PDA

View Full Version : The Jets D

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 10:13 PM
loves to blitz. Rivers was getting rushed all game.

Herewegosteelers!
01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Manning better get ready to take some heat next week.

grotonsteel
01-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Rex Ryan has made Jets D really aggressive. Hats off to him.

Maybe he is the coach of the year. Reaching AFC Championship game with a rookie QB.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-17-2010, 10:38 PM
We rattled Peyton "With an E" badly in 2005 with a LeBeau masterpiece of blitzing. Maybe Ryan can do it too.

I'm sort of in two minds about the Jets going all the way though (as unlikely as it will be) - don't want anyone saying a young Sanchez was better than a young Ben!

feltdizz
01-17-2010, 10:43 PM
We rattled Peyton "With an E" badly in 2005 with a LeBeau masterpiece of blitzing. Maybe Ryan can do it too.

I'm sort of in two minds about the Jets going all the way though (as unlikely as it will be) - don't want anyone saying a young Sanchez was better than a young Ben!

Only thing he would be is younger... Flacco got to the AFCCG too..LOL!!

I think the Jets are set up to beat the Colts.. the blitz and cover tight. Revis is good for shutting down one guy.. and as we saw.. the other guys aren't half bad.

grotonsteel
01-17-2010, 10:51 PM

I think the Jets are set up to beat the Colts.. the blitz and cover tight. Revis is good for shutting down one guy.. and as we saw.. the other guys aren't half bad.

I am picking Jets over Colts.

Love Jets D and O-line. I think Revis can handle Reggie Wayne 1-on-1. I would love to see Peyton choke again.

Mike Greenberg gonna go crazy tomorrow morning on Mike n Mike. He even calls one guy there in studio as Revis and he gonna keep doing it till Jets lose.

NJ-STEELER
01-17-2010, 10:57 PM
one thing we see i how these so called "elite" QBs fare vs. an aggressive ryan coached D.

something Ben has had to face 2 times (at least) per year

steelfin
01-18-2010, 12:01 AM
To say that Peyton Manning in not an "elite" QB is simply ridiculous...

BATMAN
01-18-2010, 12:11 AM
I think I would like to see the Jets win but, I think the Colts would make it a better Super Bowl performance. If the Colts win the AFC, they'll win the Super Bowl but, I think the Jets would lose in the Super Bowl.

Starlifter
01-18-2010, 12:11 AM
peyton is a phenomenal QB but his achilles heal has ALWAYS been to get him dirty. If the Jets keep the blitz and hurry him or plant him a few times he gets happy feet and throws bad balls. If that game is close in the 3rd look out......

SanAntonioSteelerFan
01-18-2010, 12:21 AM
peyton is a phenomenal QB but his achilles heal has ALWAYS been to get him dirty. If the Jets keep the blitz and hurry him or plant him a few times he gets happy feet and throws bad balls. If that game is close in the 3rd look out......

:Agree :Agree It's what we did on the way to SB XL!! (And don't forget "The Tackle"!! Or BMac saving our season with one (two?) break up of Manning's fades into the end zone, forcing the idiot kicker to kick ... and miss!!).

Shoe
01-18-2010, 12:51 AM

Haha... in the end, isn't that every QB's "achilles heal" (sp btw)?
I agree that people seem to overlook Peyton's ability in big games... going back to college, I always considered him somewhat of a choke artist. However, I've changed on him a bit; I think he has become so wise, so experienced... to the point where "pressure" in the choking sense doesn't affect him near what it used to.

I do agree that "pressure" in the pass rush sense will still mess with him, like anyone.

feltdizz
01-18-2010, 12:59 AM
Peyton was a flag away from 2 INT's last game... Garçon saved him on one and the PI call saved him on the other. Not sure Peyton is over pressure yet.

papillon
01-18-2010, 01:39 AM
Peyton was a flag away from 2 INT's last game... Garçon saved him on one and the PI call saved him on the other. Not sure Peyton is over pressure yet.

What I thought was interesting was it appeared early that Manning was trying to avoid Ed Reed at all costs. He was checking down and not really looking intermediate or deep, unless, he absolutely knew he had 1-on-1 coverage and no safety help. Then he seemed to get emboldened by something and he begins throwing into areas where Reed is lurking and he throws two picks and as you mentioned bailed out by Garcon on one and the PI on the other.

Both were bad throws and he really wasn't under duress from what I recall.

Pappy

Starlifter
01-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Haha... in the end, isn't that every QB's "achilles heal" (sp btw)?

isn't Ben's QB rating when pressured something like 115?

some thrive under pressure, peyton doesn't.

SteelAbility
01-18-2010, 07:53 AM
That was some very entertaining defense, I must say. Revis for MVP, forget DPOTY. They gave up 8 passing TDs all season and only one there to a prolific SD air attack. I recall SD going to Revis' man twice all game and one of those ended in a pick. Very impressive. IND by no means has the AFCCG in the bag.

SidSmythe
01-18-2010, 09:33 AM
REX RYAN is a Great Coach. He has great imagination and you can tell the young guys believe in him. Although I often wonder why these coaches don't spend a little more time in the gym.

Jooser
01-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Hats off to Kaeding for keeping the NY market interested in next week's game. The NFL must be loving it, from a ratings and sales perspective. :stirpot

proudpittsburgher
01-18-2010, 09:54 AM
The thing is, you don't even have to get to Manning . . . to get to Manning. He won't take a hit. Any time he gets pressure, he doesn't even try to get rid of it or get out of the tackle, he curls up into the fetal position and just takes the loss of down. I really can't see the Jets win next week, but it could get entertaining if they get good pressure on Manning.

Iron Shiek
01-18-2010, 12:36 PM

I am picking Jets over Colts.

Love Jets D and O-line. I think Revis can handle Reggie Wayne 1-on-1. I would love to see Peyton choke again.

Mike Greenberg gonna go crazy tomorrow morning on Mike n Mike. He even calls one guy there in studio as Revis and he gonna keep doing it till Jets lose.

Will they have an answer for Dallas Clark though? I predicted the Chargers to beat the Jets with the Jets not having an answer for Gates. Gates went crazy (10 rec, 98 yds), but it didn't equate to much obviously. So maybe the Jets can stop the Colts. Ha.

feltdizz
01-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Hats off to Kaeding for keeping the NY market interested in next week's game. The NFL must be loving it, from a ratings and sales perspective. :stirpot
Just what are you suggesting? lol