Cheers

haha, see that is what im scared of, i have run 15 miles in my training so far, and with that I have not been hurt at all, I am working my way to 26.2, but I hope i dont hit a wall or have any problems because running 8 miles in pain would be horrible, way to hang it tought though.....3 months away.