PDA

View Full Version : More irony(?) - Jets meeting Favre in the Superbowl ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2010, 12:09 AM
... since he left them to get there.

Is that irony? Or just bad luck?

Or would the ultimate irony (for the same reason) be if the Vikes lose but the Jets get in?

OT - Does anyone think the Jets have as much of a chance of beating the Colts as we did in the playoffs leading to SB XL?

flippy
01-19-2010, 04:51 PM
I hadn't really thought of Favre beating the Jets in the SuperBowl until I read this. The media will be all over that if that matchup happens.

I expect the Jets to beat Indy. Good D trumps Peyton Manning almost every time.

And I think the Vikings will beat the Saints too. And it will be Brees choking.

SteelAbility
01-19-2010, 04:54 PM
And if Minnesota wins then Favre will have screwed the Jets twice. :wink:

Iron Shiek
01-19-2010, 04:57 PM
It wouldn't be the same since Mangini was his coach with the Jets though...

But he did pretty much use and abuse that FO....so it would still be a big story.

Sugar
01-19-2010, 06:02 PM
It would be funny since Brett's primary reason for going to the Vikings was that he wanted to get back to the Super Bowl. The Jets were supposed to be rebuilding.

feltdizz
01-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Maybe Favre is the Jets motivation...

BATMAN
01-19-2010, 10:41 PM
I thought about the Favre Jets story right after the Jets won last week. One thing is for sure, there is always drama around Favre.

I like Manning and the Colts but I'd like to see a team that never won a Super Bowl win too. Jets have been waiting a long time since their last SB so, that wouldn't bother me if they won it all.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Help me out here, stlrz d or english lit majors - is it irony, or is it fate in that circumstance?

feltdizz
01-19-2010, 11:30 PM
Help me out here, stlrz d or english lit majors - is it irony, or is it fate in that circumstance?

it's whatever one you think it shouldn't be... :wink:

stlrz d
01-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I would say it's irony if the Jets were to beat the Vikings in the SB.

ANPSTEEL
01-20-2010, 06:58 AM

yes-

other than that, it just a coincidence.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-20-2010, 02:20 PM

yes-

other than that, it just a coincidence.

Would you buy "poetic justice" as well? :wft does that mean? :?

Mel Blount's G
01-22-2010, 02:33 PM
The ravens "good" d didn't trump him. You actually need a little offense to beat manning and the colts imo and I'm not sure the jets have enough of it. Sure the jets ran rampant over a chargers D who had trouble with the run all year but if the colts can muster any defensive gamplan whatsoever, they will stop the run and force dirty sanchez to beat them, which he won't do imo. Revis may take Reggie Wayne out of it but manning and the colts will be prepared for this and move the ball with other players. I think the colts will easily handle the jets, who have overachieved imo.

I never paid enough attention to the NFC to know who will win that NFCC. Peterson might go off in this game. I'd like NO to win it all just because I'd think it would help that unique city rebuild itself after the katrina devastation

Wolfhound45
01-22-2010, 02:47 PM
The ravens "good" d didn't trump him. You actually need a little offense to beat manning and the colts imo and I'm not sure the jets have enough of it. Sure the jets ran rampant over a chargers D who had trouble with the run all year but if the colts can muster any defensive gamplan whatsoever, they will stop the run and force dirty sanchez to beat them, which he won't do imo. Revis may take Reggie Wayne out of it but manning and the colts will be prepared for this and move the ball with other players. I think the colts will easily handle the jets, who have overachieved imo.

I never paid enough attention to the NFC to know who will win that NFCC. Peterson might go off in this game. I'd like NO to win it all just because I'd think it would help that unique city rebuild itself after the katrina devastation

Have to respectfully disagree my glistening friend. The Ravens "D" was very similar to our "D" this year, living on the reputation of past triumphs. They were vulnerable to the pass and the Colts proved it. Do not think they will have as easy a time this go around with the Jets defense. Not predicting a Jets victory (though I would like one), but I also do not see the Colts winning by 17.

Mel Blount's G
01-22-2010, 03:01 PM

Have to respectfully disagree my glistening friend. The Ravens "D" was very similar to our "D" this year, living on the reputation of past triumphs. They were vulnerable to the pass and the Colts proved it. Do not think they will have as easy a time this go around with the Jets defense. Not predicting a Jets victory (though I would like one), but I also do not see the Colts winning by 17.
I hear ya wolf, which is kinda why I put the quotations around "good". I too do not think the colts will run up the score on this jets d but I just don't think the jets can do enough on offense to pull out the victory. However, if the jets get such bonuses such as defensive or special teams td's then they could make a game out of it. I just see peyton meaning business this year, not blowing his chance this time and playing one of his signature flawless games which he hasn't always done in the postseason

feltdizz
01-22-2010, 04:46 PM

ummm.... I think the Ravens D did trump Peyton but a great play by Garcon and a ticky tack call erased 2 terrible throws by Peyton...

If Peyton plays like that on Sunday and the flags don't fly Revis and company will have a field day....

For all the talk of the Colts laying down it was 9-3 at the half vs. the Jets.. I expect a close game. I will be surprised if Manning comes out on fire... I think Peyton will be "happy feet" and it will be another ugly FG type game...