PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Cromartie on the block

steelerkeylargo
01-22-2010, 11:33 PM
acording to Sportingnews.com the Chargers may trade Cromartie to free up some Cap Room. I would trade our first and third for him in a heartbeat!!!!

Lebsteel
01-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Cromartie is good, but I don't think I'd trade our first and third round picks for him. He had one very good year out of his first four. He's only had 5 interceptions in the last two years after getting 10 in 2007. Now, if Revis or Asomugha were offered, a first and third would be a great deal.

Shawn
01-23-2010, 12:09 AM
If I knew we could sign Hampton and Clark I would consider it. He would solidify our secondary. But, we have so many holes if we can't sign Hampton and Clark.

steelblood
01-23-2010, 09:51 AM
1st.

cap space? what cap are they talking about?

2nd.

How long is he under contract for and at what price?

3rd.

Is he willing to tackle if he comes here?

4th.

No way in H%$l is he worth a first and a third. I bet he'll go for a second at best.

BradshawsHairdresser
01-23-2010, 11:13 AM
I would trade a second, in a second, for Cromartie.

phillyesq
01-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I would trade a second, in a second, for Cromartie.

:Agree

A first and third is a bit steep, but I'd give up a second without hesitation for him, unless his contract or demands are completely insane.

PSU_dropout43
01-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Cromartie pulls a Deion Sanders...

http://thebiglead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/5kkln4.gif

calmkiller
01-23-2010, 02:31 PM
I'd give up a second for him.

Lebsteel
01-23-2010, 02:48 PM

Wow, that was ridiculous. Looked like he was afraid to hit the RB. I wouldn't want that kind of effort on our team.

sd steel
01-23-2010, 03:07 PM

Wow, that was ridiculous. Looked like he was afraid to hit the RB. I wouldn't want that kind of effort on our team.

Why do you think they are dumping his butt? He had three times in the Jets game alone where this happened. He doesn't tackle. 1st and a 3rd???? They are going to have trouble giving him away.

hawaiiansteel
01-23-2010, 03:29 PM

that kind of effort is truly pathetic, now I understand why the Chargers are willing to let him go. I would not even offer a 7th round draft choice for Cromartie after seeing this.

steelerkeylargo
01-23-2010, 04:11 PM
15 picks in 3 seasons.....all of our corners combined dont have that many

BradshawsHairdresser
01-23-2010, 06:13 PM
15 picks in 3 seasons.....all of our corners combined dont have that many

All of our corners in their whole CAREERS COMBINED don't have that many....

Check that--someone just pointed out to me that Deshea Townsend has 21 career interceptions. Sorry.

BigLebowski
01-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Corners have to tackle in LeBeau's system. As the video shows, he does not support the run at all.

I would not offer a first day draft pick for him.

steelerkeylargo
01-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Corners have to tackle in LeBeau's system. As the video shows, he does not support the run at all.

I am not saying the guy is Rod Woodson but one play does not some up a player.

Shoe
01-23-2010, 06:28 PM
That was really bad... especially bad considering it's playoff time (not to excuse that effort in any way). Makes you especially think he has no clue as to what it means to be in the playoffs. He is a fantastic athlete though (I always wondered why he never played WR... I guess his hands aren't WR caliber).

I never thought of him as a Steeler type of player, so I'm not interested. And especially after that video.

BigLebowski
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM

I am not saying the guy is Rod Woodson but one play does not some up a player.

I agree one play does not some up a player's career, but when it is the NFL playoffs I would expect him to put his nose in there and at least try to tackle. Especially if you are willing to trade a 1st and 3rd in a heartbeat.
:stirpot

steelernation77
01-23-2010, 07:18 PM
First and third? I think you don't really understand this guy's value.

