PDA

View Full Version : Ben to skip Pro Bowl

PSU_dropout43
01-20-2010, 06:15 PM
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Ben Roethlisberger declined an invitation this week to play in the Pro Bowl because of a right shoulder injury.

Tom Brady backed out of his spot on the AFC roster for the Pro Bowl, which will be held Jan. 31 in Miami, because of various minor injuries.

As the first alternate, Roethlisberger was offered Brady's spot on the roster. However, the Steelers quarterback declined, a club spokesman said, because doctors advised him to get his shoulder "100 percent."

Roethlisberger did not miss a practice this season, although he missed one game after complaining of headaches the week after he sustained a concussion in Kansas City Nov. 22.

The quarterback seemed to favor his right shoulder during the team's season-ending game at Miami Jan. 3, holding his arm down to the side. Backup Dennis Dixon warmed up during the game, but Roethlisberger never left the contest.

Roethlisberger declined to talk about any physical problem after the game.

Mike Tomlin was asked two days later at his press conference if there was anything seriously wrong with his quarterback's arm.

"No, I don't think that it is, but I don't have specific, detailed information regarding it," Tomlin said. "But I don't think it's anything that's going to require a medical procedure of any kind."

Roethlisberger spent some time at the team's facility on the South Side Monday. This would have been his second Pro Bowl; he made it after the 2007 season. Houston's Matt Schaub was added to the AFC roster to replace Brady.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10020/10 ... z0dC3QjqRe (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10020/1029731-100.stm#ixzz0dC3QjqRe)

ghettoscott
01-20-2010, 09:28 PM
good for Ben. Eff you pro bowl voters.....

feltdizz
01-20-2010, 10:45 PM
It's in Miami... We just played in Miami. Ben wants to party.

BATMAN
01-21-2010, 12:53 AM
I bet the Hawain sun would have made Ben forget about that shoulder.

Ghost
01-21-2010, 02:00 PM
I don't really understand why any player risks injury for the pro bowl. I'd much rather have Ben decline and not take the additional hits.

feltdizz
01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
I don't really understand why any player risks injury for the pro bowl. I'd much rather have Ben decline and not take the additional hits.

Unless Pete Rose or Kill Switch make the pro bowl I don't think you have to worry about any injuries...

it's a glorified scrimmage with ugly uniforms...

SteelAbility
01-21-2010, 03:06 PM

The Pro Bowl has become one those player quandaries. Everyone wants to get voted in but no one actually wants to play in it.

cruzer8
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Anyone who saw the Dolphins game knows that it was clear that Ben was injured.

To suggest otherwise is foolish.

RuthlessBurgher
01-21-2010, 07:38 PM

The Pro Bowl has become one those player quandaries. Everyone wants to get voted in but no one actually wants to play in it.

I suggested a year or two ago that they should just throw a party with all the guys voted to the Pro Bowl in South Beach at the same time, and they should play the game on Madden with some souped up video game system that had the capability of utilizing 22 controllers in which each player plays himself on the video game, so no one gets injured in this meaningless exhibition. You could raise money at this event during Super Bowl week and donate it to charity.

stlrz d
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM

No doubt. There were some obvious passing downs after the injury occurred...and we ran the ball. Ben was definitely hurting.

hawaiiansteel
01-21-2010, 09:12 PM
I suggested a year or two ago that they should just throw a party with all the guys voted to the Pro Bowl in South Beach

I could not disagree with you more. The party should definitely be on Waikiki Beach :lol:

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2010, 09:49 AM
I suggested a year or two ago that they should just throw a party with all the guys voted to the Pro Bowl in South Beach

I could not disagree with you more. The party should definitely be on Waikiki Beach :lol:

Only if I'm invited. I could crash on your couch, right? :wink:

Jooser
01-22-2010, 10:01 AM

No doubt. There were some obvious passing downs after the injury occurred...and we ran the ball. Ben was definitely hurting.

Ah!, he's just a drama queen, remember? LMAO! :D

RuthlessBurgher
01-22-2010, 10:16 AM
They should replace Ben on the Pro Bowl roster with Brady Quinn. Ben cannot play because his entire throwing arm went limp during that Miami game. Brady should be able to play because it is only his wrist that is limp. :wink:

Iron Shiek
01-22-2010, 10:43 AM
Remarkably Vince Young has been added to the probowl roster. :lol:

Who saw THAT coming before the season?

Mel Blount's G
01-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Blow Bowl = :lol: and :roll: which, I guess, makes me a :Hater