PDA

View Full Version : Just heard Dan Rooney

steelerkeylargo
01-27-2010, 03:25 PM
I believe he is Art's kid, he is the Steelers director of Southeast Scouting. He was just on a local Sports talk radio show live from the Senior Bowl. Rooney mentioned two names Vlad Ducasse-OT-Umass and Sean Weatherspoon-LB-Missouri as guys who really impressed him. Said Weatherspoon is a "leader of the Defense" type of player. Mentioned that we are getting "long in the tooth" at ILB. Also mentioned he wants 6 more SB rings before he hangs em up!!!! :tt2

Oviedo
01-27-2010, 05:37 PM
I believe he is Art's kid, he is the Steelers director of Southeast Scouting. He was just on a local Sports talk radio show live from the Senior Bowl. Rooney mentioned two names Vlad Ducasse-OT-Umass and Sean Weatherspoon-LB-Missouri as guys who really impressed him. Said Weatherspoon is a "leader of the Defense" type of player. Mentioned that we are getting "long in the tooth" at ILB. Also mentioned he wants 6 more SB rings before he hangs em up!!!! :tt2

Ducasse is really a raw player. You wouldn't be able to count on him as a quality starter for about 2 years. Think Kemo when he got here.

steelerkeylargo
01-27-2010, 05:54 PM

Ducasse is really a raw player. You wouldn't be able to count on him as a quality starter for about 2 years. Think Kemo when he got here.

While I agree he is raw I dont think he compares to Kemo at all. I think his condioning is far superior and he is a better overall athalete. A player who could eventually play OT.

hawaiiansteel
01-27-2010, 06:04 PM

This is the second time I've heard the Steelers like Sean Weatherspoon.

POSTED BY: SCOUT SENIOR BOWL TEAM
AT 01/26/2010 11:18 AM ET

Linebackers and Running Backs Go At It

A fun drill to watch as there's spirited competition between linebackers and running backs doing one-on-on drills, with linebackers attempting to get to the QB. Weatherspoon is again the clear vocal leader and his power and finesse dominates in two reps against Division 2 running back Joique Bell (Wayne State).

MaxAMillion
01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Hawaiiansteel is correct...Weatherspoon needs to be watched. Apparently the Steelers like him a lot.

NW Steeler
01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
I'd be willing to bet that they will pick either Iupati or Bugala in the first unless Thomas is still there. If it is Thomas, maybe it comes down to Weatherspoon or Pouncey in the second? If those players are all off the board at their pick, who the hell knows. Then again, I am just talking out of my @ss like a lot of people here. No offense.

:lol:

ramblinjim
01-28-2010, 10:29 AM
If we draft an OLineman named Vlad, I hope he is one mean SOB and we can refer to him as "the impaler" in the future. :twisted:

steelblood
01-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Weatherspoon played LB behind Hood at Missouri, so I'm sure the Steelers put him on their radar when they watched tape of him from last season. He is a good athlete and tackler. He has real trouble shedding blocks though. I thought he had a real poor game against Navy in their bowl game. Navy's linemen are not that great and he couldn't disengage from them. I really am concerned about how he'll get off of NFL caliber linemen.

He does have potential though.