Mel Blount's G
01-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Guy must be living off of his rookie year highlight reel plays, and there were some damn good ones, 'cause he's been pretty unreliable since then

Funny, Cromartie was pimped by steelers' draft gurus back then and so was Antoine Cason in a later draft, also a first round charger cb, who I believe was demoted from their nickel back in october. Chargers have 3 first round corners that they drafted themselves and their defense is still terrible (jammer, cromartie and cason)

I'm sure hesitant to draft a CB in the first round as that seems to be a position of risk for first rounders. Maybe it's the prima donna wide receiver attitude many of them have? But I'm very hesitant to draft a cb in the first round unless he is ranked far and away the very best at the position.

steelerkeylargo
01-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Athletically, this guy is a straight freak. His athleticism is one of the best in the game today. He can jump to the moon and extend even further.

Cromartie has play maker written all over him, and has proven so on numerous occasions.

Cromartie's awareness and football knowledge is a weakness, but it continues to improve each season.

Cromartie is a threat to change a game every time he's on the field. Cromartie is never looking for the knock out blow (like Jammer), but he usually does a good job of wrapping up and making plays on the run.

His size also gives him an advantage when covering most receivers

steelerkeylargo
01-23-2010, 11:38 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article ... ing-better (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-05-26/cornerback-rankings-asomugha-best-and-still-getting-better)

Mel Blount's G
01-24-2010, 01:39 AM
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-05-26/cornerback-rankings-asomugha-best-and-still-getting-better
He has MEangelo Hall ranked at 8, Leigh Bodden at 15 and Mcfadden at 17 :? ?!?!. Revis is down at 6. I'll cut him some slack as he did this ranking before this season but still... And Trufant at 11?....I know he;s been thought of as a skilled cb but he as been absolutely scorched on a regular basis (I lived in the NW for 3 years and would get seahag games whne he came into the league).

stlrz d
01-24-2010, 10:19 AM
No thanks.

BURGH86STEEL
01-24-2010, 11:21 AM
No thanks.

I agree. He is not worth the money his agent thinks he deserves.

Slapstick
01-24-2010, 12:39 PM
If he's not going to support the run, then I'm not certain that I have any use for him...

He can have all the talent in the world (and he just might) but if the Steelers are going to give up draft picks and pay a huge contract, the guy better go balls out every single play...

BradshawsHairdresser
01-24-2010, 07:51 PM
If you could get him for a second-rounder and a not-too-outrageous price, I'd pull the trigger. Have Hines and Harrison school him about aggression and hitting.

Shoe
01-24-2010, 10:02 PM
If he's not going to support the run, then I'm not certain that I have any use for him...

He can have all the talent in the world (and he just might) but if the Steelers are going to give up draft picks and pay a huge contract, the guy better go balls out every single play...

Plus, he's not that great. Brandon Marshall wiped his a$s with Cromartie quite badly.

pfelix73
01-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Check out that zone blocking by AF and the interior line.
:tt1

steelerkeylargo
01-25-2010, 05:15 PM
James Walker (ESPN)
Cro could be difference-maker

"It would probably require the right draft pick (or picks) for the Browns, Ravens or Steelers to lure Cromartie from San Diego. It's too early at this point to know for sure if AFC North teams are interested. But Cromartie would provide an instant upgrade as a starting cornerback on any of these three aforementioned teams."

cruzer8
01-25-2010, 05:56 PM
James Walker (ESPN)

"It would probably require the right draft pick (or picks) for the Browns, Ravens or Steelers to lure Cromartie from San Diego. It's too early at this point to know for sure if AFC North teams are interested. But Cromartie would provide an instant upgrade as a starting cornerback on any of these three aforementioned teams."

Unless they're hoping he'll provide run support as well.

feltdizz
01-25-2010, 07:23 PM
James Walker (ESPN)

That play was terrible but I'm no fool.

I would take a great cover corner over a great tackling corner in a heartbeat. However, this guy is not a great cover corner anymore but he is better then Gay. I would take him if he came cheap though... look at what we have right now and Troy made them look legit in 2008.

Ike, Troy, Cromartie and Clark.. step back for a minute and think about this.:.

Honestly, I would do it... Troy makes everyone better.