PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre technical issue - I'm perplexed!

stlrz d
01-19-2010, 01:03 AM
I am currently experiencing the most bizarre technical issue...or annoyance, really...and I know it's probably a longshot, but maybe someone has heard of this before and knows how to fix it?

My left and right parenthesis will not appear when typed on a forum. Not just this forum, but any forum I post on.

They work fine in emails. Work fine in text documents. Won't work on forums. When I hold down "shift" and hit the "9" key nothing happens. Same for "shift" and "0". I simply can not figure it out...anyone heard of such a bizarre thing?????

:?: :? :?:

fordfixer
01-19-2010, 02:20 AM
(no)

Jooser
01-19-2010, 01:15 PM
(no)

dayum! :D

Nope, I've never seen such a thing d.

Jom112
01-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Never heard of anything like that. Have you tired using a different browser to see if it's browser setting related?

stlrz d
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Never heard of anything like that. Have you tired using a different browser to see if it's browser setting related?

I did before and it didn't matter...so I just tried it again and the issue seems to be with Firefox...now for how to fix it.... :(

Djfan
01-20-2010, 08:16 PM

I did before and it didn't matter...so I just tried it again and the issue seems to be with Firefox...now for how to fix it.... :(

Delete FF and reinstall?

fordfixer
01-20-2010, 10:15 PM
D

I'm using Fire Fox

stlrz d
01-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Delete FF and reinstall?

Tried that. No luck.

I've run every type of anti-virus, spyware and malware software that I have too, and nothing is turning up.

Ford - I guess I should have specified...Firefox issue on my laptop.

I posted the issue on a Firefox support forum but there has been no response. :(

Jom112
01-21-2010, 12:08 PM
[quote=Jom112]Never heard of anything like that. Have you tired using a different browser to see if it's browser setting related?

Delete FF and reinstall?

Tried that. No luck.

I've run every type of anti-virus, spyware and malware software that I have too, and nothing is turning up.

Ford - I guess I should have specified...Firefox issue on my laptop.

I posted the issue on a Firefox support forum but there has been no response. :([/quote:1qpyx87u]

Maybe after you uninstalled FF there were still some registry key settings left?

Try uninstalling FF, check for any leftover registry keys, delete them and then re-install.

Or maybe it's just better not to mess around with the registry keys... :lol: