PDA

View Full Version : Another CB Option through Free Agency

Oviedo
01-25-2010, 08:40 AM
We have mentioned Leigh Bodden, but I noticed in the Jets-Colts game that Lito Sheppard wasn't playing and they had a rookie in there. I just assumed he was hurt. This morning on Mike and Mike the topic came up and apparently he wasn't hurt and just wasn't put into the game and was none too happy. This ooff season he is due like a $10M bonus or something so he will rpobably be let go.

Is Lito Sheppard worth a look at CB opposite Ike?

phillyesq
01-25-2010, 10:32 AM
We have mentioned Leigh Bodden, but I noticed in the Jets-Colts game that Lito Sheppard wasn't playing and they had a rookie in there. I just assumed he was hurt. This morning on Mike and Mike the topic came up and apparently he wasn't hurt and just wasn't put into the game and was none too happy. This ooff season he is due like a $10M bonus or something so he will rpobably be let go.

In his prime, Sheppard was never a great cover guy. He would make a lot of splash plays, but he would also get beat deep. When those guys decline, as Sheppard has, it can get ugly. I also remember him being a malcontent in his later years with the eagles, and it sounds like he is doing the same thing with the Jets now. I think I'd pass on Lito.

SteelBucks
01-25-2010, 10:54 AM

Sheppard wasn't playing because he got abused by Manning in the regular season. At one time, he was a good corner. But now he's an older version of William Gay.

I'll pass.

SidSmythe
01-26-2010, 09:09 PM
All I know is Sheppard wasn't starting . . . .
...and when Strickland got hurt, Manning exploited Sheppard.

He doesn't start and we saw why. Can you say older version of Willie Gay

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-27-2010, 09:13 AM

Sheppard wasn't playing because he got abused by Manning in the regular season. At one time, he was a good corner. But now he's an older version of William Gay.

I'll pass.

Ouch.